Gundam, Zoids, Battletech, or an original Mecha Universe (Interest check linked)

Started by King Serperior, August 26, 2015, 08:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralhend

Alright, I THINK this is the last question I have.

Will there be a round robin style of posting where we just take turns where we have an established order, or will it be a free for all, or will we discuss it in OOCC for who posts next, or something else?
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

King Serperior

Personally, I say that anyone can post, so long as they don't do so in such a way that another player feels left out.  I.E. two players shouldn't have their characters hold a conversation that goes on for nearly a page.  An established posting order is nice, but we don't need it to be concrete where another can't post until someone else has.

I hope that's understandable and my way with words didn't jumble everything up?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

If someone has an opening they want to respond to, but don't have time to post at that moment, they should speak up so others can hold off, but otherwise freeform, I would say.

King Serperior

With fewer words, Karma has explained what I was trying to say more clearly.   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Ralhend

Alright, works for me.  I will keep everyone apprised of my situation and availability in the OOC thread =D
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/

Saria

Which I should probably go about making, at some point. :P
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

Saria

Hm, it looks like one of my posts vanished into the aether. Here's roughly what it was:

Quote from: King Serperior on September 13, 2015, 05:23:22 PM
Ah!  Okay, I get you now!  Makes sense when you put it that way.
That's the IC justification for it. The OOC GM justification is that I'm wary of dumping too many plot elements in too early. We'll already have a ton to deal with at first, so there's really no need for the missile thing to be brought up. Besides, we may find that we go off in a direction that makes the missile irrelevant, and just never get back to it. We could end up a long, long way in then suddenly someone says, "Hey, what about that missile?"

The classic anti-example of what I'm talking about is Lost, which introduced buckets and buckets of plot elements, and then just... forgot about 90% of them. Eventually at the end of the series there were a ton of things that were brought up but just never explained, leaving the whole thing as an incoherent mess.

We can always keep the missile in our back pocket, and bring it up in a dramatic way in-game. Or not if there's too much else going on.

When are we going to have a final answer from those two people? This is starting to get silly.

Ralhend

Quote from: Saria on September 13, 2015, 09:57:07 PM
Hm, it looks like one of my posts vanished into the aether. Here's roughly what it was:
That's the IC justification for it. The OOC GM justification is that I'm wary of dumping too many plot elements in too early. We'll already have a ton to deal with at first, so there's really no need for the missile thing to be brought up. Besides, we may find that we go off in a direction that makes the missile irrelevant, and just never get back to it. We could end up a long, long way in then suddenly someone says, "Hey, what about that missile?"

The classic anti-example of what I'm talking about is Lost, which introduced buckets and buckets of plot elements, and then just... forgot about 90% of them. Eventually at the end of the series there were a ton of things that were brought up but just never explained, leaving the whole thing as an incoherent mess.

We can always keep the missile in our back pocket, and bring it up in a dramatic way in-game. Or not if there's too much else going on.

why dont we focus on "Survive and get out of the warzone" first...   Secondary quests can be discussed later in OOC as they develop?

King Serperior

Quote from: Karma on September 13, 2015, 09:58:24 PM
When are we going to have a final answer from those two people? This is starting to get silly.
I just sent them both a PM saying how we are ready to get going and that, if they don't truly have the time to join, to let us know as soon as they can so we can find another interested person or two.  Apologies for the delays.   :-(

Quote from: Ralhend on September 13, 2015, 08:55:44 PM
Alright, works for me.  I will keep everyone apprised of my situation and availability in the OOC thread =D
Quote from: Saria on September 13, 2015, 09:05:50 PM
Which I should probably go about making, at some point. :P
Haha, that is something we'll be needing at some point.  :P

Quote from: Saria on September 13, 2015, 09:57:07 PM

Never saw Lost, but I hear there is a Polar Bear on a tropical island.  O.o

Anyway, I understand what you're saying and it makes complete sense.  I agree that too much too soon is a bad idea.

Quote from: Ralhend on September 13, 2015, 10:08:05 PM
why dont we focus on "Survive and get out of the warzone" first...   Secondary quests can be discussed later in OOC as they develop?
I do think that's what she means.  *nod*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Ralhend

okies, life is good then, situation normal

*waits patiently*

King Serperior

Name:  Angela Blair
Role:  Pro Mech Fighter
Nicknames:  Often called 'Angel of Destruction' in the arena or just 'Angel'
Callsign:  N/A
Sexuality:  Straight, but curious
Height:  5'5" (165cm)
Weight:  125lbs (57kg)
Eyes:  Green
Hair:  Red, straight, cut to shoulder length, often gets cut shorter if it gets too much to handle
Skin:  Lightly tanned
Physique:  Healthy and lithe
Distinguishing Marks:  Tattoo of a purple rose on left shoulder.

