Interest Check: Generic Fantasy Inn

Started by Bliss, November 20, 2008, 11:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

My first foray into online roleplaying was a now-defunct website called The Gamer's Inn. I'm feeling seriously nostalgic, and I'd love to start up an open multiplayer game with the same sort of setting.

The main thread for this game would be, of course, The Inn. Picture a small building set just outside the forest, within a short walk of the visible seashore. Walk in the front door - and there are round tables scattered all around the room, with chairs for all. A roaring fire in the big stone fireplace, and rafters under the peaked ceiling, for those who prefer a lofty vantage point. Straight ahead is a bar, running most of the length of the back wall, which through fortuitousness and some really handily stocked Bag of Holding type cabinets can produce any and every flavor of drink that might be desired by its patrons. Behind the bar, a kitchen door on one side, staircase up to private rooms on the other.

Related threads would provide useful nearby settings: the beach cove, for example. The forest's edge. A dark tower. Further threads would be created upon player volume and need, and there would be an OOC thread in which each player will post a bio and description of their character; even a picture of said character, if so desired. There is no over-arching plot, to begin with - this game would be based on persona play. Each player develops a character/persona, and any action and plot arises from the interaction of those players. Slightly similar to the social boxes, each day is a new day in-game, and arrivals to the inn would begin with an arrival post, and upon leaving post a departure or retire up to the private rooms.

So. Is there any interest in this sort of game?
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MagicalPen

*1st in line* Let me know when its open for business!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Dawg

* Raises hand * But if you get it started to soon, I presume that players can join and leave the game as they want so you don't need to check in in the beginning of the story in order to play later on.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

VandalSavage

This sounds like an ideal leisurely retreat for the imagination.

Duchess

Bliss

Quote from: MagicalPen on November 20, 2008, 11:48:38 AM
*1st in line* Let me know when its open for business!

Will do!

Quote from: Dawg on November 20, 2008, 11:49:34 AM
* Raises hand * But if you get it started to soon, I presume that players can join and leave the game as they want so you don't need to check in in the beginning of the story in order to play later on.

Quite right. It'll be dynamic, with intertwining little plots and changes people create themselves. Friendships, enemies, romances, skullduggery, and so forth. Just like walking into a real inn, you don't know what has happened previously, and will only know what you learn from talking to other people. :)

Quote from: VandalSavage on November 20, 2008, 11:51:19 AM
This sounds like an ideal leisurely retreat for the imagination.

That's what I'm hoping... a sort of persona-play atmosphere for people to have fun with a character without the rigor of a contiguous storyline.

Quote from: sensualnymph on November 20, 2008, 11:52:06 AM
;D..its a great idea.

*grin* Keep watching this space, I'll post when it goes up. Start thinking of characters/personas, folks!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Dawg

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Dawg

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Bliss

And magic is allowable. Have fun with it; the place that I used to play at with this setting had everything from normal magicless humans to ghouls to vampires to sorcerers to rogues to shapeshifters and even a few mechs.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Paradox

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MagicalPen

We've got a Tavern, and Mead, so all we need now are some Wenches!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Paradox

*nudges MP and points to Bliss*

I think you can check that one off as well.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Bliss

Wenches. Plural. I'm going to be playing my PC and also the NPC barmaid, but I don't know that one woman can necessarily sustain a proper character balance.

Although... *thoughtful* Hmmm....
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Duchess

Inkidu

Quote from: Bliss on November 20, 2008, 11:56:26 AM
Generic systemless fantasy medieval.
You had me at generic Bliss, are custom races allowed? I don't know what I'm actually thinking of but I just want to know.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Bliss

Yup, custom races are allowed!

*squishesup next to Sensualnymph for female solidarity*
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Duchess

Quote from: Bliss on November 20, 2008, 01:04:02 PM
Yup, custom races are allowed!

*squishesup next to Sensualnymph for female solidarity*

now thats better  ;) ;)

Belladonna1

What an enticing idea!
May I play as well?  :)
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

Bliss

Quote from: Bella on November 20, 2008, 01:10:50 PM
What an enticing idea!
May I play as well?  :)

Certainly! It's an open invite game. :)
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

blackstardust

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Dawg

Quote from: Inkidu on November 20, 2008, 01:26:09 PM
Woo-hoo! More ladies! ^~^

Patience young grasshopper, all will find balance in the universe if given time.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]