Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

Quote from: Riveda on December 08, 2013, 05:35:19 PM
Self 6: At 2013-12-08 17:29:29, Riveda (uid: 39199) rolls: 1d100 Result: 97
Success, I pick up a hardened notch.

Isolation 4: At 2013-12-08 17:28:47, Riveda (uid: 39199) rolls: 1d100 Result: 45
Failure, I pick up a failed notch.

For complex rules reasons I really would rather it had been the other way around but oh well.

I think it is the other way round?  97 a failure, 45 a success?  Or am I confused? 

Likely to be tomorrow before I can get a reply up, I'm afraid, but will try for tonight.

Rook Seidhr

I got the rolls mixed up. You'll see in the comments for the rolls that I attributed them correctly to Self (hardened) and Isolation (failed) but pasted them incorrectly. Edited to fix.

Kythia

Rook Seidhr

Flight response! Wonder where Bran'll end up?

Kythia

Remiel, Demigod and Blythe - before your next post roll me a Significant Notice check (d100, you want to get under your Mind skill).  If you succeed you notice Bran take off.  Obviously if someone mentions it IC before you post then you'll notice as well.

Riveda - did you have any preference on where/if your mam works?

Kythia

Oh, and...

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Unknown_Armies

Just a placeholder at the moment, but will be going live soon.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Kythia on December 11, 2013, 10:37:47 AM
Riveda - did you have any preference on where/if your mam works?
Really hadn't thought about it. You tell me.

Kythia

Rocktastic.  Your dad has to be on good money, I'm leaning towards a part time job in a shop just for her pin money and to stop her getting bored.

Rook Seidhr

Blythe

Rolled mah Notice check--got a 65, so I suspect Miyo is oblivious to where Bran has run off to. >_>

Demigod1945

Rolled my Notice for Chris, got a 22. His mind skill is 75, so I do believe that is a successful roll.

Remiel

Crap, had a nice post all typed up and then noticed this.  Rolled a 48, which means he failed to notice Bran running off?  (Norm's Mind is 70, but his Notice is 25).

Still, I would think that you'd have to be a world champion ditz not to notice the person you'd just been talking to jump out of his seat and leg it away.

Oh, okay, just had to get under the Mind number.  That makes sense.  Sweet, I'll go ahead and re-post to the IC thread.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Remiel on December 12, 2013, 02:51:30 PM
Still, I would think that you'd have to be a world champion ditz not to notice the person you'd just been talking to jump out of his seat and leg it away.
I think the idea was that when Bran said "Excuse me," he left the shop to make his call outside. At least, that's how I read Kythia's post. So the question would be, did you notice him running away from the door of the shop.

Remiel

Ah, gotcha.  It wasn't clear in your post, so I assumed he checked his phone at the table.

Rook Seidhr

I thought he was going to check the phone at the table. Kythia thought not. Her post was so lovely I didn't want to correct her :)

Kythia

Quote from: Riveda on December 12, 2013, 03:40:59 PM
I thought he was going to check the phone at the table. Kythia thought not. Her post was so lovely I didn't want to correct her :)

Checking your phone whilst in a conversation with other people results in a permanent -50% shift to charm.  It's inexcusable.  Every major world religion forbids it.  International human rights agencies refuse to come to the defence of people doing it.  If/when the apes rise up against us, scientists suspect their rebellion will be fuelled by hatred of people checking their phone in the middle of a conversation.  Prominent medical experts state that Mandela and Gandhi are both dead because they couldn't bear to live in a world where that happened.  I could go on...

I mean, errr, sorry.

Rook Seidhr

Am I supposed to be upset that Bran has better manners than I do in that regard? :)

Kythia

"Mortified".  You're supposed to be "mortified" that Bran has better manners than you in that regard.  He's a seventeen year old boy.  All he thinks about is touching boobs, smelling weird and whoever the kids are listening to nowadays.  Are Abba still hip?  But still he has better manners.  Hang your head, young man.

Meh, sorry again.  Never considered you weren't leaving.  Shoulda checked but never even thought of it to check.  Man, does it bug me when people do that.  If you're talking to me/being talked at by me then I demand full attention.

Remiel

It's okay, Riveda, I kind of tune Kythia out these days anyway.

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Kythia on December 12, 2013, 05:24:04 PM
Meh, sorry again.
Hey, if you hadn't had Bran standing outside the shop I would have gone with paralysis instead of flight, and flight in this case is much more entertaining. So you're totes forgivs. Totes McGoats.

Kythia

Quote from: Riveda on December 12, 2013, 07:26:10 PM
Hey, if you hadn't had Bran standing outside the shop I would have gone with paralysis instead of flight, and flight in this case is much more entertaining. So you're totes forgivs. Totes McGoats.

Amazeballs

Kythia

You'll both notice Remiel take off, automatically (obviously).  I'll leave it a couple of days before my post. 

Remiel and I were talking, errr, the other night and he was asking for a higher pressure situation for the four of you.  Is that a feeling that's shared?  I have something broadly written but wasn't sure if Remiel was an outlier?

Demigod1945

I'm game for that, I could use something to help me get back in smoothly. I've been swamped with my classes lately, which is why I don't post as much as I would like to.

Rook Seidhr

I'm good either with the current, more cerebral play, or something that would force me to regret Bran having as low a Dodge as he does :D or for that matter some kind of tricky social maze. I love tricky social mazes.

Blythe

I'm up for just about anything, but something more high-pressure would be a nice change of pace.

Also, small warning--bogged down with RL lately--my posting speed has slowed to a crawl. Will try to have something written for this in a few days.