News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Movies (strange or favorite or worst)

Started by Sugarman (hal), May 31, 2008, 04:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Quote from: Maeven on August 18, 2008, 03:30:39 PM
Loved Falling Down.  Am embarrassed to admit I have it in VHS.

But I like Michael Douglas in mostly all his movies. 

Hey, it's a relatively old movie, I'm not surprised. What I am surprised about is that I managed to find the DVD of it. I figured something like that might have been out of print...

I haven't seen any other Michael Douglas movies, but I definitely think that this has to be one of his best. If not for him, then simply for the amazing script.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Bliss

Not embarassing at all. And ohyes, Michael Douglas. "I am Spartacus!" = Blissmelt.

...or was that Kirk?
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Mathim

No clue.

Has anyone seen Slither? That has to be one of the sicket horror flicks I've ever seen. I mean, if you want a fucked-up, scary-ish movie, that's the one for you.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Bliss

I've been meaning to see Slither. Lots of messed-up-ness + Nathan Fillion! Win!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Mathim

Never heard of him. But man, there's some of the grossest death scenes imaginable in that one. Look forward to it.

Maeven

Quote from: Bliss on August 18, 2008, 04:07:53 PM
Not embarassing at all. And ohyes, Michael Douglas. "I am Spartacus!" = Blissmelt.

...or was that Kirk?

Kirk... equally as melt-worthy.

My favorite Michael Douglas movie was Wall Street I think.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Bliss

He was in Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long blog as Captain Hammer, he was in Firefly/Serenity as Captain Malcolm Reynolds, he was o Drive, he was the evil priest in Season 7 of Buffy.... Might do better if you just IMDB him, though. :)

Yes Mae, all of the Douglas men... I would omnom them.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Cutter

Quote from: Bliss on August 18, 2008, 04:26:07 PM
I've been meaning to see Slither. Lots of messed-up-ness + Nathan Fillion! Win!

Slither is A-ok.

I just watched Shivers by David Cronenberg. The man is GOD!
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0

Mathim

Didn't Cronenberg do that movie Rabid? That one was horrible.

Cutter

Nah. Rabid was good. Rough I admit, but good.
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

King_Furby

Death Bed, the bed that eats people is pretty strange.

But the strangest movie has to be that one with the guy who played wolverine from x-men. It's called the fountin. It's wierd. It's about some guy who is like living many different realities at once. But he is in a fricken snowglobe a 3rd of the movie. it was so bad i had to turn it off after half and hour.

oh and "The brothers grim" was also one of the worst movies ever.

My fav movie ever is the guyver and guyver 2 dark hero. For some reason a superhero who has blades come out of his elbows is just awesome.

TheAnimeFanGirl

Recently in theaters, I've seen Kung Fu Panda and Hellboy II. They were really awesome. I really want to see Tropic Thunder. I love Jack Black and Ben Stiller, and it looks funny.
Cid the Lilty ♥ Viraveth the Selkie

(PM me if you'd like to rp with me in instant messengers)

Characters I'd like others to rp as

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.

King_Furby

I didn't really like hellboy, but hellboy 2 looks more interesting. Just as the hulk 2 looks more interesting then the first was. I hate setup stories of superheros alot of times.

i liked the hellboy 2 commericals. "over his red body" lol i found that funny.

Sugarman (hal)

Hellboy two was, in my opinion, well done
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Paradox

One of my favorites: Twelve Angry Men

You couldn't make a movie like that today. Most of the audience wants special effects and dazzling camera-work. An hour and a half of jurors sitting around talking would bomb.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Paradox on August 23, 2008, 05:06:46 PM

You couldn't make a movie like that today. Most of the audience wants special effects and dazzling camera-work. An hour and a half of jurors sitting around talking would bomb.
Here here.

Twelve Angry Men is awesome, was lucky enough to be in a stage version(not all males, obviously), sweet stuff all around.

Cutter

I'm on a Cronenberg kick

Videodrome.

Brilliant.

My On's and Off's :

Bliss

I found Hellboy II to be fun to watch, but a bit of a letdown after the hype of the trailers. Not nearly as epic as it was made out to be.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

TheAnimeFanGirl

Saw Tropic Thunder today. Dang, it was sooo funny! I don't wanna spoil anything, but Jack Black was freakin' hilarious! (By the way, if anyone knows of a Jack Black forum, let me know. I feel like joining one, but I can't find any)
Cid the Lilty ♥ Viraveth the Selkie

(PM me if you'd like to rp with me in instant messengers)

Characters I'd like others to rp as

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.

Lilias

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels last night on TV. Can't say I was terribly impressed. Good, just not great.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Mathim

I want to see Tropic Thunder but I really hope Ben Stiller doesn't fuck it up, he and Owen Wilson are two of the worst actors I've had the displeasure of seeing on screen. But Robert Downey Jr.'s faux black character sounds like enough to justify the movie on his own!

Has anyone seen Mystery Men? I hate to admit but it was a great movie that happened to have Ben Stiller in it. But William H. Macy, Geoffrey Rush and the rest of its all-star cast make it a really great misfit superhero movie. Pee-wee Herman as a guy with a super farting power, I can't believe South Park didn't do it first.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Paradox on August 23, 2008, 05:06:46 PM

Mmm, agree. The Dirty Dozen couldn't have been made today either, at least not as a major Hollywood film (no subplots of treachery and the Germans getting word of it? no hokey effects? no women?) but it's one of the best war films of its era, and the interplay between the unruly, insightful major and his bunch of picked men is engrossing to watch. It's like Blackboard Jungle set in a jailbirds' boot camp.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

didoanna

I think one of the weirdest is "Dressed to Kill" with Michael Caine in the lead role. To be fair he isn't too bad in the role but it is just such an odd film.

A guilty pleasure is the sci-fi gem, "Neon City".  The premise is brilliant but it is so low budget.