Dragon Ball: A new World (Recruitment)

Started by Green Goo Theory, December 26, 2017, 12:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathyan

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 27, 2017, 04:49:46 PM
I might need more help on how to add padding.  Never really dabbled in coding like that.

Here you go ^^
[float=left][img height=300 padding=2]Appearance [/img][/float]

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 27, 2017, 10:04:48 PM
Update:  I'd like to get people's thoughts on the sexual content and thread location for the RP.  I am personally fine with placing it anywhere and I'd like to avoid having the RP's rating be a dealbreaker for people. 
I suppose NC exotic since this would involve fighting thus probably NC or dubious-con and there could be animal people characters

And
Random idea: what if grown up Arale transforms into Uranai Baba when she sneezes :P
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

+=

Batman4560

I've never wanted to fight against Arale in my life but now I do!

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Kathyan on December 27, 2017, 10:59:31 PM
Here you go ^^
[float=left][img height=300 padding=2]Appearance [/img][/float]

I suppose NC exotic since this would involve fighting thus probably NC or dubious-con and there could be animal people characters

And
Random idea: what if grown up Arale transforms into Uranai Baba when she sneezes :P

+=

I have no idea how to make a a gynoid to magician transformation work but that's an eerily sexy combo.  Thank you so much for the formatting! 

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 27, 2017, 11:01:41 PM
I've never wanted to fight against Arale in my life but now I do!

Never wanted to fight Arale?  Really?  That's been the dream fight for me for probably two of my characters. 

Seeing how I forgot about including Arale style androids and cyborgs and such I think I might have to rescind my previous apprehension about Majin.  We'd just need to come up with an agreed backstory to explain their existence early in this universe. 
Coming soon...

Batman4560

Name: Matthew Shaw
Race: Human
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Emotional, headstrong and aloof are all words that would describe Matt fairly well. He's the type to let his emotions get the best of him when pushed and thus act without thinking. That being said it's hard to crack his seemingly care free nature and get him upset. He acts like nothing bothers him even if things do. He takes things seriously but normally acts as if everything is a joke because he understands that people need levity in serious situations or the world around them might seem like its crashing down. The type to never give his troubles to others while constantly taking on the burdens of his friends, Matt is quick to try and make friends and slow to let them go.
History:
At the early age of six, Matt was taken by his uncle from Yunzabit Heights when his parents fell deathly ill from a sickness that modern medicine couldn't cure. His uncle, the famous adventurer Arron Shaw decided to dedicate the rest of his life to finding seven magical spheres called Dragon Balls, rumored to grant a single wish with each use of the orbs. Together he and Matt traveled the world to find the items in question, often turning up short but always finding clues that would no doubt lead them closer and closer to the dragon balls. During his travels, Matt learned street fighting from his grandfather who was a championship winning street fighter in Ireland, quickly mastering the skill so that he wouldn't be a burden in the event of danger. Matt took to fighting like a fish in water and his mastery of the single martial art wasn't enough. Soon he was learning from any master he could in any given area he happened to find himself in during his quest for the mythical Dragon Balls.

By the time Matt had turned five, he and his Uncle had collected six of the seven balls and in order to get the last ball, the two had to compete in a fighting tournament held on a small island off the coast of Japan, the grand prize being the Dragon Ball and a set of clothes that would change at the wearers command. Both Matt and Arron entered the competition and in the end, the two had to fight one another. After a fierce battle, neither one of their prideful mentalities allowing them to simply give up, Matt revealed he had created his own form of Martial Arts that blended all the strengths he had picked up from various masters. Using the Yami Akuma style Matt had driven his Uncle into a corner, one that forced Arron to reveal that he had an ulterior motive to finding the dragon balls. Arron, a member of a group called the Red Ribbon Army unleashed a powerful blast of ki that knocked Matt out of the ring, and went on to steal the Dragon Balls, wishing that he would never age again, gaining immortality in the process.

The Dragon Balls spread around the world again, effectively damning Matt's parents, crushing his hopes and dreams, and teaching Matt that the only person you can really trust is yourself. Left broken, and defeated, Matt continued his quest for the dragon balls so that he could undo the wish his Uncle had made while also studying under other masters in the hope of finding a way to keep Arron from unleashing any sort of true terror on the world if Matt couldn't find the Dragon Balls.
Extra
Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjF1rmSV1dM&index=20&list=RDMMOQ5rI461KNE
Arron Shaw

Weapons/Equipment: Magical Gi that changes clothes based on what he wants, it's all still basic clothing though.
Techniques:

More to be learned between story arcs.

Shadow Step
By focusing his ki on his body Matt moves at a rapid speed, leaving images of himself in various spots at the same time.

Darkness Combo
Bursting with power, Matt rushes his foe and unleashes a short burst of disabling kicks and punches followed by a high front flip with an extended leg to ax kick his foe on the crown of their head for a decisive finish.

