Game of Thrones (custom ruled Pathfinder)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 01, 2014, 09:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Septa Evalaine Gaunt - Under Construction

Race: Human
Class: Master
Level: 1
Armor: Leather Armor Armor Class 11/Damage Reduction 1/-
Vitality Points: 10
Wound Points: 14
Alignment: Neutral
Religion: Faith of the Seven

ABILITY SCORES 
Strength 10  (+0)
Dexterity 10  (+0)
Constitution 14  (+2)
Intelligence 14  (+2)
Wisdom 18  (+4)
Charisma 14  (+2)

RACIAL TRAITS
1. Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
2. Skills: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.

MASTER CLASS TRAITS
Primary Focus: Master Professional (Ex)
Knack
1. Loyal Clientèle (physician)

FEATS
[flaw bonus] Prodigy - Craft (alchemy) & Profession (herbalist)
[flaw bonus] Skill Knowledge - Craft
[racial] Prodigy - Healing & Profession (physician)
[1st level] Additional Traits

FLAWS
1. Noncombatant
You are relatively inept at melee combat.
Effect
You take a -2 penalty on all melee attack rolls.
2. Shaky
You are relatively poor at ranged combat.
Effect
You take a -2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls.

TRAITS
1. Devoted Healer
Raised in the company of skilled healers, you were always encouraged to devote your time and energy to the welfare of others.
Benefit(s): Whenever you take 20 on a Heal check to treat deadly wounds, you restore an additional 1d4 hit points to those you aid.
2. Good Natured
You have an unusually sunny spirit, and it takes serious doing to dampen your mood.
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on all saving throws against fear effects.
3. Lesser Noble
You come from an aristocratic family, though your family has long since lost any power or prestige it once had.
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Diplomacy and Knowledge (nobility) checks. In addition, your starting money is increased by 100 gp— your “birthright,” such as it is.
4. Trained Medic
You have studied medicine and chirugery, and recognize on sight the signs of ailments and toxins.
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus to Heal checks to treat diseases or poisons, and Heal is always a class skill for you.

SKILLS  Base 8 + Int 2 + Race 1 + Prefered Class 1 = 12/ Level
Appraise (Int)  1 Rank + 2 Int  (+6)
*class skill* Craft (alchemy) (Int) 1 Rank + 2 Int  + 2  Feat (+8)
Diplomacy (Cha)  1 Rank + 2 Cha +1 Trait  (+7)
Heal (Wis)  1 Rank + 4 Wis + 2 Feat  (+10)
Knowledge (local) (Int)  1 Rank + 2 Int  (+6)
Perception (Wis)  1 Rank + 4 Wis  (+8)
Profession (herbalist) (Wis)  1 Rank + 4 Wis + 2 Feat + 2 Class  (+12)
Profession (physician) (Wis)  1 Rank + 4 Wis + 2 Feat + 2 Class  (+12)
Profession (septa) (Wis)  1 Rank + 4 Wis + 2 Class  (+10)
Ride (horses) (Dex)  1 Rank + 0 Dex  (+4)
Sense Motive (Wis)  1 Rank + 4 Wis  (+8)
Survival (Wis)  1 Rank + 4 Wis  (+8)

SAVING THROWS
Fortitude  (+2)
Reflexes  (+0)
Will  (+6)

Base Attack Bonus BAB +0
Melee BAB  (-2)
Ranged BAB  (-2)

Wealth

Equipment

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited first post with pathfinder char gen rules and also my own brew rules regarding how Heal skill can apply first aid (and cures wound points while using it) and how wound infection works.

As I remind you vitality points = you elude/dodge blow aimed at you. While wound points = a actual physical hit/injury.

VP = based class HD
WP = Your constitution score.

Critical hits do not make extra dmg, but make dmg directly to wound points.

Also armor gives not same AC bonus as before as they give now also DR.

RubySlippers

Making changes.

Are there any well know symbols for a healer in use like a snake and staff in our world, something my character could wear that most human cultures would see as a mark that way, or set of symbols and runes.

Starting money for a Master is?

Zaer Darkwail

All chars start with flat 300 gp unless trait/feat/class features affect it.

