Hogwarts - interest check

Started by SaturnsWings, September 21, 2009, 06:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

You are a wonderful person.  By the way, when I joined PRP, yours was the first ad I read
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

I'm just curious what PRP is?  Is it the personal RP site?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kckolbe

That would be the one.  Your ad is still there.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

Oh wow I haven't been on in so long, maybe I'll go there tonight to check up on it lol.  And it's sorta funny that mine was the first one you saw, I guess it's a good thing I want to enter this game than lol.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

SaturnsWings

I am currently typing up a more in-depth and reader friendly description. Does anybody want to lay claim to a canon character and place them in a position either in or out of Hogwarts or claim a position of authority? All professor positions are open except for Headmaster and the Minister of Magic is still unnamed. You may create a character for a position of authority and, of course, may double up so you can have a student as well. Full bios are not needed at this point but if you want to get a professor and feel the need to write one up, I won't stop you. :) Glad that I'm getting so many responses!

kckolbe

I will just play a student, never been a fan of playing canon chars.

Intro Thread

SaturnsWings

I totally understand which is why the positions are also open to created characters. I don't want canon all over this roleplay.

kckolbe

So, for characters, is there any type of sheet?  One thing I thought was kind of fun was to give each student a small number of personal spells, and on top of that a list of spells all students know (Lumos, for example).  Thoughts?

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: kckolbe on September 28, 2009, 06:22:06 PM
So, for characters, is there any type of sheet?  One thing I thought was kind of fun was to give each student a small number of personal spells, and on top of that a list of spells all students know (Lumos, for example).  Thoughts?
That's actually a great idea.  It could keep players from just pulling out super powerful spells that no one knows about.

Another idea could be a category on the character sheet that states a students specialty, forms of magic they are studying. Like occlumency, and animagus that sort of thing. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kckolbe

There is a great Harry Potter site that lists all the spells and what book they appear in.  Really cool stuff, and a great refresher.  http://www.hp-encyclopedia.com/index.php

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

Oooh awesome site. thanks for posting the link:)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Xanatos

For one, I play almost only females, and I do a good job. No one knows I am a male, unless it says so somewhere or I tell them... so two females if I join!

I would not be opposed to creating a person in authority and playing a student.

Now, I do like Harry Potter, but I am not sure where to get info on spells or if I would be doing it right and so forth. Could you PM me any relevant info, and Saturn, would you mind PMing me with the info you have so far for the game so I can better judge whether to get in or not? Thanks.

kckolbe

If you go up a few posts you'll see a link where it lists spells/potions, things like that.

Intro Thread

Avi

I could be persuaded to give this a shot.  I would definitely be interested in playing a Gryffindor or a Ravenclaw.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Goose

If you're looking for more specific character things, I'll sign up for being the Potion's Master, though I'd also like to be the Head of the Ravenclaw house. Obviously, it wouldn't be canon, but I don't think we have any canon knowledge of what'd be going on right now anyway.

Though, I'm not opposed to being a student if you need one.

SaturnsWings

Is there anybody who would like to copilot this with me? I've got a lot going on right now but don't want to completely hand over the reigns. I have something typed up on my own computer and if somebody is willing then please send me a PM and I'll pass it along to you and then together we can discuss changes, etc.

SaturnsWings

--EDIT-- There is a question as to where this should be placed, either in the NC group boards or the Bondage. Being placed in one or the other does not limit you to having to make your own stories NC or BON but please tell me where you think I should place this.

Goose, as you are the first person to lay claim to a professor, you may make a Potions Master that is Head of Ravenclaw house. Thank you for claiming a Head of House.

You may also be a student as well if you wish.

Post with character sheets and more specific information will be put up soon as well as a list of acceptable spells. Thank you to kckolbe for help on that with the link.

Goose

Excellent. :D

I don't know how good I would be at playing two characters at once- I get confused as it is trying to keep different RP's straight. Keeping two characters might be too much for me. Anyway, let me know so I can post a good character sheet.

kckolbe

Playing a student isn't required.  If you only wish to play one, you may.

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

I personally would rather have this game in Bon or even maybe light, but that's just me.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Archermonkey

Quote from: SaturnsWings on September 30, 2009, 03:14:03 PM
Is there anybody who would like to copilot this with me? I've got a lot going on right now but don't want to completely hand over the reigns. I have something typed up on my own computer and if somebody is willing then please send me a PM and I'll pass it along to you and then together we can discuss changes, etc.

As I mentioned the other day, I'm happy enough to help out to whatever extent my timetable permits.

Quote from: SaturnsWings on September 30, 2009, 07:57:41 PM
--EDIT-- There is a question as to where this should be placed, either in the NC group boards or the Bondage. Being placed in one or the other does not limit you to having to make your own stories NC or BON but please tell me where you think I should place this.

Like Dis, I prefer to think of this game as being Light for the most part... however I'm also a proponent of the theory that you should place games in the highest category that you think might be applicable at some point.  If, for example, someone uses and Imperius Curse on the target of their affections, that's NC, and it's a perfectly logical progression of the setting when done in a more openly sexual manner.  And that's to say nothing of Love Potions or Veela.  So given that, and the presence of mythical creatures in the setting, I'd say that it should go in NC Exotic.
I'm back!  I can't guarantee any specific schedule right now, but I'm trying to get going as best I can.
If I've been in a game with you in the past and you want to restart it, please let me know!  I've sent out a bunch of PMs about this, but I know I have to send more.

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
How to make the Monkey happy
~-~  ~-~  ~-~
[/td][td]       [/td][td]*

[/td][td]         [/td][td]
My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal
The Golden Spectre of Slavery <G>
[/td][td]         [/td][/tr][/table]

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Archermonkey on October 01, 2009, 08:00:59 PM
Like Dis, I prefer to think of this game as being Light for the most part... however I'm also a proponent of the theory that you should place games in the highest category that you think might be applicable at some point.  If, for example, someone uses and Imperius Curse on the target of their affections, that's NC, and it's a perfectly logical progression of the setting when done in a more openly sexual manner.  And that's to say nothing of Love Potions or Veela.  So given that, and the presence of mythical creatures in the setting, I'd say that it should go in NC Exotic.

I can agree with this logic.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Goose

Just wondering how this thread is coming along. It's been a week without any updates. Hopefully this doesn't get thrown out.

SaturnsWings

I apologize about my absence. Real life sickness got in the way. I am currently shelving the project for another week or so pending my good health returning. I promise!