The Kitten OOC and Additional Interest Thread

Started by Arion, November 29, 2017, 03:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arion

Hello again, and welcome to the OOC thread for the "The Kitten" group game idea.

Basic rules are as such:
1) All slots for characters are on a first-come, first-serve basis. 
2) If/when you are able to form a full group of characters to take part, you are free to begin your individual story with that group.
3) Before you include any characters from a group other than your own, you must obtain permission first- ie, don't just write someone into your story.  They may not want to participate or be unable to participate at that time.
4) This a roleplay on the lighter side of things, so let's keep it free of extreme or non-con material, with the caveat that, if all parties are willing, you can take it further within your own story.

Basic Set-Up
Each person's character, unless they are playing a "stray" (see below) is part of a small group, of at least one "owner" and one "pet".  The original idea is for the pets to be Kittens, but players are free to change that to suit their personal preferences.  Preferred groups are two owners plus their pet.
Owners and pets do not have to be together at the beginning of the game- feel free to explore how they meet and get together.  For this, scenes set in the Cafe (see below) might be ideal.
All characters exist within the same city.  It should be left up to the writers as a whole to determine which city that is- we can vote if need be.

Locations
Homes- each owner has their own home, and it is up to their player to define it.
The Cafe- a place for both owners and potential owners to meet, enjoy a cup of coffee, and maybe even bring their pets along for some fresh air.  Strays are allowed within the cafe in the hopes that they can be placed with owners.  The owners of the Cafe can be players or NPCs; if players they would likely have their own pets that they bring with them to work.
The Park- a large plot of privately owned land set up much like a public park, with wooded areas, a small lake, grassy fields, benches, and the like, specifically for the use of pets and their owners.  The owner of the land may be a player-controlled character or an NPC.
The Convention Center- this is only a possibility, but a convention center that could host a "pet play fetish" event in the city where all characters could mingle at once.

Characters
Provide a short write-up of the character you are interested in playing, in the following format:
Name
Picture (if any)
Role- Choose one: Owner, pet, stray (pet without an owner), or "other" such as Cafe employee or the like.  please be specific.
Short Backstory/Character History
Description of Home

Character Slots
For the basic roleplay, which was intedned to be a small group of three people, the following "slots" are filled:
Male Owner- Arion (its'a me!)
Female Owner- Anna Katrine
Kitten- Nymphadora

Interested Parties with undefined roles as of yet:
Sethren (male kitten, perhaps a stray)

If you know of anyone who might be interested in joining our merry little band, please tap them on the shoulder and send an invite.  The more, the merrier!
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List

Arion

Name: Jonathan Brisben
Picture:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Role: Owner
Short Backstory/Character History: Jonathan is a successful true-crime writer who lives with his partner,                                            .  For most of his life he's been fascinated with the idea of owning a "pet", which is luckily an idea that his partner shares.  He often works from home, although he does rent a small office over a bookstore for when he feel he needs to get away from the distractions of home.  He was raised a southern baptist, though he has become an atheist over time- something that he has not told the rest of his family.  Were his fetish and lack of faith to come to light, it would have serious repercussion with his relatives.  He is currently working on his fifth book, about a little-known serial killer from the midwest.
Description of Home: (to be discussed with partner)
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

Nymphadora

Name: Natasha Koshenya
Picture:

Role: Pet Kitten
Short Backstory/Character History: Finished with school, Natasha began her search for a way to live her desires more actively. Since childhood, she'd adored dressing up like a cat. Cat ear headbands, sweaters with hoods that had ears, mittens with paw markings. She had practised and practised until she could manage to purr. It was fun and games when she was little but as she grew up and explored online, the fetish truly grew. She wasn't alone, many people dressed up like animals. She had gotten her first plug tail when she was sixteen and now secretly wore it in place under her clothes often. The only thing she resisted getting herself was a collar. Natasha wanted a collar desperately. To be at the end of a leash, to feel it snug and placed there by owners. Her deepest desire was to be someone's pet kitten.