Anyways if you plan to be Maester, check following link;

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maesters

In there it mentions chains they wear on their necks signifies their skills and ranks in the order. Silver signifies medicine and healing. However maesters are 'male' only organization.

While this link explains medicine specifically on Westeros;

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Medicine

So, you use master class but your a skilled midwife or hedge wizard or woods witch (not a maester if want to be female). Woods witch is often but not always related to Old Gods religion. In following link is more about faith of the Seven;

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/The_Seven

You may not need be septas to be a healer although I imagine some midwives could had converted later in life to the faith and serve as healers also.

RubySlippers

A Septa works after all Brother Cadfael was a monk and very capable healer. And it seems one of the few ways a woman can gain actual respect and a clerical path would likely offer the unique opportunities to learn medicine and other skills.

I need to find a better pic though that is more clerical.

Sahariel

I am totally down if there's still room. I have read all five of GRRM's novels and the first three novellas. I am also familiar with the Pathfinder rule set.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, basically find a good nun pic and then get someone photoshop it to be brown instead black/white.

Anyways, still room :).

RubySlippers

Found one that should work and the clothes are not classic nun black and white.

TheHangedOne

Hey, Ruby, I've been tossing around ideas for a warrior character. Most likely unattached, probably a bastard.  Part of my ideas I've been thinking on, is that he is either a mercenary of some sort, or otherwise a protector of a specific person. Since your character is not so good with the melee, maybe we could plot something out? Maybe she saved my characters life, and he decided the right thing to do was keep her safe?  Something to that effect.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Zaer Darkwail

TheHangedMan: Your guy could had joined Faith Militant in The Seven, there are two branches for it (check the bottom link of the earlier links). Just idea that a bastard who got rescued by septas then 'finds faith' and becomes guardian for septas who saved him.

RubySlippers

The church is against making bastards not people being bastards so your okay on that count.

And she is likely bound to heal anyone that asked regardless of caste, station or means so its likely she would patch you up if needed and she clearly has the skills.

TheHangedOne

Hmm, good point, Zaer. Poor Fellows looks very promising for my idea. Gonna think on it some more. Problem is, I also have a few other ideas.

Good point, too, Ruby.

I'll likely have made up my mind by tomorrow evening, and will try to have a character sheet up by then.
Check out my poet tree!

Laughing Hyena

Such a heavy debate for me concerning Lannister house or Stark. Both kind of appeal to me. Im playing a Fighter class heavy and I have a good idea about what I want for now.

Faeli

Yeah, I'm still grappling with myself as well.  I mean, this IS game of thrones, so no matter what I'm going to end up as rape-fodder :P

kckolbe

Quote from: Faeli on January 04, 2014, 01:33:56 AM
Yeah, I'm still grappling with myself as well.  I mean, this IS game of thrones, so no matter what I'm going to end up as rape-fodder :P

This made me laugh.  Currently leaning toward Reach, by the way, maybe Stormlands.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Laughing Hyena

I dunno if you intend for that or not but if the EWF was any indication you did. ^_^

Anywho, I'm thinking Lannister or Stark more and more so. Lannister because well, the shiny gold calls to me a lot and hey Tyrion and Jamie cannot be the only persons with a conscience within the lions den.

Regardless this was the image I wanted to use.

Rest in Peace

Sahariel

Do we need to play a Cavalier or Paladin in order to bear the honorific Ser before our name?

Zaer Darkwail

You could always be a whore who is not choosy about her clients :P. Or milk maid who ends up to noble's bed and then works as whore and so on. But note that punishment against rapping is castration or service to the Wall as Night's Watch (but ofc nobles can get away with it but what it appeared, commoners were more than eager to bed nobles anyway for just sheer amount of money they get or some think breed bastards on purpose).

Quote from: Sahariel on January 04, 2014, 07:24:12 AM
Do we need to play a Cavalier or Paladin in order to bear the honorific Ser before our name?

Not necessary, but Ser indicates your a combatant serving a lord (usually noble house) so it means you must be capable to fight enemies. You can be rogue with weapon finesse and be duelist with a rapier. Paladin or cavalier for 'typical' one or be fighter or ranger.

While nobles are called 'My lord' and then royalty 'your highness' and so forth.

