Mischief Managed (Xxbutterfiywings & JingleKaileiJangle)

Started by xxbutterfiywings, December 22, 2009, 07:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaileikehi

Lily's legs moved fast. She passed right on by the library, something in her gut telling her that Riley wasn't in there. She skirted around corners, and took the stairs two at a time, downright determined. Up, up she went, to the seventh floor, where she only paused at the portrait of the Fat Lady, suddenly unable to go any further. She couldly say the password, what was she to do? She was sure now, that Riley was in there, she could feel it, and yet, she was a bit useless.

"R-rumplestiltkin!" Sirius panted. As soon as James had told hims to go off, he had patted him on the back and was off like a rocket after Lily. He wasn't far behind her after all, and when he saw her pause, he shouted for her, passed her, and scrambled into the common room. "Riley?" He looked around. The room was empty, or it appeared to be.

Lily climbed into the portrait hole and hurried after Sirius. She didn't even pause to look. She knew. She made her way over to her window and abruptly tugged back the curtians. She stared up at her best friend's wet cheeks, and climbed into the chair to climb up on the windowsill beside her and grab her to her. She held her close, kissing her head and rockings her back and forth.

Sirius stared, making his way over. He saw the note and reached, taking it from where Riley had it... and he read. As he did so, his expression became more and more angered. He stared at the note, hands shaking. ""Right then. Riley, let's burn this paper of lies and trash. Let's burn it because it doesn't need to exist. You're not a burden. You deserve soooo much, you're such a good person, and a wonderful friend. Your parents don't know how lucky they were. But you know, we're the lucky ones now. Because you belong to us, and there's no way in hell, we're ever letting you go or pushing you away because we want you. I want you. Lily wants you. James wants you. We love you and dnothing is ever, going to change that."

xxbutterfiywings

Riley heard Sirius yelling the password outside of the portrait door and for a moment she froze. It was so easy believing that somehow she would cause the people she cared about pain and hurt. Why couldn't they just leave her alone? She didn't want to hurt anyone anymore. Especially not Lily, Sirius and James.

A gentle hiccup escaped past her lips when the curtain was pulled back and she couldn't stop the tears, wanting to pretend that she was alright. She didn't want them to see how upset she was because she didn't deserve any type of relationship with them. Her blue eyes widened when the red head climbed up and pulled her towards her and soon her body was trembling as more tears fell down her cheeks.

Riley closed her eyes trying her best to block out all of Sirius' words afraid that he was lying to her. They would leave her, he couldn't predict the future. But then again how could she? She shook her head trying to stop those thoughts as she nibbled on her bottom lip before her eyes looked up at Lily and then Sirius. Would they really stay with her? Even if she were to only be a burden upon them all?

"D-Do you promise you wont leave me? P-Please?" She asked, her words barely audible as a sob escaped from her lips and she hugged the red head even tighter. "I-I don't want to hurt you guys... you're all I have now" She said honestly rubbing at her eyes trying to make the tears stop.

Kaileikehi

Lily mades 'shhing' motions with her silent mouth, stroking Riley's hair gently and using her sleeves to help dry her face, even though she knew more tears were still falling and she'd have more drying to do. She hugged her ever tighter and listened as the girl stammered out her request. She looked her dead in the eye, and held up her pinky. That was one thing about Lily. If you pinky swore, she took it seriously. There was no going back on it by either party in the swearing. As she held it up now, it was to show Riley just how much she meant it.

Oh Rowdy, I could never leave you. I love you too much. She kissed the girl's cheek gently and lovingly, burying her face against her neck and nuzling affectionately as she did sometimes as of lately in order to show her how much she cared about her even if she couldn't actually say it aloud.

Sirius moved foreward, attatching himself to the only bit of the girl he could reach at the moment, one of her hanging legs. He stared up at her. "Til death do us part, Ri-ri, we shall never leave you. Well, unless it's to go to the bathroom or something, cause I'm pretty sure you can't go in the bloke's room without questions being asked, but you get the idea." He gave her a smile, obviously kidding as it was just as obvious that she meant on a grander scale than just physically. Although he wouldn't have minded being with her constantly, even handcuffed together he'd be happy.

