News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Battletech! Enough said!

Started by Latooni Subota, May 21, 2010, 08:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildstar

wow sorry guys I've had a interesting couple weeks. had to move out of my old place to a new one. ( rent cheaper now). I will have a character ready by tomorrow. a couple things I want to know is if it's ok if I can use a SHADOW HAWK? and this is a question if anyone has the game books for either Cranston snord's Irregular and Rolling thunder? these are two game books of Battletech of two units one Mercenary one of the Free Worlds league. I had these books but I lost them somehow and want to get them back. if someone knows where I could download then in a PDF file I would be so happy. :)

Katina Tarask

Log onto AIM, please, Reiji.

Wildstar, choice of mech is a trait you can buy.

ReijiTabibito

@Kat:  Okay.  I'm on.  Name's the same as here.  Of course, you could figure that out easy by just putting your cursor over my AIM icon... >_<

wildstar

oh one thing on that I don't have the book your using to make mechwarriors. how should I go to find out how?

Latooni Subota

Up to six players now? Lance and a half . . well, if you still want to join, then make characters fast! I'm tired of waiting :P

-Innocent Teehee-

Then again, if Allie doesn't mind running more, getting up to EIGHT players would let us actually make dedicated lances, and do high-profile gigs. Things to think over.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

wildstar

oh ok. here is mine then.

Name: Micheal Sharpe
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 160 Lbs

history: it had been a long road to come here. Sharpe never thought he would ever be on the Game World of Solaris but here he was. one thing that drove him to come was he could get a Mech. everything hinged on getting into one of the 20 to 100 ton BattleMechs. his goal, get into the games win then take the winnings and form his own mercenary company. then... well that was if those who wanted him dead didn't find him first. no one know Sharpe here. he wanted to keep it that way.. for now. he would one day make those who killed his parents pay. that payback would be in a mech. 

this is a rough draft but complete for what I had in mind for my character. ( oh and I drew this pic. :) )

ReijiTabibito

Okay, to answer the questions...even though it would seem like that I'm not going to be able to change anything.

Q1: Either C or D.  I want me my Rotary Autocannon, dammit!

Q2: C.  That's what all good Battletech campaigns are made of!

Q3: A/D. 

Q4: B. 

Q5: A.

ReijiTabibito

Allie?  What precisely do we have to do in order to have a specific BattleMech?  It's a medium, and I know which one I want...though if this is the 3050s, I'm not sure if some of the variants will be available...

AllieCat

For the show itself, you're going to be issued a mech (sponsorship, and all that), but when we get done with the show, all you need is the Vehicle trait at an appropriate level, and if it's available around 3055, you're good to go :)

ReijiTabibito

3055...I'm afraid that over the years, my memory of what BattleMechs came out when has kinda degraded.  If there's a list somewhere that I could consult on that, that'd be helpful.

Or even better, I can tell you what 'Mech I'm interested in (the Shadow Hawk), and maybe you can tell me which variants were available when?

Aether

I finally figured out the point buy thing.  So my character is golden via the technical side of it.  I just need to write up the feeling side of him  :P  Okay, so we have a mech in Solaris and we need a mech for outside?  And thats covered with the vehicle perk?  What level do I want for a light, medium, heavy etc?

Latooni Subota

Reiji, you have plenty of time to look things up, since the show will probably take quite a while considering how many people we have. XD

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

AllieCat

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 17, 2010, 07:11:14 AM
3055...I'm afraid that over the years, my memory of what BattleMechs came out when has kinda degraded.  If there's a list somewhere that I could consult on that, that'd be helpful.

Or even better, I can tell you what 'Mech I'm interested in (the Shadow Hawk), and maybe you can tell me which variants were available when?

Looked up the MechList in my Mechy program.. these were the SH from 3025-3055:

SHD-2D
SHD-2D2
SHD-2H
SHD-2K
SHD-5M

ReijiTabibito

Took a look on Sarna.net for help...add to that list the -5S, since according to the Shadow Hawk entry, the -5S is just a -5M with the weapons loadout changed. 

But still, alas, no -5D variant...

AllieCat

Yeah, looks like that one's a decade or so in the future (started to be made in 3055)

ReijiTabibito

Yep.  The 5D variant has the Rotary Autocannon (which is love), which wasn't out until the 60s, I think...

Paladin

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 17, 2010, 08:46:21 PM
Yep.  The 5D variant has the Rotary Autocannon (which is love), which wasn't out until the 60s, I think...

*Shrugs* Guess thats a no then. ;)

Aether

I cant even believe how many times I have rebuilt this character...

I am staring at the random mech tables.  The years are all off for when we are playing.  So, if I go heavy for vehicle (+6 tp) and custom (+2 tp) for my choice of my affiliation, can I safely choose from the mechs in this book, or do I need to find my favorite version in the given year we are playing off of the web from the offerings vis the random tables in time of war?

Latooni Subota

Note: It's a RANDOM SELECTION of mechs for us. There's no point in dealing with the Vehicle set of traits, unless you're gonna save it for a long long time, when the Solaris VII stuff is finished. >>;

As for finding the mechs, I'll help you with that when we get to the part, if you keep the Vehicle trait and custom for now.

Paladin

Quote from: Latooni Subota on June 18, 2010, 02:21:17 PM
Note: It's a RANDOM SELECTION of mechs for us. There's no point in dealing with the Vehicle set of traits, unless you're gonna save it for a long long time, when the Solaris VII stuff is finished. >>;

As for finding the mechs, I'll help you with that when we get to the part, if you keep the Vehicle trait and custom for now.

