The Genesis Institute - Open to All!

Started by Sophidian, August 15, 2010, 08:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaqueline

The boy swallowed and took the other tomato, holding it up in the palm of his hand, "Don't be silly," He told her, "I have limbs don't I? Besides, pets aren't allowed here." He smashed his fist into the tomato, making it explode. Zuka was ready for this and had made a sort of force field around it, so the juice didn't splatter all over everyone.
"Be careful not to make a mess, Zircon." She told him. He laughed and dropped what was left of the food onto her tray, "How was your session today, Pyrite?"
Every story has a happy ending.
But it is not always the hero who is happy in the end.

Sophidian

"Hey!" Despite the reprimand, she laughed. "Don't do that, Zirc. You could get that in someone's eyes and bl--" Opal shut her mouth, sparing Pyrite a glance. "Sorry."

Ignoring the other two, he turned his head to Zuka. It was the only way to prove that he actually was paying attention. "Fine. There's not much I can do when I can't see. I can feel the tiny box they give me but if I can't figure out the wiring, what good am I?" He shook his head. "Yours?"
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

"Nothing special." She said, feeling another pang of sorrow for her friend. Well, at least she considered Pyrite a friend. Even with all her disabilities and problems she would take all of those and more to retain her sight. Being blind would be such a nightmare, she wonders how he can even handle it.

Ryan wriggled his sauce covered fingers in front of him and slapped his hand onto Opal's face, dragging it down, wiping the liquid and pieces of tomato on her.

((Charming little boy, isn't he?))

Sophidian

Pyrite nodded once to her. "You know, I almost remember how the locks on the cells look. If they haven't changed them, maybe I'll spend the afternoon flicking them open and shut to freak the guards out." He took another sip of his tea. "Very least I can do to harrass them."

"Ugh! Zirc!" Opal grabbed a napkin and began to wipe at her face, trying to go "easy" despite her heavy hands. "Why would you do that? Wait. Don't answer that." She shook her head and smirked to Pyrite. "I like the way you think, Fool."

"Don't call me that."

((A darling...))

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

"Zircon." Norizuka said quietly to get the boy's attention. He turn around, licking his fingers off. He gave an affirmative 'hmm?' that he was listening, "Would you mind fetching me some water?" She asked him. He nodded vigorously and jumped out of his seat, doing flips off his hands and feet onto the table behind them. Standing atop the table he ran down it to the water cooler. She watched him go, slip on someones tray and slid across the table and land hard on the ground.

Sophidian

Opal winced, putting her hand up in front of her eyes. "That kid is going to break something." She walked over to him, hands on her hips as she gazed down, bent at the waist. "What are you doing, Zirc?"

"And she calls me fool." He shook his head and tried to take another sip, but realized it was empty. Raising a brow, which causes the blindfold to go up, he put the cup down. "I think I have exercise tonight."

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

"You're not sure?" She asked. Zuka was sure the repetition would make anyone remember when they have appointments when they could keep track of what day of the week it is.

The child grabbed Opal's legs and pulled himself through them, sliding on his back. He brough in his knees to his chest and rolled backwards, his feet connecting with the ground and then he sprung up behind her, giving her a tight hug, "Command, this is Agent Bostic! We got it! Returning to base!" He said into his invisible head set. He began trudging Opal away, but due not only being bigger than him, the added weight of her heavy bones and body made her immovable. His feet just slid across the floor trying to take her in a direction, but going absolutely nowhere. This didn't stop him from trying of course. It was like he was on a treadmill.

Hunter Phoenix

Hunters mind was a little dulled, they had drugged him up on that stupid muscle relaxant so that he couldn't break out of his chains once again, he was always strapped up, The Institute had given him this strength and now they block it for their own safety. He could still talk and shout though.

"Hey Opal, Zirc, someone, come get me outta these chains please? Can anyone pick locks at all, I know one of you can, I wanna be able to walk around here"

He had been chained up for almost a month or so now, he was annoyed with The Institute, he was annoyed with the chains and he was especially annoyed that he had no one to talk too.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

"Relax, Zirc, relax." She laughed, not even feeling his grip as she walked in the direction he tried to take her. "Where are you taking me now?" Unable to dodge people fast enough, a lot of those that crossed her path ended up on the ground. "No where dangerous, I hope."

Hearing Hunter, she paused. "You know we can't, Hunter. I can't pick locks, and Zirc here..."

Pyrite gave her a shrug. "They're unsure if I need more exercise. I'm dangerously thin, according to them. And if I exercise more, I may become dangerously thinner." He reached out for Opal's cup, finding it on the second try. "After all, they don't want to have to treat me like you."

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

Norizuka always found it odd they kept Hunter locked and chained in the cafeteria. Probably to set an example for behavior, "I could, but they'll just put you back in. If you want out you should just behave. It's not so bad doing what they tell you to." She said, wanting him to take her advice. It's not so hard to be obedient, is it? A lot less troublesome for everyone.
"What is that supposed to mean? Treat me like what?" She questioned, knowing full well what he meant and joking about it.

"Silence Criminal! You have violated the law! You will now pay your fine, or serve your time." He continued tugging her toward the water cooler.

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter sighed and nodded to himself in agreement

"This is true, looks like I will have to behave myself then, for the time being"

He stayed silent and unmoving, talking to himself in his head like he normally did, he also wanted a smoke, like he had every day since he had come here, but he couldn't have one, so it was the best way to give up really; being chained up.

Sophidian

Pyrite rolled his shoulders, his gesture akin to rolling his eyes, and smirked. "You know. Like I'll break if someone touches me." He held a hand an inch away from her, smiling. "If I come too close, I could break you."

