Lune de la Louisiane~Modern supernatural fantasy, All Welcome; RECRUITING!

Started by persephone325, March 15, 2018, 03:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Lune de la Louisiane
Louisiana's Moon

A modern day supernatural fantasy

Quick Overview
GM - Persephone325 (Sephie)
Genre - Urban fantasy
Category - Extreme
Characters per person - As many as you can handle
Open to - Everyone

Special Thanks

Black Howling - For letting me throw ideas at his face, and helping with things. ^^
Esoteric Myobi - Again, for letting me throw ideas at her face, and letting me talk her ear off. <3
Rampant Desires - For her lovely map editing. I can't thank you enough for that!
Amaris - Also for her editing help with the game logo. It looks absolutely lovely, darlin'!
Hyacinth - Without you, I wouldn't have this lovely face claim table! Thank you so very much for that! ;D

Threads
OOC Thread
Character Sheets

Louisiana

Louisiana. New Orleans. The Bayou State. Child of the Mississippi. Whatever you know it as; it's a place of wonder and magic. Quite literally, in fact. Recently, the existence of supernatural creatures have been brought to light. Vampires, werewolves, shifters, and witches were living among the humans as if they belonged there. For years they blended in and kept up a convincing ruse. Few humans knew of their existence. Those who did, were usually family, or extremely close friends of the supernaturals.

But, with the revelation came the downside. Humans became fearful of everyone they didn't know. The numbers of hate crimes, robberies, and attempted murders rose exponentially. Until certain laws were put in place to, somewhat, protect the new citizens. In Louisiana, these laws can sometimes border on unjust. However, they were able to quell the sudden burst of crime against the supernaturals.

Humans have learned to stay indoors when the sun goes down; for the supernaturals can freely roam the streets.

Map

Silver - Werewolf territory
Blue - Witch territory
Green - Shifter territory
Red - Vampire territory
Baton Rouge is neutral territory
Humans aren't restricted to living in certain territories

Thanks to the lovely Rampant Desires for editing the map for me! <3

The Supernaturals

Vampires
Leader - Calleigh Collins

Vampires are sun intolerant. They can withstand minor exposure to sunlight for short periods of time. These supernaturals require blood to sustain themselves; human or animal. They can also eat regular food, but won't gain as much sustenance from it as they would with blood. Vampires can create other vampires from humans; willing or unwilling. Their bite injects the human with a venom that causes sharp pain upon the injection site. However, vampires have the ability to numb the pain and cause the recipient to, instead, feel immense pleasure. Shortly thereafter, the venom causes the human to fall into a deep sleep. This can last anywhere from eight (8) to twenty-four (24) hours. In rare cases, it may be more or less time.

Mandatory Powers - Blood consumption/empowerment, immunity to diseases, flight, immortality, supernatural beauty, enhanced agility/reflexes/endurance/durability
Optional Powers - Wallcrawling, telepathy, telekinesis, pain inducement, pleasure inducement, empathy, daywalking

Relationships
Werewolves - Allies
Shifters - Neutral
Witches - Allies

Werewolves
Leader - Connall Hunter

Werewolves are bound by the cycle of the moon. They are hurt by silver, and wolfsbane (in large quantities) can kill them. They have three forms; human, wolf, and werewolf. These supernaturals thrive in packs, so it is not uncommon for packs to be comprised of blood family members. Werewolves can turn humans by biting into the neck (and no place else) of the human. They have to be careful not to kill the human by biting too deep. But wolves are natural hunters, and have a keen sense of how deep or shallow to bite their prey. The bite releases pheromones into the human that basically change them into a wolf. The newly infected human will undergo their first transformation the night of the next full moon. For example, if a human was bitten with the intent to become a wolf then they would have to wait until the next full moon for their transformation to occur. Young wolves are unable to control when they change. During the full moon, changing is inevitable for all wolves.

Mandatory Powers - Enhanced senses, enhanced strength/durability/reflexes/agility, regenerative healing
Optional Powers - Lunar empowerment, lunar mind, feral mind, claws (while in human form), fur generation

Relationships
Vampires - Allies
Shifters - Tense
Witches - Neutral

Shifters
Leader - Maximillian Caulfield

Shifters are similar to werewolves, except they can change into any animal they have physically seen. The shifter has to make an "imprint" upon the animal it wishes to change into. So, they would be unable to change into a unicorn if they've only seen a picture of it. It is impossible for a shifter to take the form of another human being. The human brain is much more complex than animal brains. Those shifters that have attempted to take the form of another person have died from the process. Like wolves, silver is very harmful to them.

Mandatory Powers - Enhanced senses, memory absorption (from whatever they shift into), regenerative healing
Optional Powers - Partial transformation, non-organic transformation, malleable anatomy

Relationships
Vampires - Neutral
Werewolves - Tense
Witches - Allies

Witches
Leader - Astrid Girard

Witches are the closest comparison to actual humans. However, they are able to harness the powers of magic for beneficial, or sinister reasons. They age somewhat slower than normal humans, but are not immortal like vampires. Anything that can harm, or kill, a human can also harm/kill a witch. Witches are easily able to mingle with humans, as they do not usually have any identifying characteristics.