"Riley, judging by this crap load of shit here..." Sirius held up the letter. "It appears that we're all you've ever really had. Hogwarts, this world... you belong here with us. Not with these loser freaks who write such appalling things to their lovely daughter who had done nothing wrong. I mean, it's one thing for my mother to write me appalling letters, I was no more than a disappointment to her for what I had become. But at least she loved be before I was a Gryffindor. And you're parents, don't seem to have really loved you at all. They don't deserve you. And they know it so they're trying to make you feel bad by saying you're the undeserving one. But Riley, now things are going to be different. You never have to see them again if you don't want to." He threw down the letter and stepped on it. "These aren't parents, this isn't a mother. They should never have been allowed to procreate and keep the product. If you want to see parents, just wait until we get to the Potters. Mrs. Potter's always wanted daughters... I know she's going to hug you, and then you'll see what it feels like, when someone who truely cares about you, can put that caring into a hug, because that's what mum's do. They have special funky mum hugs that make you melt and practically suck your thumb and ask to be read a story."

xxbutterfiywings

Riley smiled softly when Lily would raise her pinky and she looked at the red head girl knowing that she definitely meant it. The brunette would never have to worry about being alone even if her that was what her parents wanted for her. She reached her pinky out to Lily and hooked it with the other girls. She would never break her promise that was for sure, she would never leave Lily alone as long as the girl didn't leave her alone.

"Thank you beansprout" She said softly, rubbing at her eyes once again before she would feel Sirius hugging her leg and she giggled softly before gently pulling away from the red head and she slid down from the window sill. She wrapped her arms tightly around Sirius and she hugged him tightly.

"Thank you also Sirius. It would be nice to know what real parents are like" She said softly, blushing after a moment when she realized how horrible she must look and instantly she used her hands to rub at her cheeks and eyes once again. "I must look horrible" She mumbled before she would pull away from the boy and she took a deep breath. Her blue eyes looked down not sure what to say now. She almost felt silly for getting so upset. But it hurt to think that her parents didn't want her anymore. That they only saw her as a burden. But at least now she knew that they she had her best friends.

Kaileikehi

A few weeks later, Lily was staring out the window of the Hogwarts Express, watching as buildings came into veiw and big fat snowflakes fell everywhere. It was gorgeous, the snow. Something she adored with every ounce of her being. She shivered slightly, tugging her cloaked tighter around herself as the train began the slow. It had been quite the trip, fairly silent, but it was a calm, happy silence, sometimes broken by jabbering laughter.

It was finally winter break, and they were on their way to the Potters. Lily was anxious... nervous... she hoped they liked her, because she didn't know what she'd do if they didn't. And she also certaintly hoped they wouldn't think badly of her not speaking... she did want to, just couldn't. Still blocked and silent she was, as though that scream from that day had been the last of her voice. As the train finally came to a halt, she shuddered and looked at the others nervously, excited.

Sirius was happily sitting on the floor of the train, attempting building a card house out of a deck of Exploding Snap cards and doing his best to try and complete it before it blew up in his face... again. He laughed as it exploded for the fifth time, singeing the tips of his hair and his eyebrows, but he didn't mind it. He was much too happy for anything to bring him down. He was headed to his favorite place on earth, besides Hogwarts.

"I can't wait. Mrs. Potter will probably have something hot and awesome waiting for us at the house, don't you think Prongs? Like she always does. And then, we'll sit and have cocoa before bed and in the morning... in the morning we can go sledding and ice skating in the back garden. And we can build snowmen and stuff. And then there'll be more cocoa!" He laughed as his cards exploded once more and began collecting them as the train stopped.

xxbutterfiywings

James was happy to be heading home, even though he could tell his house would be a full one this time around. He didn't mind of course, at least he was spending the holiday with everyone he loved. He wrapped his arms around Lily as she shivered and playfully nuzzled his nose in her red locks. "I'll keep you warm" He whispered softly in her ear looking out the window for just a moment.

He enjoyed the snow, it was always fun to pack snowballs and throw them at the Slytherins, but he also loved just being home with his family. He noticed that nervous expression on Lily's face and he squeezed her tightly in a hug. "Don't worry about my parents. They'll love you" He said with a nod before he would look to Sirius who continued to rave about his parents and he laughed softly.

"Yup, mum always has soup waiting for us." He said honestly. It was almost a family tradition it seemed to enjoy the cup of soup and then talk before having some cocoa. He smirked seeing how excited Sirius was about the whole trip and he laughed hysterically seeing those cards explode again.

"Maybe you should've been paying more attention to your cards Pads instead of sharing your cocoa desires with everyone."He said with a chuckle before he would stood and he took Lily's hand with a smile.

It seemed like the train ride had passed Riley by considering the girl had slept almost the whole way to the Kings Cross Station. Since they had mid terms right before the Christmas break, she barely slept a wink. She breathed lightly, her head resting on the seat since Sirius was on the floor and slowly her eyes opened when she felt the train coming to a halt. The main reason why she had felt asleep was due to the fact that she didn't want to get her nerves all worked up. But also, she had been exhausted in the first place and she didn't want to be crabby when she met James parents.

