Starcraft (Story Emphasis) [Closed]

Started by Question Mark, September 17, 2012, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

Quote from: Wargtass on October 02, 2012, 12:31:21 PM
If it's just a pet peeve, go to the veterinarian and have it put down. If you see a real issue with it, enforce it.

In the same way don't post anime-pictures when the mod specifically asked not to. It's not really something that will slip by him.

And with such a succinct and correct capstone, I declare this topic dropped!

On a wholly unrelated note, I'm rather excited to see what you and Countdown are plotting.

Rachubka

After mulling over reasons why there would be two ghosts (one spectre... huh, this sounds bad), I've decided there REALLY isn't one! SO, I'm going to make a civilian and bet I'm the only one. :P *scraps ghost idea*

Question Mark

Quote from: Rachubka on October 02, 2012, 01:48:59 PM
After mulling over reasons why there would be two ghosts (one spectre... huh, this sounds bad), I've decided there REALLY isn't one! SO, I'm going to make a civilian and bet I'm the only one. :P *scraps ghost idea*

I am simultaneously really sad and really excited for you...  Sad that you're initial idea didn't pan out, excited because you're making a civilian!

ShadowFox89

I can't wait for the Protoss characters either. Sonya really wants to see what one looks like when it's been gutted :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Question Mark

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 02, 2012, 04:30:59 PM
I can't wait for the Protoss characters either. Sonya really wants to see what one looks like when it's been gutted :P

Heh heh ya....

*beep boop boop* 911, there's a crazy man in my thread.

Primarch

Name and Rank: Sergeant Marcus King
Callsign: Caesar
Current Faction: Kel-Morian, Dominion, Mercenary
Former Factions: Sons of Korhal

Combat Role: Vehicle Pilot
Skills: Marcus can perform repairs and modifications to his Viking and other common Terran vehicles. He's also shockingly good at chess despite seemingly never paying attention to the game. He puts this down to having natural, perfect situational awareness (which also partly explains his success as a Viking pilot).
Training: Marcus has completed all levels of simulation training for use of both the Thor & Odin, he was preparing to transfer to a Thor before being re-assigned. 

Appearance:
Combat Suit/Uniform:
Uniform/Non-Combat Clothing:
Scars: None
Tattoos: None
Noticeable Marks: Just his dashing smile

Weaponry: In the event his Viking his compromised, Marcus has a Great War Pattern C-14 Rifle, one of the few designs that does not require a suit of CMC armour to use. Its stashed away behind his pilot seat for emergency use.
Vehicle: Advanced Viking
Marcus King is one of the finest Viking pilots there is, top 5 there is without question. So talented was he that he was involved in live field testing of a next generation Viking prototype. This Viking features expected "standard" upgrades, Phobos-Class Weapons System (and Ripwave missiles), Ultra Capacitors, Vanadium Plating & Regenerative Bio-Steel. The prototype is made special by several currently unique upgrades, this model is capable of greater speed and agility then other Vikings when in "Fighter mode," making it more effective as an air superiority fighter. The prototype is 15% larger, to accommodate the added systems and engines. It has also been equipped with a pair of heavy flamethrowers, one connected to the bottom of each gatling gun. These were implemented to allow the Viking to take on a new use in battle, neutralizing any cover but also serves to cause extreme punishment to anything that attempts to attack the Viking in close combat. Updated computers increase reliability of the computer targeting and improve response times.

Marcus has also applied several decals, including a pin-up on each arm and "The Walking Apocalypse" across its upper back.   
Viking

Equipment: Marcus wears a standard Viking pilot suit and helm/vizor.

Birthplace: Korhal
Major Battles: Most major engagements of the Sons od Korhal & most offenses against the Zerg & Protess as a member of the Dominion.
Biography:
Marcus King never really expected to be a soldier, he had always been rather passive about things so long as they didn't affect him directly. Then the Confederacy obliterated Korhal. Well that was just about all Marcus could handle, it being his home world an all. When Mengsk was calling people to stand up and fight, Marcus got all caught up in making somebody pay. Not long later he was wearing armour, holding a gun and shooting the bad guys. Eventually, they won. The Sons of Korhal beat the bad guys and became the Terran Dominion. It sounded really fancy, and he liked it. Ole'Marcus King was even made Sergeant Marcus King for his efforts.