Mandatory Powers - Spell Craft, potion creation, selection of Seven Wonders appropriate to skill level
Optional Powers - Injury Transference, Power Negation, Clairvoyance, The Sight
The Seven Wonders: Telekinesis, Concilium, Pyrokinesis, Divination, Transmutation, Vitalum Vitalis, and Descensum

Relationships
Vampires - Allies
Werewolves - Neutral
Shifters - Allies

Rules For Magic
~Dead is dead. Vitalum Vitalis is magic that is very rarely used, as most witches understand the circle of life. However, there are those rare exceptions...
~Magic is taxing on the user. The more powerful it is, the more the user will be fatigued.
~Younger magic users are more likely to make mistakes, as they are still learning.
~Aside from the seven wonders, witches can utilize Spell Craft for rituals that have versatile effects. These are more creative, extremely taxing, time consuming, and often require more then one witch to perform.
~Witches are ranked in skill level: Untrained, Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Skilled, Expert, Master, and Supreme in accordance with how many of the seven wonders they have mastered. Please keep in mind that a witch's powers increase as they age, so choose your competence level accurately.
          ~Untrained - 0, Novice - 1, Apprentice - 2, Adept - 3, Skilled - 4, Expert - 5, Master - 6, Supreme - 7
~There can only be one Supreme witch leading the coven. When her time has come, a new Supreme takes her place as leader.

Disclaimer: Much of the Witches magic was directly borrowed from AHS: Coven as a means to balance things, while not seeming like an RPG. More info about the magic used in that series can be gathered from this link.

The Rules

Game:

• Section the Game will be placed in and whether it is a system game or not. Freeform Extreme, most likely.
  • Who is the RP open to? Everyone!
  • Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot. Players can take on the role of a supernatural creature, or a human, living in modern day Louisiana.
  • Setting. Modern day Louisiana.
  • Plot Outline. Supernatural creatures have come to light in Louisiana. Humans are fearful, but so far nothing has happened to prove that these supernaturals are a threat to the people.
  • Character creation info/guidelines if any. Just the character sheet.
  • Required Resources (If any) None.
  • Game Pacing. I'm going to be more lax on this, as I work two jobs at the moment. Bottom line, just everyone know if you'll be away for a while. Or if you're bowing out. Thank you in advance. <3
  • How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any? It's not a smut-driven game, but I'm not banning any sexual activity.
  • Whether tagging will be used or not. Yes. I'll provide a code.
Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)

• Will there be a Co-GM? Doubtful.
  • How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)? Sandbox with occasional GM run events.
  • What extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details? I expect certain player characters to want to own their own businesses or stuff. That's fine. Just let me know.
  • How NPC's will be handled. (If any) There are GM only NPCs, and players can create any if they need/want to.
  • How active will the GM be? As active as I can be with two jobs.
  • Will there be an OOC thread? Yes.
  • How to contact/approach GM with questions? OOC thread, or PM.
  • How will decisions be resolved? Players are encouraged to resolve situations themselves, but I will step in when needed.
  • Will PvP be allowed (if applicable)? Yes.
Additional:

• Please familiarize yourself with The Oath of The Drake.
  • Respect other player's ons and offs, as well as opinions or thoughts they express.
  • The game will always be open for recruitment, though certain races might be closed off for a time if we get an influx of sheets for them.
  • Third person, past tense writing style.
  • FOR THE LOVE OF BUCKY BARNES...DO NOT GOD-MOD!! I will sick my White Wolf on you. >.>
  • Please respect the GM(s) decisions. If you're confused about something the GM(s) said, don't be afraid to PM them about it.
  • The GM(s) also has the final say on who is admitted to the game; likewise you will be kicked out if you disrespect other players and/or continuously break rules.
  • Please confirm that you have read and understand the rules.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Character Sheets
~Feel free to add additional pictures to your sheet.
~The leader spot for the Werewolves is OPEN. If you are submitting a character sheet for this spot, please make sure your history is in depth and the character is the appropriate age for the position.
~The leaders for the Shifters and Witches are old and getting ready to pass on. They will die during the course of the game, and players are welcome to submit character sheets for the positions if they wish. However, you may only have one character in a leader position; so choose wisely.
~These positions are not on a first come-first serve basis.
~Please make sure the word "Louisiana" is somewhere in your message subject!
~PM all sheets to persephone325.

Human
Name:
Nickname: (If applicable)
Relationship Status:
Orientation:

Family: (If applicable)

Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Other Distinguishing Features:

Personality:

History: No less than three paragraphs.

Residence: Choose a section on the map where your character resides.

Ons:
Offs:

Face Claim:

Code
[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eKNb8n6dB9o/StunWhM-d5I/AAAAAAAADnQ/b8BqYGoCO64/s200/place+photo+here.jpg[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b] (If applicable)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Relationship Status:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Family:[/b] (If applicable)

[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Other Distinguishing Features:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b] No less than three paragraphs.

[b]Residence:[/b] Choose a section on the map where your character resides.
[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]

[b]Face Claim:[/b]

Supernaturals

Name:
Nickname: (If applicable)
Optional race name here (If they chose one)
Age (Looks/Actual): Vampires - 1500, Werewolves - 500, Shifters - 300, Witches - 150
Sex:
Relationship Status:
Orientation:

Family: (If applicable)

Species:
Powers: Include all mandatory and optional powers.

Height:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Other Distinguishing Features:

Personality:

History: No less than three paragraphs.

Residence: Choose a section on the map where your character resides.

Ons:
Offs:

Face Claim:

Code
[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eKNb8n6dB9o/StunWhM-d5I/AAAAAAAADnQ/b8BqYGoCO64/s200/place+photo+here.jpg[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age (Looks/Actual):[/b] Vampires - 1500, Werewolves - 500, Shifters - 300, Witches - 150

[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b] Include all mandatory and optional powers.

