The Air's Fine Once You Grow Gills (Supernatural, Apocalypse, BDSM, LGBT)

Started by Maeve, April 12, 2016, 06:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maeve

The Airs Fine Once You Grow Gills -

This might be some tricky territory, as it's only semi my idea but since none of this is for money I say lets have fun. Before I rped here I was over in SL, where one of the lands I played in was Toxian City. I've been itching to slip back into the character I created over there. Full disclaimer the origin of Toxic City is not my idea, nor are many of the characters I have outlined here. However I have changed their names and several key aspects of their character in order to streamline a story. In fact with a few exceptions I toned down the key players so that if someone is interested they can put own spin on them. The end result is a skewed reflection, with the only bits left whole being what I created in the game.

The characters listed below are only suggestions. Originals are more than welcome!

Believe it or not this town was once a nice place to live. Business was good for a while. So good the town had a fancy opera house, swell library and everything that a cultured gent could ask for. It had the air of a mythical island. In fact Vanity Fair called it the new Atlantis. Turns out that was like calling the Titanic unsinkable.

No one is sure exactly what happened. One morning started out like any other, people going about their lives and then suddenly a green cloud descended and all hell broke loose. Some people say literally. The new Atlantis was no more, though some people say they still see it from their safe shoreline, still wrapped in that thick green fog with wicked looking lightening whipping it like a fury.

It wasn't much better for those poor souls left. Many of them died in the intial...whatever it was. More soon afterwards from an unknown plague. Those that survived found themselves hunted by new residents: vampires, werewolves, and others no one can quite pin down.

Sassy didn't live here before 'the event'. Her pimp thought he killed her one night and she washed up on shore. With only the clothes on her back she picked up where she left off, only she found her clients had very specific needs besides the obvious. Like werewolves offering to pay her in chocolate for her kneecaps. Needless to say, its kinda hard to run when a wolf man is ripping apart your joints. While the hospitals there didn't take chocolate insurance, the nice cybernetic nurses would fix her up for the experience of dealing with human anatomy.

They didn't do half bad either, after three days Sassy walked out with new knees and an addiction to little purple pills. They weren't kidding about needing the experience though. When they patched her up they wired her wrong. Now she could cum just by someone sucking on her earlobe and it took her brain about ten minutes to realize that she was in pain. A handy trait as it turned out when her other clients included Nekos, whose Toms had barbs at the end of their cocks, or Vampires who liked to penetrate her twice over.

She would later learn that when one was sick or injured here, they didn't go to the hospital. They went to the magic shop and let the magic doers fix them up. They even did cosmetic surgery, like turning normal human blood into something sweeter with a higher nutritional content. While Sassy didn't really like the idea of turning herself into a juice box it did surge her sales. As a bonus, for watching her first girl on girl, the woman doing spell tossed rapid healing. It was the only perk to this place Sassy figured, she might have been in hell but at least her two packs a day wouldn't kill her.

There were still plenty of other things lining up for a go though. Which is why when Alucard, the King of the Pit Nightclub, offered to take care of her she accepted despite her spotty history with pimps. There was no denying that things got better though, she had a warm place to sleep, a safe place to work from and a job where she kept her legs shut to supplement her income. She found working a bar wasn't unlike working a John, you kept your ears open and gave them exactly what they wanted. She even had friends, the other girls who worked at the bar: Little Bits and Trouble.

Things may not have been right as rain, but they ran like clockwork until he showed up. They didn't know if he was a grand wizzard or a mad scientist, hell he could have been the one who sank the new Atlantis. Whatever he was he wanted to rule the world and told the creatures of the night that they better get down or they better lay down. To prove he was serious he unleashed a hint of his power, a plague that wrecked everyone form the most powerful vampire to the smallest human. Everyone except Sassy.

- Nekos. In Sassy's experience they either look like Japanese Lolita's or Rastafarians. They tend to be a bit shy of outsiders, seeing as they are not violent by nature, but they're definitely willing to trade drugs for sex and there's no party like a laid back Neko party.

- Mara. Mara is one of the younger, and more unpredictable members of the pack. For reasons unknown she found herself rather attached to Sassy, often insisted that she sleep the night in the den after the Alpha was done with her and making sure she ate three meals a day, since humans were so delicate.

- The Wolfpack. Rude, crude and ridiculously good looking in leather. They own and operate the local chop shop and smuggling depot.

