paingod

Started by Einzig, June 27, 2013, 01:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Einzig

PAINGOD   in Unit 731...
            [horror, ghosts, supernatural]

Unit 731 was infamous, but not beyond the wall.  You couldn't hear screaming past the wall, and nobody ever came out who felt the need to talk.  Maybe there was really nothing to talk about, just something to compartmentalize, and forget.  Out there -- a different war was going on, one less personal, and the eyes of the world had turned away from the peaceful people of mostly rural China helpless before the lightening barbarity of Imperial Japan.  Those who survive the burning of their homes are the unfortunate ones: they will be taken to a place darker than any prison  the world had yet known: white, sterile, smelling of ammonia.  Soon the walls and cells would be spattered blood.

My first attempt at a Japanese survival-horror game.  Unit 731 was a real horror show and everyone is invited to investigate the lesser known horrors of World War II; however, this Paingod incarnation of the story is less concerned with factual basis and more concerned with the intensity of horror grown to paranormal excitement.  I'm imagining ghosts, creepy crazy shit.  Your character would either be a victim of Unit 731, or a doctor therein (we could also progress the story slightly, to the abandoned Unit 731 for a more haunted aspect.

I pledged myself to thee
And sacred is the gift
But ah, I feel in this was given
A blessing never meant for me.
Thou art too like a dream from heaven
For earthly love to merit thee.