Interest Check: Aberrant (the white wolf superhumans game) in Ancient Earth

Started by Kolbrandr, July 24, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

Quick reminder after talking out some character creation, all mega attributes come with one enhancement at no cost, you pay for all the other ones after it. So for instance if you have, say, mega stamina 4 and have adaptability, durability and resilience, the adaptability would be free. This would be true even if you had mega stamina 1, and adaptability, durability and resilience. Basically your first mega attribute dot in a mega attribute comes with a free enhancement.

Muse

Oh....  Only the first dot in a mega atribute?  I did not know that... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

avorae

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 20, 2015, 12:54:58 AM
Quick reminder after talking out some character creation, all mega attributes come with one enhancement at no cost, you pay for all the other ones after it. So for instance if you have, say, mega stamina 4 and have adaptability, durability and resilience, the adaptability would be free. This would be true even if you had mega stamina 1, and adaptability, durability and resilience. Basically your first mega attribute dot in a mega attribute comes with a free enhancement.

OK will make the changes to the sheet then...
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Kolbrandr

Quote from: avorae on August 20, 2015, 06:38:47 AM
OK will make the changes to the sheet then...

Did you give yourself multiple free enhancements per mega att or pay for the enhancements that should have been free? Seems to be a mix of both so far.

avorae

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 20, 2015, 06:45:24 AM
Did you give yourself multiple free enhancements per mega att or pay for the enhancements that should have been free? Seems to be a mix of both so far.

I gave myself multiple free enhancements. And I have already taken care of the changes. I dropped all of my enhancements down to the free one only save for keeping an extra Stamina which I payed for by dropping my expanded background and dropping a level of intuition.

Kolbrandr

You know what, since the majority of you found that bit from the rules confusing one way or another and I'm feeling generous (particularly since everyone is actually actively working on their characters), let's just go Scion styles and you can have a free enhancement per mega attribute dot.

Muse

Yay! 

*Dances*

I'm out of town now 'itl saturday.  See you all soon! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 20, 2015, 02:51:42 PM
You know what, since the majority of you found that bit from the rules confusing one way or another and I'm feeling generous (particularly since everyone is actually actively working on their characters), let's just go Scion styles and you can have a free enhancement per mega attribute dot.

Whoopee now 9 points back yippee.   

Hmmm where to reallocated them.    :P

Muse

Elven Sex Goddess

Kolbrandr

Hey, avorae, Meliai, PiP, could I get an update on where you're all at? Avorae, I'd like to see more of your char history fleshed out before I really take a closer look at your sheet.

Elven Sex Goddess

Points spent
Work in Progress

Point spend:
15 Bonus points spent:

Bonus points to attributes 10 (5ea cost additional one dot each Dex and Per)
2 towards followers mastery of cult
3 towards specialties discern lies, seductive and gossip

75 Nova Points spent:

1 for 6 points for abilities
36 for 12 mega attribute points
2 for 10 background points   for total of 17 background dots spent
23 for powers 
10 for quantum (starting base per your house rule 3 to up quantum to 5
3 for willpower to raise from 3 to an 6

Data

Theran Compact
The Venerated Seers

Concept
Dreamer

Nature
Hedonistic

Name
Kachina

Nova Name
Fauna
The Prophetess of Thera

Past, Present, Future

A native of the Island of Thera. 
A Theran who realizes the full folly of embracing the Heraclidae way. 
The tragedy of nations that have fallen,  the and loss of great achievements do to the arrogance that is a kin to a sickness.
The sickness of being crushed under the weight of megalomania.

The acceptance that even with power one is always flawed.

To accept such flaws and embrace them in celebration.

"To see the shifting sands of time. 
A ripple in a specific moment.
Is to grasp life and death."