A smile came to her lips when she heard Sirius talking about cocoa and more cocoa and her eyes widened when those cards would explode. She sat up slowly, her fingers playfully pulling some card pieces out of Sirius' black locks and she giggled softly. "You're a mess" She said with a wink before she would stand and put on her winter coat and gloves.

Kaileikehi

Lily forced a worried smile, snuggling up to James for warmth before she slipped away from him and tugged on her hat. It was a bunny that hat, white with long floppy ears and a face with button eyes. The strings hung down her shoulders, getting lost in her hair as she tugged on her matching bunny eared mittens and shivered again. She loved the way the snow was falling, but she wasn't fond of the cold. Soup and cocoa sounded great.

She bit her lip and shyly reached her mittened hand out, taking James's and looking down at her feet anxiously. She rarely took his hand, letting their relationship stick mainly to the random cuddling that happened every now and then, and only when she was feeling especially clingy. But today she wanted his hand, something safe and sturdy to hold onto in case her knees went out from beneath her or she slipped on a patch of ice or something.

Opening her mouth, Lily made another attempt at saying something, and still nothing. She frowned and sighed, giving up again as her voice remained lost. She wanted it back though, was ready to have it back.

Sirius laughed. His eyes gleamed with excitement and he rubbed his hands together. "Your mum's cocoa is amazing though. It's enough to make anyone have some desires." He grinned and shoved the cards that hard started repairing themselves into his pockets, making sure to gather the pieces from all around him so that he didn't end up with a deck of strangely shaped cards. He smiled up at Riley and got up, slipping his cloak around himself and reaching for her hand. He liked holding her hand.. it was small, and soft, and warm, and just so perfectly fit in his that he couldn't help it. He did it in a purely seemingly friendly way though.

"Of course I'm a mess, would you expect anything less of me?" Sirius grinned micheviously, and suddenly wrapped an arm around Riley's waist, scooping her up and over his shoulder. "Alright then. Here hold this." He lowered her enough so she could grab her bag and picked up his own, marching out of the compartment and down the corridor to the door of the train.

xxbutterfiywings

James stood up once the train completely stopped and he slipped on his cloak as well as his gloves before seeing that Lily's hand had taken his own and he smiled softly. "I can't say I have ever seen your winter garments. Quite cute, it suits you well." He said with a chuckle, not making fun of Lily as well. He did think that it made the red head quite cute.

He frowned seeing that Lily had open her mouth to say something but nothing came out and he sighed softly. "It's okay Lils. Just a little bit longer and you'll have your voice back" He said with a nod before leading her outside the compartment after he grabbed both their bags with one hand and then lead her off the train. His brown eyes looked through the crowd of family members and he smirked seeing a man who looked almost identical to him and then a woman who was a little shorter than his father but still had black hair as well.

"There's my mum and dad." He said with a grin, getting more excited as he would lead Lily over to his parents and hugged his mom tightly before doing the same to his dad. "Mum, dad. This is Lily Evans. Lily this is my mum, Sara and my dad Tom." He said to the red head before looking back at Sirius and Riley and he playfully shook his head.

"The brunette that Pads is carrying is Riley." He said with a chuckle.

Sara hugged her son tightly and smiled seeing the red head who was holding her son's hand and she turned to Lily. She hugged the girl tightly and smiled brightly. "It's so nice to finally meet you Lily, James always talks about you." She said with a laugh and pulled the girl into another hug. She was just so happy to see everyone spending the holidays together.

Riley gasped when Sirius lifted her onto his shoulder and she sighed knowing that Sirius wasn't going to put her down anytime soon. " I am not going to meet the Potters on top of your shoulder. You better put me down." She said and took her bag from Sirius but pressed a gentle kiss to the top of his head.

"Thank you for dragging me a long for the holidays" She said with a soft smile and blushed for just a moment. She really wished that the boy had some feelings for her.

Kaileikehi

Lily gave a very tiny squeak, which was normal, as Mrs. Potter hugged her so tight. She sighed and hugged her just as tightly back, getting a bit clingy and breathing in that scent that all mother's seemed to have. Gosh, she missed her mum. As Sara let go, she gave a tiny whimper and retreated to clinging to James as though he were some sort of life line she refused to let go of. Her arms went around his torso and she buried her head against his shoulder.

Trying very hard not to cry, Lily bit her lip and attempted to keep a brave face before she ended up letting go of James and bolting foreward to attatch herself to Mrs. Potter in a very childish manner indeed, but she was having a rough time of this. She clung to the older woman in a way reminiscent of a five year old instead of a seventeen year old, of age, witch.

