Werewolves: New Blood [OOC thread]

Started by Valerian, April 05, 2010, 09:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Well, players do need to be approved, since private messages are a necessity for this game.  But if you see someone you've been chatting with has just been approved, by all means mention the game.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Okay, one way or the other, I will start this game by next Monday -- if necessary, I'll ask some of the established players to join in.  But I hate making all of you wait, and I hope you're all still interested in giving it a try.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

ScorpioQueen

I'm your queen, you will obey me! Now tie me up and spank me!

The Unholy Potato

I second the Queen's response. I'll be happy just to have this start, once and for all!

Valerian

All right, anyone who hasn't posted recently, please do so now if you're still interested.  I'm asking for players from my other Mafia-style game, which just ended, so we should be able to get underway soon.  Yay!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

Valerian

Okay, tentative list of those I'm pretty sure are still around to play:

Albedo
Lucius Cornelius
ScorpioQueen
The Unholy Potato
Watari

And I have bunches of people from the other Mafia game ready to join in to fill out the ranks.  Don't worry, they'll be gentle with you.  ;)  I'll just wait a bit longer to see if any other original players want to (re)join in, and we can hopefully be underway very soon.  ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Wait who said I had to be gentle?  >:)

Valerian

Well, gentle enough not to frighten people away.  :)

Everyone should have a PM with their role.  To recap for anyone who has not played this game before, I'll quote my sample of play from the first post of this thread:

Quote from: Valerian on April 05, 2010, 09:10:18 AM
Since some of you may not be familiar with the game, or at least haven't played it online, I've worked up a sample round or two.  You can also browse through any of the games here in the Vault -- currently active games are stickied at the top of the page, while completed games are below.

Day 1: Players arrive in the little village of Smith's Crossing and settle in.  Roles are assigned, with only the werewolves knowing each others' identities.

Night 1: An NPC is killed by the werewolves.  (This is a trick I use online to give everyone the chance for a little more roleplaying.)

Day 2: Discovering the death, the players vote to lynch one of their number.  Everyone must vote (though allowance will be made for absences and emergencies), and no one can vote for themselves.  Votes are tallied like so:

SuzyQ (6): RPGuy, DragonSlayer, RoseRed23, Arturo, Captain Midnight, Arwen
Dragon Slayer (2): SuzyQ, Little Kitty
RoseRed (1): Miss X

Yet to vote: Jameson113

SuzyQ is in serious trouble, but she has until all the votes are in to try to persuade people to change their minds.  Votes can be changed until they are all in and tallied.  Private messages are encouraged!  SuzyQ may want to speak privately to all those who have voted against her in an attempt to convince them to vote for someone else.  Just remember to CC me into all PM conversations.  :)  You can also post in the public game thread, of course, to argue for one candidate over another.

In this case, SuzyQ can't get anyone to change votes, Jameson113 votes for her as well, and she is lynched.  At that point, her role will be revealed, and everyone will learn if she was a villager, a werewolf, or perhaps had one of the special roles such as the seer.  But poor SuzyQ was an innocent villager.

Night 2: The werewolves discuss their choice of victim via PM and let me know who they're targeting to kill that night.  The seer, who can spy out the role of one other player each night, also sends me their choice of player.  The seer will be informed whether their target is an innocent or a wolf, or perhaps the guardian.  The guardian also privately chooses a player to guard and sends me that name.  The guardian can guard his or her self.  Lynching is another matter, though -- the guardian can't save anyone from the lynch.

In this case, the werewolves target Captain Midnight.  If the guardian chose to protect Captain Midnight, then the wolf attack would fail and the next morning the villagers would learn that everyone had survived the night.  If the seer chose to spy on Captain Midnight to learn the Captain's role, they would still learn it, though unless the guardian protected him, that knowledge would come too late.  Once a player dies, either by lynch or by werewolf, that player's role becomes public knowledge.

The guardian can be killed by wolves just like any other player, unless the guardian has chosen to protect him/herself that night.

At the start of the third day, the villagers are told who died during the night (if anyone) and that person's role, and the next round of lynch voting begins.

Any questions and general chatter can go in this thread, though be sure not to give too much away!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Hello, everyone.  This looks to be an exciting game. 

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

Hello everyone cant wait to get started
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

The Unholy Potato

Hooray! A game up and running again! Thank you to all of the veterans who signed up to help us newbies get a good game of Mafia in.

-The Unholy Potato

Remiel

Not a problem, Potato.  A lot of us are Mafia game addicts; we simply can't get enough.  Especially when Valerian is running the game. =P

Beguile's Mistress

Hi, Potato.  *waves*  Let's see how it goes.  I don't seem last too long in these games.  :D

The Unholy Potato

Really, Beguile? Well, here's to a little more luck this time through, assuming that you aren't an evil, scheming werewolf! *Paranoid stare*

Beguile's Mistress

We shall see what we shall see.  *grins*  That's me trying to be mysterious!  :D

Esoteric Myobi

This is what I get for posting so late! >.>;

-pulled up a magical orchard out of thin air-

I hope it wasn't too unbelievable...I just noticed that there wasn't any fruit around...is there? O.O

If there is I obviously missed it =x

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

ScorpioQueen

*Nods in agreement* I'm very eager to get things started. :) This shall be fun. Mafia is pretty addicting.
I'm your queen, you will obey me! Now tie me up and spank me!

Beguile's Mistress

I have a garden of medicinal plants and herb as well as many flowers for perfumes, teas and some edible decoration.  There are also vegetables that I tend and I gather many more ingredients from the roadside and the forests.

I do like fruit, though, so I may visit your orchard and maybe purchase one of your pies. :D

Esoteric Myobi

Yay customers! =D

-lays out fresh fruity pastries and a few jars of jam next to the recently picked fruit-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Valerian

It looks like you're all having such fun roleplaying, I almost hate to move the game along.  Heh.  Would everyone like another few hours just to settle in?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

haha that means someone is about to die!

Esoteric Myobi

Nuu, I haven't even managed to sell one apple pie yet Dx

I'm fine with either a few more hours or continuing =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Beguile's Mistress

Any way you think the game should go is okay with me.