Eternal
Fauna
Prophetess of Thera

The Awakening

The awakening for Kachina was a simple affair upon the face of it.
A childhood friend,  her brother and his disappearance.
The  agony written on her friends parents faces.
The level of distraught that rolls off of them is heart breaking.   
He had been tending to the family herd. 
Only his cloak had been found.   
It had a tear and dry blood upon it. 
Which spelled ill omen.   
For the most of the scene Kachina had witness the mother clutching the cloak.   
When the woman had finally put it down.  She would pick it up.   
Almost immediately it is as if she is there with her friends brother.   
The brother had been attacked and killed by wolves a pack of them.   
She would see in the vision the spot he had fallen and where the wolves had dragged the body.   
It caused her to be ill.   An she staggers with nearly passing out.   

From that simple trigger of awakening.   
Her powers began to manifest themselves one after another.   
She could not only look into the past,  but she could grasp snippets of the future.   
More then that she could age a person advancing their age or even reducing it.   
She could even slow time around a individual.   
It was not the most impressive powers.   
She also could move herself from place to place by teleportation.
Finally she inherited a intuitive ability to sense danger to herself.   

Her path set now,  she attended the academy working to become a oracle of Thera. 
For long before the oracles of Delphi the oracles of Thera were just as famous if not more so.   
Such fame would bring her influence and she would become known as the Prophetess.

It as been ten years since Kachina became a oracle of Thera.
In her thirties now, her exact age unknown.   
As she appears to be in her early twenties.   

the empiros
Followers of Fauna the Prophetess of Thera

The four followers of the Prophetess of Thera. 
Devoted humanity heroes and heroines
who are the four adepts of the
Fauna
Prophetess of Thera

Character sheet

Birth Name: KachinaConcept:  DreamerAwakening:  See above
Nova Name:  Fauna  Nature:  HedonisticType:
Player: Elven Sex GoddessAllegiance: The Venerated SeersSeries  Kolbrandrr

Attributes & Abilities
Physical                                Mental                                       Social

Strength **                   Perception ****                 Appearance ****
Mega-Strength                    Mega-perception **           Mega-appearance***
                                                   Awareness ***                Intimidation  ***
Mega enhancements

Infrared vision                Seductive Looks
                                                      Quantum Attunement            Awe inspiring
                                                                                                First impression

Dexterity ***                      Intelligence **                Manipulation ***
Mega-dexterity *               Mega-intelligence             Mega-manipulation **
Athletics **                         Academics **                   Interrogation ***
                                            Linguistics**                          Subterfuge ****(Seductive/Gossip)
(native lang: Theran  / additional Mycenaean,  Proto-Persian)

Mega-enhancements
Flexibility                                                                               Persuader
                                                                                                 Hypnotic gaze   

Stamina **                      Wits ***                         Charisma ***
Mega-stamina *               Mega-wits **                 Mega-Charisma *
Endurance **                  Rapport **** (discern lies)    Command ***
Resistance **                                                                   Perform **
Mega Enhancements

Durability                        Natural Empath                          Seductive
                                               Enhanced Initiative

Backgrounds

Attunement *   Allies * Backing ****  Contacts ** Influence *** Followers ***** (mastery cult of Fauna) Resources *
Quantum Powers

Intuition **(lv1) Perception+intuition, self/permanent
Pretercognition ** (lv3) Perception+pretercognition,  self/instant
Teleport * (lv2) Perception+teleport, self
Temporal Manipulation ** (lv3) Age Alteration Manipulation+temporal manipulation,
Dilate time wits+temporal Manipulation

Willpower ******
Quantum *****
Quantum Pool 30
Taint * (Aberrant eyes-iris like a sundial shifting color around blue to amethyst hue
by end of day.)

avorae

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 22, 2015, 01:45:17 PM
Hey, avorae, Meliai, PiP, could I get an update on where you're all at? Avorae, I'd like to see more of your char history fleshed out before I really take a closer look at your sheet.

Will try to get it finished up ASAP

Pretty in Pink

Likewise.  I've been extremely busy the last couple of days.  I plan on sitting down tomorrow before my Skype game to get the character done.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Meliai

Kometa is fiiiiiiiiinished, assuming I haven't made another dumb mistake like forgetting her free enhancements~

Here is the link to her sheet and bio again, if anyone wants to snoop but doesn't want to click back to a previous page.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

avorae

And history is now finished....