"I'm glad you're glad. And even if you hadn't come willingly, we'da packed you in our bags somehow." Sirius laughed brightly, spinning around with Riley before setting her down gently and brushing her hair back from her face. He grinned at her ever so tenderingly before that tenderness disappeared behind the mask of boyness he typically had on. He darted and hugged Mrs. Potter around Lily and then shook hands with Mr. Potter. "I've missed you guys. Yeah, this is Riley Walters." He reached and tugged Riley foreward. "Riley, this is Sara and Tom Potter, the best surrogate parents a guy could ask for."

Tom beamed around at all of them, hugging his son and shaking Sirius's hand before capturing Riley up in a tight, loving hug. "It's great to see you too Sirius, and it's wonderful to have you girls joining us. I expect Sara was growing tired of having a houseful of men."

xxbutterfiywings

James frowned when Lily clung to him and he gently kissed her forehead knowing exactly what the red head was thinking about. He wasn't surprised however when Lily instantly moved to his mother for another hug and he smiled softly as he looked at his mother. She was an amazing woman and he knew that he was lucky to have both his parents in his life, especially when he was surrounded by friends who didn't have them anymore.

"Don't cry Lil's we'll have lots of fun at my house alright?" He told the red head, gently rubbing her back as she clung to his mother.

Sara watched how the slender girl clung to her son and she frowned for just a moment. James had told her what had happened, so she knew that it must be hard for Lily. She opened her arms and accepted the girl when Lily would attach herself to her and she smiled softly. "Thank you for coming to visit us Lily. I think it would be good for you, not to mention I would like some girls in the house." She said softly with a laugh and hugged Lily as tight as she could without hurting her. She knew that Lily needed a mothers love right now.

Riley smiled softly and let out a sigh of relief when she was put down. "Thank you for finally putting me down." She said and grinned blushing a bit when he brushed the hair from her cheek and she turned around to face the Potters. A sheepish grin came to her lips feeling a little embarassed but it didn't seem like the couple wasn't used to this kind of silly nature.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Potter." She said about to extend her hand out to the man when she was pulled into that hug but she took it happily. She had never recieved a hug from a parent before and it was actually kind of nice.

"Well, it's an equal amount of men and woman now, hopefully it wont be too chaotic with these two around." She said and playfully pointed at James and Sirius with a soft giggle.   

Kaileikehi

It took Lily a few minutes to have her fill of 'mommy scent', at least for now. She smiled, kissed the older woman on the cheek in thanks and moved to contently take Riley's hand before reaching to take James's as well because she felt like having one on each side. She tugged them to her, hugging their arms with one each of her's and smiling happily. She was glad she had such lovely friends to spend the holidays with.

Sirius kept grinning, placing a hand on top of Riley's head. "Only because the Muggles might get curious and we wouldn't have fit in the car. But as soon as we get to the Potter's, it's back up you go." He patted her head and then wrapped his arms around her from behind, snuggling her face down into her hair affectionately for a moment. He was in such a good mood today. He adored the Potters.

Tom smiled as he watched the kids. He took up the girl's trunks. "Chaos? We'll be lucky if the neighbors don't think the house has exploded again, but then, maybe you ladies will be able to keep them out of too much trouble. You can blow up the neighbor's dog again, but you may absolutely not blow up those stupid little lawn gnomes of their's. The carnage was just too much to take, and all that yelling..." He shuddered and started for the car. "Better stick to the dog."

"We don't really blow up the dog... just make it look kinda singed. And if he were a nice dog we wouldn't do it, but he's probably one of the biggest jerks of a dog we've ever met."

xxbutterfiywings

Riley took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror. Mr. and Mrs. Potter were way too generous by offering their house to three extra teenagers beside their own son. She looked over at the red head and smiled before running a hand through her long dark locks once again. "Are you nervous beansprout? I sure am" She said honestly not sure why she had run up the stairs to check her make up. Riley knew that the butterflies were due both to the new atmosphere but also since Sirius continuously looked at her with beautiful eyes, and touched her with his soft skin. Another deep breath escaped her lips as she heard Ms. Potter call up the stairs to them.

"Ready to head back downstairs?" She asked with a grin and held her hand out to the red head. "Dinner was quite yummy huh? Maybe Ms. Potter can show us some cooking spells" She said excitedly, glad to have a motherly figure in her life for the time being. It's not like her mother ever took the time to teach her simple muggle tasks like cooking. 