Moving away from her smaller hometown to a bigger city was the key. And soon enough she had met a lovely couple who were looking to share their lives with a pet just like her.
Description of Home: (To be determined by owners)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Anna Katrine

Name: Kimberly Masterson
Picture:

Short Backstory/Character History: Growing up Kimberly had all a child could ask for. Except a pet. All the other kids had one, so why not her? Apparently her mother was allergic so she had to look to the other kids in envy. Not just because they were having fun with their pets, but because she also wanted that special bond between owner and pet. Years later when she started dating she realised how much more pleasent it was to have another human close rather than a dog. From then she toyed with the idea of having a person as a pet. She is now working under a local art curator and is eagerly anticipating her first pet.

Description of Home:(to be discussed with partner)

Astra Cilla

Name: Damian Lockwood
Short Backstory / History: Damian, or Ian as some call him, grew up on a farm outside the city. When his extended family decided to sell the farm, he moved into the city with his parents who opened a small cafe on a rather large piece of land. Over time the cafe became so popular they shut down to expand. However during the expansion Ian's parents decided to retire back to the country. Damian was left the business. Instead of opening just a cafe he decided to open a Kitten Cafe; Luna Cream. Rather modern and chic in style, the Luna Cream featured a small kitchen and plush seating on the first floor, a bar and more intimate spaces on the second, and living quarters with a deck above that. The exterior featured a private front garden and spacious backyard garden. Damian's role as owner of the property does not end with providing a safe place for Kitten's and their owners as well as strays; he hopes to one day have a pet of his own to help him keep the place up.
Damian Lockwood
Cafe Visuals

Exterior facade

Fenced Side Garden

Middle of Garden

Back of Garden

First Floor

Cozy Corner

Second Floor

Third floor living quarters

Sethren

Name: Mikah (Mee-kah) James Daverson

Role: Kitten (stray)

Short Backstory / History: Orphaned at a young age, Mikah grew up having to find new interesting ways to entertain himself since moving around from one foster home to the next left him with little friends. He was an outcast in school, ignoring people in favor of focusing on the arts; painting, drawing, sculpting, photography, etc. He got excellent grades in school so now he is pursuing an art major. He's not sure what he wants to do, but for now he's working through his studies funds at the cafe - indulging his kinks along the way by being a stray kitten. He just got hired to work at Luna Cream, and has a huge crush on the cafe's owner.

Mikah Daverson

Have a treat
Mika Shirtless
                           I am accepting quilt commissions right now to make ends meet.

Nymphadora

I am starting to feel like this isn't going to happen...
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Arion

It's going to happen.  Sorry, having some personal issues getting in the way of things, running like crazy trying to put out fires.  Will start discussing things hopefully by tomorrow.  Please bear with me.

Nymphadora

Glad to hear! :)

Sorry to hear life's been such a pain. Hope things clear up for you soon.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Arion

It may be another day or so before I'm able to give things my full attention again, but let's get things going.  Anna, thoughts on our home?  Any specific ideas?  I was thinking something large but not huge, good part of town with lots of space and a fenced in back yard, like a privacy fence.

Also, what do people think about starting the game at the cafe at an "adopt-a-thon" kind of deal?

Nymphadora

Thanks for keeping us posted. Hope everything is ok. :)

I'd be good either way.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Anna Katrine

I am fine with a big house and a private backyard. Makes it easier to play outside :)

Arion

How does something like this sound?  Would have the large fenced in back yard, pool, and hot tub.

Anna Katrine

Arion

And the back yard:

Arion

Okay, now for the nitty-gritty:  where do we want to start this?  Any other pre-planning that needs to be done before we get the ball rolling?

Nymphadora

Great house and yard choices! I can see a sweet kitten girl lounging in that hammock when not playing with a ball of yarn on the lawn for her owner's delight!

Did you want to start at the adopt-a-thon at the kitty cafe like you'd mentioned before?
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Astra Cilla

Sethren

I am accepting quilt commissions right now to make ends meet.

Arion

Coolness.  Given that this is a gamemasterless game, Astra if you'd like to do the initial write-up for it we can go ahead and start.

Sorry for the delay in posting again, holidays and all...

Astra Cilla

I will get it started. Preference on location within the boards?

Nymphadora

I am sorry to say that as much as I like this idea, I have a lot on my plate and really don't think I can contribute time to it at the moment.

Hope you guys get it off the ground in the end!

Have fun!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Astra Cilla

Nymphadora, sorry to hear you are busy but I understand. I'd have started the post back in December but was waiting on feedback. I'm still in if we can get enough people. Arion do you have a preference on the board since this is your brain child?