News:

Main Menu

Elders Scroll Online

Started by DarkShadow, February 14, 2013, 02:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkShadow

Elders Scroll Online - So for all your gamers out there what are your thoughts on the new Elders Scroll Online then?
Sorry every one for late reply’s lots going on in life at the moment job changes and such will reply when I can !!!

SinXAzgard21

I'm singed up for the beta, not even sure if I got accepted as I filled out every field... I may have deleted the email... Who knows. 

I have not actual thoughts on it.  I'm planning on participating in the beta provided my app gets accepted and then I'll have one.   I've seen a lot of the alpha vids and so on and really I personally cannot form an opinion off of a game in alpha unless, like DayZ I am playing it. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

DarkShadow

I have been looking into it and I also joined up for the beta! Thought I have heard nothing back yet but still going to wait and see.

I am really not sure how good it is going to be I have a feeling that it is going to be the same as every other MMORPG online these days, but I am willing to try it and I hope it is going to bring something different but so far I can’t say many games have brought anything new to the table sadly
Sorry every one for late reply’s lots going on in life at the moment job changes and such will reply when I can !!!

Moraline

What I have seen looks visually beautiful and my heart always flutters a little at the anticipation of an MMORPG. I'm also a sucker.

DarkShadow

Oh I know that feeling! there is not a MMORPG that I haven't tried since I started playing World of Warcraft on launch day, but I agree it does look really nice, it kind off reminds me of Dragon Age 2, But I am sure we will see !

ElusiveM00se

I received an "Excellent" rating on my beta application...

I'm so excited.
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

ofDelusions

I am bit annoyed how little knowledge of actual game mechanics there is for a game that si already going to beta. I'd like to see more than just one Gameplay trailer.

Saerrael

I also signed up for the closed Beta. I do have a few opinions on what little information has been released so far, but going to keep that reigned in for when more is known.

Emmaline

Signed up for the beta here as well. It is the first MMORPG that has caught my attention in quite awhile. I think the game has amazing potential, from the vids I have seen so far. Now if it only lives up to the hype. I will be quite disappointed if it ends up being like every other game out there.

Arohk

Been signed up since day 1 and I am SO excited! I've been a fan of the Elder Scrolls for over 10 years. I also received an Excellent rating. I hope they open it soon! I would love to be accepted! :D

Shjade

"Meh."

Why would I want Elder Scrolls to be online when my favorite parts of that kind of game have nothing to do with online interaction?

Ginormous map? Check.
Lots of things to do on said map? Eh, well, there's enough to hold my interest for a while at least.
Lots of character class/playstyle options? Yep, even if I don't like some of them.
Aesthetic customization? Yus (but seriously would it kill them to give me a color wheel for hair/eyes/war paint?).

Has pretty much everything I need already without locking it to an online world where I'll have to deal with lag and group-required content.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Nothing so far has gotten my attention as to what makes this different than any other MMO currently out of the market.  Honestly, unless this goes free to play, there are already WAAAAAAAAAY too many fantasy MMOs out there.  The market is over saturated, and this is coming from a guy who loves fantasy.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

Let's face it, Elder Scrolls has never been fantastic when it comes to lore and story. It's the gameplay that drove it. And just going by almost every MMO ever made, this will be the complete opposite. Stilted gameplay that relies on the actual world (aside from the obvious social element).

It's probably going to suck. So is Neverwinter. These aren't games made by people who actually care about gaming, it's just the Gold Rush that is the Free To Play model. We're going to be seeing a lot more uninspired free MMO's over the next few years.

Or I'm totally wrong and this will be the one glorious exemption. 

Chris Brady

Quote from: Sabby on February 14, 2013, 09:35:19 PM
Let's face it, Elder Scrolls has never been fantastic when it comes to lore and story. It's the gameplay that drove it. And just going by almost every MMO ever made, this will be the complete opposite. Stilted gameplay that relies on the actual world (aside from the obvious social element).

It's probably going to suck. So is Neverwinter. These aren't games made by people who actually care about gaming, it's just the Gold Rush that is the Free To Play model. We're going to be seeing a lot more uninspired free MMO's over the next few years.

Or I'm totally wrong and this will be the one glorious exemption.
What gameplay?  Is this the same Daggerfall, Morrowwind, Oblivion and Skyrim I've been playing???  The Lore and Story are the only things going for it.  Seriously, to make combat interesting in Skyrim, I had to MOD it so I can get the melee Killmoves to activate as often as I can!

The combat is lackluster, the horses drive like boats, you have to mod it to get the best texture quality, gameplay?  Seriously?

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

Of course you do :P but the focus has still been primarily on the playing, not the writing. Elder Scrolls isn't particularly interesting when you get right down to it. It's just your typical Kitchen Sink medieval fantasy setting. It can work for an MMO, but they'll have to really step up their game in the lore department.

Shjade

Considering MMOs are rarely driven by lore...
◕/◕'s

Sabby

Then I must seriously be missing the point of MMO's, because I can't see anyone playing them for the actual gameplay o.O

Kazyth

Quote from: Sabby on February 15, 2013, 02:00:10 PM
Then I must seriously be missing the point of MMO's, because I can't see anyone playing them for the actual gameplay o.O

I think that might just be the case, Sabbers.  For me, while lore was cool to have to flesh out the world a bit, what I want out of an MMORPG is to get in, find the class(es) that I like, and level.  Find gear, get the xp, build up gold, make a few friends, work on my tradeskills... that sort of thing.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Sabby

I know the social part is a big part of it, but I can't see a game working with JUST voice chat/grouping up, and there's nothing else there that seems worth it. Probably why I don't play these games :/ I clearly don't get the appeal.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Sabby on February 15, 2013, 02:29:54 PM
I know the social part is a big part of it, but I can't see a game working with JUST voice chat/grouping up, and there's nothing else there that seems worth it. Probably why I don't play these games :/ I clearly don't get the appeal.
Wow's been around for 8 years, JUST by that premise alone.  They've already retconned the history and lore of WoW about 7 times IN THAT GAME alone, and yet people are still playing it.

Sabby

I honestly thought there was more to it then that... wow. Yeah, my dislike of MMO's just jumped on a big "I Don't Get It" Rocket and faceplanted into the moon.

Shjade

Quote from: Sabby on February 15, 2013, 02:00:10 PM

Considering Skyrim plays a lot like your average action-MMO...you seem to be arguing against yourself. >.>
◕/◕'s

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Sabby on February 15, 2013, 05:54:54 PM
I honestly thought there was more to it then that... wow. Yeah, my dislike of MMO's just jumped on a big "I Don't Get It" Rocket and faceplanted into the moon.

I think it's the exact opposite Sabby. People ignore the lore of MMO's and just play for the gameplay/social aspect. When playing a game by themselves people usually take the time to enjoy the immersion.

Anyway one to the biggest things elder scrolls has going for it was the amazing modding community. The game was also very PC centric, you were a badass and a big mover and shaker in the world. I'm almost certain that wont be able to translate into MMO format. I really have no interest in just another standard grind mmo, even if it is in the (very interesting) elder scrolls setting.

It's a shame too, because I'm still hoping for an MMO that will fill the big "City of Villains: Virtue Server" shaped hole in my life.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img