"Girls! Come downstairs and have some hot chocolate!" Sara called up the stairs. She looked towards the two boys who were joking around and she raised an eyebrow. "James can you bring this tray to the kitchen while I grab the other one?" She asked her son pointing to a tray of mugs filled with hot chocolate while the tray she grabbed had toppings like whip cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles and sugar pieces. She put the tray on the coffee table in the living room.

James smirked as he punched Sirius in the arm before grabbing the tray like his mother had asked. "Wonder why the girls ran up stairs..." He mumbled, shaking his head in misunderstanding. and he raised an eyebrow as he looked at the various toppings his mother provided on the other coffee tray and he laughed.

"Bloody hell mother, do you plan on making us plump?" He asked her playfully and then looked to Sirius with a chuckle. "I'm sure pads wouldn't mind gaining ten pounds from sugar."

"Not plump, just want to add a few pounds to your thin bodies. You boys look like you don't eat at Hogwarts! Perhaps i should write the headmaster." She said with furrowed eyebrows as she looked over the boys to make sure their clothes weren't dangling over their bodies.

Kaileikehi

Lily nodded, bright and happy. She had bolted straight after Riley, wanting to make sure her best friend was ok, but also to make sure she looked alright as well. She was quite sure she had slopped soup all down her shirt at one point, and didn't want to make a poor impression upon the Potters by it soaking through. Sure enough, as she peered down it, her face lit up red and she plucked a noodle from her bra. Tugging up her shirt, she took it all the way off and then dug into her bag, getting a clean one and pulling it on. She then quickly ran a brush through her hair and pulled it back out of her face into a pony tail. She moved up behind Riley and hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek, as though to tell her it would all be alright. They could be nervous and anxious all they wanted, the Potters seemed very nice so far.

Upon the call of hot chocolate, Lily took Riley's hand in her's and led her out and down to the living room, shooting her a reassuring smile. They would be just fine. Somehow, just somehow, she knew this already.

Tom laughed, passing by his wife, the tray of hot chocolate mugs already in his hands. He held it high above his head with one hand while he tugged her to him by the waist and planted a loving kiss upon her lips. "James, don't swear at your mother. If she says you're too thin, you're too thin. But then, she's always said I'm much too thin as well."

Sirius grinned and plucked a candy cane from the tray, popping it in his mouth and crunching down on it. "The way your mother cooks, Prongs, I don't care if I turn into a ten ton blob monster." He looked towards the foot of the stairs and a brighter smile lit up his face. He plucked two more candy canes from the tray, strode over to the stairs and got down on one knee before them, holding out the candy canes between his fingers while his own stuck out of his mouth. "Ladies."

Lily smiled and took the candy cane from Sirius, patting him on the head and placing it in her mouth. They were her favorite, candy canes were. She let go of Riley's hand and made her way over to James, taking the tray from him with a smile and moving to place it down on the coffee table. She then spun around and hugged her male best friend around the middle, staring up at him brightly.

xxbutterfiywings

Riley let out a surprised gasp when Lily would suddenly pull her out of the room and she smiled back at the red head when she saw that reassuring smile. She took one last breath before they were at the edge of the stairs and that candy cane was being placed out in front of her and she laughed softly at Lily's reaction.

"I think Lily is in heaven." She said playfully and looked into Sirius' eyes for just a moment. He was such a romantic and every time he did something like this... it made her heart flutter. "Thank you sir" She said and playfully curtsied and took the candy cane. "How could I ever repay you for such a noble deed?" She grinned and unwrapped the candy cane before sticking part of it in her mouth.

James smirked hearing Sirius comment about becoming a monster and he nodded his head. "She sure is a good cook, I'm pretty thankful for her." He said smiling before his eyes turned towards the stairs and he saw the red head. He allowed her to take the tray and wrapped his arms around her tightly. "You and Walters disappeared for quite some time, I was starting to think I was going to have to lure you out with something minty." He said playfully and kissed her forehead gently.

"Mum has a lot of minty items you can put in your hot chocolate. I kinda let it slip that you like it a lot." He said with a grin and picked up a mug for her and handed it to Lily.

Sara gasped when Tom pulled her close and she returned the kiss and hug lovingly. "You both are two thin, I don't care what you say." She said with a sigh and tugged on Tom's hand. "Now have some hot chocolate everyone, don't let it get cold." She said picking up a mug for herself and one for Tom as well before putting some whip cream and sprinkles on her own.