Appearance:  Like the image, for the most part. =>;  Appears rather pixie-like.  Despite that, she is very much tomboyish, though she does occasionally like to make sure she looks decent.  In all honesty, she looks more like the kind of girl who should be a model instead of a mech fighter.  More often than not, her looks cause her opponents to underestimate her. 

Bio:  Angela was born on one of the small colonies on Earth's moon and was raised by her grandparents, her parents owning a few decently-sized factories that build and repair mechs.  She was born on the moon because her parents didn't want her to live on Earth which was no place for a child to grow up on due to the fighting going on in some areas and the intense mech combat in the more peaceful countries.  So, the first ten years of her life was spent going to one of the better schools on the moon and growing up.  Despite that, she discovered the joys of Mech Combat when she was 10 after watching an underdog pilot defeat a champion pilot in a wild 1v1 match.  From that day forward, she was interested in combat mechs.  By the time she was thirteen, she learned how to drive a small loader mech, the very one that that her grandfather drove to load and unload shipping containers at the colony's main port.  When she was sixteen, she caught the attention of someone who worked on the mech combat circuit.  It turned out that the guy had never seen someone so young pilot a machine like that with such ease and thought she had potential.  By the time she was eighteen, she was piloting a Light mech and winning one-vs-one battles with little effort in the lower leagues of the circuit.  By the time she was twenty, she'd upgraded to a Heavy mech and was working on two-man teams for a change.  However, she quickly found that her style of battle clashed with most of the teammates' she sided with.  By the time she was twenty-one, she'd won one of the larger tournaments and that supplied her enough money, along with the selling of her winning Heavy mech, to buy a custom Colossal mech.

Her parents, having followed her progress, helped her upgrade and work on her newest mech which was based on an 'Omni-Shell' system, one of the most adaptable of the Colossal Mech shells.  Her parents were thrilled to learn that she was planning on piloting the newest mech type and helped upgrade it according to her strengths.  Thus, the Ragnarok was born.

Angela eventually took this machine to win a number of smaller championships and excelled in Free-for-all battles.  In just two years, she achieved enough victories and made friends in key locations to receive an invite to this year's grand championship as one of three Dark Horse picks.  There, she fought her way to 7th place, surprising a number of people with her skill and dogged determination.  After such a hard-fought victory, reaching the top ten in that tournament, she and Ragnarok returned to the Moon for repairs, upgrades, and reloading.  She planned to stay there for a few weeks before returning to Earth just in time to enter the new season.

Equipment/Gear (Grabbed before entering the Mech's Storage Container):
A couple of cases of personal items ranging from spare clothes to some food to some water.

