Alien-like squid found 2.5 kilometers deep...

Started by Vekseid, November 25, 2008, 11:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Err linky!

A mile and a half (two and a half kilometers) underwater, a remote control submersible's camera has captured an eerie surprise: an alien-like, long-armed, and—strangest of all—"elbowed" Magnapinna squid.

The article is a bit... slanted, but cool nonetheless.

Ket

Pictures or it didn't happen.  Don't deprive a girl of tentacl-y goodness!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Vekseid

Ket

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Vekseid

I can picture who putting up a personal ad with "This is what I'm looking for in a guy..."

Ket

-giggles-  "Do tentacles hang from your elbows?  Do you flutter your ears and float through life, waiting for your next victim lover, ensnaring them with your suction cups, drawing them in for an evening of biting with your cleverly hidden beak?"

-snickers- 

Aiden

Maeven

That's so bizarre, I'm totally gonna have nightmares now.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

The Overlord

Holy Jointed Tentacles Batman, that thing almost looks half insect.  :o

Quote from: Ket on November 25, 2008, 12:11:06 PM
-squeaks-  I think I'm in lust love...

So we're saying there are actual tentacle aficionados that would try it in rl were it possible?

Ket

-blushes-  Yeah...I have a thing for cephalopods. 

Storiwyr

Quote from: Ket on November 26, 2008, 08:31:39 AM
-blushes-  Yeah...I have a thing for cephalopods. 

Cephalopods are awesome. Especially Cuttlefish with their wacky color changing abilities.
Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

Ket

Squid are my favorite.  Ever since biology in 10th grade...when we dissected one.  Most of the class was freaking out, I was in total love.   

sciurindae

Ket

Silk

I'd give a go with a bit of tentacle :) would be awesome to be completely dominated by it.

Trieste

Quote from: sciurindae on January 08, 2009, 07:27:18 AM
*chuckles* in a related topic? (for Ket and Storiwyr) http://www.xkcd.com/520/

*had that XKCD up in her gchat for a while* <3