7th Sea- The Knights of Rose and Cross

Started by Zeth, November 28, 2014, 03:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeth

I want to run a 7th Sea game focused on the Knights of Rose and Cross in Montaigne. All player characters will start as Knights in the order for free (5 point Advantage) and have the usual 100 points to build their characters. It will be run in the Non Consent Human section of the forum.

The plot will involve recovering stolen artifacts from a villain found by the Explorer Society. The main villain is a powerful Montaigne nobleman, a skilled swordsman and master of porte who has hired a number of formidable  henchmen and even subservient villains. Should any of our heroes be defeated, they'll not be slain.  Women will awaken in the villain's bed.  After he enjoys them, he'll leave them in a particularly lecherous contraption too suffer 'til they are rescued or escaped.  Men captured will find themselves at the mercy of the villain's henchwomen.

Anyone interested in playing?

Muse

Awesome!  Count me in.  :) 

Will you alow those who are interested in sorcery too play an ally of the knights? 

(That's not a question on my behalf, by the way.  I'm definitely interested in being a knight--a Montaigne girl and Valroux swordswoman.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

i'm still looking for concept art. 

Poor Knight Cosset, apprentice of Valroux and Desiax, at your service.   

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zkn-bCLjo4AOpXnPzkpeDXcPX8bTD1xK0hDY_9pJ8gI/edit?usp=sharing
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zeth

Quote from: Muse on November 28, 2014, 03:49:21 AM
  Awesome!  Count me in.  :) 

Will you alow those who are interested in sorcery too play an ally of the knights? 

(That's not a question on my behalf, by the way.  I'm definitely interested in being a knight--a Montaigne girl and Valroux swordswoman.)

I will allow Sorcerer characters to have a place in this game.

Zeth

Marie Reynolds

Hmm not quite sure yet. I will need to read up on the rose and cross.  Also would there be a chance of support from the Explorers society allies?  Cause I am torn between running a honorable knight like noble character or a good at heart scoundrel esque character from the explorers society.

Zeth

I'd prefer a Knight, But I am  willing to take an Explorer because of their usefulness at researching stuff. The free Soceity Membership would be for the Explorer's though. You can't belong to  two Secret Societies.

Marie Reynolds

Okay I am reading over the  Rose and Cross book right now before I make up my mind one way or the other.

Zeth

The 3 confirmed players who have submitted characters are Muse, Marie Reynolds, and Mad Panda. Is it weird all my players start with an M? I am still taking players and hope to have the game kick off on Friday the 12 if not sooner.

MadPanda

Bishrook's shade will forgive me, I think, if I dust off poor little Ren and give him a system reboot.  ;D

Reynaldo Eduardo Francisco Piccolomini del Corazon, at your service.  (bows, with flourish)

To quote his original incarnation (with two edits to fall into compliance with Theah):
QuoteSlight and slender build.  Long wavy black hair pulled back into a loose ponytail. Black eyes.  Delicate facial features--almost girlishly pretty.  Swarthy complexion.  Clean shaven. Prefers soft leather breeches and knee-high boots with a rolled top, white linen shirt with a pleated cravat, burgundy waistcoat, burgundy frock coat.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Zeth

The game is up. All interested players have submitted their character sheets. But it is still open for others to join.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=219168.0 IC Thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=219167.0 OOC Thread

HopeFox

This looks like fun! I do have an idea for a Vodacce lady who would make an interesting knight. She would probably be of the fighting and wilderness skills persuasion, with a little bit of courtier thrown in. Would that be a good fit?
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Zeth

Quote from: HopeFox on December 09, 2014, 12:44:09 AM
This looks like fun! I do have an idea for a Vodacce lady who would make an interesting knight. She would probably be of the fighting and wilderness skills persuasion, with a little bit of courtier thrown in. Would that be a good fit?

Yes it would be a good fit. Drop me a character sheet in PM. Yes, you can use Destiny spreads and the R&C membership is free.

MadPanda

Quote from: HopeFox on December 09, 2014, 12:44:09 AM... a Vodacce lady...

Uh, oh.  Ren's the only boy in the gang, isn't he?   :-[  Run, little doomed bishie, run!   :D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

kckolbe

Not extremely experienced in 7th Sea, so I don't know much about the order, but I did have a loose idea for a brawn-based former alchemist.  Still taking chars?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zeth

Quote from: kckolbe on December 09, 2014, 07:50:51 PM
Not extremely experienced in 7th Sea, so I don't know much about the order, but I did have a loose idea for a brawn-based former alchemist.  Still taking chars?

The Rose and Cross are a bunch of Jedi like do gooders trying to stamp out Synreth Influence, mainly sorcery.  I suppose I can ad a final member for a five party team. Does 7th Sea have Alchemy though?

kckolbe

It doesn't need to actually have it, as it will just be fluff.  The idea is a brilliant alchemist, tested one of his own creations that sapped his mind and buffed up his body.  During an accident, his notes were destroyed, leaving him unable to reverse the process.  He ends up seeking work as hired muscle.

He'll have insane brawn, but very little combat training.  He'll still have some academic skills, but probably average wits.  Thoughts?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

kckolbe

First Draft

Brawn 4 Finesse 3 Wits 2 Resolve 2 Panache 2   56 pts

Linguist 2
Alchemist 10 (why so high)
Large 5
Toughness 5
Commission 2
Dietrich Sword 2

26 pts

Languages:
Montaigne 3 (good speaker, lit)
Avalon 2 (good speaker, lit)
High Eisen 2 (good speaker, lit)

7 pts

Athlete 2  Climbing, Footwork, Sprinting, Throwing
Fencing 3  Attack 2, Parry
Soft Martial Arts 2  Balance, Block, Footwork,

Grapple, Yield

Alchemy 2 Research
Scholar 2 History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Research

11 pts

So, why is alchemy so damn expensive?  All it does is allow a trait to be raised to 6, which two other advantages allow.  One of them is five points and the other only 3.  Is there a benefit I'm not aware of, because an extra 7 points would be nice if not.

Intro Thread

Marie Reynolds

Well keeping six dice on a skill roll can be pretty awesome!

kckolbe

That's not what I am asking.  There are 3 advantages that all offer that same thing.

Legendary Trait, 3 HP
Alchemist, 10 HP
Secret, 5 HP (but requires membership in Rose and Cross)

Alchemist is the most expensive by far and seems to offer nothing other than the other two.  Why?

Intro Thread

Marie Reynolds

What book is alchemist in I have not read that one.

kckolbe

Invisible College.  I don't have most of the books, but that's from a spreadsheet-ish doc that lists all the options and brief descriptions.

Intro Thread

HopeFox

Quote from: kckolbe on December 10, 2014, 09:13:23 AM
That's not what I am asking.  There are 3 advantages that all offer that same thing.

Legendary Trait, 3 HP
Alchemist, 10 HP
Secret, 5 HP (but requires membership in Rose and Cross)

Alchemist is the most expensive by far and seems to offer nothing other than the other two.  Why?

Alchemist also allows you to create magic potions out of sorcerers' blood. I'm not sure that that's a thing that Heroes should be doing, though.

(Also, you can take both Legendary Trait and either Alchemist or Secret, as long as they're for different Traits.)
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

kckolbe

That's pretty cool and kind of dark.  I think I'll just go legendary trait.  Any suggestions on what I should do with the extra 7 points?

Intro Thread