Chassis:  Hexapod Omni-Frame
Model:  Custom Design
Weight Class:  Colossal
Weight:  125 tons (Standard loadout, fully loaded); 180 tons (Maximum carry weight)
Height:  27m (89 feet)
Top Speed:  40kph (25mph)
Mech Name:  Ragnarok
Armaments (Standard Layout):
Rail Gun:  Central weapon and main gun, the Rail Gun fires a long piece of hardened Tungsten that is designed to penetrate even through cover.  It can only fire one shot before requiring reloading and requires a three second charge time before firing.  However, once fired, the seven pound projectile travels at speeds that exceed Mach 6, making a direct hit devastating.  It takes 10 seconds (5 with the custom ammo delivery system) to load up a new projectile.  The weapon has an effective range of nearly 20 kilometers, each projectile losing nearly no velocity when it reaches its target.  The Rail Gun has a normally has a total of 100 projectiles, more than eight the number she would ever need in the arena, theoretically anyway.  However, when it was loaded on the transport, the Ragnarok was loaded with it's maximum ammo for all weapons:  600 projectiles (4.2 tons).  As the main gun, the Rail Gun cannot be removed without completely altering the mech's frame.
Minigun:  Mounted just above and to the right of the main gun, the Minigun is designed for closer work than the Rail Gun and can help pin down a close-range target while the main gun charges and takes aim.  The minigun fires depleted uranium rounds that can tear apart smaller mechs, vehicles, and personnel with ease.  Fully loaded, the minigun has a total of 720,000 rounds of ammo and the gun fires at a rate of 12,000 rounds per minute.  It takes about a second for the barrel to spin up before it fires.  The minigun can be removed and/or replaced if needs be.
2x 14-Missile Pods:  Featuring 14 explosive high-yield missiles, these pods are mounted on the just above, behind, and to the left and right of the main gun in a half-hexagonal, half-cube launcher whose safety covering can flick open to rain either direct or suppressing fire on the targets.  Each missile carries a high-yield payload and travels at 350 mph towards its target.  Each missile can be fired either individually or at the same time as any number of others, providing either precise attacks or an overwhelming assault.  Each pod has three full pods of replacements, totaling 84 missiles overall, though the missile pods must be emptied before the replacement set can be loaded (which takes up to thirty seconds).  The Missile Pods are set on rotating turrets and, as such, are currently only weapons that can be fired backwards on Ragnarok.  It is mainly used to pin down a target, get them out of cover, or for pure offensive purposes.  Both missile pods can be removed and/or replaced.
Armaments (Non-Standard):  N/A
Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard): 
Ammo Delivery System:  Halves the time it takes to reload ammo.  Extremely important for the Rail Gun's lower reload rate.
Target Lock:  Makes the Rail Gun and Missile System much more accurate and deadly; Limited range, but once a target is locked onto, target lock remains even if the target is out of sight for almost 60s.
6x Gripping Claws:  Under each leg is a 'foot' with a 4-prong gripping claw that allows the mech to grab the ground to help reduce recoil and provide extra stability.
Fortress Armour:  The mech doesn't need speed, rather it needs heavy armor to survive in the arena while picking off targets.  Even for it's weight class, the Ragnarok's armor is substantial. 
Basic Sensors and Communications Equipment:  Designed for the arena, these sensors and communications are of limited range.

Strengths: 
Omni-Frame Chassis and Advanced Fusion Core:  The most advanced frame ever created by Blair Industries and the only one of it's kind, this frame is a company secret and was designed solely for Angela and the Ragnarok.  The Omni-Frame is extremely adaptable, allowing it to take on nearly every weapon and electronic subsystem in existence with no problem.  The entire mech, all weapons systems, and electronic systems are powered by a massive fusion core, which is the most efficient core ever put on a mech.  It's powerful enough to power a medium city all on it's own with nearly no strain on it.  The Omni-Frame was designed by Angela's mother and the Fusion Core was designed by her father.
Powerful Weaponry:  It is rare that a mech has the stopping power of two Missile Pods, a Rail Gun, a Minigun, and enough ammo to hold back a small army.  The Ragnarok has this stopping power, making it a deadly threat on the battlefield.
Extremely Heavy Armor:  Backing up the weaponry is the massive slabs of armor coating nearly every surface of the mech.  It is a true juggernaut in the arena, able to shrug off attacks that would cripple smaller mechs.  The Ragnarok once survived a missile barrage of more than 100 Swarmers with barely any damage, walking out of the smoke to blast the legs off the smaller mech it was facing.
Very Stable Firing Platform: Six legs and six gripping claws allows the mech to accurately fire it's weapons on just about any terrain while on the move.
Massive Power Source:  It takes a LOT to power this behemoth of a mech and it's fusion engine is one of the most powerful of it's weight class.
Pilot Protection:  The pilot sits deep inside the mech, protected from nearly all assaults.  It is theorized that, when the cockpit is sealed, the pilot could survive a nuclear blast due to the mech's massive, thick armor and the cockpit's sealing system.
Ranged Combat:  A combination of missile fire and the massive range of the Rail Gun's projectiles allows it to cut down targets before they get into range.
Open Environments:  With the combination of massive armor, range, and firepower, the Ragnarok is the kind of mech that excels on an open battlefield.

Weaknesses: 
Size:  Being an Colossal mech, it's size means that it is a big target.
Noise:  The Ragnarok is pretty much impossible to use silently, so sneaky tactics are out of the question.
Speed:  Though the Ragnarok has a powerful power source and is fairly quick for it's size and weight, it is still fairly slow, maxing out at 40kph.
No Hands:  Due to it's design, it has no hands to use in delicate situations.
Close Range:  Due to the weapons systems, the Ragnarok's main defense at close range is it's Minigun as the Rail Gun fires too slowly to make it useful beyond a single shot.  As such, when dealing with small, fast targets, assistance by allies is appreciated.
Urban Environments:  Due to the Ragnarok's size, battles in cities prove difficult due to the closed in space.

