A Cure for Boredom

Started by Kunoichi, October 24, 2009, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

This is pretty simple, really.  As the title suggests, I'm getting a bit bored while waiting to be approved.  As such, I was thinking that perhaps anyone else who was finding themselves bored could join in , and we could all think of some sort of roleplay to try together.

Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of ideas, myself, so the brainstorming portion of this I could definitely use some help with. ^^;

Esoteric Myobi

Wow, well that was fast >.>;

As always, I'm up for anything as long as it's interesting =) How about we pick something mundane and give it a few tweaks so that it's completely different? ;o Though at the moment I haven't too many ideas myself x.X;

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

Hmm...  Well, now that you mention it, perhaps something involving as mundane a place as a library?

Esoteric Myobi

A library is really boring. Which completely suits your topic I suppose. How about we make the 'cure' where we kind of get sucked into the story, whichever random book it is that someone opened, and end up having to play out a part of it until we can 'escape' into another book?

This was actually something that I saw in an anime once, I can't remember what it was called but there was this girl who would always 'die' once she turned sixteen. So each 'book' was a different 'world' and her friend was traveling through the books to save her before she turned sixteen and disappeared into the other 'world'. It was an interesting watch, I'll have to try and find the name of it sometime.

The only other show I could think of pertaining books was Read or Die. But I can't remember the storyline of it too well ^^;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

Well, I saw the Read or Die movie, and that was almost like something out of James Bond...

That said, I actually have seen some exciting things involving libraries, although they were more fantasy-based.  Forbidden magical books, library guardians, the library levels in Prince of Persia...  I think there was also this one composite live-action/animated movie that's kind of similar to your idea, although I don't really remember the name.

Hmm...  Maybe a library could have some sort of terrible secret?  Or people could wind up trapped in it after closing time somehow.  Taking a dare, perhaps?

Esoteric Myobi

Seeing as how it's almost Halloween, what if we went with the library having some sort of terrible secret or haunted in some way? As a dare people would get stuck inside and things would roll from there?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

That sounds good to me. ^^

Come to think of it, if we went for comedy, this could wind up with being similar to Scooby Doo...

Esoteric Myobi

Ooh! If we're gonna try for Scooby Doo, then we'd need a mystery to solve! This sounds like it's going to be rather entertaining =) A mix between...horror, mystery, and comedy then? All revolving around the library of course. I'm thinking one of those really old libraries...really big but also old...?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Yeah, with clearly gothic architecture and gargoyles! ;D

And perhaps we could take a little extra inspiration from things like, say, Ghostbusters and the Cthulhu mythos...?

Esoteric Myobi

Ghostbusters sounds like fun. I don't know anything about the Cthulhu mythos though, but this is your thread so take it away~! x3

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

The Cthulhu mythos is basically straight-up horror first written by an author named H.P. Lovecraft. ^^; The main influence I was going to draw from it was to have my character be a somewhat wacky cultist...

That said, I'm thinking the actual mystery of the library should have something to do with the library's gargoyles.

Esoteric Myobi

Should I know what the mystery actually is? Or should that be unveiled throughout the plot? You just have to nudge me in the right direction if I do something that might ruin the story ;o

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Well, the basic mystery will be unveiled pretty quickly.  Of course, the solution will take a while to solve...

I'm hoping to get a few more people, interested, though. ^^;

Esoteric Myobi

Yup. Two people wouldn't make the mystery very fun =( And it wouldn't be nearly as scary either if we're going for that =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

I guess we'll wait a bit, then...

Back to the doormat to chat?

Esoteric Myobi

Hmm..

-bumps thread in hopes of people joining-

;D

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

I'm in like Flint!  This sounds really cool!  Almost like the Pagemaster ... which is still on my list of things that I NEED to watch!  *jumps up and down* When do we start?!  When do we start?!

Esoteric Myobi

Hopefully we'll get more people in here ;o Kuno and I have been trying in the Doormat .-.; but no one's biting so far =(

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Aha, Pagemaster!  That was the movie I was thinking of!

So, do either of you have any good ideas for characters?

Cassiopeia

Hrm ... well idk, if it's just a boredom killer we could just play as "ourselves"?  But I could make up a character too.  *puts Pagemaster in netflix que* (i will NOT acknowledge you superfluous 'ue'!)

Esoteric Myobi

Hahaz, yea I was thinking that it was somewhat of a fluff thread as well since we're doing this to pass time =) If you want us to make characters then I will ;o Otherwise I don't mind just playing as ourselves either ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Well, I'm planning on playing a wacky cultist character, myself. ^^; You could probably play a high school or college student, maybe somebody who works at the library, or...  Well, yes, you could play as yourself, if you want to.  I don't mind that at all.

Or you could perhaps be the talking animal mascot...

Nitro

okay i was reading all your post's who all is in the thread right now?.

Cassiopeia

Talking animal mascot ... like a ... BADGER?!  Hmm, I don't think I'd be well suited for the mascot lifestyle  I wouldn't mind working in the library as long as I don't have to be the keeper of any of the "secrets" ... cuz i don't know them <.<  you do >.>

Kunoichi

Well, you could make up some secrets if you wanted to be a keeper of secrets, but yes, feel free to be an ordinary librarian if you'd like. ^^

Quote from: Litrori on October 25, 2009, 09:07:40 PM
okay i was reading all your post's who all is in the thread right now?.

Well, there's me, Myobi, Cassiopeia and you, so far.