Face Claims

Code (Female FC) Select
[b][color=#8B008B]FC Name[/color][/b] plays [i][url]Character Name[/url][/i]
Code (Male FC) Select
[b][color=#006400]FC Name[/color][/b] plays [i][url]Character Name[/url][/i]
Code (Female Reserve) Select
[b][color=#8B008B]FC Name[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Writer Name[/i]
Code (Male Reserve) Select
[b][color=#006400]FC Name[/color][/b] reserved for [i]Writer Name[/i]

Females

A
Adriana Lima plays Morrigan Aensland
Amy Lee plays Calleigh Collins
B
C
D
E
F
Fenix Fatalist plays Roza Rosu
G
H
Helena Bonham Carter plays Astrid Girard
I
J
K
Kat Dennings plays Scarlet Bailey
Kat Dennings plays Savanna Bailey
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
Scarlett Johansson plays Vanessa King
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Males

A
B
C
Charles Michael Davis plays Gabriel Victor Stone
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
Kurt Russell plays Maximillian Caulfield
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Reserves

A
B
C
D
E
Eliza Dushku reserved for Chantarelle
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
Sebastian Stan reserved for ff
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Red - Vampires
Blue - Witches
Green - Shifters
Grey - Werewolves
Black - Humans
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Phoenixrisen

This looks lovely, and like great fun. I'd love to join you, if you'll have me! :)
A character sheet should be in your inbox by end of day.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

la dame en noir

I'm really looking to write again and this is amazing. Urban Fantasy is where it's at and I'll give anything to play a character in the state my family is from. I wanna write a witch!
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Wolfling72

plants flag of interest....for male shifter or female wolf...*decisions, decisions*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

persephone325

Hey everyone! So happy to see some interest! :-)

I'll be out with my dad tonight for a few hours, but feel free to ask questions or reserve face claims or submit sheets! I already have one I'll look at when I get back. ^^
I don't know.

bubby

oOoOOOOOoooooOOOOOO!!!!

Me me me!!!!

Werewolf!!! I don't think I want as high as leader but could there be an Enforcer type??

OH OH and I want to faceclaim Gina Harrison!

persephone325

Quote from: bubby on March 17, 2018, 03:21:07 AM
oOoOOOOOoooooOOOOOO!!!!

Me me me!!!!

Werewolf!!! I don't think I want as high as leader but could there be an Enforcer type??

Welcome, welcome! ^^

I don't see why that couldn't be an option! If worse comes to worse and nobody wants to take the Wolf Pack Leader, then I'll just whip up an NPC for the spot.
I don't know.

bubby

Quote from: persephone325 on March 17, 2018, 03:32:57 AM
Welcome, welcome! ^^

I don't see why that couldn't be an option! If worse comes to worse and nobody wants to take the Wolf Pack Leader, then I'll just whip up an NPC for the spot.

I'd go for leader but I'm not really into my char dying.... she's just too awesome for that...  ::) YAY! I'll work on a char sheet tomorrow then. Off to bed!

persephone325

Quote from: bubby on March 17, 2018, 03:36:15 AM
I'd go for leader but I'm not really into my char dying.... she's just too awesome for that...  ::) YAY! I'll work on a char sheet tomorrow then. Off to bed!

No problem! I can't wait to see what you come up with. ;D
I don't know.

Deamonbane

If the position is still open, I had an idea for the Werewolf Pack Leader involving Charlie Hunnam.

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Wolfling72

Will be sending you a female shifter sometime today for your approval...

Gonna use Arlenis Sosa for face claim....

Also are shifters born or made??
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

bubby

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 17, 2018, 07:00:43 AM
If the position is still open, I had an idea for the Werewolf Pack Leader involving Charlie Hunnam.

*LATCHES to*

Also, my face claim: Gina Harrison

persephone325

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 17, 2018, 07:00:43 AM

Indeed it is! Also, hello! Long time no see. ^^

Quote from: Wolfling72 on March 17, 2018, 11:23:54 AM
Will be sending you a female shifter sometime today for your approval...

Gonna use Arlenis Sosa for face claim....

Also are shifters born or made??

Will note this!

I'd say they can be either, but more of them are born that way I feel. That actually wasn't something I had thought of, so thanks for bringing it to my attention! I don't know as much about them as vampires or witches. With the Shifter leader NPC, he was born that way.

Quote from: bubby on March 17, 2018, 01:40:35 PM
*LATCHES to*

Also, my face claim: Gina Harrison

Noted!
I don't know.

RampantDesires

Well hell ... tentatively saying ...

Marian Kurpanov reserved for Rampant

Because the world needs more almost too pretty vampires :P

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Phoenixrisen

You mean several of my favorite people are submitting characters? This move needs to get over quick. >.<
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

persephone325

Quote from: RampantDesires on March 17, 2018, 03:28:42 PM
Well hell ... tentatively saying ...

Marian Kurpanov reserved for Rampant

Because the world needs more almost too pretty vampires :P

^^ Hey there, lovely map editor! lol
I don't know.

RampantDesires

I miiiiiiiight have been planning this from the minute I was like "wait, shouldn't the Vampires get New Orleans..."  ::)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

persephone325

Quote from: RampantDesires on March 17, 2018, 04:02:39 PM
I miiiiiiiight have been planning this from the minute I was like "wait, shouldn't the Vampires get New Orleans..."  ::)

XD Ulterior motives!! :O
I don't know.