Overall Description:  Ragnarok is a large, somewhat squat, Hexapod mech with thick armor plating covering nearly all of the mech's body.  Due to it's increased weight and the way it's legs are designed, it is not very fast or agile.  It's thick legs instead provide stability when firing it's weapons, no matter the terrain.  Each leg has gripping claws that allow it to grip the ground and stand it's ground while the pilot aims and fires it's weaponry.  Ragnarok has the Blair Factory Logo (a purple rose) printed on it to represent it's pilot's family's factories.  Other than that, it can easily be painted multiple coloration, but it is usually a rusty brown, giving it the illusion of it being little more than a giant rust bucket.  The main gun is the largest and most central of the armaments and is the most powerful ranged weapon the Ragnarok has (Though a full barrage of missiles outdoes it).  The Minigun is more for closer work and the missile pod is for pinning down targets until Ragnarok can bring it's other weapons to bear.  The heavy armor on the legs provide additional protection.  The pilot accesses the cockpit via a cable and footloop to lift the pilot from the ground.

Equipment/Gear (Stored inside Ragnarok's cockpit):

• 3X Pilot Suits: Two of them being spares loaded into the cockpit since Angela ruined two suits during the course of last season's 'Mech Wars.'  Suits are form-fitting and are designed to protect the pilot;  Colored purple and white with the Blair Industries logo on the left shoulder.
  • 2X Pilot Helmets:  One is a spare;  Not meant to stop bullets, rather to integrate with machine: has built-in face mask, augmented reality display, and communications, once plugged in to the mech;  Has the Blair Industries logo on the left side of the helmet.
  • Maintenance Kit:  As a precaution, the kit would allow Angela to do some minor repair work on the Ragnarok.
  • Plasma Torch:  Though the cockpit is sealed and is nearly impenetrable from the outside, the inside has a number of special failsafes that, when cut through, would allow the pilot to escape should the mech be entirely powerless for some reason;  Doubles as a weapon, but why would she need a weapon?
  • Fire Extinguisher:  For the unlikely, but still possible chance, of a fire in the cockpit.
  • Aid Kit:  For mostly minor wounds and scrapes;  Hasn't been used, but is periodically replaced anyway.
  • Flashlight:  For if the internal lights go out, just in case.
  • Sturdy Knife:  For if she is forced to cut through the thick straps of her pilot's seat if they become jammed;  Doubles as a weapon if somehow needed.
  • Old, but well-kept 9mm pistol:  Though it has no ammo, Angela keeps her grandfather's old pistol he used in the war with her as a good luck charm since it kept him alive;  She has fired it before and is decent with it, but only on the practice range.
  • Gas Mask:  Standard in all mechs
  • Three Gallon Water Purifier:  Depending on the format, some mech battles can take a long time.  During this time, the cockpit tends to heat up and that causes the pilot to begin sweating.  To counteract water loss, Angela's father personally installed a water purifier into cockpit that can hold up to three gallons of water at a time.  The pilot can sip the pure water through a straw-like cord that can be connected to the pilot's helmet.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Ralhend

I only have one concern.  We are gonna be on the run.  If the enemy gets a good fix on our position with satellite tracking, they may send a swarm of fast movers (aircraft, lights and/or mediums) after us, and we may have to scuttle the Ragnarok due to its speed.   I'd be heartbroken, because that big bastard looks to be awesome...

Saria

Quote from: Ralhend on September 13, 2015, 10:08:05 PM
Bear in mind, though, that if we do manage to survive and get out of the warzone, the game is essentially over. It's not so much get out of the danger area first then do other stuff, it's more like we'll be doing other stuff while in the process of getting out of danger, in the lulls between crises.

Quote from: Ralhend on September 13, 2015, 10:43:44 PM
I only have one concern.  We are gonna be on the run.  If the enemy gets a good fix on our position with satellite tracking, they may send a swarm of fast movers (aircraft, lights and/or mediums) after us, and we may have to scuttle the Ragnarok due to its speed.   I'd be heartbroken, because that big bastard looks to be awesome...
That's why someone thought to put a satellite tracking system on her mech. :-) We will know with plenty of warning if/when enemy satellites are coming into range, and we can throw camouflage netting over the mechs. Unless they know where to look for us, we'll be hidden well enough - and if they know where we are, satellites would be the least of our worries.