Nandi

BIOGRAPHICAL DATA

Chosen Name: N/A
Eruption: Excitement
Nature: Hedonistic
Allegiance: Xenos Men
Current occupation: Performer, Spy
Former occupation: Student
Citizenship: The Theran Compact
Legal status: No criminal record
Place of birth: Zimbabwe
Martial status: Single
Known relatives: Mother: Nobuhle [Beautiful one]
Known allies: None
Major enemies: The Heraclidae
Current group membership: The Cabiri, Xenos Men
Former group membership: None
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165
Eyes: Emerald-Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin tone: Mocha
Build: Athletic
Measurement: 36C-28-36
Date of Birth: April 28
Distinguishing features: Unusual birthmark of a metallic blue butterfly on right butt cheek.

HISTORY

Every great hero has to have a story. Some start from humble beginnings. Others more grand.

Mine starts with a battlefield....

I was conceived on a battlefield when my mother was forcibly taken by one of the soldiers who destroyed our village. I was born on a battlefield as my mother attempted to escape from the place from which she sought sanctuary as the war raged, consuming everything in its path.

I grew up on the run with my mother escaping one pointless battle after another. The whys and hows of what caused the war eventually blurred but two things became certain to my childish mind. The first was that my mother had incredible strength and determination. The second was that I believed her with all my heart when she said we can truly find peace if we made it north past the lands of the Pharaohs.

I was nearly six when we finally reached the sanctuary of the Theran compact. Mother wishing to help protect our new home joined the local militia. I was still too young for such endeavors so instead she placed me in the military academy. I of course was not interested in learning how to be a soldier after years of running from constant battles so when I was supposed to be in class I would instead sneak out and explore the city.

It was through these trips that I came upon a local performance troupe and was fascinated by their acts. After showing up to watch them perform everyday for a week the leader asked me if I would like to join the troupe. I immediately jumped at the opportunity for it had to be far better than training as a soldier. The challenge of course was to convince my mother and as I feared she was against it. She felt that we owed the ones who took us in a debt of gratitude and the best way to do that was by helping to protect the citizens. Thankfully I had an unexpected ally in my instructor at the academy. She saw it as a an opportunity to allow me to grow and convinced mother to let me join them with the stipulation that I would stop skipping out on my military classes.

Happily agreeing to the deal I was unaware of my instructor's true motivation for allowing such to occur. Over the next several years my life was split between mornings learning the art of a warrior and the afternoons performing for the citizens with the troupe.

Not to long after graduating from the academy I was performing my first solo piece for the troupe when my head became filled with an inspirational fire. It was as if the Muses themselves had gathered within my mind, body and soul guiding every move I made. Every leap I took, every spin I twirled, and every tumble I did felt perfect….

No not perfect but something beyond even that.

When I had finished my dance and finally focused my attention upon the audience the look upon their faces was pure amazement and that is when it hit me. I really had been touched by the Muses. They had chosen me to be their representative upon this mortal world. Not all of them mind you only Euterpe, Terpsichore, and Urania but the others did give their approval.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“And that little ones is my story.” Nandi says as she looked at the crowd of young acolytes who were barely older than herself when she first arrived at the compact.

“So why did your instructor allow you join the troupe?” one of the more curious acolyte asked.

“I believe she was trying to teach me a valuable lesson on that day. For you see being a soldier is more than just fighting sometimes finding a way to prevent a war through diplomacy is just as if not more important than fighting.”

“Oh I get it she gave both of you what you wanted preventing a disagreement.”

“That is correct little one.” Nandi replies with a gentle smile. "Alright then that concludes my lesson. You all are free to play outside until the next instructor arrives.”

As the children scatter to play a middle aged woman steps from out of the shadows and sits next to Nandi. “I see you are still telling them that it was a compromise little sparrow.”

“Well of course I am after all our greatest power is secrecy as Master Xenos would say.”

Kolbrandr

Avorae, the Cabiri with regards your character are..? A dance troupe they lead or some such?

avorae

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 25, 2015, 07:19:19 PM
Avorae, the Cabiri with regards your character are..? A dance troupe they lead or some such?
Yes that is the performance troupe that she leads. She took over from the original leader [Aka the one who brought her in] after she became a chosen.