Shadow Dragon
By releasing his ki in an outward blast, Matt unleashes a terribly strong blast of ki in the form of a dragon.

pdragon

I agree with NC exotic being a good place to put it, as well as being fine with that content wise.

I went ahead and filled out two character sheets. One to be a "main character" and the other to be more secondary/villainous (since my fox girl idea wouldn't necessarily work as a character who sticks around the party all the time, at least until she switches sides down the line). Also in keeping with the dragonball spirit I made all my characters' names dessert puns  :P.

Flan
Name: Flan
Race: Alien (specific species unknown)
Sexuality: pansexual

Personality: Flan is a kind, fairly lax and laid back girl. She keeps a carefree attitude about most things and tends not to give a lot of thought or worry to most issues, preferring to just "go with the flow" as it were. There are two big exceptions to this however, things in which she can become very spirited and intense. The first is food. With her power incentivizing a heavy diet she's developed a love of all kinds of culinary delights, and can be easily motivated to pretty much any task if food is offered as a reward. The second is fighting. Having grown up under a renown martial artist, Flan was instilled with an adoration for combat from an early age, and is always down for a good fight, whether as a participant or a spectator.

History: Flan is the adopted daughter of the "great hero" and martial arts master Rocc E. Rhode. As the story goes, Rocc was facing a mighty dragon that had been terrorizing a local village, and after slaying the beast with his bare hands he discovered the baby Flan sleeping in a "nest" of treasure. It was assumed that she was the hybrid offspring of the dragon and one of the maidens that had been given over to it as a sacrifice, and feeling pity for her Rocc adopted her and took her under his wing, convincing the people that even a monster could be raised into a valiant and disciplined fighter under his teachings. Having grown up under his guidance she would become a strong yet kindhearted young woman, yet another example of Rocc's greatness.

Of course almost all of this story was a lie, as are most tales of the fighter's great deeds. While there had in fact been a dragon, and Rocc had boasted his ability to slay it, he did not in fact defeat it with his bare hands. In fact the moment he came face to face with the hulking monster Rocc was about to flee in fear, but at that exact instant a strange space pod came crashing down to Earth, smashing through the dragon's mountain lair and just so happening to hit the dragon itself, tearing straight through it's body and killing it instantly. Inside the tiny pod was a baby Flan, and with a mixture of worry for how the alien baby would be treated by the public and a selfish desire for fame and fortune, Rocc hid away the alien ship and fabricated the entire tale of defeating the beast himself. Though while the story may have been a lie, it all turned out for the best in the end, with Flan growing up happy and loved by pretty much everyone, rather than feared and experimented on like she might have if people had known she came from beyond the stars.

Weapons/Equipment: none
Techniques:
Caloric Conversion
While all living creatures convert the calories gained from food into energy to fuel themselves, Flan's alien biology makes this process unique in two ways. Firstly the conversion is much more efficient and dramatic than a human's, not only allowing her to use calories to fuel her bodily functions, but also convert it into pure excess ki. Secondly she is able to directly tap into this bodily function at will, meaning she can store up fat in her body and then at will rapidly burn it off for a huge boost in ki and power. Because of this Flan's weight and body shape can vary quite dramatically depending on how much energy she currently has stored up, though she tends to maintain a high calorie diet and keep herself on the larger side so that she always has a reserve of extra energy on hand if needed.

Stone Crushing Combination
A secret technique developed by Flan's father Rocc and passed down to his daughter. Starts with a powerful blow directly to the opponent's crotch, then "follows the rise of inertia" in the foe's body with a flurry of strikes to the chest and finishes with an uppercut to the jaw that sends the opponent flying (note, this only sends the opponent flying when performed by Flan). With this legendary technique Rocc has won several high profile tournaments, the reason for it's effectiveness being quite apparent to most, though he claims that it actually attacks pressure points and "redirects the flow of ki up the body to debilitate the opponent", an excuse that has managed to get around most accusations of blatant cheating. 

Dragon's Breath
Channeling Ki into her belly Flan is able to fire a beam of pure energy from her mouth, the size and power varying based on how many calories she burns to fuel it.

Par-Fei
Name: Par-Fei
Race: Fox Demon
Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality: Strong willed and feisty, seductive and treacherous, Par-Fei is very much the model of a "femme fatale". She revels in mischief, whether it be simple pranks or more malicious plots, fueled by the feeling of superiority she gets from fooling or outsmarting others. She is also quite vain, always opting to take the form of the most beautiful, voluptuous woman she can imagine, even when this runs counter intuitive to what her disguise is. The best example being her current priestess disguise, dressing herself up in a very revealing and inappropriate attire despite supposedly being a chaste and pure shrine maiden. Despite all her glaring faults, she's incredibly charismatic and a great liar, allowing her to portray herself as a kind and caring person with unnerving ease.