When the Dominion had a bit of piece and quite, he took an interest in what new bits and pieces the Dominion were developing, especially the A2 Armored Mechanical Hybrid, also known as the 'Viking.' Marcus started simulations to prepare individuals for when the original prototypes were developed and was later a test pilot, which eventually became a pilot. As such Marcus has been flying Viking's since they existed. Nobody can say they have more experience then him.

When Vikings were finally deployed to combat the Zerg and Raynor's Raiders and everything else the galaxy would throw at them, there was Marcus blasting them to pieces, providing covering fire as the Marines pressed forward or taking to the skies to clear out enemy bombers...and bomber like organisms.

When they started developing a new form of Viking, Sergeant Marcus was called in to take part in testing it. Sure enough it was a beautiful piece of machinery. Before it got its first llive action testing however, Marcus was caught by General Warfield performing an impersonation of him for the benefit of some other pilots that implied the General had all manner of relations with Zerg and Goats. The next day (surely entirely unrelated) he was informed he was being sent out to the backend of nowhere to test the prototype in a place where he would have the room to do so with little risk of it taking any damage. He's been on Rex since. 

Other Notes: Marcus has a "Girls of Dominion Military" nude calendar hanging up in his cockpit. Its two years out of date but has by far the best content in his opinion.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Primarch on October 02, 2012, 05:16:44 PM

Other Notes: Marcus has a "Girls of Dominion Military" nude calendar hanging up in his cockpit. Its two years out of date but has by far the best content in his opinion.

Sonya, to her knowledge, does not feature in the calender. To her knowledge at least. With mind wipes and everything, it's hard to tell.

Quote from: Question Mark on October 02, 2012, 05:10:40 PM
Heh heh ya....

*beep boop boop* 911, there's a crazy man in my thread.

I like playing characters with a touch of crazy in them. It takes me a few posts to "lock in" how they act though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

I imagine there's only 12 girls in it, but I'd imagine far more women in the Dominion military. Chances of her being in it are pretty slim. :P

ShadowFox89

We're PCs. The universe is supposed to collaborate to cause awkward meetings :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Question Mark

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 02, 2012, 06:07:42 PM
We're PCs. The universe is supposed to collaborate to cause awkward meetings :P

That's a good point.  Fortunately I've already taken care of it.

Speaking of which, I'm starting the intro post now!

Aiden

I have a feeling that Clint met Marcus at one point in their military career, to the point of not liking the guy.

He being a rebel (his enemy) up until the destruction of Tarsonis, but does not dislike him enough to ever have a hige issue with them.

Clint is gonna speak with that diminishing (in the dominion) Southern drawl, with enough gravel from the gasses that seep into his suit.

Considering Marcus works on his own aircraft, he would see Clint around in the work bays.

ShadowFox89

Sounds like the colony's vehicle bay is where we'd be most likely to meet up :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Aiden

Err yea that, Spanner will not be happy with the provided tools.

Lucky he has his own basic tool kit he carried over in his trunk.

Countdown0

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 02, 2012, 04:30:59 PM

lol, she's going to need more than luck to see that in this RP.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Rachubka

Okay okay okay. I'll send QM a character before the night's over... I think... I have three and a half hours. :P

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Question Mark

IC Thread is up!

Countdown, I didn't include the protoss because I know you and War are planning something.  Once he gets his character up and you fill me in, I'll throw you guys your own personal intro post.

ShadowFox89

So I guess everyone is in their civvie's? Would everyone's gear be stowed?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Question Mark

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 02, 2012, 10:10:45 PM
So I guess everyone is in their civvie's? Would everyone's gear be stowed?

