Colonists of New Terra [Miller's Hollow Variant] (3-6 spots remaining)

Started by Rhapsody, July 21, 2009, 07:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhapsody

A lot of Miller's Hollow variants are cropping up, with historical and fantasy feels.  But why not sci-fi?  In that vein:

Colonists of New Terra

Earth is used up.  Or maybe it's just overcrowded.  Or maybe there's a totalitarian regime or a pointless unending war you wanted to escape.  Perhaps you're the first wave of the new space program -- colonizing other planets.  Whatever it was, after a ten-year voyage, here you are, on a bright and shiny new world, ready to stake your claim and build a new society.

But there's a problem.  The planet is already inhabited by a handful of members of an alien race.  Maybe they're doing the same thing you're doing (exploration, escape, colonization), and maybe not.  And it soon becomes clear that they don't want peaceful relations; they want you off their planet and they're willing to kill to get what they want!

One final thing... it's been so long since you've been in stasis aboard the ship, no one is really certain who is who anymore, as the crew's manifest has been mysteriously lost somewhere along the way... and the aliens have technology that allows them to look just like everyone else...

Colony Leader (1) (elected)
Ability: Tie-breaking vote should the majority rule be too close to otherwise call.

Aliens (Variable, ~1/3 population)
Ability: As a group, votes to kill off one colonist per night.
Goal: This is your planet, dammit, and those pink-skinned miscreants have no right to set up here.  Kill them off before they kill you off.  At least two aliens must survive to count as an alien victory.

Scientist(1)
Ability: Can detect the alien's technology, and can have one (1) player's role revealed to them each night.
Goal: Kill the aliens before they kill you. Survive.

Doctor (1)
Ability: Can choose to save one (1) player from death per game, whether it's at the hands of the aliens, or at the hands of the lynching squad.
Goal: To kill all the aliens and claim the planet as your own.

Colonists
Ability: The power of the vote.
Goal: Kill all the aliens and claim the planet as your own.

Players can lie, deceive, mislead and trick other players as they see fit, but it should stay within the confines of the game.  Despite the futuristic setting, there is no copy functionality outside what has previously been posted in the game thread.  You can repeat information you receive in PMs, but in your own words.

The traditional day/night cycle will remain.  In order to allow everyone a chance to play, an NPC will be killed the first night, not a player. 

When voting for anyone (colony leader or choice of who to lynch), please bold your choice in your post.  Do not vote for yourself.

Only the aliens will begin play knowing the other aliens.  Everyone else has to fend for themselves and figure out the roles in the course of gameplay.

If you have any interest in playing this, please reply to this thread.  If 12 people sign up, I'll begin the game.  In the interest of a quick and fun game, no more than 15 people will be able to play.

Interested Parties
LadySky
Saku
Kipoc
Marguerite
Ryven
Aiden
bradten
Josietta
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

LadySky

I am sooooo on the ship!

*gets into sci-fi jump suit and hops into stasis chamber*
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Saku

MEEEEEEEEE! I want to be a bad guy for once!!!! ; ;
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Kip

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Rhapsody

I require more vespene gas.

Also more players. :)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Kip

I has no vespene gas but I can offers you minerals!

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Ryven

Insight

"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Aiden

*Does his Jim Raynor voice*
"Hi there, my name is Aiden, I'm the marshal round dis parts."
(Wants in!)

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!