Ralhend

Quote from: Saria on September 13, 2015, 11:44:33 PM
Bear in mind, though, that if we do manage to survive and get out of the warzone, the game is essentially over. It's not so much get out of the danger area first then do other stuff, it's more like we'll be doing other stuff while in the process of getting out of danger, in the lulls between crises.

I wasn't suggesting that, i just meant get out of any "immediate danger"

And anyway, after this lengthy adventure is over:
"Youre not thinking fourth dimensionally!!!"

There is always a conflict somewhere...  I am sure someone will want to hire a ragtag bunch like us to handle "something"
Only we get to do so as an organized force, with better equipment and a full compliment of ammo.  But we can discuss that bridge when we come to it *super huge grin*

Saria

I don't think this crew is much for voluntary adventuring. :P I'm just guessing with the others, but I'd bet the moment we get back to safe territory, Angela's going back to the arena with her new-found real-life combat skills, and Athena's going back to her labs to integrate everything she learned from her unplanned field test. As for Deepika, the moment they get back to allied turf, she's going to report in - she's still a soldier, after all, and still just a few short months away from her Captain's stripes. Then she's probably going to take a relaxing hunting vacation - as in going to a tropical beach and hunting cabana boys.

Ralhend

Joseph will likely find himself addicted to mech combat, and fall in with a merc group somewhere after this.

It wouldnt be hard for me to take the character and write up another mech adventure that takes him elsewhere.  There is always another adventure over the hill...

King Serperior

Okay, I have received word from one of the two interested parties and RL and game-related issues have them too busy to join.  I am still waiting on word from the second interested party.

Quote from: Saria on September 14, 2015, 07:20:51 AM
I don't think this crew is much for voluntary adventuring. :P I'm just guessing with the others, but I'd bet the moment we get back to safe territory, Angela's going back to the arena with her new-found real-life combat skills, and Athena's going back to her labs to integrate everything she learned from her unplanned field test. As for Deepika, the moment they get back to allied turf, she's going to report in - she's still a soldier, after all, and still just a few short months away from her Captain's stripes. Then she's probably going to take a relaxing hunting vacation - as in going to a tropical beach and hunting cabana boys.
You have that right! Heck, she may even store the Ragnarok away and try a new mech should her experiences give her new ideas!

Quote from: Ralhend on September 14, 2015, 10:26:49 AM
Joseph will likely find himself addicted to mech combat, and fall in with a merc group somewhere after this.
If that were to happen, Angela could even get him into arena combat.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Garuss Vakarian

Just making sure every one knows I am interested, and will make a character as soon as possible. ^^

King Serperior

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on September 14, 2015, 07:29:13 PM
Just making sure every one knows I am interested, and will make a character as soon as possible. ^^
Great!  Glad you could make it!  I'll compile what we have to make it easier on you when it comes to making your character:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=10]INSERT CHARACTER IMAGE URL[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Rank:[/b]  [i]Military or civilian[/i]
[b]Role:[/b] 
[b]Nicknames:[/b]  [i]If any[/i]
[b]Callsign:[/b]  [i]If any[/i]
[b]Age:[/b] 
[b]Gender:[/b] 
[b]Sexuality:[/b] 
[b]Height:[/b] 
[b]Weight:[/b] 
[b]Eyes:[/b] 
[b]Hair:[/b] 
[b]Skin:[/b] 
[b]Physique:[/b] 
[b]Distinguishing Marks:[/b] 

[b]Appearance:[/b]  [i]Anything the picture doesn't show.[/i]

[b]Bio:[/b]  [i]Brief biography of character[/i]

[b]Equipment/Gear (Grabbed before entering the Mech's Storage Container):[/b]  [i]Items grabbed before everything is jettisoned[/i]

[hr]

[float=left][img height=300 padding=10]INSERT MECH IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Chassis:[/b]  [i]Mech Frame[/i]
[b]Model:[/b]  [i]If it is a standard-issue mech, name the model;  If it is a custom design, just leave it as 'Custom'[/i]
[b]Weight Class:[/b]  [i]Battle Armor, Light, Medium, Heavy, or Colossal[/i]
[b]Weight:[/b]  [i]Mech Weight (List weight with standard layout and maximum carry weight)[/i]
[b]Height:[/b] [i]Mech Height[/i]
[b]Top Speed:[/b]  [i]Mech's top speed under standard layout[/i]
[b]Mech Name:[/b]  [i]If the mech is named, list it;  If it has a callsign instead, list that.[/i]
[b]Armaments (Standard Layout):[/b]  [i]List the mech's standard weapon systems;  Each system should be noted as fixed or not (I.E. can it be removed and replaced with another weapon?);  Basically, the weapons that the mech starts with.[/i]