Kaileikehi

Sirius rose to his feet, crunching away at his own candy cane, taking Riley's hand and leading her over the the rest. He took the candy cane from her and set both of their's down upon the table, grinning micheviously. "Oh, I don't know my lady.. maybe... a little..." He got her around the waist and lifted her up onto his shoulder as he had earlier, spinning her around in a circle before setting her down on the couch and tickling her mercilessly. "I've got you, Riley!" He laughed and reached a hand over, gripping the whipped cream and spraying just a wee bit onto the very tip of Riley's nose. Lily smiled softly, sucking hard at her candy cane. She nuzzled her face against James's chest before she took the mug and stuck her candy cane in. She practically purred with happiness as she sipped at it slowly, enjoying how warm and delicious it was. She set her mug down on the table and grabbed hold of James again. She pressed him towards a chair and sat down on the floor herself in front of the table, decorating her cocoa with what seemed to be a moutain of green whipped cream. Somehow or other, his mum had made minty whipped cream and Lily was like a fly to honey over it.

Tom grinned at his wife, taking his mug and loading it up with chocolate syrup. He was the kind who liked his cocoa extra chocolatey and the more it stuck to his mouth the better.

xxbutterfiywings

Riley blinked when Sirius would take her candy cane and place it on the table and instantly she knew she was in trouble when she saw that mischievous grin. "Sirius Black... you better keep that silly grin to yourself." She said with a raised eyebrow, gasping instantly however when he would pick her up. She laughed as he spun her around in a circle and closed her eyes for just a moment. It always felt like she was flying when she was with Sirius. The dark haired boy made her feel like she had wings, that she could do anything as long he was in her life. Once, they stopped spinning she opened her eyes once again and looked down blushing lightly when she caught a glimpse of his butt. She shook her head, sitting down on the couch when he placed her there and she smiled triumphantly.

"Is that all you were planning? I could ---" She gasped as his fingers started to tickle at her sides and instantly she squirmed in her seat laughing loudly. "P-Pleaseeee s-stop." She laughed out and blinked when she felt the cold whip cream on the tip of her nose. She pointed to her nose and pouted. "Why is that there?" She asked him blue eyes looking into his and she blushed lightly. She hated knowing that she wanted to kiss but also knowing she had no chance with this amazing boy.

James watched as the red head would dunk her candy cane in the hot chocolate and he followed Lily over to the chair. He watched as she would decorate her hot chocolate and once she was done, he would gesture for the red head to come over to him. Once she did, he pulled her into his lap and grinned as he playfully took a sip of her hot chocolate. "You really do like mint huh?" He asked her playfully and rested his head on her shoulder for just a moment.

Sara took a few sips from her own hot chocolate before she would suddenly jump up. "Oh! Did you kids hear about the celebration Diagon Alley is having for New Years Eve? They're supposed to have fireworks and butter beer, I think you lot would have a wonderful time." She said with a grin not kicking the teenagers out of the house of course, but it wasn't like they had any special plans for the new years. If anything, she and Tom would just cuddle and have some wine. They were getting too old for all that partying.

James heard his mothers idea and then smirked. "Perhaps we could invite Remus and Peter and make an event of it huh Pads?" He asked the boy and then looked to the red head in his lap. "Would you like to go Lily?" He asked her with a bright grin. Even though he mentioned Remus and Peter, he was honestly thinking of making it almost date like since they didn't have a date due to unfortunate circumstances

Kaileikehi

"Because, I'm making you into something edible, now hold still." Sirius pretended to be concentrating really hard as he ran the whipped cream down her cheek and then the other, getting most of her face. He laughed, bark like, as he lapped at her cheek. "Mmm, Riley." He took up some of the cream with one of his fingers and offered it to her. "Want some?" He grinned at her. If only she knew how very much he adored her. He hadn't put any whipped ceam on her mouth, he hadn't been able to get himself to, for if he had, the temptation to kiss her would be much greater than it already was. He feared what would happen if he were to open that door.

Lily beamed at James, snuggling up to him, her body meshing to his perfectly. She sipped at her cocoa, getting the cream on her face but whiping it off qquickly as a blush crept up into her cheeks and forehead. She ate away at the cream slowly finishing off her mug rather quickly, the cream having cooled it. She yawned and closed her eyes, curling up more so, hugging her mug, only perking up a bit when Mrs. Potter mentioned the fireworks. She blinked and nodded. Yes. She would very much like to go see the fireworks and celebrate the new year. That would be fun.

xxbutterfiywings

Riley blushed instantly when she felt the whip cream being spread across her cheek and her eyes widened as she felt his tongue lapping at her cheek. The dark haired girl however did not find this situation humorous, if anything, it was quite embarrassing for Riley. Her eyes narrowed when he grinned at her and she squirmed away from him. "I'll be back" She mumbled putting her hot chocolate down as she made her way up the stairs once again. As she quickly stomped up the stairs, she felt tears come to her eyes. It almost seemed like Sirius was playing with her emotions. It was almost like he knew how she felt about him and just wanted to toy with her mind. It was driving Riley crazy, not to mention it was hurting her more and more every day just by being near him. She quickly moved into the bedroom that the Potters set up for she and Lily and closed the door. She plopped down on the bed, hugging her pillows to her body as the tears started to slide down her cheeks.