- Alucard. No one is quite sure what Alucard is. Whatever his species he's tough enough that he keeps The Pit neutral territory and keeps the girls asses out of the fire, not matter how much trouble they get into.

- The Vampire Clan. They also have excellent parties, but they only invite themselves. If something nasty violent goes down, it's usually them. They're steady money though, as the human population ever dwindles but Sassy makes them pay extra if they want draft rather than bottle.

- Magic Doers. This lot was just a bit...odd. Some were dark and dangerous witches, some were affable alchemists, others had their minds swallowed up with the powers, which the island seemed to intensify. They weren't dangerous really, unless you crossed them.

- The Library. These guys were the closest thing that the island had left to white hats. They were mostly comprised of humans and few other truth seekers, those who found the incident fascinating and wished to either study the phenomenon or cure it.

- Little Bits and Trouble. The two other girls that work at The Pit. Sometimes they tend bar, sometimes they waitress and sometimes they dance, but they always find danger. Most of the time it either takes Sassy or Alucard to get them out of it.

- Cyborgs. The last creatures to ask for help from. With so few humans left, Cyborgs run the necessary mechanics to keep the city going. However there's a nasty rumor that they were created by the man who now holds the city ransom.

- Sassy. (Me in a GM capacity) 

That's all folks, let me know if any of this inspires. If it does, please feel free to e-mail me with a character outline.

Maeve

Maeve

Lindrea

I remember Toxian City!  I played there very briefly.  I'd love to get in on this. :)

I'm thinking one of the magi.  Maybe an apprentice to one of the ones that has lost their mind to the powers they wield.

Maeve

Wonderful! I miss it there too, but towards the end of my tenure there it had...changed. It ended up being a system game. Anyway if you wouldn't mind scribbling one of these out and maybe we can get the ball rolling.

Writer Name: Screen Name

Character Name: What should we call you?

Sexuality: What butters your parsnips?

Powers: What can you do? I would ask that everyone keep these within a limited scope. Given the dynamic of this group, we can only assume that if they had the power to take over the world, they would have by now.

Race: Are you a demon? A fae? Something in-between?

Weaknesses:  Are you allergic to iron? Have an aversion to crosses? Do you duck when someone comes at you with a magic sword?

Motivation: Why did you join up and why are you still here? Trying to stay out of hell? Plotting to take over? Just looking for a good time?

Personality: What’s your deal? Are you the crazy one? The strong silent type? Maybe you’re the one voice of sanity in an insane mob.

History: Just did a pretty thing like you end up in a place like this?

Lindrea

Writer Name: Lindrea

Character Name: Enigma

Sexuality: Tri-sexual (Male, Female, Futanari (If they exist, which.. from SL, pretty sure they do))

Powers: Enigma is an apprentice mage.  She has rudimentary elemental spells and a few enchantments.  Her powers can only affect a handful of people at a time, but at diminished effect.  Against a single person, she can be deadly, but she's honestly still l earning.

Race: Pure-blood Human

Weaknesses:  Enigma is not a fighter, she will often run from confrontation as most end up with one side dead and she'd rather not be that side.

Motivation: Enigma was dragged here by her Master.  He's lost a bit in the mental department, but he knows way more magic that she could think possible.  She's really just trying to survive at the moment and to stop her own growing insanity.

Personality: She's careful, crafty, sneaky and a liar.  She will not hesitate to stab you in the back if she thought it would gain her something.  However, that doesn't mean she isn't capable of longer, thought out plans.  She is crafty after all.  She may not stab you now, but she will.. oh yes, she will.  Also, she will damn near sleep with anything.  Within reason, of course.  She won't lay with something that by its very nature would be harmful to her, that's just silly.

Some of her Master's mental state has started to wear off on her, so at times, she can be completely sane and at others, she could be completely unstable.  She is aware of this and is seeking ways to combat it.

History:  Prior to the end times, she was Juliet Reanolds, a college student.  What she was studying doesn't matter anymore, but she ended up meeting a person.  She still has yet to know if they're male or female.  The cloak of magic hides all identifying aspects.  She spent much of her time following her Master around, learning what he knew about the ways of magic.  Then the end happened.  Enigma was studying under her Master prior to the apocolypse already and managed to survive due to his magic.  She was brought to Toxian City mostly against her will and now has to deal with her Master's insanity and the perils that lie in the city itself.

