Chris Angel, Destroyer of Psychics!

Started by Sabby, April 05, 2010, 10:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Wolfy

O_o...Chris Angel just uses muscle memory...or...something like that...I dunno what it's called.

But you notice how he either closely watches someone or places a hand on their shoulder whenever he does something involving some random person off the street?

That's because the body gives off cues during certain situations. For instance, you can tell someone is lying just by looking into their eyes. o3o

He also knows how to read muscle movements...people will tense up, ever so slightly, when, say, you have your hand over the cup that the ball is under (If they know it's under there)...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....yeah.

Sabby

I'm not really a fan of street magic in general (though Chris is HOT) but he never calls himself a 'magician'. Its Illusionist and he never claims that his tricks are anything other then that. Tricks. Illusions. But people like John Edward pass their own illusions off as genuine paranormal skills, and it actually kind of pisses me off.

So seeing this video was like an epic karma win <3

Oniya

There was an episode of WWE RAW where Chris Angel demonstrated his ability by having one wrestler hide a sharp knife inside a paper cup that was inverted on the table with two other identical cups.  (Chris seems to be into the dramatic.)  I think he actually explained the fact that his hand on the wrestler's shoulder was there to tell when his free hand was over a safe cup (which he could then crush flat) or the knife (at which point, he 'changed his mind' and picked another cup.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kunoichi

Sabby

9/11. as in the date of the Trade Center bombing. Before he opened it, he asked the other guy if he's like to try. He went on some long, seemingly pointless rant, comparing his and Chris' age difference and something about learning to bend spoons... Chris took this as him dodging the question, but he used the numbers 9, 1, and then 1 in his speech o.O

Tachi

Coincidence, Sabby. He's a magician, not a psychic. He just happens to be very good at his job and has worked long and hard to be able to manipulate peoples minds and guess what they'll do. People are predictable after a while. His show is entertaining though.