News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 12, 2013, 06:42:33 PM
Maybe they'll make it 50%.....  I laughed writing that.

Why would you laugh at it? It was confirmed to be half off for the first few days weeks ago.

apygoos

not quite half, but ~ 40%

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Changingsaint on July 17, 2013, 06:44:40 AM
Why would you laugh at it? It was confirmed to be half off for the first few days weeks ago.

And yet it isn't 50% off.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

apygoos

it apparently was teh death and recall animations added, which they initally said wouldnt be till 3.10

Ryven

What do you guys think of Lucian?  I've only played him once, but I like him so far.

apygoos

i found it funny that they released riot blitz the same day as him
but ever since that patch, I've been getting non stop bugsplats so, i honestly cant tell ya.

Ryven

Quote from: apygoos on August 24, 2013, 11:50:53 AM
i found it funny that they released riot blitz the same day as him
but ever since that patch, I've been getting non stop bugsplats so, i honestly cant tell ya.

That's weird.  I haven't had any problems.

Chris Brady

They changed Yi's animations!  I's a sad Dragon.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Played Lucian a few times as well, he is decent but in the world of ADC I'll stick with Cait or MF.  I'm more interested in getting arcade hecarim.

Gavlois

If I ever play with the arcade hecarim skin, I'll loop Erasure's song in the background the entire game.
O/O

SinXAzgard21

apygoos

i just murdered with him. hecarim mid at that. new triforce is OP as fuck for him.
also on that note i manged to fix my league, forum fixes are fantastic.

Gavlois

First game after Lucian's release, I had to play against him... in mid. He was less than ideal against AP Sion.
O/O

Shjade

That's probably more a result of Lucian being new than anything to do with his matchup against Sion.

As a general rule, if you go up against someone playing a champ that's only been available for a day or two, you're likely to steamroll them while they figure out What Dis Button Do.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Gavlois

Well it sucks when there's a Lucian vs Lucian, and the one on the other team has already figured out the buttons.
O/O

Shjade

Yes, yes it does.

Just checked out the spotlight for him. As AD carries in LoL go, he looks fairly hard to play effectively. Short-range escape with some fairly high-risk low-availability reset mechanics, awkward-to-aim ultimate, zero CC of any kind (not even a slow - that's pretty dang rare on LoL champs), no really impactful passive or steroid abilities to quickly turn an engagement in his favor... if you screw up your positioning with Lucian you're probably several kinds of fucked. Even slow-ass Ashe has panic arrow to bail her out of some mistakes.

Think I'll be passing on this guy. I'm sure he can be lethal, but I like champs with a little more margin for error.
◕/◕'s

Gavlois

I'm fairly certain that with his kit, he would have fared much better as an AP champ instead of AD, since it really doesn't match the meta right now.
O/O

apygoos

they were tring to make a second ezrealish marksman
i reember seeing a riot post somewhere a while ago that said the next champion is going to be fairly low risk., im hoping that the next champ is a badass jungler but thats just me/

Shjade

Except Ezreal has one of the best escape/positioning tools in the game, where Lucian's is markedly inferior. If that was their goal they're pretty much saying, "Look, we made a worse version of Ezreal! No, we're not sure why anyone would buy him either."
◕/◕'s

Gavlois

I hate playing with Ezreals on my team. Why? Not because he's all that bad of a champ (though he really is terrible), but everyone goes the stupid blue build. What ends up happening is he falls off after the 30 minute mark, and we lose teamfights (unless he's crazy fed).
O/O

apygoos

The Unholy Potato

I, too, saw the latest Sky video. Number one League comedian, in my opinion.

But a commentary about Lucien, since he's the new kid on the block. Having tried him a few times, I agree with the opinion that I've heard bandied about by the AD streamers who tried him out stated: his passive and laning is extremely strong. His fast-delivery sustained damage (an ugly term, to be sure, but it's slightly different from "burst" in the traditional sense) with a three-ability, three-passive chain beats basically everyone else in the game. The problem is that he gains extremely little at level six, meaning that people like Graves, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, or Quinn pull ahead of him in kill potential if he hasn't abused the double-shot nonsense beforehand.

Also, I disagree that his dash is strictly worse than Ezreal's teleport. The fact that it cleanses slows can be immensely powerful, even if it's somewhat situational in doing so. Being mana free at max rank also makes it situationally superior, as it prevents death-by-oom scenarios. Its chase potential is also superior, due to the lower base cooldown. (Though, again, this is situational. Blue build Ezreals can afford much quicker Arcane Shifts, due to their high CDR. They, as noted, will lose a large amount of teamfight damage compared to full AD or even Trinity Ezreals.)

His kit has extremely high synergy in general (slightly lower mobility than an optimally played Ezreal, but probably slightly higher damage due in part to his superior base stats), but the ultimate really breaks his top-tier or competitive usefulness until someone good thoroughly figures him out. We have, after all, found LCS-level play of Karma, who was decried as both bland and useless by the majority of the playerbase, post-rework. It does allow for decent disengage, however. The ideal-scenario damage for it is ridiculously high. Chasing a Lucien directly while he channels is a good way to die.

Shjade

*gets 17 seconds into the video*

"...a lot of marksmans out there..."

*video loses all credibility for flashing all-caps word that should be MARKSMEN*
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Gavlois on August 26, 2013, 01:43:54 AM
I'm fairly certain that with his kit, he would have fared much better as an AP champ instead of AD, since it really doesn't match the meta right now.

It's funny you should mention that because I tried him out using AP items just to see.  I really haven't been able to use his Ult that effectively since I've been playing him, so I went a different route that didn't necessarily depend on it that much and went with lich bane, AP items, and stattik shiv with a hextech blade as well.  His W does a surprising amount of damage with that build, and adding the lich bane damage to that just made it that much better.  I don't think this build would be as deadly as other champions in classic, but given the poke potential it has, I can see using it in ARAM, especially if you already have another AD carry on your team.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on August 26, 2013, 04:28:51 PM
*gets 17 seconds into the video*

"...a lot of marksmans out there..."

*video loses all credibility for flashing all-caps word that should be MARKSMEN*

He does that purposely for this exact reason.