Dystopian Death Race: the Dernier Cri (Megacity sandbox, open, drivers needed)

Started by BlueEyedBard, January 01, 2019, 01:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: InnocentSynn on March 27, 2019, 07:01:55 PM
*waves at everyone*

Not sure if this was asked or not, but is there any sort of organized crime elements in the Paradise Falls?
So as far as organized crime goes, I expect Paradise Falls would be rife with crime of all kinds. But when it comes to a gang, syndicate, or mob like presence, the thing to keep in mind is that the biggest criminal organization in Avalon in Providence Corp, in that they are so powerful anything they do is legal, or at least is once they make it legal. Compared to them any other criminal organization is going to be like the "49th street locos" compared to the Illuminati.

What I'm getting at is while they may cause trouble for those in Paradise, anything they are able to do would be beneath the notice of Providence or even Endcliff City. 
So, since Providence controls the Dernier Cri, any Paradise Falls crime ring would have no ability to effect the races.

Does that make sense?
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

BlueEyedBard

On another side note, I'd like to welcome Fade Epharim, the Punk Pixie in the semi truck!

Go check her out on the leaderboard, and in the next race of the Dernier Cri!

Edit: We have also gained to the ranks another member of the mechanic squad, the Commodities Broker, Adelaide Marx, check her out on the leaderboard!
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

InnocentSynn

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on March 27, 2019, 07:22:27 PM
So as far as organized crime goes, I expect Paradise Falls would be rife with crime of all kinds. But when it comes to a gang, syndicate, or mob like presence, the thing to keep in mind is that the biggest criminal organization in Avalon in Providence Corp, in that they are so powerful anything they do is legal, or at least is once they make it legal. Compared to them any other criminal organization is going to be like the "49th street locos" compared to the Illuminati.

What I'm getting at is while they may cause trouble for those in Paradise, anything they are able to do would be beneath the notice of Providence or even Endcliff City. 
So, since Providence controls the Dernier Cri, any Paradise Falls crime ring would have no ability to effect the races.

Does that make sense?

It makes perfect sense.  And also fits nicely into where my head is at for my character design. Thank you!

BlueEyedBard

Good evening racing fans! I wanted to pop in and introduce our newest racer to the ranks of the Dernier Cri!
Please welcome the Knife for Hire, Sanderson Miller!

Go check him out on the Leaderboard, and in the next event of the glorious Dernier Cri!
On/Off