Between Books and Bad Ideas (M for F) [Occult/Dark/Modern Theme]

Started by TheOscan, August 25, 2016, 12:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOscan

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for someone to write the female character for a plot I thought about for quite some time now, but didn't get the chance to run it properly, yet.
I have always been particularly interested in occult practices and the idea of the abyss staring back into you, got me thinking about following idea:

The story would take two ordinary people and twist them together into the abyss - then we see what happens. Since the setting for this (as I thought of it) is going to be fairly generic, I want to focus on character development, their relationship, moral conflicts and the drifting into madness. I want to see our characters being involved with the darkness, fall from grace, struggle to get out and maybe not make it in the end.

For the setting, I imagined a secluded place, like a university or a college somewhere in the countryside. An elder institution, hiding forbidden knowledge in old tomes and behind ancient walls. People who are familiar with HP Lovecraft and his work, will know what kind of flair I am talking about.
Our characters would be students at the institution. They are not very close and belong to different peer-groups. Maybe they don't really know each other, or they could have a history of dislike.
When a mutual friend disappears under strange circumstances, they end up looking into it together, since some people at the institution seem particularly concerned with keeping low about it. I see our characters getting lost in intrigues, finding themselves in occult rituals, discover secret knowledge and plunge into depravity.

Of course I am open to discuss changes to the setting - I am always open for new ideas!

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM! Tell me what kind of character you thought, about their skills and history.