CShades

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

persephone325

Quote from: CShades on March 17, 2018, 04:13:42 PM
Durn it, Persephone. I still owe you a vampire.

lol This was all just an elaborate ploy to get you to play a vampire opposite me! :P

Joking aside, hey stranger! :-)
I don't know.

la dame en noir

I'm reserving two face claims because I want to make a witch and a shapeshifter, but I'm not sure which one I'm going to use for which lol

Zoe Kravitz reserved for la dame en noir

Manaka reserved for la dame en noir
A&A | FxF |

persephone325

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 17, 2018, 04:22:55 PM
I'm reserving two face claims because I want to make a witch and a shapeshifter, but I'm not sure which one I'm going to use for which lol

Zoe Kravitz reserved for la dame en noir

Manaka reserved for la dame en noir

Got them marked down for you! :-)
I don't know.

Wolfling72

Quote from: persephone325 on March 17, 2018, 02:57:42 PM
Indeed it is! Also, hello! Long time no see. ^^

Will note this!

I'd say they can be either, but more of them are born that way I feel. That actually wasn't something I had thought of, so thanks for bringing it to my attention! I don't know as much about them as vampires or witches. With the Shifter leader NPC, he was born that way.

Noted!

Only reason this mattered was for her back story/history so thank you for answering!! (I will be slightly basing my shifter on  the Faith Hunter series starring Jane Yellowrock ie she uses fetishes for animals she has not previously shifted into before with a heavy preference for North American Big Cats) Will be sending you the CS as soon as I add a few touches.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Marie Reynolds

Hello I might be interested. I have some questions before I decide between Shifter or Vampire.

So how do day walkers work in this world. Would we look to Blade , Vampire hunter D or White Wolf Style Dhampiys?

persephone325

Quote from: Wolfling72 on March 17, 2018, 04:35:44 PM
Only reason this mattered was for her back story/history so thank you for answering!! (I will be slightly basing my shifter on  the Faith Hunter series starring Jane Yellowrock ie she uses fetishes for animals she has not previously shifted into before with a heavy preference for North American Big Cats) Will be sending you the CS as soon as I add a few touches.

Sounds good! I'm happy my answer was helpful enough. ^^

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on March 17, 2018, 04:42:18 PM
Hello I might be interested. I have some questions before I decide between Shifter or Vampire.

So how do day walkers work in this world. Would we look to Blade , Vampire hunter D or White Wolf Style Dhampiys?

Hey there!

Since I'm not familiar with the latter two, let's go with how it works in Blade. And it's not like fae blood in True Blood where it wears off after time. It's also possible they might feel a little discomfort, but it wouldn't interfere much with outdoor activities. Unless the player wanted it to, of course.
I don't know.

bubby

I'm sure you're inundated already but PM sent your way Oh Glorious GM!

persephone325

Quote from: bubby on March 17, 2018, 05:09:14 PM
I'm sure you're inundated already but PM sent your way Oh Glorious GM!

XD I was in the process of replying, then had to help my dad with his kilt. lmao
I don't know.

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

persephone325

I don't know.

bubby

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

persephone325

I've added a link to the OOC thread in the first post.

Everyone who's been approved so far can go ahead and chat there! I'll be putting the character sheet thread up soon! Just have to find my code for it. lol
I don't know.

L Ezra

I'll go ahead and throw my hat into the ring and say I'm interested.

Hopefully pull character together in the coming days.

persephone325

Quote from: L Ezra on March 17, 2018, 08:30:17 PM
I'll go ahead and throw my hat into the ring and say I'm interested.

Hopefully pull character together in the coming days.

Welcome, welcome! I'm excited to see what you put together! :-)
I don't know.

RampantDesires

I promise I'm still working on a sheet for this, hopefully will be in tonight, or tomorrow, but def this weekend at the latest  ::) .

Will leave you New Orleans Map Making Amusement as an offering.

persephone325

Quote from: RampantDesires on March 23, 2018, 08:00:00 AM
I promise I'm still working on a sheet for this, hopefully will be in tonight, or tomorrow, but def this weekend at the latest  ::) .

lmao "...resubmit when it follows the rules of a real-world city." XD
I don't know.

persephone325

I don't know.

Bibliophilia

ff

Quote from: RampantDesires on March 23, 2018, 08:00:00 AM

lol that's a gem, and tho the guy's obviously joking...he's kinda right, New Orleans is unrealistic design, in the sense that it's always flooding  or getting smashed by hurricanes. And I'm sure some of the traffic / roads / urban planning are terrible  ::)

Madriv

Is this gumbo still cooking? Some of my favorite people are up in here. ;)

persephone325

Quote from: Madriv on May 09, 2018, 07:44:08 PM
Is this gumbo still cooking? Some of my favorite people are up in here. ;)

Yes, indeed! It's a slow cooking gumbo. lol That exists, right...? >.> *has never actually had gumbo, and doesn't really know how it's made* :P
I don't know.

Bibliophilia

Madriv

Quote from: persephone325 on May 09, 2018, 07:45:38 PM
Yes, indeed! It's a slow cooking gumbo. lol That exists, right...? >.> *has never actually had gumbo, and doesn't really know how it's made* :P

That's the only way to make it, sha!

Is there any need for a particular kind of character/species or...?

persephone325

Oh, good! XD

We're in major need of male characters. As for races, I think they're pretty even-ish. It's not tipping dramatically towards one specific race right now.
I don't know.

bubby

Have we gained traction? Should I come back? I'll come back if Anke is needed...

persephone325

Quote from: bubby on May 10, 2018, 04:34:36 PM
Have we gained traction? Should I come back? I'll come back if Anke is needed...

It's still slow going, but we're getting a few more sheets. I have one I have to get back to right now, and I know of at least two more incoming.
I don't know.

LamentingQuill

I have been horrendously busy, but I am still working on my vampire fellow. I have to adjust him a bit since the dream walking ability was denied, he'll be ready soon.

Hazy Sky

I will throw a male shifter together for you if you are still accepting characters?
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

persephone325

Quote from: skyre on May 11, 2018, 12:50:32 AM
I will throw a male shifter together for you if you are still accepting characters?

Feel free!

I'm thinking of just keeping recruiting open all the time, since it's not like a Hogwart's game or school based game that works in "years". ^^
I don't know.

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

persephone325

Quote from: skyre on May 11, 2018, 12:57:50 AM
Wonderful! I'll get something to you as soon as possible.

No need to rush! Take your time, as we're a rather slow moving group. ^^
I don't know.

Chantarelle

Character: Morrigan Aensland

Sex: F

Relationship Status: single

Orientation: Straight

Height: 5’10

Weight: 132 pounds

Hair: Dark brown

Eyes: blue/green

FC: https://imgur.com/a/77bLm

Personality: can be submissive or dominant depending on situation.

History: “I've been hollowed out for...a while now. I was 5 when I was marked. They're called sak yants...ritual tattoos. They're said to offer protection, good luck, verility.  Mine are a little different.  You can't see them unless they are activated." She was still holding back.  She bit her bottom lip, deep in thought.  The memory of her
body on fire played in her minds eye. "Preecha Phet was the name of the monk that gave them to me.  Papa Preecha was from an ancient order of monks going back...a really long time.  He used a khem sak to stiple his blood into me." She could still see him bent over his work, chanting incantations softly.  The iron rod piercing her like a vengeful hummingbird.  She began to feel light-headed.  She was beginning to disassociate again. She shook her head, this was pointless. "When the
yants activate I open up like a damn flower in spring.  The strength of my
will is the only thing that gives me control over what spirits come into me and how long they stay.  I'm a human vessel for hire."  Morrigan
pressed pen hard into page. She thought a long moment before beginning to write again. “I would like to say...I don't blame Papa for doing what he did to me.  I just wish I had had a say in all this." She dropped the pen. She was done. 
"This is stupid."

The moment Morrigan was born she was thrown away. Her mother would had aborted her if the fat cow had even known she was pregnant. Morrigan was fated to die it would seem until a chance, casual walk to the local butcher and Morrigans cries led Preecha Phet to save the life of the innocent child laying in the dirty alleyway still covered in afterbirth.

The moment Preecha had laid eyes on the babe, his mind began to contemplate the potential. He would raise the child as his own. She would never want for anything. Though it would be an isolated life, he would promise her it would be an interesting one. It took some time to prepare the child for  the ritual that would change her life, in the meantime he prepared her for the pain and fear as well as he could by teaching her calming techniques, meditation, and magic. By the age of 5 she was ready.
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

persephone325

Quote from: Chantarelle on May 11, 2018, 08:56:25 PM
Character: Morrigan Aensland

Sex: F

Relationship Status: single

Orientation: Straight

Height: 5’10

Weight: 132 pounds

Hair: Dark brown

Eyes: blue/green

FC: https://imgur.com/a/77bLm

Personality: can be submissive or dominant depending on situation.

History: “I've been hollowed out for...a while now. I was 5 when I was marked. They're called sak yants...ritual tattoos. They're said to offer protection, good luck, verility.  Mine are a little different.  You can't see them unless they are activated." She was still holding back.  She bit her bottom lip, deep in thought.  The memory of her
body on fire played in her minds eye. "Preecha Phet was the name of the monk that gave them to me.  Papa Preecha was from an ancient order of monks going back...a really long time.  He used a khem sak to stiple his blood into me." She could still see him bent over his work, chanting incantations softly.  The iron rod piercing her like a vengeful hummingbird.  She began to feel light-headed.  She was beginning to disassociate again. She shook her head, this was pointless. "When the
yants activate I open up like a damn flower in spring.  The strength of my
will is the only thing that gives me control over what spirits come into me and how long they stay.  I'm a human vessel for hire."  Morrigan
pressed pen hard into page. She thought a long moment before beginning to write again. “I would like to say...I don't blame Papa for doing what he did to me.  I just wish I had had a say in all this." She dropped the pen. She was done. 
"This is stupid."

The moment Morrigan was born she was thrown away. Her mother would had aborted her if the fat cow had even known she was pregnant. Morrigan was fated to die it would seem until a chance, casual walk to the local butcher and Morrigans cries led Preecha Phet to save the life of the innocent child laying in the dirty alleyway still covered in afterbirth.

The moment Preecha had laid eyes on the babe, his mind began to contemplate the potential. He would raise the child as his own. She would never want for anything. Though it would be an isolated life, he would promise her it would be an interesting one. It took some time to prepare the child for  the ritual that would change her life, in the meantime he prepared her for the pain and fear as well as he could by teaching her calming techniques, meditation, and magic. By the age of 5 she was ready.

