MARVEL - A New Fate: Recruitment (Continually Recruiting)

Started by Veluux, October 30, 2012, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

yes it is, and yes you can, as long as the OC was subjected to "judgment" as per in the original post here.

Crash

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on March 03, 2013, 09:33:11 PM
Is this still recruiting? and can I have an OC hero?

As Apygoos said.  Yes and yes.  Do you have an idea for you OC that you would like to share.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

MelisaArtemis

Iris

Known Aliases: Hikari no Hime (Translated as Princess of Light), Hime
       Role: Healer and Support Attacker

Powers and Abilities:
     Enhanced physique: She is capable of near superhuman agility, strength and reflex but not enough to be considered extreme
     Light based magic: She can use magic to create her equipment and perform supportive magic such as barrier or healing

Training and Equipment:
     As a person herself, Mizuki is fairly intelligent though not enough to be called a genius though she is fluent in several language, English, Japanese, French and Germany. Her equipments that appears when she transformed is made of her own light magic, making them not only very light but also durable.

Background and History:
      Mizuki was just a 17 years old normal high school student when Apocalypse appeared in Japan and literally wreck the country apart. After the country fell under the attack, she was taken by the villain to his local base and subjected to the experiment of forced injection of "Judgment" serum which purely by luck and chance, she managed to endure and eventually overcome while others had failed and died or corrupted by it, including some people that she personally knew. Her struggle was rewarded when her magic manifested for the first time which she immediately put into use by blinding her guards. As her power is still very new and immature, it took all she could JUST to barely escape from the base and went into hiding where she met the local resistance. Since then, she had been active in helping the fight Apocalypse's reign in her homeland all the while refining her newly acquired power.

Faults and Weaknesses:
     Mizuki can be very compassionate and kind-hearted even to her enemies, almost naive, making her someone who is rather easy to manipulate by someone who knew how to appeal to her.
    Physically, although she possess the ability to move beyond normal human, her stamina is surprisingly low. Prolonged battle would be very disadvantageous for her. Moreover, although her trump card move possess massive destructive power, it is also a double-edged sword for her as it is a very time consuming move and drains her magic, physical and defense to the limit that most likely she will collapse of exhaustion afterward, making her extremely vulnerable if the enemy manage to evade, defend or even interrupt her attack.

Current Relations and Activity:
      Not much with the currently existing superheroes though she had heard of them but never actually met them although for some reason she looks up on Black Widow, Invisible Woman and Ms. Marvel. Since Apocalypse attack, she had retreated underground with the survivors and keep doing interference against Apocalypse activities at her homeland.

apygoos

are you trying to captivate /all/ my original characters with cute blonde Japanese ladies Melisa? :P
you've got Tom, for all we know you could possibly grab Jake, all you're missing is Skylar :P
just messing with ya of course though..or am i? :P

MelisaArtemis

apygoos

fun fact, she has pure light magic, weapon appears/vanishes at will..
Mid-Knight...Shadow armor/weapons..yea..lol.
She should go to LA, just sayin :P

MelisaArtemis

Well... someone gotta give her a lift. She has many power... flying isn't one of em

apygoos

Well if she heads into LA...she could be carried by Thor..or move into Mid-Knights Shadow phasing
aside from him, you also have Marcus, Thor..i think youll find plenty of ways to move around no matter where you go :P

MelisaArtemis

Well, for now, I need Veluux to give the ok first :P

VonDoom

Hmm. Interesting. Too bad my main interests (Doc Doom, Magneto) are already taken. Let's see. I'd be interested in starting with one character at most and there are a couple I'm potentially interested in. I figure I might as well just list them and see if any of those are particularly wanted and/or needed:

Dracula: The Lord of Vampires has a standing grudge against Apocalypse (if we consider the crossover comic featuring Apocalypse and Dracula canon) and has plenty of reasons to oppose him. Vampires do not evolve as the living do, but mutant blood is quite potent -- with a cadre of vampiric superhumans under his control, the mutant apocalypse might well turn into a vampiric nightmare. Luckily, Dracula realizes that too many vampires are a severe drain on his food supply and is quite a bit more sane than En Sabah Nur, so his might be the lesser evil.

Namor the Sub-Mariner: The Avenging Son already helped get rid of the last menace that declared itself the superior race. With pollution increasing and more and more aquatic mutants appearing, even the oceans are no haven from Apocalypse. Also, the on-again-off again villain BFF need to be reunited.

Mr. Sinister: The master scientist who shares much with his creator, Apocalypse, but certainly not his singular vision for the world. AoA-esque, I'd imagine him to have gone traitor after having been part of Apocalypse's leading cabinet.

Sebastian Shaw: What's the Black King of the Hellfire Club to do in a world in which luxuries and corruption aren't nearly the source of power they used to be? Why, build some Sentinels for the humans, of course! Definitely not influenced by the movie version, thank you.

King Hyperion: Interdimensionally stranded. Similar to Doom, the madman wants to take over for himself -- may be too powerful, however, considering he is basically an evil, even stronger version of the regular Hyperion.

Citizen V/Baron Zemo Jr.: Humanity must survive -- though hungry for greater power, submitting to the Apocalypse is not on the agenda. With many connections to various villains all over the world, perhaps it is time for the new Masters of Evil to wrestle power from the mutant overlord.

Venom/Eddie Brock:
In an apocalyptic world, even the greatest of grudges take a backseat. The Lethal Protector does what is needed, this new world seems even better suited for his brand of justice than the old.

Ghost Rider/Daniel Ketch: Penance Stare may be a wee bit too potent in this uncompromising setting, but the Spirit of Vengeance has much, much to do and little time.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

LunarSage

I may be willing to give up Magneto if you can seriously commit to the game, VonDoom.

We just want to make sure Magneto gets playtime in this plot.  I was using the comic book version of him rather than the movie version as well.

All in all though, it's Veluux's call.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

apygoos

*Venom*
Spidey: OH COME ON!
even though Venom is the closest to a solid one on one fight with Carnage..

Crash

Melisa - No OC will have powers before they were given Judgement.  I would suggest you go back and read the first post in the thread.  I also think personally that your powers are a little too powerful and varied.  I would suggest focusing more on the things you want to do well.  As it is I doubt Iris would not be accepted without a background and history re-write.

Apygoos - Veluux decides thread placement for new characters.  While we would all like a hot blonde in LA (other than Marcus) please don't pimp our thread. They are all good.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

apygoos

well in all honesty Tokyo seems like teh most logical placement for her, given ehr story, but then, people could be  /anywhere/ in this story, and each thread has a rather great cast of characters.

bubby

Quote from: VonDoom on March 04, 2013, 10:13:34 AM
Hmm. Interesting. Too bad my main interests (Doc Doom, Magneto) are already taken. Let's see. I'd be interested in starting with one character at most and there are a couple I'm potentially interested in. I figure I might as well just list them and see if any of those are particularly wanted and/or needed:

Dracula: The Lord of Vampires has a standing grudge against Apocalypse (if we consider the crossover comic featuring Apocalypse and Dracula canon) and has plenty of reasons to oppose him. Vampires do not evolve as the living do, but mutant blood is quite potent -- with a cadre of vampiric superhumans under his control, the mutant apocalypse might well turn into a vampiric nightmare. Luckily, Dracula realizes that too many vampires are a severe drain on his food supply and is quite a bit more sane than En Sabah Nur, so his might be the lesser evil.

Namor the Sub-Mariner: The Avenging Son already helped get rid of the last menace that declared itself the superior race. With pollution increasing and more and more aquatic mutants appearing, even the oceans are no haven from Apocalypse. Also, the on-again-off again villain BFF need to be reunited.

Mr. Sinister: The master scientist who shares much with his creator, Apocalypse, but certainly not his singular vision for the world. AoA-esque, I'd imagine him to have gone traitor after having been part of Apocalypse's leading cabinet.

Sebastian Shaw: What's the Black King of the Hellfire Club to do in a world in which luxuries and corruption aren't nearly the source of power they used to be? Why, build some Sentinels for the humans, of course! Definitely not influenced by the movie version, thank you.

King Hyperion: Interdimensionally stranded. Similar to Doom, the madman wants to take over for himself -- may be too powerful, however, considering he is basically an evil, even stronger version of the regular Hyperion.

Citizen V/Baron Zemo Jr.: Humanity must survive -- though hungry for greater power, submitting to the Apocalypse is not on the agenda. With many connections to various villains all over the world, perhaps it is time for the new Masters of Evil to wrestle power from the mutant overlord.

Venom/Eddie Brock:
In an apocalyptic world, even the greatest of grudges take a backseat. The Lethal Protector does what is needed, this new world seems even better suited for his brand of justice than the old.

Ghost Rider/Daniel Ketch: Penance Stare may be a wee bit too potent in this uncompromising setting, but the Spirit of Vengeance has much, much to do and little time.

If Lunar is indeed willing to give up Magneto, taking him, (with Vel's approval of course) would be the best choice. Sebastian Shaw would be an interesting choice, especially since my Selene might take umbrage to his presence. *Leers* Ghost Rider would just be fun methinks. The main thing to remember in this game is that there is no past relationship with Apocalypse.

Remember as well that poor Vel is a busy fella, and it takes him some time to get to things with his crazy work schedule. But he will get to it!

VonDoom

Ah, I hadn't looked into the GM updates thread yet, which specified that part. I suppose that makes Mister Sinister's canon background and character pretty much impossible to use (not to mention that he appears to be an NPC in use) and Dracula wouldn't have had the pleasure, which would be the main reason to actively get involved. Without that personal rivalry, he's far less interesting.

And I'm not sure about taking over from someone else -- I'll have to finish reading over the other threads first. Especially since he's recently been mind-controlled into joining the other side.

As for Sebastian ... well, obviously, anything that Selene took with her can't be the true Hellfire Club. Not while Sebastian Shaw still ... uh, well, mostly grinds his teeth for not getting in with the winning team before Selene did.  ;D
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

LunarSage

VonDoom, Magneto only got played very briefly before I picked him up and I have yet to make a single post with him... so he would be yours to do with as you will, whatever your vision of him.  The thing with Magneto was that his will is very strong and eventually he may be able to break free of Apocalypse's influence.

bubby

Quote from: LunarSage on March 04, 2013, 12:52:53 PM
VonDoom, Magneto only got played very briefly before I picked him up and I have yet to make a single post with him... so he would be yours to do with as you will, whatever your vision of him.  The thing with Magneto was that his will is very strong and eventually he may be able to break free of Apocalypse's influence.

This. *And flexes in her winning team-ness*  ;D

MelisaArtemis

Did major edit on my character. Hopefully its better now :)

Crash

Much more in line with the game Melisa. 

Thank you for re-working her.

LordMing

Is someone really taking Captain America?  If so I will figure something else out, but if not then Cap has always been my hero.
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

VoluptuousVixen

WHITE QUEEN

Known Aliases: Black Queen.
       Role: X-man, Teacher, Information extraction 

Powers and Abilities:
Emma Frost possesses telepathic abilities. Frost has been cited as a "World-class telepath". As a result of undergoing a body-wide secondary mutation, Frost now possesses the ability to transform her body into a flexible organic diamond form. In many ways, this is similar to Colossus' organic steel form. She must transform all parts of her body, rather than selectively transforming certain areas and can remain in this form for an undetermined amount of time. If she is rendered unconscious, Frost's body will automatically transform into its normal state. This transformation also alters Frost's personality, causing her to become rather cold-hearted and to lose her empathy for others. Emma does not have access to her telepathy while in her diamond form.