But it can be certain that you are called 'Ser' always if your paladin or cavalier (as both classes are dedicated to order some kind, paladin can be part of The Seven faith militia or be religious sort knight) while if you want go mercenary, fighter/ranger is only option.

Just keep in mind while playing paladin your divine bond does not 'summon' warhorse, you just form bond with normal animal. Also spells are prayers and so forth and considered as divine miracles. Also less use for usual smite evil but there are plenty assholes in Westeros which against it works. Detect evil is not 'detect evil' but more as innate sense to see how honorable person is by a glance and so you smite 'dishonorable' people.

kckolbe

Do our characters need to be directly sworn to the main Houses, or should we write them as from banner houses?  Made some good progress on my contest archer (Rogue Sniper), but myth-weavers is down.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

You can be from banner houses (no need to be sworn swords).

DarkSideofThinking

hey I'm currently looking for a new roleplay and I definitely love the Game of Thrones saga. My problem is more in the pathfinder category as I have never played with it. So would you go with the trouble and accept a newb into the play? I guess it can't be that hard to learn what I have to as an experienced roleplayer but there will be probably some questions and a basic explanation what I should be aware of or something like that would be nice :) (if I may join the play)

Zaer Darkwail

You can join in, pathfinder is not hard to learn if your familiar with d20 system (and 3.5 edition DnD). In below is link to SDR site where everything has been posted and explained (just remember check this game house rules).

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

TheHangedOne

Name: Redric Snow
Religion: Faith of the Seven/Poor Fellows
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Level: 1
Defense: +6
Armor: +3/ DR 2/-
Vitality Points: 13
Wound Points: 16

Strength            15   (+2)
Dexterity            12   (+1)
Constitution    16   (+3)
Intelligence    12   (+1)
Wisdom            14   (+2)
Charisma       12   (+1)

Initiative modifier:                   + 1   = + 1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:                           + 5   = 2 [base] + 3 [constitution]
Reflex save:                           + 1   = 0 [base] + 1 [dexterity]
Will save:                                   + 2   = 0 [base] + 2 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld):                   + 3   = 1 [base] + 2 [strength]
Attack (missile):                   + 2   = 1 [base] + 1 [dexterity]
Combat Maneuver Bonus:           + 3   = 1 [base] + 2 [strength]
Combat Maneuver Defense:   + 14   = 10 + 1 [base] + 2 [strength] + 1 [dexterity]

Light load:        66 lb. or less
Medium load:   67-133 lb.
Heavy load:     134-200 lb.
Lift over head: 200 lb.
Lift off ground: 400 lb.
Push or drag:  1000 lb.

Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]

Battle Axe [1d8, crit x3, 6 lb., one-handed, slashing]

Chain mail [medium; + 5 AC; max dex + 2; check penalty -5 40 lb.]

Feats:
    Alertness   +2 on perception and sense motive
    Blind-fight   Re-roll misses due to concealment
    Intimidating Prowess   

Acrobatics  = -4 =  +1 (ability), +0 (ranks), -5 (armor)
Appraise     =  1 =  +1 (ability), +0 (ranks),
Bluff:          =  2 =  +1 (ability), +1 (ranks)
Climb:        = -3 =  +2 (ability), +0 (ranks), -5 (armor)
Diplomacy: =  1 =  +1 (ability), +0 (ranks),
Disguise:    =   1 =  +1 (ability), +0 (ranks),
Escape:      =  -4 = +1 (ability), +0 (ranks), -5 (armor)
Fly:            =  -4 = +1 (ability), +0 (ranks), -5 (armor)
Heal:          =   2 = +2 (ability), +0 (ranks),
Intimidate:  =   7 = +1 (ability), +1 (ranks), +3 (class skill), +2 (intimidating prowess)
Kn (noble): =   2 = +1 (ability), +1 (ranks),
Perception: =   5 = +2 (ability), +1 (ranks), +2 (alertness)
Ride:           = -4 = +1 (ability), +0 (ranks), -5 (armor)
Sense Mot.: =  4 = +2 (ability), +0 (ranks), +2 (alertness)
Stealth:       = -4 = +1 (ability), +0 (ranks), -5 (armor)
Survival:      =  2 = +2 (ability), +0 (ranks),
Swim:         = -3 = +2 (ability), +0 (ranks), -5 (armor)

Human
    This human chose +2 to wisdom (already included)
    Extra feat at first level (already included)
    Four extra skill points at first level (already included)
    One extra skill point at each additional level (already included)
Fighter

Bonus Feats (already included)

Armor training -- penalties for armor decrease by one each at levels 3, 7, 11, and 15

At level 3, moves at normal speed in medium armor. At level 7, moves at normal speed in any armor.

