Dystopian Death Race: the Dernier Cri (Megacity sandbox, open, drivers needed)

Started by BlueEyedBard, January 01, 2019, 01:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

I'm not sure there's much for a 'navigator' to do, since the races are done in a kind of Colosseum and not on an open course like in Deathrace.

Revna

Quote from: firepyre on January 12, 2019, 03:00:48 PM
Really like the concept, but...

What about the navigators? I see lots of drivers, but I feel like there's a lot of wasted potential without the back and forth between driver and navigator.
I personally would love one. You mean the co pilot extra person that every death race has.

BlueEyedBard

In my mind each course was pretty well mapped out. In the cases of the gate races and zone races, there are glowing areas guiding the racers through the course.

But if a driver wants a copilot to ride along with them, I don't have a problem with that. I've never been against teams on the track.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Revna

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 12, 2019, 07:14:56 PM
In my mind each course was pretty well mapped out. In the cases of the gate races and zone races, there are glowing areas guiding the racers through the course.

But if a driver wants a copilot to ride along with them, I don't have a problem with that. I've never been against teams on the track.
They also helped pointing out when things are open and really do the weapons and shield and all that fun stuff.

Captain Whitebread

Damn you for having such an awesome premise when I am so busy

That is all.

For now

There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 16, 2019, 10:48:37 AM
Damn you for having such an awesome premise when I am so busy

That is all.

For now
Isn't that just the way it goes.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

Captain Whitebread

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on January 16, 2019, 08:34:23 PM
Tentatively....

'The Butcher's Block'
Can I get a "BOW-WOW" over here?

But seriously, I hope the mouth opens to bite other cars...
On/Off

Captain Whitebread

BlueEyedBard

Hey everyone still looking at this game and thinking "I don't know, this may not be wild and violent enough for me..."
The first race has started, so check it out!
Race day thread

Just because the first race has started does not mezn it is too late to join. Recruitment is always open. So feel free to send those character sheets in!
On/Off

Captain Whitebread

Faceclaim: Andrei Arlovski
Player name: Captain Whitebread
Character Name:Butcher
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality: Quiet, bad tempered and mean, unless approached in exactly the right way.

THE OLD VETERAN WHO IS JUST TOO TOUGH TO DIE QUIETLY

Bio:Nobody calls Butcher anything other that Butcher.  No one really knows if it is his real name, his original occupation or something he picked up along the way.  He's been a fixture in Dernier Cri for decades, slowly getting greyer but always there.  Some say he's old enough to remember The First Race; Butcher himself says nothing on the subject.   He just goes about his business unmolested, unless somebody has a death wish.  He's got a savage temper and on more than one occasion has left a cocky young Racer on the ground in a puddle of his own body fluids using nothing but his two fists.  The number who claim to have witnessed these events could fill a small stadium.

No one knows where he came from or when he joined the race; he's just always been there.  What people do know is that he can fix almost anything (for a price), doesn't trust the Providence Corporation any further than he can throw it and is a fervent supporter of empowering the poor.  It’s made him a few enemies but he’s remarkably difficult to kill.

Vehicle: The Butcher's Block

According to rumour, Butcher salvaged the vehicle from a skirmish with a wannabe racer pack, pulling and pushing it the seven miles back to his garage and taking almost three years to get it working as well as he wanted it to.  Now is seats four, can hit 170 mph on straight level ground and has a back-up electric drive that will run it for several hours but at less than half speed.  Butcher doesn't trust the electric system but if he's anything, he's practical.  According to all reports, the Butcher’s Block has never regenerated.

He uses refined diesel fuel to run the vehicle, either  when he is racing in the Dernier Cri or running information or supplies to different parts of Avalon. 

The steel skin is a 1/4“ thick and sheds most small arms, as well as being fireproof and capable of being pounded back into shape if someone manages to dent it.  The steel jaws are powered by hydraulics; there isn’t much they can’t crush, assuming it can fit inside the open mouth.  They also conceal a flamethrower that belches napalm.  Butcher uses it as a last resort because it blocks his vision for a few precious seconds and makes him drive through his own field of fire.  He can lay down an oil slick or, if things are truly desperate, he can drop his entire electric drive system as a makeshift barricade or one shot weapon.

On/Off - Character:Link to my On\Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=231026.msg11353820#msg11353820 which mirror Butcher’s

Rel Mayer

I’ll be making a character sheet this weekend. The IC looks badass.

BlueEyedBard

Whitebread, would you be good enough to pm your character sheet to me?
Thank you!

Can't wait to see what you come up with Rel ^•^
On/Off

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 18, 2019, 12:45:05 AM
Whitebread, would you be good enough to pm your character sheet to me?
Thank you!