[b]Armaments (Non-Standard):[/b]  [i]List any additional and/or replaced weapons on the mech.[/i]

[b]Subsystems (Standard and Nonstandard):[/b]  [i]Anything that isn't a weapons system (I.E. adaptive camouflage, jump jets, Advanced targeting systems, ect); Note whether they are standard or nonstandard.[/i]

[b]Strengths:[/b]  [i]List at least three things this mech excels at, both in and out of combat (I.E. Hands, mobility, armor, ect)[/i]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]  [i]List at least three things this mech has difficulty with both in and out of combat (I.E. Very loud, slow reload/recharging weapons, limited mobility. ect)[/i]

[b]Overall Description:[/b]  [i]A short, detailed description of the mech that the picture doesn't show.[/i]

[b]Equipment/Gear:[/b]  [i]Gear that is stored in the mech's cockpit[/i]

As you can see in the Mech CS part, it talks about weight class.  The weight classes are:  Power/Battle Armor, Light, Medium, Heavy, and Colossal. 
Power/Battle Armor is about the size of the Hulkbuster from the Avengers.  They usually weigh no more than 5 tons. 
Light mechs are about 25-30 tons, give or take. 
Medium mechs are around 50 tons. 
Heavy mechs are around 75 tons. 
Colossal mechs, such as the Ragnarok, are 100+ tons.  For example, Ragnarok weighs in at about 125 tons. 

Mechs that fall under the minimal weight class (I.E. a 60 ton mech) would be classed as Medium.  A mech must weigh at least 75 tons to be classed as Heavy).

Some things to note:  Power/Battle Armor usually can interface with a larger mech, allowing the pilot to take control of it or provide extra firepower and defense.  Doing so while someone is piloting the target mech is usually a very bad idea as an interface attempt with an active mech is liable to throw the smaller one off and cause serious damage.

As for the heights, it really depends on if the mech is a biped or multiped.  Due to it's design, I'd estimate that Ragnarok stands about 2-3 stories tall, perhaps.  I may be under or overestimating since I have never thought of it before.  A general rule of thumb is that heavier mechs tend to be larger than smaller ones.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

akirakaneda

I've just seen thi thread, so although it might be late to ask this ... but may I submit a mecha and a character?

King Serperior

Quote from: akirakaneda on September 14, 2015, 09:41:07 PM
I've just seen thi thread, so although it might be late to ask this ... but may I submit a mecha and a character?
Sure, feel free to.  It's only one open place left, so let's see what you have.  Tell me, do you have an idea for a character and mech in mind?  As said to one other person earlier, this is a realistic mech game, so nothing anime-like, such as Gundam and Zoids, will be used.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Ralhend

I am tempted to write up a teaser for what my character is doing on the transport, and during the mechanical failure / meteor strike / mishap to prepare for the escape...   I still have no active stories yet, and my muse is going apeshit, almost about to blow a gasket...

King Serperior

Quote from: Karma on September 14, 2015, 09:52:59 PM
Ohai again, Garrus. :)
Oh?  You know Garrus?  Great!

Quote from: Ralhend on September 14, 2015, 10:39:02 PM
I am tempted to write up a teaser for what my character is doing on the transport, and during the mechanical failure / meteor strike / mishap to prepare for the escape...   I still have no active stories yet, and my muse is going apeshit, almost about to blow a gasket...
If you feel like doing so and if it will ease the muse some, feel free.  Just know that it may require editing, depending on how the opening post starts!

On that note, I have finally finished the edits to my character and mech.  Going off the heights of the other mechs and seeing that Ralhend's is ~11 meters tall and is a Medium weight class, I made the Ragnarok ~27 meters tall since it is a Colossal class.  Other than that, just a few minor edits here and there to clarify details.

Now, we just wait to see what Garrus's and possibly akirakaneda's character and mech concepts are.

So, while we wait on them and their ideas, does anyone else have any concerns, questions, or ideas?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace