Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (A video game movie that doesn't suck?)

Started by Callie Del Noire, January 04, 2010, 02:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Prince of Persia Film Official Movie Trailer HD

Looks promising. If it is half as promising as it looks maybe Uwe Boll will have more competition for video game francises.

Paladin

I've seen the trailer in theaters and I will be seeing it. It looks awsome... still nothing like Avatar. But then again not every movie can be avatar.... yet.

Aries

OUT OF TOWN UNTIL NEXT FRIDAY!

Sabby

I'm seeing the story of Prince of Persia 1, but much of the visual elements of the third game. And with that dagger, I can see fight scenes to be similar to Matrix if someone kept messing with the remotes rewind button.

But this temple thing isn't part of the original story... seems to be there for scenery changes. I didn't see any of the Sand Zombies (thats what I call them at least) no hinting toward the battle with his father (which means they're either hiding it or its not there) and I hope to god that this Demon is NOT the Dehaka. If it is, I will be a very unhappy kitten >.>

My last gripe is the actors. Fara and 'Prince' are just not working for me. After listening to Princes narrative for the whole first game, and his amazing performance in Two Thrones, this Pirates of the Carribean style demeanor isn't sitting well with me.

Despite all this, I am looking forward to it ^^ even if all of those fears come to pass, it'll be a far cry better then most game based movies.

...are they guna make a game based off the movie?

Kunoichi

Well, considering that the head writer for the movie is Jordan Mechner, head writer for the game it's based on and creator of the franchise...

Yeah, I can't wait to see it, either. ;D

Quote from: Sabby on January 04, 2010, 11:34:28 PM...are they guna make a game based off the movie?

Yep. ^^ Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.

...Well, either that or Ubisoft is adding another game to the Sands of Time Trilogy, in which case I'm not going to be a happy lady...

Canuckian

Here's a question: It's called 'Prince of Persia'.  It's in the game's title, it's in the trilogy's title, it's in the movie's title.  Why didn't they hire a Persian actor for the role?

Revolverman

Quote from: Canuckian on January 05, 2010, 03:54:31 AM
Here's a question: It's called 'Prince of Persia'.  It's in the game's title, it's in the trilogy's title, it's in the movie's title.  Why didn't they hire a Persian actor for the role?

The same reason why Chun Li was a white, Canadian girl.

Muninn

Quote from: Canuckian on January 05, 2010, 03:54:31 AM

Sadly this is a question will forever remain.  It's always a struggle to hire actors of different ethnicities to fill important roles.  It's just silly.  And dumb.  :-\

Skye

I've never even played the video game, but this trailer looks awesome!
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Revolverman on January 05, 2010, 03:56:47 AM
The same reason why Chun Li was a white, Canadian girl.

Point of fact.. Kristin Kruek is half Chinese decent 

Sabby

Quote from: Reign on January 05, 2010, 05:41:38 AM
I've never even played the video game, but this trailer looks awesome!

You should give them a try. The POP Trilogy is as close to a perfect video game series as you're likely to get.

Canuckian

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 06, 2010, 11:01:57 AM
Point of fact.. Kristin Kruek is half Chinese decent

Plus gets a free pass due that whole "Canadian" thing... :D

Paladin

Quote from: Sabby on January 06, 2010, 11:13:30 AM
You should give them a try. The POP Trilogy is as close to a perfect video game series as you're likely to get.

I'll arge that any day of the week Sabs. Still we all get our opinions. Mine go's for the Devil May Cry Series

Drake Valentine

Hitman movie looked somewhat promising as well with its preview, but it made me want to cut myself after seeing it. v.v`

Maybe Prince of Persia will do better? Who knows, it looks far more interesting than its games anyways(the movie that is.)

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused}