Outlaws To The End (Western Outlaw Group Game)

Started by Norsegod1839, November 07, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoneyGirl

Probably gonna make a doctor/nurse like character.

Faceclaim hunt is to begin
Returning after time away from my accident. Reworking a lot of things, so my search, on's and off's will be revamped over time.

My On's and Off's

Norsegod1839

ZoneyGirl

WIP
Doc

The Basics
Legal Name: Temperance
Alias: Doc, Mom, Tempy
Sexuality: Pansexual

Physical Description
Face Claim: Eva Green
Appearance: Scar on her left thigh from a wolf attacking her.

Personality and History

Personality

Temperance is a woman who is often said to wear her heart on her sleeve. She believes deeply in the sanity of life, that taking a life is something she would never do unless it was her last resort. She is caring, intelligent, and fiercely independent and stubborn. Stuck to her ways and won't budge too much from them. She has grown a little colder in the west, other people taking lives in nothing new. She can't stop them and by now has stopped trying to make them think otherwise. She knows that she needs protection and will use others for that reason. They can get their hands dirty and in return she will patch them up. She gets her protection and they have a higher chance of surviving a bullet or any other injury that the wild frontier can do to them.

She has a soft spot for children and often will stop to make sure they are okay if given the chance. Temperance offers free services to those that need it. Be it for cleaning an infected wound or helping with a birth. She is a rare source of kindness int he west and it might be easy to take advantage of. However the woman is smart enough to know people and how they work. She doesn't have plans on being used by anyone anytime soon.

Biography

Temperance was born in New York. The daughter of a wealthly businessman. She had it lucky as some would say, she lived in a nice house. Her mother had once been a teacher and taught Temperance to read and write and the young girl found a love for books. She always had her nose in one. She loved them, specially the ones that related to science or math. The ones that let her learn more about the world than her mother could have. Her childhood and early adulthood was in the safety of her parents. A nice house and clothes. Anything her heart desired for she could get.

She was fifteen when she would meet the man that would become her husband. He was a young doctor and needed help running his clinic. He offered Temperance a job and an oppertunity to learn the workings of medical procdures. How to help people as she always wanted to do.

At first she only studied under him and their relationship was nothing more than that. Teacher and student, she was taught the basics of medical care. The actions of a nurse, but would watch Hector do many other things. She took his books and journals and studies late into the night. It seemed to catch Hector's eye and the man soon started to court her. They were married by the time she was seventeen and she was happy in life. She had a carrying husband and was learning a lot in life. All while helping Hector in his clinic.

The years passed. When Temperance was twenty six, Hector told her they were moving out to the west. The wild and untamed frontier. They needed doctors in that part of the world and there was potential for them to live very comfortable lives as one of the few medical practices with a doctor that was formally trained. They headed out west, the journey was long and rough, but they eventually made it.

Temperance since then has excelled her husband. She is more sure with her actions, her stitches are more even and her hands don't shake as much during more delicate procedures. Soon she was the one people would see and Hector started to take the credit. They fought often, but Temperance would find it hard to live on her own. She deals with it and knows in her mind she is the far more talented of the two when it comes to saving people.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons: Bowie knife. Outside of that she doesn't have any weapons save for medical supplies she can vitalize as poisons.

Equipment: Medical Kit - Filled with homemade bandages, various medicines and natural remedies, medical knives and saws, some proper medicines and painrelievers, and other basics. Not much given the frontier is a harsh place.
One formal dress, in case its needed
Spare cloth (mostly used for bandages)
Waterskin

Skills

Skill:
Medicine : Temperance was trained formally as a nurse and eventually picked up more trade as an actually doctor when she moved out West with the man who taught her everything. She is skilled and has medical books with her that she can consult if she is unsure about a procedure. She can stitch wounds, perform some basic and rough surgeries, and knows medicinal plants that can help with pain, infection, and other aliments.

Barber : Steady hands make one skilled to cut hair and shave strangers. After all one wrong move and one could nick the wrong area of the skin. She is a woman who knows styles and hair, though not nearly as much as her studies in medicine and surgery. She can still do a pretty good job at giving someone a trim.

Fc Picture

Putting this here for now. Need to work out her bio...but work soon
Returning after time away from my accident. Reworking a lot of things, so my search, on's and off's will be revamped over time.

My On's and Off's

Juggtacular

I  would've joined this the day i dowbloaded rdr2 if I knew about it. My character will be similar in archetype to a few others as there arent that many in wild west times lol.

Norsegod1839

Hey Jugg! Welcome aboard!

There's still a few archetypes we don't have

For instance a Gambler might be a good idea. Someone who can go into a town and make some money through the poker tables.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on November 09, 2018, 03:44:07 PM

For instance a Gambler might be a good idea. Someone who can go into a town and make some money through the poker tables.

Actually...that might be a good one to use.

ZoneyGirl

Why are bios always the most pain in the butt part to do.

If anyone has ideas for roping a Doc in I am free to suggestions.
She could know someone, be a girl to someone, or just kind of unwillingly roped in at one point.
Turns out she likes the outlaws and is like "I guess I'll patch you assholes up."

My On's and Off's

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Juggtacular on November 09, 2018, 03:50:21 PM
Actually...that might be a good one to use.

I wouldn't mind it! The gang could use someone that could go in town with ten dollars and come back with 150

matusmanis

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on November 09, 2018, 03:44:07 PM

hey we may already some of those that go into town with some money to gamble -may come back with less money and/or bar fight behind tho :D-

Juggtacular

Quote from: matusmanis on November 09, 2018, 04:07:37 PM
hey we may already some of those that go into town with some money to gamble -may come back with less money and/or bar fight behind tho :D-

Well my guy will always help you get your money back...for a modest slice of course. After all, gamblin' ain't cheap. ;)

Norsegod1839

All the more reason why we need to find some people who can EARN lol

Dominique

Don't mind me, just checking if I like my final version.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Filly

The Basics
Legal Name: Haley Elisabeth Cartwright
Alias: -
Sexuality: Bi-sexual

Physical Description
Face Claim: Sharon Stone
Appearance: There's a big burn mark running diagonally along her back from when she escaped her burnt down home.   

Personality and History

Personality

Aside from its obvious relation to her life as a horse ranch owner, Haley’s nickname could not be more ironic. She’s a headstrong woman with more courage than is good for her. Despite being married for a grand three years, she makes a good loner, although in her current gang she seems to have finally found kindred spirits. She’s remarkably patient with animals, can tolerate children but has a pretty short fuse with most adults, men in particular, that aren’t in her circle. She’s fiercely loyal to family, but knows better than to trust just about any outsider.

She's not an overtly feminine girl, or at least she hasn't been since joining - more one of the guys than anything. She can hold her drink  - really hold her drink - and doesn't shy away from hanging out at the tavern or just chatting the night away by the camp fire. You don't want to be around her when she's got a hangover though.

Biography

She was born and raised in an old western town named Christine. It wasn’t a fancy place nor a big one, although that vastly changed once gold was discovered not two miles away. But at its origin, Christine was a modest little place and Haley was part of the youngest generation of a family who, although they had made their money dealing in cart building and repairs (as their name might suggest), her great grandparents traded in their heritage for a life as horse farmers. They were reasonably successful and the animals they bred, trained and sold were strong, healthy animals that went for a good price and were requested by tradesmen in cities from miles around.

At the age of sixteen, Haley lost her only living parent, her father William, to an unexpected illness. At age seventeen she married a city boy named George Judson for the simple reason that he wanted her and she wanted his money to keep the ranch from needing to be sold. It was at this time that gold was discovered near Christine, and it blew up into a Gold Rush town with people coming from all ends of the world to try their luck at finding some gold themselves. Unfortunately, the one vein turned out to be exactly that - just the one. Two years later and the newcomers had moved on to new promises, leaving most buildings vacant and subjected to the test of time. Haley and her husband remained, as did most of the original townsfolk, but times were harder on them than ever. As time passed, more and more people were forced to abandon their homes, and those who hadn’t left yet, were either without the resources or family to have anywhere to go, or just too damn stubborn. Despite George’s best efforts, he couldn’t convince his spouse to leave the ranch. Loyal though he was, he made to return to the city to plead for money from his dad. He would never return, and news of his death reached Haley only weeks later.

The empty village was vulnerable to bandits and anyone with ill intentions in general. Haley slept with her gun under her pillow, but it wasn’t long before they came knocking on her door. At first they were fairly polite, wanting to trade her horses for hard cash. The deal was so laughable that she slammed the door in their faces and told them where they could shove their offers.

The second time they arrived with more men, but Haley was waiting with half the town in her living room. The third time they came at night, and found her waiting in the stables; she shot two in the leg and one square between the eyes. The fourth time they came Haley wasn’t so luck though, and while she slept they lit her house and stables on fire in the darkest of night. She narrowly escaped with her life and fled to the sound of her horses dying, their cries shrill and haunting in the night. She rode off with the only animal she had left in her corral; a filly that was yet to be broke properly.  Without looking back they gallopped off and for days, the penniless widow tried to get away from her former home as far as possible.

She barely got by for a few weeks, although her late husband’s family offered her some money when she ultimately came knocking on their door with nowhere else to go. It was severance pay, and she would never see them again after; Haley reverted to her maiden name from that moment on. With her three-year old mare, Diléa, and a gun strapped to her back she only had one thing on her mind - vengeance. She couldn’t do it alone though, and in her search to get even she found Alexander and his, at the time, still fairly young gang of outlaws. Promising them all the money the Judsons had given her they helped seek out and take care of the bandits responsible for destroying her ranch. Haley found, however, that she had lost a purpose in life, and although the people she had hired were hardly better than the bandits they’d slaughtered, there was something about it that made Haley want to stay. For the next four years she would learn, participate and ultimately become an integral part of the group. Her morals had changed a bit, but Haley could live with that; when life keeps beating down on you, righteousness and keeping to the law just kinda loses its shine. The nickname they gave her is a bit derogatory, but it’s a small price to pay when you get to be part of, well… a family, even one as imperfect and lawless as this one.

At present time, though, she is beginning to long for a place to settle down again, a home to go back to. Hell, she might even start breeding horses again.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons:

Bowie Hunting Knife

Smith and Wesson Schofield .45 (x2)

1892 Winchester Rifle

Equipment: Bullwhip, Lasso, horse grooming equipment and saddle oils

Skills

Rancher - Extensive knowledge about feeding, grooming and otherwise taking care of healthy and injured horses. Looks after the animals, patches them up when needed, and takes care of the riding equipment. Also has a pretty good grasp on how to get a good price for horses and other tradesgoods.

Gunslinger - Taught both by her dad and later by her husband, she’s been capable of firing the long gun for many years and pistols for some time. She makes great efforts to be able to defend herself and those around her that she considers important. Can shoot particularly well from on a horse’s back.

Hunter - Desperate times call for desperate measures, and while her first encounters with wild animals were generally limited to the shooting off hungry packs of wolves and the likes, Haley’s resorted to hunting wildlife in order to keep herself from total starvation, both at the ranch and on the road. She’s known to tag along on hunting trips, although she enjoys the lone venture into the woods more.

Additional Images

Flower

evilnerf

Quote from: ZoneyGirl on November 09, 2018, 03:51:51 PM
Why are bios always the most pain in the butt part to do.

If anyone has ideas for roping a Doc in I am free to suggestions.
She could know someone, be a girl to someone, or just kind of unwillingly roped in at one point.
Turns out she likes the outlaws and is like "I guess I'll patch you assholes up."

I like the idea of her getting captured and getting stockhome syndrome.  So at some point in the RP she is capable of going home and has to decide what she wants to do.

shii

I also like the idea of her being captured and maybe she can't stand seeing one of them hurt and offers her help? I mean she could have patched Armitage up after he was on the wrong end of a knife? He has a scar on his left side/belly. It could have been serious enough for them to ask for her help?

ZoneyGirl

Well seems that is a favorable route right now.
How long ago should that have happened then and who wants to be the main factor in that one

My On's and Off's

shii

Well Armitage has been there for 2 years. I could also see him hitting on her when he felt a little better ;p

ZoneyGirl

Quote from: shii on November 09, 2018, 08:08:29 PM
Well Armitage has been there for 2 years. I could also see him hitting on her when he felt a little better ;p
LOL.
When did her get injured, or you want him to deal with that.

Could tie it into her arrival, just not sure who would be the one kidnap her.

My On's and Off's

Norsegod1839

I'd say she gets kidnapped during the bank hiest but thats just my two cents.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on November 09, 2018, 08:17:25 PM
I'd say she gets kidnapped during the bank hiest but thats just my two cents.

Which of our lovable ne'er-do-wells would be the injured party that requires we nab us' a sawbones?

Norsegod1839

ZoneyGirl

I can set it up for her to get taken during the heist.
Bio is close to done.
Need a second skill having a problem thinking of it.

My On's and Off's

Norsegod1839

ZoneyGirl

Haha. Drink everyone under the table.
"When you have a husband that blows it out his ass you would drink too"

Thinking of a useful skill, maybe good at foraging. Knows herbs and such for medicinal use

My On's and Off's

evilnerf

In the wild west, Surgeons often doubled as Barbers.  Just sayin'