James let his fingers gently run through those red locks as she curled into him and he chuckled seeing the whip cream on her forehead. "Silly Lily." He mumbled playfully, feeling exhausted as well and he grinned seeing how the event had perked her interest. "Well then, we should go on new years eve to diagon alley. We could even make it a date, if you would like." He said with a smile, sipping at his hot chocolate before his eyes turned towards Riley who was heading up the stairs and then looking to Sirius for his reaction. "Hm... wonder what happened." He said softly hoping that the two weren't in a tiff, he really wanted to make it a double date if possible.

Kaileikehi

"Ri, I wa sjust...." Sirius stammered, unable to understand why she was suddenly unplayful and against the whipped cream. He frowned, feeling very much like an idiot. How was he suppose to win her over if she didn't seem to like most of the things he did? Sure, they got along just fine, but sometimes it felt like he just pushed all the wrong buttons when it came to that girl. Confused, Sirius slumped down on the couch, feeling very much defeated. He looked at James and sighed. Perhaps later he would talk to his best friend, admit his feelings and try to get some help. He looked at the stairs, where she had disappeared, and buried his face in a cushion.

Lily was distracted from James's question, not hearing it as Riley seemed to have some sort of internal outburst and marched up the stairs. She slid out of James's lap, kissed his cheek and hurried off up the stairs after her best friend. She knocked lightly on the door, entering without waiting for an answer, but giving Riley enough time to hide her face if she wanted to. She moved over to the bed, sitting down on it and resting a cautious hand on Riley's shoulder, the way she always did when she knew something was wrong.

xxbutterfiywings

Riley heard the knock on the door and instantly hid her face in her pillow. She had a feeling that it was Lily, but she just didn't want her friend to see her so upset. Not to mention, she didn't want Lily to see her so upset so upset about Sirius. Riley was just so tired of flirting, she either wanted to know his feelings or all of this flirty nonsense to stop. Slowly she would let one of her eyes peak out from the pillow when she felt that hand on her shoulder and she frowned.

"I'm sorry for getting so upset bean sprout." She said softly rubbing at her eyes as she slowly sit up and hold the pillow against her chest, only allowing her eyes to peak out from above the fabric. "I just...I really like Sirius. And it's so hard when he done those silly things because I know, i know there's no way we could possibly be together. He probably doesn't even like me and yet he continues to flirt with me. I just wish he would tell me if he what he's feeling" She said, her blue eyes filling with tears once again as she would put the pillow down and nuzzle the red head. She missed hearing Lily's voice and her calming words. It just wasn't the same without hearing the red head say the words aloud.

James nodded his head as he felt that kiss upon his cheek and he looked to his friend with a sigh. He moved over to Sirius and sat down next to his friend. 'What's up mate? Girl troubles?" He asked him with a smirk and ran a hand through his messy black locks.

"It didn't seem like you didn't anything wrong by the way... I think Walter's is just a bit frustrated." He said honestly. It was really obvious that they both liked each other. It was obvious to everyone except for the Riley and Sirius it seemed!

Kaileikehi

Lily cuddled up to her buddy and pondered the situation over in her head. She wasn't quite sure what Riley should do really. It took her a few minutes before she grinned brightly and jumped off the bed. She grabbed the small notebook and pen she carried in her pocket and began scribbling on it rapidly. When she had finished, she handed it off to Riley.

I'll talk to James and see if he can ask if Sirius like you or not, casually of course. Or you could just ask him to be your date for the New Year's fireworks, and make sure to imply that it's more than just a 'just friends' date.

Lily smiled, kissing Riley's forehead, trying to calm her. She too, wished she could get the words out to make her feel better.

Sirius groaned. "Girls. Are. Bloody. Crazy." He sat up. "No matter what I do, I always seem to do the wrong thing. I mean, yeah, it wasn't wrong wrong, just she didn't like it. I was trying to.. I just... It's hard to be around her so much and not be able to.. to..." He sighed. "Mate, can I tell you a secret?"

xxbutterfiywings

Riley watched as Lily jumped off of the bed and grabbed the notebook. She watched as the red head scribbled on the piece of paper and she took the notebook once Lily was done. She read over the words and she blushed instantly seeing that they should go on a more than just friends date and Riley took a deep breath. "But what if he says no...?" She mumbled softly and sighed before she hugged Lily tightly and cuddled the girl. "Maybe i just need some sleep to gain the courage. Will you stay with me for a while please?" She asked the red head, still not sure what the morning would bring but she knew that she was exhausted at the moment. She was still confused on what she wanted to do, but hopefully she would come up with a plan in the morning.

