News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

WitchCraft (Unisystem, Extreme)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, September 02, 2011, 11:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 10, 2011, 04:52:58 PM
I've read through the Necromancy section, but I didn't really remember much about it, beyond the fact that they aren't out right evil, like a lot of settings portray them as being.

QuoteUnless specified otherwise, assume that a given
Necromantic power only affects the dead.
:-(

PeacethatPowerbrings

Actually there is information on specifically voodoo spirits in the abomination codes. So, I'd suggest going with the invocation spirit mastery, and we can make that work.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 10, 2011, 05:24:10 PM
Actually there is information on specifically voodoo spirits in the abomination codes. So, I'd suggest going with the invocation spirit mastery, and we can make that work.

This actually brings up a question of my own.  With spirit mastery, is it only pertaining to spirits from the deceased, or will his character be able to affect Shadow when he's using his spirit projection ability?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Spirit mastery concerns all the varieties of spirits, so yes, I think someone with spirit mastery could attempt Shadow's spirit projection, but it would be possible to resist.

ShamshielDF

Really the only realm vampies can touch is the Threshold, which they can do innately.  Go and visit the spirits of the recently dead, drag them kicking and screaming back to their body, explore the between world...
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 10, 2011, 05:24:10 PM

I'll see what I can do about acquiring a copy of the abomination codex and take a look. In the meantime, Spirit Mastery it shall be.
My usual sources have failed me, so never mind on the looking at it myself front.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 10, 2011, 05:29:42 PM
Spirit mastery concerns all the varieties of spirits, so yes, I think someone with spirit mastery could attempt Shadow's spirit projection, but it would be possible to resist.

Sweet, should be fun!

Also, I'mma tweak my character a bit, I've been thinking about it over the last few days, but I've only really decided on it today.  I'm gonna switch up my Archer A.K.A Shadow, and make him female.  Nom, to be fair...Shadow's the kind of character that works either way really.

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 10, 2011, 05:37:15 PM
Really the only realm vampies can touch is the Threshold, which they can do innately.  Go and visit the spirits of the recently dead, drag them kicking and screaming back to their body, explore the between world...

Which is really cool!

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 05:40:15 PM
I'll see what I can do about acquiring a copy of the abomination codex and take a look. In the meantime, Spirit Mastery it shall be.
My usual sources have failed me, so never mind on the looking at it myself front.

I really want to buy the other books, if I did [have] digital copies of them, I'd send them to you.

Edited: A grammatical error.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

That'd be nice. I would like to know what the book says about the voodoo spirits before I make the entire character though, I may decide to do something entirely different.

ShamshielDF

Now, the really important question from Alexandrea's point of view...is female Archer bi?
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

undisclosedtoyou

Also, Gryph we have an irc chan.  If you want to check it out, it's on Mibbits: Sorcery[webirc], the channel is #witchcraft Elliquiy, Elliquiy being the password.

Mmm, Peace and Thefir has the book I believe, mmm, if you pop on irc Peace may be able to give you more info, or PM'ing him would work to.

*Feels like I'm pimping Peace out ;)*

Quote from: ShamshielDF on September 10, 2011, 05:57:36 PM
Now, the really important question from Alexandrea's point of view...is female Archer bi?

Nom, of course.  Lol, the only thing changing will be the physical description and bio, but even than, it won't be very different.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 05:56:30 PM
That'd be nice. I would like to know what the book says about the voodoo spirits before I make the entire character though, I may decide to do something entirely different.
EDIT: And I found it on Scribd. Can't download/save it, but I can read and copy the relevant bits...let's see...

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 06:01:37 PM
EDIT: And I found it on Scribd. Can't download/save it, but I can read and copy the relevant bits...let's see...

Link?  I would like to glance at it to, if it's not a problem to link it here that is.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

I might surprise you, but to me, a Voudou practitioner might well be a Divinely Inspired. Just food for thought, you check for yourself whether they powers fit your idea, but they don't have to be monotheistic ;).
Abomination codex gives rules for Spirit patrons, so a voudou practitioner might well be a Divinely Inspired looking to acquire a more permanent connection with a Spirit Patron.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on September 10, 2011, 06:03:43 PM
Link?  I would like to glance at it to, if it's not a problem to link it here that is.

It's technically breaking copyright, so I think it is against the rules. Just google 'Abomination Codex', though, it's the 4th or 5th link down.

Looking at what's available, I'm liking the idea of a black-humored, mildly sadistic Voodoo practioner with Baron Samedi as a spirit patron. Probably a full-on Gifted.

Question for Peace: I want to play a very 'Lawful Evil' type character, with either one or two levels of the Honorable drawback, but would obeying the letter of his promises while subverting the heck out of their spirit be against the spirit of the Drawback? The books talk about how spirits often try to take advantage of loopholes in their bargains, and I wanted my character to be similar.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 06:38:31 PM
It's technically breaking copyright, so I think it is against the rules. Just google 'Abomination Codex', though, it's the 4th or 5th link down.

I'll definitely do that, thank you.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 10, 2011, 06:38:31 PM
Question for Peace: I want to play a very 'Lawful Evil' type character, with either one or two levels of the Honorable drawback, but would obeying the letter of his promises while subverting the heck out of their spirit be against the spirit of the Drawback? The books talk about how spirits often try to take advantage of loopholes in their bargains, and I wanted my character to be similar.

It is against the spirit of this drawback. However, since Baron Samedi has a trickster aspect, I'll let you take the honorable drawback as something Baron Samedi requires as an obligation, and allow your character to work around it in that way. Make sense?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on September 10, 2011, 06:46:59 PM
It is against the spirit of this drawback. However, since Baron Samedi has a trickster aspect, I'll let you take the honorable drawback as something Baron Samedi requires as an obligation, and allow your character to work around it in that way. Make sense?

Sure, that works. I'm already taking Level 1 Cruel as a Drawback, I'll tack on Honorable 2 as well; I'll bet Samedi would even like it better that way.

EDIT: Incidentally, I find it kinda odd that a Lesser Gifted starts with a larger Essence Pool than a Gifted does (assuming neither buys the Increased Essence Pool quality), but whatevs.

undisclosedtoyou

Reworked Character sheet:

Name: Jessica Archer
Concept: Daredevil/Lesser Gifted
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Sexuality: Pansexual
Nationality: English
Known Aliases: Shadow

Channeling Magic: 0

Character Points:
Spent:
Unspent:

Primary Attributes:

Strength: 2
Intelligence: 3
Dexterity: 4
Perception: 4
Constitution: 3
Willpower: 4

Secondary Attributes:

Life Points: 30
Endurance Points: 32
Speed: 14
Essence Pool: 20

Qualities                   Point

Gift(Metaphysics)5
Contacts3
Fast Reaction Time2
Good Luck3
Situational Awareness2
Charisma1

Drawbacks                                                          Point

Addiction(Smoking)1-
Honorable2-
Paranoid2-
Secret(Information on people)3-
Adversary(Art theft in the FBI, and the Rosicrucian)2-

Skill                         Level

Street Wise4
Acrobatics (Special)4
Climbing4
Surveillance4
Lock-picking4
Pick-pocket4
Stealth4
Martial Arts (Special)2
Notice3
Traps2
Driving(car)2

Power             Level

Soul Projection5

Character Bio

Jessica was born lucky.  Her mother had been just another drug addicted whore, dependent on any man who showed her any kind of affection.  Her father, had been a random john, a man her mother fucked for a little bit of money to support her habit.  But the people who spawned him, aren't very important in the long run.  She was lucky enough that her mother raised her until she was old enough to run the streets of London, and than one day the woman vanished.  She either ran away, or was killed, but it turned out to be a lucky break for Jessica, because the son of a bitch who was sleeping with her, had been staring at her a little too intently recently, and with her mother gone, she had managed to dodge a bullet, and a lifetime of forced child prostitution.  Understandably mistrustful of the system, the police, and anything resembling the law, Jessica promptly, and completely disappeared into the streets that she knew so well.