Kolbrandr

Alright, so your followers are your troupe basically? For the mentor, would you like to detail them particularly? Were you hoping I would? Did you have a particular npc in mind? Other?

avorae

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 25, 2015, 07:37:24 PM
Alright, so your followers are your troupe basically? For the mentor, would you like to detail them particularly? Were you hoping I would? Did you have a particular npc in mind? Other?

Yea my followers are basically the troupe and as for the mentor I think it would be more fun if you detailed them. after all she would not know everything about them so i feel I should not know as well especially since she is also a member of Xenos spy organization.

Kolbrandr

Aaalright, while we wait on PiP, more indepth things:

Muse: Your character's contacts are? Also, Taint 4, oof. I presume that's after taking away for taint resistance? Also, what minor aberration do you want? I presume they're something of an overall generalist with the Rhadamanthines? Throw into whatever situation, they can generally contribute something, that sort of deal?

ESG: Can you list how you spent your points (nova and bonus)? I feel like you might be underspent.

That aside, an ally/casual lover/so forth who is one of Xenos' people is fine, though you are unlikely to know that they are such. So we will instead say that as far as you know they are a fellow Venerated Seer that goes by the name A'as, a Sumerian chosen with some general veneration amongst Therans as a god of knowledge and patron to brainiacs out in the wilder places getting grit under their fingernails, who in another era might be called a field scientist, travelling to and fro on their studies instead of basing themselves out of the academy, and in an even different era might be called a two fisted action scientist. Unless you'd really like to know their non day job, as it were, which, hey, you spent the dot. You'd just need to keep that secret. Let me know what you want to go with there. I'll provide more detail on what they do otherwise.

A'as seems to have been Sumerian nobility of some sort before his awakening, certainly he knows his way around high culture and how to pull off fine clothing and elegant manner, thick dark hair well groomed around chiseled olive skinned features, robes generally worn open at the chest that display smooth muscles and an athletic build, but in the field everything is more unkempt clothes all work leathers and the like, various satchels and pockets for tools and gewgaws, that kind of thing, a constant being deep green eyes that sometimes gleam with flashes of inspiration or brilliance. A measure of divine physicality, perception, mental acuity, force of personality, etc. basically one of those human++++++ types rather than throwing zap bolts around. Something of a polymath across multiple fields of endeavour (the term Renaissance Man does not after all exist ;p). Has a genuine enjoyment of his work and broadening his understanding of the wider world. He's like one of those really exasperating sorts of nerds who are also good looking, athletic and able to function well socially ;p

For your contact amongst Mithras' people, I am going to be slightly lazy and also make use of something and say that it's Serekh from the noted npcs, as Serekh, like Meliai's character, is one of those contacts background masteries contacts everywhere sort of people (when you are the world's greatest bodyguard, or so the legends say, you get hired in all kinds of places by all kinds of people for all kinds of things, and you meet all sorts of people while on those jobs at that), and thus you're one of his in Thera! Serekh, there's likely nothing physical going on there, but he is courteously polite to a fault and in a well received way, and gently curious enough about the world around him to strike up conversations.

Serekh. As a contact and not an ally, you are not 100% sure to the full extent of his abilities or even 70% sure, but then as a guy whose primary job is preventing gods of death and murder and what all ever else from shellacking his clients, he probably intentionally keeps things back on his full shtick anyway so as to have some edges against that crowd. He's tall and with a lean build, his clothing cut for ease of motion, tending to simple, well made, and appropriate to whatever cultural environment he happens to be in at the time. His features are somewhat youthful, his hair a light brown that's cut a bit short in the back, but grown out thick enough otherwise that there are some errant bangs over and framing his face, his gaze is amber eyed and attentive. At times doesn't seem to move so much as flow between spaces, or perhaps carry himself on the wind. Speaks an almost ludicrous number of languages, picking up new ones with little effort at all.

Let me know if you're cool with those.

Your followers are fine. I would note if you want to be a goddess with a full out big ol cult to yourself, would take all of raising followers to 5, then finding two points to give yourself a background mastery for followers and tada! Big Ol Cult.