Opal began to walk again, shaking her head. "You're never going to move me, kid. We've been through this. What do you want? Water?" She glanced back at Hunter for a moment, feeling that she'd be in the same position just a few months down the road...

"You'll be out soon," she said to him.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter shrugged

"It isn't likely, not after the last time if you remember, when i broke that doctors back because he forgot to give me the muscle relaxant, that was pretty funny, he won't walk again and I probably won't walk around this place for a good few months, you need to be careful Opal otherwise you're going to be the same, you're getting a little reckless"

Jaqueline

Zircon climbed up onto her back, his legs on her hips and arms around her neck, "Come Silent Walrus, let us storm the castle! Hee-ya!" He gave her a little poke in the head to symbolize a stirrup jolting a horse.

Norizuka smiled back, "You would not. I am more durable than I look." This was a straight up lie, but she didn't care.
((See you all later! Work to do.))

Sophidian

"I'm not rec--" Opal giggled at Zircon's poke and frowned up to him. "Stop that. I'm not a Walrus." Gazing back down at Hunter, she shook her head. "I'll be fine. You watch yourself." With a nod, she finished their trek to the water cooler. "There you go, crazy. Hop down."

Pyrite brought his hand closer, fingers wiggling. "Then let's test this, huh?" Closer and closer, he stopped an inch away.

-- Anton Chekhov

skyline339

Far off, in the small court yard outside, in one of the dark corners. Jaiden sat, reading another book. He disliked all the noise in his room, the low vibrations, but it wasn't like he wanted to be here. It's been a long time since the last surgery and his hair had grown back, but rubbing the back of his head he always felt the scars. Turning the page of his book, he hears noises. "Children." He sighed to himself.

He enjoyed staring off into the distance, losing himself within his mind. Because of the stupid collar he had to wear around his neck, the portable wave length disruptor, he couldn't really use his powers unless it's pretty basic stuff. But then again, the collar does keep him from losing his mind. High up in a tree, his thoughts were broken by the sound of a chirping bird. "Oh to be free again... Just like you."

Jaqueline

With his palm close enough, Zuka pressed her forehead against it softly. It really would take much to crush her skull, just with one hand even, but she trusted Pyrite.

He jumped down and gave Opal a respectful bow. He took one of the paper cups and filled it with water, splashing the stream as it came down by flicking it. Soon the cup was full and he picked it up. Zircon gave the Water cooler a bow as well, and then slammed his head with full force into the large glass bottle. It shattered against his skull, water and glass flying in a small radius. Bits of glass were stuck into his face and he laughed, running down the aisles. A couple of security guards ran after him. The boy giggled and cackled like a maniac as they chased him, he quickly stopped to set the water in front of Norizuka before continuing his chase. They apprehended him and took him away as he babbled something or other about kittens with spikes.

Norizuka picked up the drink and took a sip, her forehead still in Pyrite's hand. Zircon did this sort of thing often, it got him dragged back to his room where they would put him in a straight jacket and lock him up, usually having to restrain him to feed him. The cuts would heal within a day most likely.  broken limbs took him about a week, maybe more.

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter watched the scene unfold in front of him

"That kid sure is one crazy S.O.B"

The muscle relaxant was wearing off a little, he could move his fingers now, but still couldn't move his hands or arms, another hour or so and the good doctors would be round to top him up and then he would be left alone again for another 6 hours before they came around to do the same thing again.

Sophidian

With his hand against her forehead, Pyrite sighed. "The boy is going to get himself hurt one of these days. I don't need sight to know that." He'd know it was Zircon breaking the water cooler just from years of knowing the kid. "Where's that guy? The older one with the books?"

Opal watched Zirc go, staring at the water that has flooded through her shoes. With a loud groan, she started toward the outside, hoping the sun would dry her off. Of course, outside was nothing more than a cell's worth of boxed in sunlight with a few trees. She found a spot in the light and stood there, trying to lift her legs up to dry them.

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

"He is durable. That is what they are designing him to be," Norizuka told him, now resting and leaning herself on Pyrite's hand, "Ghost is outside." She informed him, closing her eyes and sighing.

Sophidian

"Ah. Right. Ghost. That kid." He shrugged and kept his hand still as possible. "You know, if they see me doing this, they're going to think that I'm trying to kill you. And then I'll be thrown in the darkness. Not that it bothers me." He gave another shrug.

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

"But it is oddly relaxing, so I don't care." Again, a lie. She cared very much about all her friends and wouldn't want Pyrite imprisoned. Still, it did feel nice being suspended by his hand, she was starting to feel drowsy, her mind slowing and wanting to sleep.

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter was experimenting with his hands, he could now move them once again, and still the doctors hadn't come to top him up with relaxant, maybe they wouldn't come, maybe he could break out of his chains soon and be able to walk around again.

"So what's this darkness like then? Sounds like solitary confinement to me, sounds rather boring, anyone got a smoke at all?"

Sophidian

Pyrite tilted his head toward Hunter, keeping a steady grip on Zuka. "I don't know what it's like. I can't see it very well, what with being blind and all." Scowling, he turned back to Zuka. "And of course I don't have a smoke. They don't even let us have candy in this place."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter nodded in thought

"Yeah I guess your right, shame really, I used to like skittles personally, taste the rainbow and all that, I once nearly choked on one, made everyone laugh"

He then realised that he could move his arms, so bringing them down, he broke the chains holding him and his stood up and stretched, then fell to the floor when his legs gave way.

"Damn, I haven't been allowed to walk in so long that my legs have gone to pot"