History: Little is known about Par-Fei's past, though having lived for over eight thousand years she has plenty of experience spreading mischief and wickedness throughout the world. Of course the severity of her acts have always been tempered by the limitations of her power. Being a fox demon her power is measured by the number of tails she possesses, growing an additional one for every thousand years she lives. However while her current power isn't anything to scoff at, it isn't until growing all nine tails that a fox demon can reach their true potential, and only then can she be able to take her schemes to a much grander scale. In the meantime the treacherous canine has been pursuing other methods of increasing her power, as well as laying the ground works for her true plans once she obtains her full strength, whatever they may be. Her current guise is that of a traveling priestess, using her "holy" powers to help the people she encounters in her travels. Of course most misfortunes she helps cure tend to be created by her in the first place, but that's besides the point.

Weapons/Equipment: a variety of sealing tags and prayer beads that allow her to channel "holy" spells
Techniques:
Fox Fire
Utilizing her demonic energy Par-Fei is able to ignite her ki into mythical fire, ranging anywhere in scale from tiny candle-like wisps to sweeping torrents of flame. 

Third Eye Hex Sealing
Par-Fei places a sealing tag on the opponent's body, preventing them from channeling ki or other types of energy to that portion of their body, cutting off ki to their entire body if it is placed on their torso (the center of the body). The effects of the hex can be reversed by simply removing the tag from the afflicted area, so Par-Fei typically tries to employ this technique stealthily, placing the tag on a hard to reach spot of the opponent's body when they're not looking and then attacking before they can fully grasp what's happening.

True Form
While she typically takes the form of a beautiful woman, Par-Fei's true form is that of giant, demonic fox with 8 tails (one of every thousand years she's been alive). Assuming this form allows her to unleash her true power, increasing her raw strength and ki several fold compared to her human form.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Green Goo Theory

I really like where these characters are going.  You're both good to go.   

@batman  Just to get a better feeling would you consider Sho something of a prodigy since he's mostly self taught?  Or, at least, very gifted as far as humans go?  I love that image.  I've even used it for one of my Naruto characters.

@pdragon  Great name puns.  I love the different approach to Flan and her backstory.  When it comes to Par-fei is it safe to assume that her transformations are more like Frieza's?  At least, in the sense that the human form is simply an active restriction on her power?

For the side characters, villains, and pseudo-npc sorts or plot related characters I'd be fine with them being on the stronger ends of things.  These would be the villains, the Roshi's, etc.  Fewer restrictions on techniques and gear and backstories.  I think it's safe to place all the normal main players would be somewhere between where Goku initially trained under Roshi to the tournament. 
Coming soon...

pdragon

thanks, I'm glad you like them.

I think the great ape/oozaru would be a more immediate comparison, i.e. transforming into a powered up giant animal. Though I suppose the distinction is pretty trivial.

Request Thread

Batman4560

Okay I finished my app, changed the background and name to fit more with the idea that the characters can be from anywhere and still fit into the Dragon Ball world.

Green Goo Theory

Just an update but work may need to go for a multi-day trip.  Still waiting on an official word right now.  It's not going to alter the plans to get into stuff after the holidays but it may mean I'm slow to respond later today and tomorrow. 
Coming soon...

Kathyan

Name: Noodles
Race: Gynoid
Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality: With a super advanced computer for brain Noodles is a very intelligent girl capable of solving complex problems and equations in fractions of seconds although how body works is still a mystery for her, she should be able to generate blasts, rays and other forms of energy and to read others ki and measure their physical and ki strength if only she knew how to do so. She is also very innocent and friendly and extremely naive and her way of thinking is very simple and straightforward so she she sometimes comes up with solutions she doesn't really how to accomplish and will also be fooled easily.

History: Amberite or Rita as her father called her was the daughter of very intelligent but not so famous scientific in a small town. He was a good man that wanted to help humankind with the advanced technology he was working on, one that would be within anyone's reach but when the red ribbon found out about him they tried to hire him to build an army of androids for them. He refused of course but they wouldn't take a no for an answer and he and Rita knew it, that's when she volunteered to let her father transform her in a gynoid. Unfortunately the red ribbon came first and bombarded his lab killing him and destroying everything of his research while Rita was still on testing phase, she was was far too powerful though to even be scratched by the attack but her memory was completely damaged, effectively making her lose her memory being the first thing she remembers getting out from under the stove with a pot full of noodle soup which she decided to take as a name from then on.

She has super human strength and resistance, albeit she has no discernible ki, but has no training at all as a fighter her current talents being limited just to household chores and cooking. Since her learning program wasn't completed yet not only she isn't aware of her full potential but she doesn't even know how to fully use her current potential either which will lead her to misuse her energy and run out of energy before she is supposed to.