In her diamond form, Frost's physical strength is increased to superhuman levels. At her peak, she is able to lift approximately 2 tons. While transformed, Frost's muscle tissue becomes infinitely more efficient than the organic musculature of normal humans, or most other organic beings for that matter. Her muscles produce almost no fatigue toxins during physical activity, granting her almost limitless superhuman stamina, or at least until or unless she is forced to resume her normal state.

Training and Equipment:     
Emma Frost is an above average athlete and has had some training in hand-to-hand combat. During a training session in which Emma did not have access to her powers, Banshee attempted to make an example of her. Emma quickly, efficiently, and easily dispatched Banshee, much to his embarrassment.
Emma Frost is highly skilled in electronic theory and electronics and has learned how to build devices that can amplify psionic energy and utilize psionic energy for various effects.

Background and History:
Emma Grace Frost was a leading member of an old Boston mercantile family, which arrived from England in the 1600s. The second of three daughters, Emma also had an older brother, named Christian Frost, who had turned to substance abuse as an escape from the drudgery of his life. Emma was always considered the black sheep of the family.
She went to boarding school and was very unpopular and ended up having a affair with her teacher. Emma`s telepathic powers manifested and she was put in a mental institution by her family. Emma used her powers to escape, she quickly lived out on the streets of New York and eventfully made her way into the Hellfire Club. Emma rose from  dancer to the White Queen when Sebastian Shaw realised she was infact a mutant. Emma became hooked on drugs and drink. She had affairs with men such as Tony Stark and Namor . Eventually she came into contact with the X-men and fought them.
Emma opened up her own school with her students the Hellions. Tragically they were mostly killed, Emma ended up in the care of Charles Xavier. He ended up trusting her to teach his younger students with Sean Cassidy. Emma gained the trust of  Xmen and eventually became a teacher at the main school. While there she dealt with her secondary mutation and an expansion of her powers. She started an affair with Scott Summers who was married to Jean Grey at the time. When jean was killed Scott and Emma officially started dating and she became headmistress of the School.

Faults and Weaknesses:

While in her normal state, Frost has all the physical frailties and vulnerabilities any ordinary human has. While she is much stronger and more durable in her diamond form, her body can be shattered if she were to be hit in a certain area that has a flaw, much as an actual diamond will. Also, while in her diamond form, Frost is unable to access her telepathic abilities.

Current Relations and Activity:
Emma was with her boyfriend Scott Summers when the attack started. She is helping to recruit young mutants across the globe and bring them to Charles Xaviers School for Gifted Youngsters. Emma switched into Diamond form when the attacks occurred which protected her.

LunarSage

lois, can you please repost that without the quotes so we can more easily copy the code?

VoluptuousVixen

Is that ok?: Just waiting for Cal to do his Scott Summers bio.
I think these two should start off together. BTW what is the state of the Xavier School?
Could somone like Illyiana Rasputin teleport out the younger students to a safer location?
And I was wondering if we could kill off any characters?

I was thinking Mabye Dazzler? Angel? Hellion? Cannanball? and Karma were all killed in the attack?

Thoughts people.

LunarSage

Quote from: loislanekent on April 10, 2013, 11:39:31 AM
Is that ok?: Just waiting for Cal to do his Scott Summers bio.
I think these two should start off together. BTW what is the state of the Xavier School?

Could somone like Illyiana Rasputin teleport out the younger students to a safer location?
And I was wondering if we could kill off any characters?

I was thinking Mabye Dazzler? Angel? Hellion? Cannanball? and Karma were all killed in the attack?

Thoughts people.

The mansion is completely destroyed, including the underground areas.  Next to no one survived.

We will have a list of the major dead characters up soon, but for now it's best to assume that like 90% of the mutants at the school were killed. 

As far as Illyana, she's definitely one of the dead.