Umm, I'm not so sure its completely Randome my dear I think we get a little bit of a choice.

Latooni Subota

What I'm saying is that the Vehicle traits are useless for quite some time, and even if we suggest some 'Mechs for the big pool of 'Mechs, it IS ultimately random. :x

Aether

Quote from: Latooni Subota on June 18, 2010, 04:32:36 PM
even if we suggest some 'Mechs for the big pool of 'Mechs, it IS ultimately random. :x

The custom vehicle trait allows a choice amongst the columns, therefore, not random at all.

Aether

Character Name:  Lowan Malakta

Affiliation:  Mercenary born and raised, 5th son of a well to do mother and a belligerent and abusive father whose dream was to make it big and retire on the one "great mission."

Details concerning his person: 

LM is lanky, yet very precise in movement.  He is also not very tall, standing in at 1.71 m tall and weighing 62 kg.  He is not a commanding type, preferring to with hold his input and use it as critique later once a plan is well into its execution.  Quite knowledgeable and book smart, he lacks any real sort of conviction, usually working hard with what he knows and playing equally hard after wards.  He is not unfriendly, yet he is not all that approachable.  Oh, and dont ask him to open something you cant break a seal on, or lift a share of a heavy burden.  There is no dynamo hiding in his almost unhealthy and slight frame.

Limited Biography, or what the world knows: 

LM grew up with 11 other siblings, 8 boys and 3 girls.  Life before he fully came into what little height he had was a live it by the moment and seat of your pants type of day.  He achieved his full height at 8 years of age and weighed nine tenths of actual now.  This gave his parents great hope, in that they knew he would grow to become a titan once he hit puberty.  Well, genetics had a different plan for LM.  It so happened that he was bracketed in birth by stocky and chiseled males of whom his parents eventually prized above all their children.  In fact, LM was labeled as the mistake that needed to have been to produce the sixth child, the fifth boy, that masked the physical prowess of the fourth child.  He became the runt of the litter.  His body, which would have grown as it did any ways, further accentuated his treatment by his family and others and made his deficiencies worst. 

Yet, he excelled in other areas purely as a means of survival.

First and foremost, he fed his mind and read any and everything he could get his hands on.  Mainly, for the mercenary brat, this was tech readouts on various equipment.  He was able to make some of his fellow mech piloting friends sorry for him when he was quite young, and he was able to learn from those he bent his grief upon.  Of those he beguiled, a few were, and not limited to the electrician who taught him the mysteries of the circuit, the judo master who saw LM's dexterous movements and took pity upon him, but most of all, and his ticket from this place, was the mech jocks that surrounded him. 

He knew his technical applications inside and out and offered to many on post mission banter ways that there mech could have performed differently had they leaned this way, or twisted just so.  Impressed, LM soon found his way into a cockpit and learning what it was to become a mech warrior. 

After much refinement of his skills with his friends, he asked his parents to sit in on a simulation run that he had set up.  Truly, he felt, they attended only cause they thought they were to have a supreme laugh.  He surprised them however, greatly.  His perfect knowledge of the anatomy of battlemechs lead to an amazing efficiency in his targeting producing quick and effortless kills.  His parents sat stunned and quickly offered him a chance to work with the mercenary groups based on what they had seen.

Well, if it could only be that simple.

His siblings, who never had to worry about LM as a source of competition, now saw a threat more keenly in him due to his knowledge of the mech.  They, therefore, gathered against him in one unique way or another, but ultimately to the same goal, to set a wedge between him and his parents. 

How he ends up in the Program: 

It took time, but eventually, his parents offered him severance from the family business, along with a monthly stipend to show that they would not abandon one of their own completely.  LM took with him his as of yet unquantified mech (+8 divided some way, as of yet undetermined).

His siblings, jealous of his sudden freedom and wealth, slandered him openly and broadly in every ways possible.  Their work, eleven of them strong, spread quite a distance over the hyper waves, marring his reputation with dark and insidious lies.

With a heavy and vindictive heart, LM set his eyes on Solaris VII as a means to release his angst and use his knowledge to get himself some quick coin and possibly distinguish himself as a truly unique Malakta.

The pain of his transition lead him into the abuse of a painkiller that he used to numb out to the world after hard days, and oh gee, all of the days were hard.  He merely pays for a monthly script of his fave of the moment and nocks one back to get to sleep.

Aether

Attributes:

STR:2,BOD:4,DEX:7,RFL:4,INT:7,WIL:2,CHA:2,EDG:2.

Traits

Animal Antipathy:-1,STR 2 Drug Addict:-2,Reputation:-2.
NA Gunnery:+3,Fast Learner+3,Extra Income:+2,Vehicle and Custom Vehicle:+8

Skills:

Mech Pilot (S):  8
Mech Gunner (S):  7
Aerospace Pilot:  4
Aerospace Gunner:  4

Sensor Ops:  6
Perception:  4

Electrical Tech:  6
Communications/EM:  3

Martial Arts:  5
Stealth:  3

Ground Nav:  4
Driving:  1

English:  3
Small Arms:  2
Swimming:  2

Latooni Subota

No . . you're not understanding me. @.@

She's not using those columns or anything. She is hand-picking a group of medium 'Mechs and is going to randomly assign one to each of us, as part of the contest. @.@;