Bravery -- +1 on saves vs fear (level 2), increases by one at level 6, 10, 14, 18

Weapon training 1; at levels 5, 9, 13, and 17, chooose one group of weapons and take +1 on attacks and damage from this group and all groups previously selected. Mark here:
        Level 5:
        Level 9:
        Level 13:
        Level 17:

Armor Mastery (level 19) -- Damage reduction 5/- wearing any armor or using any shield

Weapon Mastery (level 20) -- choose one weapon for which all critical threats confirmed and damage multiplier increased by 1; cannot be disarmed when using it

Other equipment: Backpack, bedroll, flint and steel, mug (iron), rations (1 day, 3x), rope (50' hempen), torch (1x), waterskins (2x)

I think I did everything alright, but I have a nagging feeling that something is amiss.

History: Redric was born into poverty, not in Winterfell, but in a village near it. When he was a child, his mother (only parent) died from illness, and left to fend on his own, he struggled. He eventually joined up with a gang of thugs, who were at least a little impressed at the boy's strength, resiliency, and tenacious nature. As he got older, he got more respect, and a better cut of the loot.

As one might expect, though, sooner or later, justice came down on the brigands. It was brutal, and it was over pretty damn quickly. It was only laziness on the part of those whom hunted them that he managed to get away with his life. He had been shot in three places by quarrels from crossbowmen, and they decided he had zero chance of living when he skulked off into the wilderness. Why bother tiring themselves out, chasing him down?

But he didn't die. With all the stubbornness he could manage, he struggled on; and perhaps it was the work of the Seven. Maybe it was divine agency. Maybe it was the Old Gods, or the New Gods, or something else entirely. But when he was at that point where he couldn't go on much longer, He met a woman.

Septa Evalaine Gaunt.  She tended to him, helped steal him away from death's doorstep, and keep him in the world of the living. While he lay, so certain of his death, he rambled--some times deliriously, and in a nonsensical fashion-- about the horrible things he's done. There may have been crying (although he'll certainly insist he would never cry. Real men don't do that!).

In a way, it was like some sort of death bed confession. Except, he didn't die. She managed to bring him back, and though his body does still occasionally ache here and there, and is marked with scars, he stands as a testament to her steady hands, quick mind, and skill. While he recovered, he started asking the Septa questions. At first, it was just one or two about her, and why she had chosen to be what she is. Then, later on, he showed a bit of curiosity towards the Seven; something he was quite ignorant of.

In fact, he was not very religious at all. In his own words "Old Gods, or New, why should I care to honor 'em? They've done me no favors, and they'll get none from me." But, gradually, his attitude changed.  The Septa was able to make good points. The manner in which they met was really hard for Redric to understand in any other way; perhaps it was those New Gods, showing him that they actually gave a damn. Maybe.

And still, he's sort of at that maybe stage. He's still learning from the Septa more fully about the Gods. He knows plenty about the Warrior, and understandably so, but the other six are... well, he knows a bit. He knows their names! And what they do. Mostly. 

And some times, he needs to be reminded of what he did. What did he do? He decided to make a vow, decided to do what was probably the first honorable thing in his life. He vowed to keep her safe. And, now that a new path seemed to open up to him, he wanted to try to find some way he could right the wrongs he knows full well he committed. For sure, he justifies himself well in saying that it was needed; that was how he survived. But he doesn't just hold onto that reasoning; he doesn't excuse or absolve himself. He admits he's done wrong. Now, he's trying to figure out how to make up for his brief life time of that.
Check out my poet tree!

RubySlippers

No shield? If your not using one I would go for a Great Axe the big two-handed one. Or maybe if the GM is okay with it a Maul a big two handed hammer of pain.

TheHangedOne

Didn't have the money for the shield. Chainmail is expensive. I do plan for him to pick up one down the road, though.
Check out my poet tree!