Guild Wars 2 sandbox, now recruiting (LGBT friendly)

Started by Dhi, September 16, 2014, 04:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

It fits the Asuran naming convention and, really, it's Asuran. They tend to go a little fun with the names.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

ShadowFox89

Name: Bigga Boomma
Player: ShadowFox89
Concept: I am an explosives and ordinance expert and one of the top in my class
Trouble: I, uh, may have blown up a few Inquisition compounds.
Race: Asuran
Sex: Female
Orientation: I find fun in both genders equally and have done experiments on both. With both.
On’s: Mmmm, I love strapping people down to a table and using some of my more fun inventions to tease them before cackling at their screams of enjoyment! Or...  you know, having the same done.
Off’s: Things that are too big to be put into a hole don't belong in that hole, and bodily waste should go to the biohazard containers, not the bedroom.

Description:
Eyes- My eyes are red like the core of an explosion
Hair- Dark red like.... you can see where this is going.
Height- I'm a nice tall 3ft... okay okay that's short.
Weight- 65lbs

Personality:
I'm honest, excitable, and love making friends! I can also be a little quick to act and tend to think less of the morality of a situation than how it can be explored further. But I put my krewe first and if it comes between them or the discovery of a lifetime, I'll save my krewe.

Alliances: I hold a very respectable position in the Krewe of Research into Thermocombustion as well as a position in the Vigil as an expert in explosives.

Likes and Dislikes:<Non-sexual>

One Unique Thing: If you need it blown up, I can find a way to do it. Or even if you don't need something blown up, I can still find a way.

Background:

I'll finish after dinner...... Gotta work on a background a bit. I wrote it in first person for something a bit different, but if you prefer I can rewrite it in third.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Crash

ShadowFox - I am sorry I did not explain the one unique thing.  It should be a quirky and cool thing about your character that is more flavor and plot. 

Being able to or knowing how to blow up anything is a little more than what this GM wants in any players hands as a quirk. ;)

More so it is likely that a lot of Asura engineers know how to blow most things up, whether they are trying to or not. ;D

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

AngelicBlade

Hey Crash, your Norn seems really really short, I think the average height for humans in Guild Wars is like 6'1 or something.

Crash

Yeah my mistake.  He should be taller.  I will edit.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: AngelicBlade on December 27, 2014, 08:24:20 PM
Hey Crash, your Norn seems really really short, I think the average height for humans in Guild Wars is like 6'1 or something.

I guess that means I could be mistaken for a Norn :P

Actually, I think it's more like 7'1, with the max being 8'3.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Crash

It has varied between games. I am not going to be a stickler.  Somewhere between 7' and 9' are good for a Norn for me.

ShadowFox89

Well, to help: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/44575-full-size-comparisons-of-races-and-genders/

And for Bigga's ability... I didn't mean it as she can literally look at something and make it explode (not that she wouldn't love to have that power, damn elementalists.....), but that she carries a large number of explosives on her person and admixtures for explosives. I can change it to something else though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Crash

Change it to something else please. 

Thanks for the chart but like I said I am not going to get too caught up in every little detail.  If Dhi or I say it is okay that is more important that what wiki "A" or website "B" says.  For sake of fun and for those not familiar with guild wars there will likely be lots of stuff that conflicts on some level with "Lore."

AngelicBlade

Well I was just wondering if Ragnar was suppose to be that short. Cause Norn can be that short it's possible.

Dhi

That chart is very cool!

Some examples of Unique Things, to use Anet's NPCs as an example, might be "My father was the last Dolyak shaman" or "I stole an object the ghosts of Ascalon want back" or "I survived the creation of the Dragonbrand" or "I know a secret about the origin of the sylvari"

(though some of those might also work as Troubles)

It should optimally be something creative that lends flavor and mystery to your character.

Crash

Nope he was not.  That was just a mistake on my part.  It was supposed to be 8'3" not 6'3".

Quote from: Dhi on December 27, 2014, 09:31:34 PM
That chart is very cool!

Some examples of Unique Things, to use Anet's NPCs as an example, might be "My father was the last Dolyak shaman" or "I stole an object the ghosts of Ascalon want back" or "I survived the creation of the Dragonbrand" or "I know a secret about the origin of the sylvari"

(though some of those might also work as Troubles)

It should optimally be something creative that lends flavor and mystery to your character.
+1

Dhi

Here is another sample character to be used as an NPC.