Hey! Would you mind PMing me your sheet? I don't look at sheets posted here. ^^

Here's the code for the sheet:
[b]Age (Looks/Actual):[/b] Vampires - 1500, Werewolves - 500, Shifters - 300, Witches - 150

[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b] Include all mandatory and optional powers.

Thank you! I look forward to seeing your sheet. :-)
I don't know.

Caela

This looks interesting. Will work up a sheet and send it to you tomorrow Persephone. Anything in particular you really need?

persephone325

Quote from: Caela on May 12, 2018, 05:53:48 PM
This looks interesting. Will work up a sheet and send it to you tomorrow Persephone. Anything in particular you really need?

We're leaning heavily towards the females at the moment. Race wise, we're pretty evened out. ^^

Though I'm not putting any kind of hold on female characters, so if you'd rather play a lady - then go for it! :-)
I don't know.

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Caela

persephone325

I don't know.

Chantarelle

Deamonbane

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

ff

Quote from: Deamonbane on May 13, 2018, 02:48:11 PM
Threads are linked in the first post, I think. :D

Yes..first post here has OOC and Char Sheet links, with OOC linking in term to the IC thread(s)

obvs like any RP you'll want to have your char approved before posting IC

LamentingQuill

I'm waiting to hear back on my vampire, I reserved
Gackt
as a faceclaim ^.^

Caela

Odette Annable reserved for Caela

Working on a sheet for a wolf for you Persephone, but I have to get ready for work...will finish it up tomorrow on my day off. :)

persephone325

Quote from: Deamonbane on May 13, 2018, 02:48:11 PM
Threads are linked in the first post, I think. :D

Thank you, Bane! ^^ And others. :-)

I promise, I'm not ignoring anyone - or character PMs! My weekends can be kind of unpredictable, and this one was a little busier than I thought. My plan is to get caught up on all the sheets tonight.

Sorry for the wait, everyone!

Quote from: Caela on May 13, 2018, 04:16:57 PM
Odette Annable reserved for Caela

Working on a sheet for a wolf for you Persephone, but I have to get ready for work...will finish it up tomorrow on my day off. :)

Noted! And take your time. I hope work doesn't wear you out. ^^
I don't know.

Caela

Quote from: persephone325 on May 13, 2018, 05:15:21 PM
Thank you, Bane! ^^ And others. :-)

I promise, I'm not ignoring anyone - or character PMs! My weekends can be kind of unpredictable, and this one was a little busier than I thought. My plan is to get caught up on all the sheets tonight.

Sorry for the wait, everyone!

Noted! And take your time. I hope work doesn't wear you out. ^^

Work was a bit crazy making last night, but it's all good. Made the shift go by quickly.

Working out my girlies backstory now and will be sending you a sheet to read at your leisure. :D

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Caela

persephone325

Quote from: Caela on May 14, 2018, 10:25:24 PM
And sent! Hope you like her Persephone!

I'll be getting to you tonight! *fingers crossed* I've been distracted by real life. >.<

Also, everyone please try and title your PMs for the game accordingly! I don't mind if you put your character name in the subject, but I have a PM label/rule in place to sort game related PMs from other stuff so you guys don't get lost in the shuffle!

If it takes me longer to get back to some of you, that's probably why.

Please and thank you!
I don't know.

RampantDesires

Sadly I don't think my brain is going to let me finish this sheet.  I've quite literally been beating my head against it for over a month :-( 

So releasing my face claim n'all that.  Hope y'all have a lot of fun!  Will keep peeking in and perhaps join in the future!

persephone325

Quote from: RampantDesires on May 16, 2018, 09:04:38 PM
Sadly I don't think my brain is going to let me finish this sheet.  I've quite literally been beating my head against it for over a month :-( 

So releasing my face claim n'all that.  Hope y'all have a lot of fun!  Will keep peeking in and perhaps join in the future!

:'( Rampant... Don't gooo!!!

But seriously, any time you feel your muse coming back - you're more than welcome. <3
I don't know.

CShades

Argh, Rampant.

We seem to be on the same boat.

Maybe we should get our heads together at some point and see if two of them can get some coherent thought in place before a squirrel gets in the way. I mean. Shiny stuff is shiny. ooooh, there goes a bike...

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: CShades on May 16, 2018, 09:21:13 PM
Argh, Rampant.

We seem to be on the same boat.

Maybe we should get our heads together at some point and see if two of them can get some coherent thought in place before a squirrel gets in the way. I mean. Shiny stuff is shiny. ooooh, there goes a bike...

I revamped my J-Rock star for this game... literally...  hehe, I made a clever pun ;)

Hazy Sky

I have a question please. Do we go with a werewolf if we want to make a character who has only one alternate form? I have a Werebear character that I've used before and I'm wondering if I can base a new character off him as a Werebear rather than a werewolf or do I need to make him a shifter who deliberately only turns into a bear? It sounds like a silly distinction I know, but I just thought I'd ask the question.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crensler

I'll express some tentative interest, if you're still taking people at least.

Deamonbane

Crensler

Not sure if being sarcastic... anyway, not sure I could do it justice, even if that was what I ended up doing XP

persephone325

Quote from: skyre on May 17, 2018, 08:50:54 AM
I have a question please. Do we go with a werewolf if we want to make a character who has only one alternate form? I have a Werebear character that I've used before and I'm wondering if I can base a new character off him as a Werebear rather than a werewolf or do I need to make him a shifter who deliberately only turns into a bear? It sounds like a silly distinction I know, but I just thought I'd ask the question.