Again she was lucky, because although she hadn't started off as the most street savvy of kids, she was a quick learner, able to go long periods without eating, and had a willingness to do anything to survive.  She even managed to find a group of other homeless kids to run with, and she learned the true meaning of safety in numbers.  The six years she lived on the streets taught her many things, from picking pockets, scamming strangers, to how to slip a condom on a John who was unwilling to suit up.  And the streets weren't just a home and teacher for her, it also gave a strange meaning to her life, and forced her to create her own boundaries, rules, even an odd sort of structure.  So even though she was a criminal, he held to a moral high ground, that even upstanding members of society would find hard to follow.

When she was 14, she was incredibly stupid, and when she found a slightly open window, and compared it to her almost painfully empty belly, she took a risk, and added breaking and entering to her long list of felonies.  It seemed a bit too good to be true at first, but even when the window creaked, and slipped inside, nobody came out to catch her in the act.  So she got comfortable, eating what food she could find.  And than she got curious, thinking that such a large and obviously expensive house must hold untold riches, so she started upstairs to look around.  It wasn't until she heard a slight click when she tried to open a door, that she realized that she had made a big mistake.  Moving quickly, she managed to dodge a trap, and than another, before she tripped over her own feet and took a tumble down the stairs.

When she woke up, she found himself in a strangers bed, almost completely naked, except for her raggedy pair of panties, and a sheet covering her body.  It only took her a moment to realize that there were no other clothes, and that she was quite firmly trapped in a strangers room.  She took comfort in the knowledge that she wasn't in jail, but she wasn't stupid, and knew that she could have possibly landed herself in an altogether more dangerous situation.

Again, the luck that had kept her alive for so long, had kicked in again, and instead of finding herself in the clutches of some child molester, she lucked out, and caught the interest of a rather 'eccentric' multi-millionaire.  The man was older, already had a son around the same age as Jessica, but he saw something in the girl, and took his own risk by taking a chance on the little raggedy street urchin.  It was the girls natural instincts, the way she anticipated an attack, and her quick mind, mixed in with her unbelievable luck, that in the end, made Jessica an apt pupil.  When she was adopted, Jessica finally got a taste of a real home, and a real family.  And so she was trained, and in the end took up the mantle of a first classed thief.

She spent decades doing what she loved, and she did love it.  When she started getting older, she decided that she was ready to do something else with her life.  Which, through a twist of fate, led to her contracting with the FBI, in return they'd erase her file from the database, and give her a comfortable salary.  Art theft, was far from happy about this though, so she held little doubt that they somehow kept a record of her somewhere, in the deepest darkest depths of their file cabinets.  And it was almost ironic, that her work with the FBI lead to her garnering more enemies, than she had throughout her entire criminal career.  Even through all that, she kept to her code, and refused to give out actual names and intimate details of her contacts, instead guiding the various teams she's worked with in the right direction.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Thufir Hawat

Given the extra points in metaphysics, the Gifted would be more likely to have the Increased Essence pool, though. And Increased Essence is a greater increase at the start of the game then when purchased with XP ;).
So it works out, except for the edge cases, which are by definition not common.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

TheGlyphstone

True.

Is it possible to put no points in an Attribute (leaving it at 0) and spending Drawback points to bring it up to a positive value? Or do you have to put at least 1 point in all your Attributes before doing anything else?

PeacethatPowerbrings

No, you need to spend your basic attribute points first, and then add your drawback points.

TheGlyphstone

That's what I thought, but there was a sidebar for Attributes at or below 0, so I was a little confused.

undisclosedtoyou

I was a bit curious about this to, but say, having a constitution of 0 would make you dead wouldn't it?  Or at least, you'd be too weak/sickly to do anything.  Although I guess if you're of the undead you don't need a constitution?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PeacethatPowerbrings

Technically your attributes can be zero or below, but that would indicate some severe mental or physical handicap. The normal person wouldn't be at less that 1 in any attribute at adulthood.

undisclosedtoyou

If you had a -1, would that mean you get an extra point, or would you technically use a point to get the -1?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's