Weapons/Equipment: none

Techniques:
Mind Algorithm
Immunity to hypnosis, confusion, and other mind attacks

Defense Protocol beta phase

Noodles can instantly enter in defense mode in response to any attack rendering her impervious to common attacks, and unlike martial artists she doesn't have to stand in any particular stance. Her speed greatly reduces though, as does her time reaction so she will usually stand still not to reveal this fact.

Explosive Attack Power

Although Noodles has no martial technique and her attacks are direct and straightforward she still holds great destructive power

...with any part of her body

Green Goo Theory

Awesome!  Pretty diverse group of characters so far.
Coming soon...

Batman4560

Green Goo Theory

Nope.  The three of you are pretty much good to go. 
Coming soon...

Green Goo Theory

Actually, rescinding my earlier statement.  Locations may need to change since db-earth isn't real earth.  So the US, Ireland, etc may not fit. 
Coming soon...

Batman4560

Kathyan

Actually more like East City, West City or food like names as Papaya City or Paozu Mountains, I don't remember many of the places so I'll have to look them up but it will be fun :D

Or maybe we can invent some funny names for places too?

Batman4560

I just need a legit map since Toryiama can't remember anything about his own lore to begin with.

Kathyan

Just as some other things like Launch for example, I miss her so badly :(

But I do wonder, is there a map of the dragon ball world?

Batman4560

I think its just like "Here is the earth, a dog is the king. Figure it out."

Batman4560

Why does the land of Karin look like Ohio?

pdragon

everytime I see "android" characters now I'm always reminded of TFS

Cell: I am here to absorb Cyborg 17 and 18
Piccolo: actually we've been calling them androids
Cell: Well good for you you're wrong!

Request Thread

Green Goo Theory

Awesome work on those maps.  We can easily have places geographically/socially similar to the places you were after, Batman. The DB world on its own, though, is just a little too out there and extreme for how whimsical this shit's probably going to get.

Also!  Technically, 17 and 18 aren't even truly cyborgs given Toriyama's own description of them.  Every upgrade was biological in nature and their "infinite energy generator" (or wtfever) is actually a lab grown organ.  The only synthetic part on/in them were the bombs that were removed.  The "artificial human" (Jinzōningen) as a term still fits; it just didn't translate into english very well.  That said even Cell is wrong.  Technically means that 17/18 are basically Cell with only human DNA.  That's why they can still age albeit at a greatly reduced speed.  There's no mention of whether they need air or not but they do apparently still need water.  In English a more appropriate term (which I'm not going to enforce at all, btw) would probably be something more akin to super human. 

That said the sky's the limit.  There's a whole shit load of various android/cyborg types to pull from and to mix and match to get our desired effect here.  Even Arale style as long as we all understand that comic relief powers aren't a carte blanche to god-level power and automatic Earth splitting punches.
Coming soon...

Kimera

Looks very interesting so far. Might make a character for this.

Kathyan

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 31, 2017, 02:17:51 AM
Awesome work on those maps.  We can easily have places geographically/socially similar to the places you were after, Batman. The DB world on its own, though, is just a little too out there and extreme for how whimsical this shit's probably going to get.

Also!  Technically, 17 and 18 aren't even truly cyborgs given Toriyama's own description of them.  Every upgrade was biological in nature and their "infinite energy generator" (or wtfever) is actually a lab grown organ.  The only synthetic part on/in them were the bombs that were removed.  The "artificial human" (Jinzōningen) as a term still fits; it just didn't translate into english very well.  That said even Cell is wrong.  Technically means that 17/18 are basically Cell with only human DNA.  That's why they can still age albeit at a greatly reduced speed.  There's no mention of whether they need air or not but they do apparently still need water.  In English a more appropriate term (which I'm not going to enforce at all, btw) would probably be something more akin to super human. 

That said the sky's the limit.  There's a whole shit load of various android/cyborg types to pull from and to mix and match to get our desired effect here.  Even Arale style as long as we all understand that comic relief powers aren't a carte blanche to god-level power and automatic Earth splitting punches.
Thanks, I didn't know that much myself either.

In DBsuper 17 goes into space but I don't quite remember this very well, I believe he was indeed going to suffocate right?, meaning they do need air.

Anyway I did wanted to make a character similar to Arale but chose not to use a cannon that's why I'm making her naive and innocent and giving her full amnesia so she holds no hard feelings against anyone but also to have her own potential or how to use her powers completely unknown to her so while she could be able to concentrate her energy to crack the earth or to shoot an N-cha cannon shot she really doesn't know how to do it... yet.

Quote from: Kimera on December 31, 2017, 06:18:02 AM
Looks very interesting so far. Might make a character for this.
You're welcome to join in Kimera ;)