James listened to his friends confused thoughts and he smirked raising an eyebrow. "Pads, are you implying that its hard to be around Walters without wanting to kiss her?" He asked his friend, wanting to save Sirius some of the embarassment. It would be nice to finally hear one of them admit their feelings. He patted his friend on the shoulder. "You can tell me anything, but i have a feeling that I already know, and the whole wizarding world knows what your going to say." He said with a soft chuckle and looked towards the stairs, wondering if Lily was calming down Riley just like he was helping Sirius.

Kaileikehi

Lily smiled and nodded, snuggling up to Riley affectionately. She would stay, definitely. Whenever Riley needed her, she'd be there, snuggling and cuddling just like she was now, with words to help and make things look a little brighter. She knew, oh how she knew, Sirius was smitten over her best friend as much as Riley was over him. She and James liked to roll their eyes at them when they weren't looking. She took up the notebook again and wrote on it before showing it to Riley again. He won't say no.

The next morning the sky was clouded over and soft big flakes of snow were falling down, coating the world with a wonderful whiteness that made it sparkle. Lily yawned. She'd stayed awake, stroking Riley's hair until she fell asleep, and soon after, Lily had been out cold. She'd been too tired to move into her own bed, so she'd just stayed with Riley, snuggling close and comfortably. She rubbed at her eyes and snuggled close to Riley again, not quite ready to get up yet, intoxicated on cocoa and minty goodness aftermath she was. She very much wanted to go back to dreamworld... where there was a lot of minty whipped cream and candy cane castles.

"I... I..." Sirius gulped. "James,... I think I might be in bloody love."

xxbutterfiywings

Riley had fallen asleep the moment she had laid down in her comfortable bed. She snuggled against the red head the whole night, having comforting dreams of Sirius actually saying yes to the date. But in the back of her mind, she was still scared and absolutely nervous. She didn't want to lose Sirius just because of her feelings. She woke up a few times throughout the night for a few minutes at a time, but other than that the dark haired girl stayed asleep most of the night. When she felt Lily moving however early in the morning she would roll over slowly to look at her best friend and smiled softly.

"Thank you for being my friend Lily. I don't know what I would do with you." She said softly kissing the red heads forehead before her eyes looked at the window once again seeing the snow and her eyes widened in excitement. "Would you like to go wake up the boys? Perhaps we could play a christmas prank on them." She said with a bright grin and bounced a little in the bed. Her whole attitude seemed to change, but today she was confident that she would ask Sirius out on a date. Even though that fact didn't take away the nervousness.

James hadn't been surprised by Sirius confession and he did his best to reassure his friend that falling in love wasn't a horrible thing. He knew that the dark haired boy was used to quick relationships, but he had a feeling that whatever was developing between Walters and Sirius would be m,ore than just a short relationship. He was very much cuddled in his own bed at the moment, underneath most of his covers as he dreamt about the red head. He was glad that he and Sirius shared a room wanting to make sure his friend was okay after whatever had happened with Riley. Even though Sirius was a prankster, he had seen how much Riley's reaction had confused and possibly hurt him as well. He sighed in his sleep as he held Lily in his dreams. He was on cloud nine, so glad that finally the red head was opening up to him.

Kaileikehi

Lily yawned and slipped off the bed sleepily, but there was a michevious grin on her face. She kissed Riley's cheek back and grabbed her bag. She opened it right on up and dug into it, pulling out a few cans of silly string, plastic wrap, honey, teeth floss, and a big jar of vaseline. She waggled her eyebrows and got her notebook, writing down her evil little plot to Riley. Oh she knew at some point they'd have to do this on their vacation. She was prepared.

1. Plastic wrap over their toilet seat.
2. Honey on the floor around their beds.
3. Not sure what to do with the floss yet, but I'm sure we'll think of something.
4. Vaseline on the inside of the doorknob.

Wake em, spray em, slam door behind us?

Sirius was off in his own dreamland, but it wasn't so sweet. He was chasing Riley through a garden but he couldn't catch her like he normally would. She kept slipping from his grasp. he would whimper and moan in his sleep, trying to get her, trying so very hard to wrap his arms around that beloved girl, but to no avail.