If you want to play a character that has a preferred form, I'd say got with a Shifter. As all Wolves will have a human, wolf, and werewolf form. Shifters can changed into any animal they imprint upon, but I don't think it would be uncommon for some Shifters to have preferred forms.

Quote from: Crensler on May 17, 2018, 09:27:48 AM
I'll express some tentative interest, if you're still taking people at least.

Still accepting! ^^
I don't know.

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Deamonbane

Quote from: Crensler on May 17, 2018, 03:47:23 PM
Not sure if being sarcastic... anyway, not sure I could do it justice, even if that was what I ended up doing XP
Not sarcasm. Both the original and the TFS adaptation are some of my favorite characters.

persephone325

Quote from: skyre on May 17, 2018, 04:24:13 PM
Will do. Thank you.

You're welcome!

I've got...2 sheets in my inbox I have to get to. (I think it's 2.) I haven't been feeling too well since I woke up, so if you're waiting to hear back from me - just bear with me! I haven't forgotten about anyone. :-)
I don't know.

Crensler

Quote from: Deamonbane on May 17, 2018, 04:25:34 PM
Not sarcasm. Both the original and the TFS adaptation are some of my favorite characters.
Heh, yeah, they are pretty memorable ^^

Chantarelle

Crensler

Quote from: persephone325 on May 17, 2018, 04:26:47 PM
I've got...2 sheets in my inbox I have to get to. (I think it's 2.) I haven't been feeling too well since I woke up, so if you're waiting to hear back from me - just bear with me! I haven't forgotten about anyone. :-)

Is it alright if I PM my character to you or should I wait?

persephone325

Quote from: Crensler on May 17, 2018, 05:05:37 PM
Is it alright if I PM my character to you or should I wait?

It's fine! If you have it ready, feel free to PM it to me. :-) The medicine is kicking in, and I feel a bit better. So hopefully I can get completely caught up in regards to character sheets. *fingers crossed*

Quote from: Chantarelle on May 17, 2018, 04:41:13 PM
I hope you feel better.

Thank you! ^^
I don't know.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: persephone325 on May 17, 2018, 05:11:51 PM
It's fine! If you have it ready, feel free to PM it to me. :-) The medicine is kicking in, and I feel a bit better. So hopefully I can get completely caught up in regards to character sheets. *fingers crossed*

Thank you! ^^

*offers cuddles and pampering* Nurse Quill is on the job!

persephone325

I don't know.

Crensler

Gannameade

Do hope you feel better.  Warm hugs and sweat cures offered.   ;D

Andol

Hello everyone! I finally got my finished character PMed in XD

Kuroneko

Caela

Kuroneko

persephone325

I am feeling better, physically at least. ^^ Thank you everyone who wished me well. :-)

Also, everyone please remember to label your PMs accordingly! Apparently, I missed a few messages because they were in my regular inbox - and not the game related inbox. ^^
I don't know.

Crensler

Quote from: persephone325 on May 20, 2018, 05:16:02 PM
I am feeling better, physically at least. ^^ Thank you everyone who wished me well. :-)

Also, everyone please remember to label your PMs accordingly! Apparently, I missed a few messages because they were in my regular inbox - and not the game related inbox. ^^
How do we do that?

Love And Submission

I kind of want to  make a human character for this game. The only problem is figuring what I job want him too. I kind of like the idea of him being a sheriff while being a normal everyday blue collar guy who has to deal with vampires and werewolves on a daily basis.

He's just a gentle innocent soul whose slowly going to be destroyed by the supernatural. Then again , I think it might be  more fun for him to not be a sheriff and just be a chef who starts his own  dream restaurant in  New Orleans only to realize most of his customers are now werewolves and vampires.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

persephone325

Quote from: Crensler on May 20, 2018, 05:16:53 PM
How do we do that?

Quote from: persephone325 on March 15, 2018, 03:31:39 AM
~Please make sure the word "Louisiana" is somewhere in your message subject!

Quote from: Love And Submission on May 20, 2018, 05:19:23 PM
I kind of want to  make a human character for this game. The only problem is figuring what I job want him too. I kind of like the idea of him being a sheriff while being a normal everyday blue collar guy who has to deal with vampires and werewolves on a daily basis.

He's just a gentle innocent soul whose slowly going to be destroyed by the supernatural. Then again , I think it might be  more fun for him to not be a sheriff and just be a chef who starts his own  dream restaurant in  New Orleans only to realize most of his customers are now werewolves and vampires.

A human character would be great! That reminds me, I need to work on a human sheet! I totally forgot I wanted to make one. XD
I don't know.

Andol

Oh I think I have been accidentally spelling Louisiana wrong it seems... need to correct that in order to make sure my PMs go to the right spot... XD

Crensler

Thanks, missed that bit about the message like a dingus apparently >w<

Kuroneko

Oops, I used the game title, which is Louisiane rather than Louisiana. Sorry, Persephone.

persephone325

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2018, 05:29:08 PM
Oops, I used the game title, which is Louisiane rather than Louisiana. Sorry, Persephone.

Oh, no! That works, too! It's either/or, actually. But I figured most people would be used to the regular spelling. ^^
I don't know.

bubby

I will be bringing Anke back just so you know, but right now I'm dealing with a death in the family and some drama. Hopefully I can get a returning post up next weekend. Please toss up the IC links again? or am I just not seeing them in the OOC?

persephone325

Quote from: bubby on May 20, 2018, 05:41:29 PM
I will be bringing Anke back just so you know, but right now I'm dealing with a death in the family and some drama. Hopefully I can get a returning post up next weekend. Please toss up the IC links again? or am I just not seeing them in the OOC?

Welcome back! But feel free to take your time with posting. I'm sorry for your loss. :-( *offers hugs*

The IC links are in the first post of the OOC thread. ^^
I don't know.

Crensler

@persephone325 I really, really don't want to bother you about it, but did you get the edited sheet I sent?  I put the Louisiana thing in the message subject, I believe.  Again, sorry XS

Andol

persephone325

I believe I have all the sheets, now.

But please bear with me. I'm only one person here. :-) Patience is very much appreciated.
I don't know.

Crensler

Of course, no rush, just wanted to be sure I did it right >///<

persephone325

I believe I'm all caught up in regards to getting PMs back to those with character sheets.

That being said, we're leaning heavily towards characters that are female. I'd love to see more males, or non-binary characters! We even have one transgender character. ^^
I don't know.

Crensler

Shenzi

Hi there! Very interested in joining you, if I may? I was planning on making a male vampire, is that proportionally acceptable for the cast you've already got? Miss Quill was telling me you've only got one/a small number of male vampire(s) so I just wanted to touch base with you, as well, as the GM. t(^u^)z

persephone325

Quote from: supermouse on May 21, 2018, 04:26:23 PM
Hi there! Very interested in joining you, if I may? I was planning on making a male vampire, is that proportionally acceptable for the cast you've already got? Miss Quill was telling me you've only got one/a small number of male vampire(s) so I just wanted to touch base with you, as well, as the GM. t(^u^)z

Of course! The race count is pretty even-ish. It's the gender ratio that's terribly askew. lol

Quote from: Crensler on May 21, 2018, 04:15:57 PM
I'll make mine a herm if that'll make you feel better ;)

lol No. :P Your character was already accepted as is!
I don't know.

Crensler

Quote from: persephone325 on May 21, 2018, 04:52:38 PM
lol No. :P Your character was already accepted as is!
*snaps fingers* Drat!  My evil scheme has failed!  X3

Andol

Madriv

I'm still here! I'll work on character sheets as soon as I can wrap my brain around them. Male vampire and male shifter incoming!

persephone325

Quote from: Madriv on June 12, 2018, 07:54:37 AM
I'm still here! I'll work on character sheets as soon as I can wrap my brain around them. Male vampire and male shifter incoming!

No worries! I totally understand uncooperative muses and RL stuff getting in the way. ^^
I don't know.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

persephone325

I don't know.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

LamentingQuill

I'll post for Rosalyn sometime tomorrow. My posting has been hella slow because of a horribly painful broken tooth, but I am going to the dentist on Wednesday. Hopefully that will mean the end of this awful pain in my mouth.

persephone325

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 10, 2018, 02:15:10 AM
Jayson and Stirfry are excited to join!

*squeals excitedly*

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 10, 2018, 02:27:56 AM
I'll post for Rosalyn sometime tomorrow. My posting has been hella slow because of a horribly painful broken tooth, but I am going to the dentist on Wednesday. Hopefully that will mean the end of this awful pain in my mouth.

*hugs* Feel better, love!
I don't know.

Maeve

persephone325

Wolves, Shifters, and Humans could use a few more to their numbers. But I'm not putting any restrictions up if you want to play something different.

Gender ratio is way off, with 13 females and 5 males at the moment.
I don't know.

Maeve

I could play a guy and I love playing Werewolves. I'll come up with a character sheet soonish 😃

persephone325

Quote from: Maeve on July 15, 2018, 08:30:09 PM
I could play a guy and I love playing Werewolves. I'll come up with a character sheet soonish 😃

Sounds good! Take your time. ^^

*eyes Luna-bird* You, missy... Hurry your butt up! :P
I don't know.

ff

Quote from: persephone325 on July 15, 2018, 08:24:39 PM
Wolves, Shifters, and Humans could use a few more to their numbers. But I'm not putting any restrictions up if you want to play something different.

Gender ratio is way off, with 13 females and 5 males at the moment.

My PC is a raging lezbo* tho, and IME lots of female chars on E are bi or flexible whereas 99% of male chars are ruler-straight, tho, so it tends to work out

* Well, bi, if the right guy comes along too, I just say lezbo cuz she kind of has that dommey leather motorcycle vibe

Chantarelle

Quote from: ff on July 18, 2018, 09:07:59 PM
My PC is a raging lezbo* tho, and IME lots of female chars on E are bi or flexible whereas 99% of male chars are ruler-straight, tho, so it tends to work out

* Well, bi, if the right guy comes along too, I just say lezbo cuz she kind of has that dommey leather motorcycle vibe

And she’s real good at playing straight guys! 😈🤗

persephone325

Doing a bump.

We're a slow moving group, and we're still in the beginning phase. We'd love to have you!
I don't know.

persephone325

I don't know.

persephone325

Hey! I'm rebooting this game.

I'll be updating the face claims list tonight. Some people are sticking around and keeping their claims and characters.

Hope to see some new people!
I don't know.

Chantarelle

First on board, or…first back on board! 🥰

RedMoon

This looks super interesting! I'll have to start cooking up some character ideas.