News:

Main Menu

Remember when Leon....

Started by Vercile, August 16, 2014, 03:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vercile

Sel Nar

Well, now I feel really old.

*looks down* Yes, and yes, respectively.

Inkidu

My image of his is from RE4. That's the game that got me into the series.

Remember when Final Fantasy looked like this:

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

I thought he looked like this:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beorning

Seriously speaking, though: who is Leon and what does he look like now?

Vercile

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 6

He's a main character, introduced in the second Resident evil game.
And I do not remember when Final Fantasy looked like that! I think the earliest I played a Final Fantasy game was 5 or 6.

Oniya

Quote from: Frozen Star on August 16, 2014, 10:54:19 AM
And I do not remember when Final Fantasy looked like that! I think the earliest I played a Final Fantasy game was 5 or 6.

;__;  *feels old*

(Not really.  ^^)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Beorning

Quote from: Frozen Star on August 16, 2014, 10:54:19 AM
He's a main character, introduced in the second Resident evil game.

I always thought that RE's main character is a woman?

Mathim

Quote from: Beorning on August 16, 2014, 11:04:19 AM
I always thought that RE's main character is a woman?

There are several, actually. Both male and female main characters throughout the RE series.

And if you really look, there isn't a huge amount of graphical improvement between the first and fifth Final Fantasy games. 6 was a minor improvement but it was most drastic between 6 and 7, and then even more drastic between the Playstation 1 generation Final Fantasy games and the Playstation 2 generations. I doubt there'll be much more drastic graphical innovation from this point on, whether in RE or in FF.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Formless

Quote from: Inkidu on August 16, 2014, 09:06:05 AM
My image of his is from RE4. That's the game that got me into the series.

Remember when Final Fantasy looked like this:

I can't really tell if this is the very first title or the second one?

Oniya

First.  Garland is the main antagonist, who creates the time loop.

Formless

Its been ... two decades ... Man I AM old. ::)

Inkidu

Besides, you probably ever played the real Final Fantasy II until later. The true second wasn't released outside of Japan until the PS1 generation.

IV and VI were released as II and III respectively.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

GanonDwarf

I remember when Leon looked like this.

My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Vercile

Quote from: dwarfvader on August 16, 2014, 03:22:36 PM
I remember when Leon looked like this.

For some Reason I love that guy!

Vercile

What about when Leon looked like this!

Inkidu

Do you remember when he wasn't called Leon?

Vercile

Quote from: Inkidu on August 16, 2014, 08:36:19 PM
Do you remember when he wasn't called Leon?

Haha. xD

I think that's just about enough fan service from you!..... *cough*

Sabre

Ada Wait!
What? Ada...Wait!
Claire, Claire, wait, wait! Man why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Years later he becomes a professional monster hunter and federal ninja, but he still gets pushed around by all the women in his life.

Vercile

Maybe that's a reason why a lot of girls think he's a dream-boat? He actually takes shit from women... but does it in such a cool way you don't even notice... well you do I don't..... *Look left and right....*

Sabre

I didn't notice for years honestly. I always overlooked the way Ada and Claire walked all over him in RE2 since, well, they're complete badasses. But with RE6 I couldn't stop laughing seeing just how far Helena manages to hook Leon through an entire city of zombies without ever answering his questions.

The difference between Leon A and Claire A in RE2 was a lot funnier after that. When Leon calls Claire about the truck he and Ada moved, she doesn't seem to care all that much. When Claire calls Leon about the sewers though he's freaking out and just gets brushed off. Then in the lab when Claire finds him on the security monitors she again steamrolls him with orders and doesn't bother with his questions. And she does it again on the train with Sherry and the vaccine.

He kind of reminds me of your average anime teen hero almost, hahah. He does become the coolest guy ever as prototype Dante in RE4, and that was a blast. Poor Ashley though never seemed to have the same power over Leon as the others though.

Vercile

I feel that in his early years he was young an inexperienced, all about duty and getting everyone out alive. Not exactly his own man yet and I can definitely see the "Teen Hero" aspect. When 4 came about he was a lot more relaxed and confident in himself, with that classic Capcom wit that resembled Dante's or Ken's (SF). he even complains about Ada through it, even beats her in a fight and tells her how it is. Ashley never had a chance because either in belief or circumstantial evidence, No one ever had a chance with Leon, he's too wrapped up in his work. At the time Ashley just happened to be the work, so I'd say she took it the wrong way? I think many girls didn't dig that deep and figured he was a hotty for being untamable. Then in Degeneration  we all wondered one thing.... W.....T.....F Capcom!?

GanonDwarf

My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Sabby

Remember that time Leon fought the Secretary of Defense who turned into a giant zombie T-Rex Transformers style? What a great survival horror series!