Can't wait to see what you come up with Rel ^•^

Done!

BlueEyedBard

Hey folks, this is a quick shoutout to the addition of another to the leaderboard...
The Butcher go check him out, and then see how he does in the races!
On/Off

Captain Whitebread

Amarlo

Here is my character submission. Also, as a side note, I am looking for a driver, as my character is a pit-crewmen. ^^; If you're interested, please pm me!

@Gm - I also took some creative liberties with her background in regards to your setting. >> Please let me know if I need to change anything. I am more than happy to negotiate.

Mercy
Player name: Amarlo
Character Name: Mercedes Earhart
Nicknames: Mercy, Sadie, Rabbit, Bun-buns. (Feel free to add your own)
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality:
Clever | Analytical | Misleading | Self-contradictory | Bossy | Inquisitive | Cultured | Thrill-seeker | Cagey | Compassionate | Rebellious | Studious | Observant | Reflective | Deceptive

Misplaced Rabbit

Bio:
My story? Oh eesh, well that might take a while… I suppose I’ll try to keep this as short and sweet as possible. My father, as he always said, named me Mercedes because it would have been the car he owned hadn't I taken root in my mother so quickly. Incidentally, my little brother's name is Bentley - but that’s neither here nor there.

To help give you a better understanding I’ll start out with a bit of family background story time. While I grew up in one of the most beautiful provinces Avalon had to offer, it was also once one of the most criminally influenced. Endcliff was, and still is, the capital and home for the Carnella syndicate and harbors over 20 known Carnella clans within its borders and the surrounding area. The Earhart family, my family that is ;) , had deep roots among the Carnella and held several of the clans beneath their thumb once. I know this because my father is ridiculously proud of his heritage. -eye roll.- Regardless, while the Carnella’s hands still aren’t quite clean, they are more of a conglomerate corporation consisting of multiple subsidiaries - the clans - and a board of directors these days.

As such, my young life consisted of a variety of dangerous politics, of which I had little say or sway in. I was not treated unlike many of the women born into the Carnella, and unlike my brothers, whom would be groomed to one day run the family business, I was taught that my own contribution consisted of little more than growing in beauty and grace. To them, it was important that I eventually secure a powerful husband - A horrible little slime-ball of a brat from Dominion Inc. at that - and bear him powerful sons. Gross...

Unfortunately for them, I, Mercedes Earhart, was a natural born rebel. They thought they were producing a beautiful young lady – a wonderful bargaining chip – but I didn’t see myself in the same light. Early on I had to learn to play my cards carefully – present my family with the vision of everything they wanted me to be. That way they wouldn’t feel like they had to keep a close eye on me. You could only imagine their surprise, and complete lack of delight, when they discovered me among the ‘abhorrent riffraff’ actively sabotaging their industry.

Anyways, it didn’t take them long to realize that this wasn’t just a first time occurrence. A little bit of investigating, a couple thousand dollars later and they suddenly realized their little princess wasn’t quite as perfect as they thought… To put it simply, I’d been hanging out with what they considered ‘swill’ for years now. So I was ultimately given an ultimatum. Either I became the cultured corporate-princess bride they had been grooming me all my life to become or lose everything I ever had. Sadly, in my eyes the two were not mutually exclusive. If I chose the latter I knew I would lose my entire family, but if I chose the first, not only would I be sacrificing my principles, but any dream of freedom and independence I had ever had. So I made the only choice I really could make.

So... naturally my parents kicked me out, cut off my funds, and forced the entire family to turn their backs on me. Yeah… And it didn’t exactly stop there either. I became a social outcast within my own class, painted out to be some harlot that was brainwashed into betraying her family. Whatever, fine. - but do you know what I did first? Pierced my eyebrow, got a couple of tattoos and dyed my hair fluorescent fucking pink. Why? Because fuck them. If they’re not holding my balls hostage by the pocketbook anymore then I don’t have to follow their stupid rules either, right?

But... I probably should have thought a little longer on that Where’s Waldo Tattoo…

Ahem, anyways, It didn’t really take me long to realize what they had actually done to me. No, I’m not talking about the funds and abandonment and all that - that’s a whole different bag of fun. I’m talking about the way they raised me. The way they sheltered me. The way they censored the world and hid reality from me like mom hid her vibrator from dad. All these years they weren’t just grooming me to be a lady, they were grooming me to be completely dependent on them. They wanted to be my drug and my dealer all at once. It was a control thing, and I was quickly discovering just how tough the world was when you were off the leash. I had no real marketable skills... Paying bills was a whole new concept to me. So was living without a tab - Thanks for blacklisting me, Dad! I mean, I hung out with ‘peasants’ before, but I really had no idea just how freaking tough they had it!

Nothing like hoping out of the frying pan and into the fire, huh…? Now I'm on one of my homie's pit crews. Guess I got that exciting life I was dreaming of!

Vehicle: Pit Crewmen, does not own one.
On/Off - Character: Ons & Offs

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Rel Mayer

Miss Shayla
Player name: Rel Mayer
Character Name: Miss Shayla
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality:

Miss Shayla is cool and collected at most times. She's the type of woman that was born into the world of luxury and had pleasantly stayed there for a while. She enjoys the spotlight on her, people listening to her instructions, and doesn't mind doing what it takes to get people and cars to submit to her wrath so she can win a race. She's known for mental mind games with her racers, and also playing dirty. People can always guarantee that there will be a gruesome mess if Miss Shayla really wants to win the race.

She's a crowd favorite, even if she doesn't quite win all of the races. People seem to be drawn toward her attitude, regal look, and sometimes punishing demeanor. She's more popular with the younger crowd, because the older crowd knows there is something lurking under there. Something not quite right with Miss Shayla, like she's hiding something behind her entitled attitude. But, they usually look aside because she has that old fashioned feel to her, combined with calm eyes that always feel like they're ten steps ahead of people. Yet somehow, always, under her thumb.

The secret known to very, very few is that she's from Endcliff City.

Bio:

Miss Shayla grew up in Endcliff City. Her childhood was perfect and she had no reason to want for anything in her entire life. Technology gave her everything she could ever need or aspire to want, and she learned skills with the finest education. The woman went through very few hardships, and was pleasantly spoiled most of her life. She liked having control of things like her schedule. What she wore. At a young age, she had quite an interest for only wearing the colors black. She said it made her feel like one of those 'cool cats' from the old movies. Fashion was readily available.

A lot of people wonder why she would resort herself to participating in races, but she liked the thrill. Even as a child people thought that something was off with her. She wasn't afraid to play a mental game that would cause a young kid to continually slap themselves into tears when she was a child. Or manipulating small minded children of her youth to kiss the ground that her poised feet walked on. As an adult, she realized that the true power came from how people were willing to respect you. This was when Shayla realized she loved being worshiped.

The perfect avenue was the races. To be famous, like one of the racers trying to become who she was, and to risk their lives. Be all over the television. It was perfect, plus she could see a blood mess along the way. It was odd for a woman who looked out for control in so many things -- suddenly became addicted to the thrill. She's not the best, but she'll bloody damn try her hardest. She had to hide her face with a large hat that casts a shadow on half from people like her parents or others recognizing her, but it's worth it to hide her pretty face.

She cares little for anything else that goes on the outside, but she's learned to accept people who get accepted to live among her class. She doesn't waste her thoughts with politics and social. No one knows her secret, but a few close friends in Endcliff who wouldn't dare to say. However, with events on the horizon... she may be forced to reckon with it.

Vehicle:

Black Beauty

Usually there are guns hoisted on the top of the car that she can use. A very important ashtray for her cigarettes while she smokes.

On/Off - Character: Missy is primarily dominant with a preference toward submissive women. She's known to take a few men to bed, but rarely does she not like being the one in control in sexual and social situations. Also, read O&O in the signature for specifics.

BlueEyedBard

Hey everyone, sorry about the radio silence on my end. We are remodeling our bathroom this weekend so I won't have tome to do anything until Monday. So please bear with me.

If you are submitting a character and have posted them here, please PM them to me. I promise I will look them over and get back to you.

Sorry again for this hold up, I promise it will be worth it... (for me, as you will not get to use me remodeled bathroom 😉 )
On/Off

Rel Mayer

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on January 19, 2019, 07:52:37 PM
Hey everyone, sorry about the radio silence on my end. We are remodeling our bathroom this weekend so I won't have tome to do anything until Monday. So please bear with me.

If you are submitting a character and have posted them here, please PM them to me. I promise I will look them over and get back to you.

Sorry again for this hold up, I promise it will be worth it... (for me, as you will not get to use me remodeled bathroom 😉 )

Jealous... remodeled bathroom sounds awesome!

Captain Whitebread

My bathroom needs redoing.  So does the roof.  And the plumbing....

BlueEyedBard

Hey spectators, we just got our first Mechanic!
The speed freak, Mercedes Earhart!
Check her out on the character thread, and see that the fun doesn't have to be limited to racers!
On/Off

Captain Whitebread

BlueEyedBard

Hey there everyone, I just wanted to give a shoutout to the newest racer on the leaderboard: The leather clad mistress of the track, Miss Shayla!
Check her out on the character thread!
On/Off