Looking for some Star Wars (FFG, force users)

Started by ShadowFox89, June 17, 2020, 12:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Looking for a home for a character, a former Padawan who was lucky enough to escape the Jedi genocide. Having taken a vow to not take a life, now wandering the galaxy looking for a purpose. A Jedi and pacifist, in a galaxy friendly to neither.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Been a month, gonna give this a bump, hopefully I can find a GM and group. ...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

If I can get my life together I might can do something.  I've said that before though but maybe if I keep trying.

Captain America

Is this free form, or did you have a system in mind?
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

Pumpkin Seeds

Think the Fantasy Flight Games system is requested.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on July 21, 2020, 03:55:02 PM
Think the Fantasy Flight Games system is requested.
That's definitely how I read the FFG in the title as well 8-).
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

ShadowFox89

Yeah, the fantasy flight games system is what I'm looking at using. I didn't buy a fair number of the books just for them to sit around after all.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mosos

I am a gm, and more than willing to run this. I have a setting in mind, if you are still looking I'll make my pitch here.

Pumpkin Seeds

ShadowFox89

Awesome. I have a fair bit of experience with the system so if you have questions don't be afraid to ask.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

I've got a fair bit of knowledge on the back subject of you need to anything.

Mosos

I suppose the next step is to recruit though it would be very handy if alot of people in this thread wanted to play.

Pumpkin Seeds

Depends on what we're doing.  I know at least one is a Jedi.

Mosos

Oh I forgot to make the pitch, let me correct that error.

The Empire has fallen to ruin, but the galaxy is still not at peace. Remnants of the old Empire have reorganized and launch campaigns to restore their former might. Based on the desert world of Korriban the Sith Collective are a religious cult worshiping the deceased Emperor Palpatine. Armed with secrets of the dark side of the force and a bulk of the former imperial navy the Sith Collective launches assaults on New Republic world with fierce efficiency.

Faction leader: Darth Nova a human female.

On the world of Mon Gazza the piracy suppression forces of the ruined Empire have coalesced in to a contender for galactic supremacy, The Imperial Justicars. With the most advanced technology of the Empire salvaged from former research bases, and recruits gained from wolds neglected by the New Republic the Imperial Justicars continue the work assigned to them by the Empire: defeat the pirates enforce justice.

Faction leader: Grand Moff Darro Anden a human male.

The New Republic has risen as the dominate power in the galaxy, rebuilding the senate on Coruscant the New Republic is barley holding the Galactic economy together. Drowning in pirates and forced to hold on to planets that are unwilling to be a part of the Republic.

Faction leader: Speaker Mon Mothma a human female.

The Confederacy of Independent Systems. Reborn in the fire of the Galactic Civil War the remnants of the CIS join forces and trained the Rebellion on the promise that they would be allowed to leave the restored Republic. Unfortunately for the Separatists the Republic needs the economy of the CIS to stay afloat. Rebuilding their armies the CIS has prepared to wage war to earn their freedom from the Republic. Stationed on Genonsis the Separatists have rediscovered cashes of Clone wars tech from both sides.

Faction leader: Head of State Got Stutor a Skakoan male

As the galaxy is in turmoil criminals see opportunity. On the world of Nal Hutta the Hutt clans have joined under a single banner to launch massive planetary raids, taking slaves and loot from innumerable worlds.

Faction leader: Kalda the Hutt a hutt male.

The players: Stolen from their homes by the Hutt raiding parties and held on the C-Roc class light cruiser Fate's Fortune to be sold as slaves on Nar Shadda. As you are in your cells the ship rocks and the power fails.

This will be a sandbox game after surviving the encounter on the Fate's Fortune, you will be allowed to explore the galaxy sign up with a faction or make your own. The level of combat, smut, or anything else is totally up to you, I will keep it running. 

Pumpkin Seeds

So this is more set during the timeline of The Mandalorian? 

Mosos

I'd say five years after the start of the Mandolarian.

Pumpkin Seeds

Maybe I can push forward my droid crafting Jedi.

Mosos

Bring it! Though you may want some space combat tricks. ;P

Pumpkin Seeds

I tend to start with Soresu style and progress out to Droid Crafter and Armorer....of course I've never gotten to play her long enough to progress too far but that is the ideal way I imagine.  Problem will be Force points but get there when I get there I guess.

Mosos

I was worried you were going to say alchemist.

ShadowFox89

Hmmm... my setup with Laeli is similar Pumpkin. Armorer into defender and branching out later potentially into other trees. But the system is open enough that two similar builds can be different.

As far as starting time, since we don't have a confirmation from Disney, are we putting this after Kylo torched Luke's academy? My initial idea for Laeli was that she was a survivor of the Purge who decided she no longer wanted to make use of the force, at least overtly, and didn't want any blood on her hands.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

I would suggest, to get more interest in this, Mosos should make a post in the GM looking for players section. If we're all fine with that, I'll lock this topic.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

feybornkresh

Always interested in some good Star Wars. I'll be keeping my eyes open for this.

Pumpkin Seeds

Oh I'm fine going another route.  Maybe bring along a bounty hunter as counter point to your pacifist.

Mosos

Captain Whitebread

There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.