Name: Sesorcha
Player: Dhi
Concept: Harbor Cleanup Matron
Trouble: Double agent caught between loyalties
Race: Krait
Sex: Female
Orientation: Lesbian
On’s: A workhorse's quiet strength, subjugating lesser races, warm baths and hot tea, squeeeeezing
Off’s: Embarrassment, real pain, risk to her station

Description:
Eyes: Burnished gold with slit pupils
Hair: Scaled black malachite tendrils
Height: 5'7" (16'4" long)
Weight: 480 lbs
"One day, you will inherit the world."

A shimmering sea green sashay among the laborers of the waterfront, Sesorcha carries herself as a queen among lesser races. Her heavy, pampered curves are spared the exertion of developing upper body muscle; she swims only with her tail. Diaphanous shawls tangle her arms to helplessness, and a combination of these and pirate booty cover her nudity. As a serpent, her natural scent is unsettling to mammals, sharp, hackle-raising and deadly, and she always brings a bit of the beach with her. Her voice is a low, crooning resonance that vibrates the water of mortal bodies as steadily as it carries through the waters of the Sea of Sorrows.

Personality:
Imperious, Scheming, Temperamental, Inquisitive.
An unwelcome visitor in a strange port, Sesorcha shields herself with the willful purpose and sense of entitlement of a foreign dignitary, though she is anything but. Having established herself in a nominal position of power, she jealously guards her future and her inscrutable agenda with a keen mind trained to calculate the movements of the stars for eons to come. Though physically larger (or at least longer) than many denizens of Lion's Arch, she detests physical confrontation and engages in little physical work herself, relying instead on a workforce of unskilled, transient workers. In conversation she speaks more than she listens, and once she speaks on something from the heart, she builds to a landslide momentum which is difficult to turn back.

Alliances: Captain's Council, Inquest

Likes and Dislikes: Sesorcha has a keen interest in the ruins of the Breachmaker for her own purposes, and mathematics and astronomy hold her intellectual interest. The sights and sounds and flavors of Lion's Arch delight her, but at the same time she abhors its coarseness and chaos. A hot tea is necessary, at the end of the day, to sort it all out.

One Unique Thing: As a hatchling, Sesorcha was forbidden from ever touching the obelisks of her people.

Background: Into a time of sadness and doubt for the krait, Sesorcha was hatched. In fleeing the holy cities of the deep to escape the elder sea dragon, the benevolence of their prophets fled their bones and their rich oral history was fragmented. Few females were born with her clutch; those who survived to adulthood became powerful leaders of a new generation of shallow-waters clans. Sesorcha, instead, was denied the holy power of the obelisks, and began to forge alliances with the surface people. Her first success was with the Inquest.

Though there was never a strong trust between them, Sesorcha's clan aided the Inquest in their coastal exploration and capture of dragon minions for study. The analytical mind of a krait served her well ingratiating herself to the Inquest, but among them she first tasted bureaucratic power, and her appetite for it was not easily sated. Had she been named an honorary krewe member, Sesorcha might have remained forever. Instead, her thirst for power landed her in Lion's Arch.

Her arrival came at a time of deep distrust for the krait, and many of her clan turned back to safer waters. Sesorcha and only a few krait remained to strike a bargain with the leaders of Lion's Arch: not only would they help to clear the wreckage from the waters of the harbor, they would pay for the privilege. What began as a simple deal to acquire timber for her clan's aquatic homes took an unexpected turn when her old allies in the Inquest contacted her again. There is something of interest, the asura seem convinced, lying on the sea bed among the wreckage of the Breachmaker. Ever since, Sesorcha's obsession has been beneath the dark water of the harbor, and her excavation only a front. The stakes are high, but her just desserts may be higher still.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Crash

Dhi

ShadowFox89

You'll have to find out :-P

Though there are times they do squeek....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Crash

Your Krait makes me want to come up with a Largos even more or maybe a Harpy.....

I want to see what other players are interested in before I make any more NPC's though.

AngelicBlade

Dhi

Thank you Angelic! I hope yours is off to a good start too.

Unfortunately this has not generated enough interest to float as a sandbox game, so we're going to shut it down. I appreciate your interest, and I'm sorry we couldn't make it happen.  :-(