Maeve

Lots of possibilities! I love it. If you like we can start a basic scene, set the stage.

Lindrea

I like this idea.  ^.^  Do you want any particular formatting for posts?  Like character pic on the side, made smaller, location, tags and the like?

Maeve

I do. Let me whip one up when I get home from work tonight. So eexcited.

Lindrea

Maeve

Name: Sassy
Role: Right now, hungover bartender.
Time:Morning of Day 1
Tagging: Enigma
Warning: Alcoholism and drug addiction

That work?

Lindrea

Maeve

Excellent, I will start a thread. I'm also going to start a new recruitment thread, rather than just an interest check. Any suggestions for world building?

Lindrea

Hmm.. need some more rival gangs, people of influence, and powers that be in the city.  Things that the characters can go interact with. :)

Maeve

Well like Tox, I'm thinking that each of the groups has a leader and a hierarchy. I'm torn between letting that arise naturally or creating NPC's that can either be adapted by future players or killed off. Either way we are going to need roles for -

- Werewolf pack Alpha
- Mara
- Vampire Clan Leader
- Psycho Vampire looking to take over 
- Leader of the Magic Doers
- Alucard
- Little Bits & Trouble
- Various Nekos (I'm not sure whether they will have a leader, or whether they just sort of flow in and out of the story)
- Various Cyborgs, but I feel that they may end up being NPC unless someone really wants to embrace the role
-Evil Wizard

Of course the Vampires and Werewolves will be at each others throats. No one remembers why anymore, it's just the way it's always been. Both the vampires and the werewolves hunt Nekos, humans and the magic doers. The Cyborgs try to keep the city running, with mixed results. Since you're the first person joining up for alchemists camp, I thought I would ask you what sort of plot line you want to play with them.

I'm thinking there's star crossed lovers, intrigue, drunken riots, and various supernatural shenanigans.

Lindrea

Maeve

Have you given any thought to what your introductory plot should be?

Lindrea

I haven't, but I do have an idea.  Enigma's on the run from one of the gangs, trying to escape from getting kidnapped and gangbanged? >.>

Maeve

That could work, The Pit is neutral territory and the closest thing the city can provide. Sounds like the work of werewolves. I should be able to get something up tomorrow, do you want to start?

Lindrea

So, she's trying to get to the Pit to hopefully find protection.  Yeah!  Let's do this thing. ^.^

Maeve

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am interested in getting this off the ground, sorry it's taken me so long to get this going. However stay tuned for upcoming posts.

Maeve

Finally the first post is up. I'm still planning on doing a recruitment thread to give everyone a bit more back story. DO NOT feel the need to make your post as long as mine, it was mostly to set the scene. Course if you're prone to long posts, all the better.

Enjoy!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254307.0

Lindrea

Hehe, I'm presuming that the girl banging on the door is my character, yes? :)

Maeve

If you want. I left it open that it could be your character or she could be some poor soul about to get ripped apart by a werewolf for shock value. Yours could be saved by a Son of a Gunn, or hold her own against the Weres and find someplace to hide. It is up to you.

Lindrea

We shall see what I can come up with. :)  I'll probably have something up this weekend.

Maeve

Westal

Hello all! I've been chatting with Maeve about this story, and I'll be throwing my hat in.

Until there's a Character Bio thread, I'll just leave this here:

Writer Name: Westal

Character Name: Requin - Owner and manager of the Magic Shop.

Sexuality:
Prefers human females, but has known to entertain Nekos when the moment is right.

Powers: Vast knowledge of magical potions (including arcane narcotics), elixirs, and texts. Has a few non-combat spells (depending on the perspective) that he can perform without material components, including the manipulation of distances via portals. His charisma is more of an ability that a power, but when used correctly, it may as well be. He also has connections and "favors" among the various races that can be be utilized when he needs a leg up against a foe.

Race: Human magic-doer

Weaknesses:  He is entirely mortal. No unusual weaknesses besides pointy/sharp things and blunt force trauma. However, don't bother trying to poison him: it will be a long night.

Motivation: Requin enjoys the finest in all things. Food, spirits, companions and entertainment. To feed his habit, he seeks fortune and influence, and whatever means needed to obtain it.

Personality: Charming and gregarious, he fights his battles with words and compromise. Don't think that makes him weak, though. Under that suave shell lays a malicious, calculating man of vast intellect and cunning. He can be a valuable ally, or a deadly enemy. He does not flinch at violence, but is not likely to harm those who have not crossed him (directly or indirectly).

History: Little substantial history is known about Requin. He was seen when the Magic Shop appeared, and acted like he'd been there since time eternal. His shop sells thousands of different magic elements, from powders to potions to books to weapons. While his stock is impressive, his prices are not. He knows he has the market cornered, and acts like it. While he accepts most currencies (of exceeding quantity) he is most interested in what his customers can do for him. A well-placed favor or piece of information is often priceless when compared to money. He has no allegiance to any race or faction, but instead makes allies and enemies with individuals; an easy way to shift his policies rapidly depending on his needs. While he comes and goes rapidly by means of extra-dimensional portals (one of his few inbourne' spells), he is not unapproachable, and is always happy to hear out a bargain or compromise (but be careful, his agreements are binding is ways you might not expect).
To the best of nights, play on...

ON's and OFF's

Maeve

Elven Sex Goddess

Writer Name: Elven Sex Goddess

Character Name: Tamara Abigail McKenzie "Loup Rouge"

Sexuality: Heterosexual with a curiousness and openness to try anything beyond normal comfort.

Powers:  The ability to shift into a dire wolf size wolf.   A wolf that one would think is from the prehistoric age.   The preternatural sense of smell and hearing.  That also transcends to her human form.  Giving her a uncanny ability to hunt and track.  A preternatural rate of healing that heals at ten times the rate of a normal human.   With a qualify exception listed below in weaknesses.     In the wolf form a preternatural strength and quickness and a bite that makes a rottweiler seem like a fleas bite.  In human form her strength and quickness not at preternatural ability more at a human at peak human conditioning.   

Her ability to change to wolf form is not condition to the full moon only.  That of the full moon is explained in weaknesses.     However,  Tamara has the ability to change with her force of will.   

Race: Werewolf 

Weaknesses:  Silver,  causes aggravated damage that does not heal with her enhance werewolf healing factor.   Full moon frenzy, change to wolf form automatic and remain such in the grip of the wolf for the duration of the full moon.   Finally a weakness born of who she is that is mental in aspect.   Which is with the personality trait of being a alpha and protector.  She is intensely loyal to those that are in the pack.  In such away that can become a weakness of one took advantage of such deep rooted personality traits.

Motivation:
To be with others of her kind.   She has long sought such out.   An now that she found a pack that she can be part of she will strive not to lose such a family.

Personality:  One simple trait that runs in her family and all descendants from Ian the first of the family line.   An does not change with Tamara being the first female heir to inherit the curse of the white wolf bite.    She is alpha in nature.   Her other prominent inherent personality trait is she is a protector.   Along with a survival trait that has served her well.   

History: Legend has it through the Blue Ridge Mountain range of western North Carolina among the hardy locals that populate the region.  To the outside world they are known as hillbillies.   Backward people with superstitions and mythical lore.   Old wives tales that are carried from generation to generation.   Once such tale has persisted to this day and age.   The old wives tale of the 'Loup Rouge'.  From before the revolutionary war.   This story grew,  started among the hardy papist of the Scottish highlanders who had come mostly as indenture servants to the colonies.   Men and women who had followed the Bonnie Prince Charles and the Stuart uprising.   

One such family  had a secret long hidden yet widely known and spoken in whispers.   For they were garoou.   What the world would call werewolves shape shifters.     Settling on what would be called McKenzie Valley on the heel of Blue Ridge Mountain.    Ian McKenzie once a laird of the clan McKenzie in the Scotland Highlands.   A large man of six feet and three inches, broad of shoulders.    Thick of limbs with power.    Would be bitten by a spirit wolf.   That is to the native Americans of the land the Cherokee Indians.    A animal that is pure white,  is a spirit animal.    It thou had not stayed after suddenly leaping out and biting Ian.    It turned and ran.   As a highlander,  Ian took off fearless and undaunted by the size of this great large white wolf.     Running full tilt heedless of where he is being led.   He burst into a clearing and a Indian village.   In the commotion of a slaughter as the village is under attack.  Women and children crying and screaming.  With a Gaelic war cry he launched himself into the fray causing both those being attacked and those attacking to pause and look at this giant of a man suddenly wade into the battle.     

After the battle those of the village who survived the attackers all dead, the carnage great.   An in that moment all knew the truth the giant  of a man with fiery red hair.    Is the reason the village stands victorious.   One old woman a squaw of indeterminate age    would step forward and lift his hand which still streamed blood from the bite.  She lifted it and looked it over.   It was not a wound of the battle.   It is a bite.   

Through limited in language between the parties.   The Indians would piece together he had been bitten by a white wolf.    A spirit wolf and they would look at him reverently.  He return home to his land and tenants.   A few dozen settlers    some highlanders some Germans and French.   Papist and protestant in religion.   Yet bound together in a new world in forging a life.   

The first full moon Ian would change and the legend of the Loup Rouge would be born.    A legend that would be passed down through the generations to his descendants.    Through the American Revolution and then the American Civil war and in the course of history.  The stories and the legends would grow.  Through the sightings of the Loup Rouge were very rare.   

Tamara Abigail McKenzie a beautiful young woman twenty two years of age.    Like her ancestors she is a ginger with fiery hair.   An like her great many times descendant she is the one who the infliction of lycanthropy   surfaces the next in the long line of Loup Rouge.     However,  she is the first woman of the lineage to do so.     As the others before her since Ian.   She would change on the first full moon right after her sixteenth birthday.     

She knew the stories knew the lore and it scared her.   She wanted not this,   she felt tied and yet apart from the land.    Yet beyond Ian no one had ever seen the White wolf, the spirit wolf again.    That is until now.   For the spirit wolf that while wolf would come again.   It happen a year later the nights of the full moon.   Tamara forced to change in the full moon.   Would catch glimpses of the white wolf.   The Loup Rouge would follow.  Led far from home and hearth of her world of the ridge.    Where her family and people have resided for over two hundred years.    She loped following the elusive white all night. Its scent so very real yet no matter how strong it would become she seem never to close the the gap.   

By morning she  had come to a hunting cabin.   She change back   she is unsure how far she has gone.   For she is not in familiar territory of the ridge.     She is nude,  ones clothes do not mystically change.    She sees no activity with the cabin.  It is deserted and it is open.   Unlocked she would find clothes and a bed to sleep in.   

The full moon turned to a waning Gibbous  moon.   That night,  she could not smell or sight the white wolf again.   Yet the pull of the night had her not returning towards home.   But again widening the distance to home and family.   Something else is driving her,  she cannot name it.   She stumble through the wilderness in human guise.    A woman lost, the pain of hunger growing each day.   The nights bringing a chill.  She is not a survivalist.  She knew not how to build a fire.    It became clear as she settled down for the coming night on that third night.  That she is lost and would likely die in the wilderness of the back country.      Either of hypothermia or and starvation.     Rising up  she strip off the oversize hunter clothes she had taken and worn.   The chill of the night causing a ripple of goosebumps to appear across her skin.    In full concentration she would will herself to change, something she had never done in a year.   She had only changed on the full moon.    She succeeds as her body melds and shifts, twisting and becoming the red wolf.    She let herself be drawn into that side of her the instinct of a hunter as a wolf.    She lop off into the woods in search of a meal.     Tamara awakens the next morning she is nude,   sprawled on the ground.   Yet a fullness of belly is felt.   As she comes clear of thought she is got blood on her.   An the carcass of a deer buck lays near,   it has been ravaged as if a predator had feasted.   She knows that predator was her.    The  bile of vomit that once rose with such thoughts when she had done such on the ridge during full moons.   Does not come,  she thinks reflectively  for a moment rises and looks around.  Again letting the instincts flowing through.    She returns to her clothes and dresses.

Its been five years of wandering for Tamara as she stands outside the Hollow.   It be a full moon this night.   Five years the spirit quest has driven her.   She knew not wholly what she searched for,  but she knew without knowing that once she found it she would know.    She had heard rumors and caught scents of other werewolves.    Through she had not ever come across one.  Now standing outside of the Hollow she felt a tug and draw.  Sensing kindred near it is with great growing excitement of mind that she would enter the bar.   

Maeve

Almost forgot - Anyone on this thread that is still interested in the game. The official recruitment thread is now up. We're a touch slow going but between a complex game and the holidays, I confident we will get the ball rolling.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=259436.0;variant=default_ns