How about Shadowrun?

Started by Lord of Shadows, May 17, 2005, 06:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord of Shadows

Yes how about it?... as an adult game... that would be fun... a GM is needed though...

Hunter

Me wanna play!  Shoot bad guys!  Have hot chicks!  ;D

Amberghylles

Oh, and we could actually put Liliac's die roller to use.  8)

Amberghylles

Ok... call a fool... call me crazy... but if you want, you can call me the GM.  *Tosses hat into ring*  I'll run it if we can scare up enough victims... I mean players.  8)

Lord of Shadows

Great!!!  ;D

Players!!! COME HERE!!!

Everyone... drag Mika into this  ;)

Amberghylles

Actually, we could do this with a fairly small group.  SR handles small groups and solos well.

Lord of Shadows

You need three characters at least...

the technican (decker/rigger/or have you), the arcane guy (mage/shaman), the fighter (street-sam/etc)...

the rest... well that isn't a must.

Stumpy

well i'd be up for it haven't played shadowrun for years but i think i remember how it goes

Amberghylles

Quote from: Thomas Jordan on May 18, 2005, 02:34:51 AM
You need three characters at least...

the technican (decker/rigger/or have you), the arcane guy (mage/shaman), the fighter (street-sam/etc)...

the rest... well that isn't a must.

Actually, I've run some fun games with just pairs and some decent solo.  It does require some thoughtful run planning, but you don't hire a group with no magic to deal with something magic heavy and such, so it works out in the end.   And the solo decker was perfect under the older matrix rules (when running the matrix was a dungeon crawl)

Lyria

I havn't played shadowrun for years either, but if you are willing to put up with my relearning of the system  :-* I would be really excited to give it a go.  :D
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Hunter

Dibs on the mage!   ;D  8)  ;)

Lord of Shadows

See  ;D three players and one GM already

Rett Butler

From your excitededness this seems quite interesting. ;D Could someone fill me in? What exactly is ShadowRun?

Lord of Shadows

To put it simple it is Cyberpunk in 2050s but with a fantasy twist ;)

Rett Butler

Different... I like!  :D Can I join?

Lord of Shadows

We haven't even started :) that is up to our GM.

Rett Butler

Oh, okay. I wouldn't mind being the street fighter.  :) *hint hint* ;)

Stumpy

would like to do a techie type, sort of rigger / hacker

Lyria

I am open, will play about anything.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

JustyW

Justy raises her hand... waves it back and forth, jumping up and down... can I play?! ;D

just let me dust off my one and only shadowrun book ;D

Lord of Shadows

That would seem that we are ready to get ourself a game :)

Brandon

I have not played Shadowrun in many, many, many years but if your making a game Im in. Just 1 question, is there any online sources that I can find rules for it? My Shadowrun books "disappeared" a few years ago *pouts*
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Lord of Shadows

No legal ones what I know about, DC++ can help but that is illegal just so you know :)

Brandon

*nods* well Ill see if i can find some cheap ones then.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Lord of Shadows

because we can't recommend people to do illegal acts can we? *grins*