It would also compensate for your zilcho resources, aka, your cult provides (I mean, at backing 4, certainly the Venerated Seers also provide, but you basically have no purchasing power/income of your own then so much as you have people who cover for your shelter and food and drink).

Meliai:

Looks all fine, you do not need to detail your contacts to me at mastery: contacts. You can just generally ask in a given situation if you have contacts of some sort in the area or relevant field of interest and I will otherwise let you know if anyone you run into is a contact of yours.

Avorae

Alright, for a mentor then, how's this?

Nike, Winged Goddess of Victory

Most of the Rhadamanthines generalize at least a little bit. Or at least, it can be said that they are put to purpose across more than just one sort of task. Nike is by contrast all military, all the time. This is not to say she is warlike or bloodthirsty, simply that she knows and is at peace with where her talents are best applied. If the term existed, she would be something of the drill sergeant of the Rhadamanthine Order and Theran legions both. She is beyond that a field general, quartermaster, logistics expert and special operations commander all rolled into one. When emergencies rise where farmers need to be quickly forged into a warhost, Nike is looked to. Stern when needed, supportive when needed and dedicated always, there is a notable lack for some great motivating tragedy in her life, she is simply a loyal citizen who loves her nation and seeks to do right by it (though she would slightly roll her eyes at the notion of such a thing being simple). A Theran citizen of Minos' own isle, her awakening is held to have come just after the completion of an obstacle course in record time, basking in the personal satisfaction of the achievement (she will note, with pride, she achieved the record before she achieved her divinity). Above all else, she has a keen eye for potential, sometimes to the point of recommending some to leave the legions so as not to waste talents that could better serve another field of accomplishment. While she has built a few personal bonds with her students over the years, overall she can be seen as a bit aloof outside of war or training, rumoured to be a result of knowing more intimately that most that she is sending the men and women she instructs off to die, likely as not.

More striking than beautiful, her dark hair one of black ringlets she keeps cut short, wearing either leathers or a gleaming bronze alloy breastplate and war skirt. She wields a spear of bronze alloy in battle, and can take to the skies as wings of blazing radiance take shape and trail light in her wake.

PiP: how're we doing? Can I help with anything?

Kolbrandr

Oh, languages!

So, Theran is likely most of your native tongues, and is a fairly popular and widespread one. In the Compact itself, Egyptian sees some solid use right after it, followed by Sumerian.

The closest thing to a lingua franca the Heraclidae have amongst themselves is Mycenean.

And other languages include for ease of labelling... proto-Celtic, Proto-Germanic, proto-Slavic, Phoenician, a catch all for random ass tribal tongues in Europe I am going to call European Tribal Tongues, a catch all for Asia Minor/Levant tribal tongues I am going to call Levantine Tribal tongues, one of you, aka avorae's pc, probably speaks what we are going to call Bantu for ease. Daran, the dominant language of the Brahmin lands is a known thing.

Pretty in Pink

I'm very sorry, I've gotten extremely distracted over the last few days.

That said, Kol, would it be easier for you to start with the others, and bring me in in a couple of days, or just wait for me to get my character finished and start us all together?  I don't want to hold the game up any more than I already have...  I already feel really bad, and hope you haven't lost anyone.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Kolbrandr

Don't think I've lost anyone, and we're still refining some last few details if you look a post above you, so you still have time. I'd prefer to try for starting with all of you at once honestly. Don't feel bad!

Muse

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 27, 2015, 04:12:23 AM
Aaalright, while we wait on PiP, more indepth things:

Muse: Your character's contacts are? Also, Taint 4, oof. I presume that's after taking away for taint resistance? Also, what minor aberration do you want? I presume they're something of an overall generalist with the Rhadamanthines? Throw into whatever situation, they can generally contribute something, that sort of deal?

I was thinking of the contacts more as an information network.  I haven't gone into detail on minor contacts.  Will get to that soon. 

I did indeed take away for taint resistence.  My minor aberation is Anima Banner.  Luminious symbols of egyptian gods appear around me when i use my powers.  Most noticably the wings of Isis when I heal.  :)