News:

Main Menu

Euro 2016

Started by Beorning, June 11, 2016, 02:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Euro 2016 started today :)

Anyone here excited? Me, I'm not really into football, so I'm not *very* excited. Still, I wonder how our guys will do this time around. Considering we have Lewandowski...  ;D

Nico

Excited is an understatement! ;D

I have three teams to cheer for.

On this note..

GO THREE LIONS!

Nico

England, Germany & Austria.

And a bit for Wales because I'm a Gareth Bale fan.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Вперёд, Россия!  :D

midnightblack

I find stuff like the Rugby World Cup much more interesting, but I take a peek at events like Euro now and then. My boys had a decent stand yesterday against France, and yet I'm not very optimistic about them surviving the group.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Amazonia Mythos (world-building details for some of my recurring themes and characters; can always serve as a starting point for discussions of collaborative writing)
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Kythia

Did anyone catch the Wales/Slovakia game?  I was at work so only saw the highlights.  Did Wales deserve the win?

Nico

Quote from: Kythia on June 11, 2016, 05:04:45 PM
Did anyone catch the Wales/Slovakia game?  I was at work so only saw the highlights.  Did Wales deserve the win?
It's been a good game all in all. Both teams were giving their best but in the end it was luck. Slovakia was the more dominant team in the second half, though. Both teams would have deserved the win, imo. But yeah.. lucky is a part of the game.

Nico

Quote from: Beorning on June 12, 2016, 11:25:40 AM
Poland's playing against Ireland right now!
And it's been a good game thus far!

Nico

And soon...

Germany - Ukraine

Naturally so... GO GERMANY!

Beorning

Quote from: Nicholas on June 12, 2016, 11:46:45 AM
And it's been a good game thus far!

And they won! Somehow, I suspect that it won't be that easy with Germans (our next game). Although... we actually won against them not too long ago, so... there is a chance.

Yup, sure there is  ;D

Nico

Quote from: Beorning on June 12, 2016, 01:25:58 PM
And they won! Somehow, I suspect that it won't be that easy with Germans (our next game). Although... we actually won against them not too long ago, so... there is a chance.

Yup, sure there is  ;D

I was a bit disappointed with Poland, though. They can do SO MUCH BETTER. I missed Lewandowski. He was kinda.. invisible.

Beorning

Quote from: Nicholas on June 12, 2016, 01:34:28 PM
I was a bit disappointed with Poland, though. They can do SO MUCH BETTER.

You really think so? I'm not so optimistic...

I missed Lewandowski. He was kinda.. invisible.

Yeah, I admit that I'm a little surprised that it wasn't him who scored the winning goal. He's not the only good player on the team, but he's definitely the best.

Nico

Quote from: Beorning on June 12, 2016, 01:49:12 PM
You really think so? I'm not so optimistic...

Yeah, I admit that I'm a little surprised that it wasn't him who scored the winning goal. He's not the only good player on the team, but he's definitely the best.
Oh yes I do. Looking back at qualification, Poland wasn't bad at all.  Yep, there's many good players on that team, he was just a bit insivible this time, but there is always the next game!

Deamonbane

And Germany has the lead!

On a side note, would this be a good thread to talk about the Copa America that's happening now too? Or should I start another thread?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Derwaysh

Don't just be strong. Be Shweinstieger Stronk. 8-)

I'd also welcome a Cope America thread if this one's just for Euros. Go Argentina!, Brazil!, USA!!, err... lets have a wicked cup.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Deamonbane

Well, if we are discussing it in this thread, Brazil was eliminated in the first phase.

Granted, they played some pretty non-committal football, but the goal that sealed their fate (Brazil 0 x 1 Peru. A tie would have led Brazil to the next phase), was a blatant handball in which the Peruvian player all but volleyball served the ball into the goal. After about 5 minutes of deliberations, in which the referee team was completely lost and in which the big screen showed no replay of the goal from which they could make certain, he called it a goal.

In short, a disgrace.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Derwaysh

I have never seen Brazil go route one. Direct play/long ball is not their style of play. I also find it strange that someone of Neymar's caliber would be played in the Olympics team but not Copa America, of course the former may seem a bit more prestigious. The hand ball was controversial but their play was nothing like their game against Costa Rica.

In other news how about that Espana vs. Czech Republic? Just one goal but I'm seeing signs of a Spanish team that can go all the way to the finals. :o
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Nico

I loved the Italians yesterday. Well done!

And today..

GO AUSTRIA! ;D

yobo

I keep an eye on Euro 2016, and have watched a few games, but I don't have that much of an enthusiasm for it. If I get to watch some good games I'm happy, and so far the games I've watched have been good. And even though I didn't get around to see their game I'm hoping Iceland will make an impact, along with the other underdogs.

Nico

Iceland was totally awesome yesterday and so was Slovakia today!

midnightblack

My boys managed an equal score with Switzerland. They played decently enough for the first half but ran out of breath around the break and didn't really recover.
The Midnight Lodge (O2 thread & completed tales compendium)
Thy Nightly Chambers (requests) updated!
Amazonia Mythos (world-building details for some of my recurring themes and characters; can always serve as a starting point for discussions of collaborative writing)
Zerzura (albeit short, the best collaborative story I've ever completed here)

Beorning

This evening: Poland vs Germany!

... oh dear, that will not end well  ;D

Nico

The England vs Wales game was awesome.

Looking forward to the evening game now. ;D