Keyboard Formatting Shortcuts in Chrome

Started by Reno, November 21, 2017, 11:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reno

Back when I used Firefox or Palemoon, I used to be able to use keyboard shortcuts to insert formatting codes (Ctrl-B for [ b ][ /b ], Ctrl-I[ I ][ /I ], etc..) Since I had to move to Chrome, I noticed that doesn't work anymore. I've tried in Incognito and on a clean install. Curiously, Alt-S to submit and Alt-P to preview still seem to work. Anyone know if they're just not supported in chrome, or if I maybe screwed something up somewhere?

Vekseid

The current editor code is ancient. It uses a number of really old hacks that are no longer standard.

Will hopefully be resolved once we are upgraded.

Reno

Quote from: Vekseid on November 22, 2017, 02:19:50 PM
The current editor code is ancient. It uses a number of really old hacks that are no longer standard.

Will hopefully be resolved once we are upgraded.

Thanks. At least I can stop messing around with browser settings then.

Ket

Run AutoHotKey. You can set certain keys to do anything you want. You can turn keys on and off (like me, who keeps my capslock key turned off). You can even set up your mouse to do whatever you want through it. https://autohotkey.com/
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Reno

I love AHK. I've used it for Windows gaming for years. Sadly, it doesn't run under Linux (GalliumOS on my chromebook)

Ket

There's IronAHK and Autokey for Linux, but I'm pretty sure IronAHK hasn't been updated in a couple of years. Not entirely sure about Autokey.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Reno

Quote from: Ket on November 29, 2017, 08:59:31 PM
There's IronAHK and Autokey for Linux, but I'm pretty sure IronAHK hasn't been updated in a couple of years. Not entirely sure about Autokey.

This little thing doesn't have the juice for Mono or GTK/QT, apparently. I'm not that surprised, it was a $100 microlaptop made for running a web browser. :)

I think I may spend some time this weekend taking Sseith's approach and seeing if it's something I can accomplish with a UserScript