News:

Main Menu

Reading Comics Online

Started by Aragem, June 19, 2009, 09:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Okay, I am NOT asking where you can go to read comics online for free. 

I want to know if there is a site where you can PAY and be able to read a published comic online without having to wit for it to be shipped to you.

There is one comic I have been drooling over to get and it is Cliffjumper Spotlight.  And before I order it and wait two or three days to get it, I want to know if it is possible to read it online instead?

HairyHeretic

I know some of the comic publisher dabbled in online publishing, but I'm not aware off it having taken off in any major way.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Aragem

They should make it available online for a fee as well!

Some people, like me, have to drive out of town to get comics they want.  I can't afford to drive an hour or so out of town to get a comic for 3.99.  Gas prices are too high.

So if it was available online for a fee, then I would be so happy and not have to wait.

HairyHeretic

Is waiting a few days really that much of a killer? :)

Have you considered emailing the publishers and discussing the idea with them? Perhaps its something they've not thought of. I'm not sure what serving hosting and bandwidth costs would be like though, plus the rest of the physical infrastructure and web design to get it set up and maintained. If its a small publisher they may not have the budget for that, and lets face it, in the current economy, comics are a luxury, and luxurys are the first things set aside when cash is tight.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Aragem

Ugh, you're right.  I'll go ahead and order it then.  Maybe it'll get here by Monday or Tuesday.