Ya.  No need to be suited up on a taxi.  All of the gear is also in the Shittle, although secured and buried amongst the boxes.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wargtass

If someone in that shuttle doesn't say "This will make you a god damn sexual tyrannosaur!" while handing over some tobacco of questionable use and origin, I'll quit!  ;D

Almost done, have to go to work though! Damned brats can't teach themselves about the Hellenic city-states!
O/O

ShadowFox89

I have no idea what the reference is to.

And I love the Hellenic city-states. One of my favorite custom maps on SC was the Greek city-state war :D
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wargtass

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 03, 2012, 12:00:33 AM
I have no idea what the reference is to.

And I love the Hellenic city-states. One of my favorite custom maps on SC was the Greek city-state war :D

Perhaps I should just install Starcraft on the class comp and let them teach themselves...  :P
O/O

ShadowFox89

Probably wouldn't work. I'm a voracious book worm and spent the summer between second and third grade reading the set of encyclopedias we have.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wargtass

Name and Titles: Khem-Khinren
Subspecies: Nerazim (Dark)
Current Faction: Zer'atai
Former Factions: Tribal

Combat Role: Dark Templar

(placeholder for now until I find something better)
Clothing/Armor: Classic Protoss style heavy armor with attached Zerg bone plates and carapace. Sometimes he wraps himself up in cloth of natural coloration for camouflage or protection from the weather.
Scars: His body is virtually covered in a network of acid scars.
Noticeable Marks: Often marks himself with warpaint before a battle.

Weaponry: A strange artifact of Xel'Naga origin, this staff can be activated to extend a warp or psi-blade (apparently acording to the user) to instead make it into a spear. A feat of concentration can likewise extend the blade in a short ranged (about 30 feet) focused beam.
Vehicle: None
Equipment: Khem try to not get overly attached to anything other than his weapon and armor. "Anything else can be found anywhere else".

Birthplace: Shakuras
Major Battles: Fall of Aiur, Shakuras Civil War
Biography: Khem-Khinren very much appreciated the tribal life on Shakuras. Perhaps a bit too much. As Tassadar arrived to ask for help from the Nerazim he stood skeptical. So did many others, who feared that their involvement could usher in an integration of the Nerazim into the Khala. But in the end Zerathul's and Raszagal's words weighed heavier than their doubts. He joined the expedition to Aiur and witnessed its fall.

He fought at that time back to back with another Protoss of the High Templar, Zandarnis, as the Zerg rained down on their homeworld. While they didn't share ideologies, they fought like brothers none the less, like all Protoss gathered. But as they fled to Shakuras the friendship waned, although it didn't erupt into hostility like with many others. The civil war brought about a grim side of Khem, who after having endured one battle too many withdrew from the others and fled into the wastes.

He lived there alone for a long time, wrapped in his own thoughts and guilt. It was here that he found his trusty weapon, an old Xel'Naga artefact which he adopted in place of his scythe. But living for such a long time alone started to eat at his mind. When he started to hear a dark, beckoning voice in the Void, he began to doubt his own sanity and he hurried back towards civilization.

Once returned he found the to lost siblings reunited, Khalai and Nerazim under the Protectorate. To Khem it was a dream fulfilled, where Khalai and Nerazim lived together and respected each other, if only on the surface. But the dark voice would not dissipate and soon he heard from the other Dark Templar that they too heard its call. When the Xel'Naga tempel was discovered on what the Terrans now called Rex and the Hierarchy sent Zandarnis to investigate, the Nerazim were quick to recommend that Khem follow as a pathfinder and guard.

Of course the High Templar thought it only an excuse to send a Nerazim to represent in the mission, but that was only the tip of the iceberg. The Dark Templar were more interested in the strong resonance of the Dark Voice that rang as they found the Temple on Rex.

Other Notes: Unlike many of his brethren in the Zer'Atai, Khem is not too fond of taking risks but instead advice caution in any given situation. That such "caution" would exterminate a whole colony of Terrans to make observing a Xel'Naga Temple without risk doesn't deserve any distinction in his mind...
O/O