News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

D&D Pathfinder (In original setting) [interest check]

Started by dready, March 28, 2010, 01:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dready

This will be a starting level 1 pathfinder game. The universe itself is mostly anthropomorphic, and if you don't know what anthropomorphic means here's the dictionary definition for yah.
anthropomorphic: (adj) ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, esp. to a deity. resembling or made to resemble a human form: an anthropomorphic carving. Now this means that there are anthromorphs (aka furries, scalies, avians, etc) in this universe, and if you are uncomfortable with that at all, then don't think about joining. Humans, and the other basic D&D humanoids still exist in this universe, though they've came under a slightly better reasoning, meaning that elves and dwarves are still rivals of a sort, but they're not bickering to each other every few  minutes. (more like a few times a week)

The setting is also a crystalpunk one, so expect some technology that will allow for guns, flying transports, and submersibles. Crystalpunk is much like steampunk, but you'll find magic and crystals as the powersource of an item instead of steam. Now this will allow for some creative flow, but I will not allow everyone who wants to shoot magic to shoot magic, or to who want a ship to have a ship. You'll be getting reasonable things for your character, which  means since we're starting off less-than-heroic, you'll be getting mundane items to start off.

Interested? I'm hoping for at least two people for this.

Kineas

So one night after you got disconnected from the Irc, i began wandering aimlessly through the vast RP requests of the elliquiy. I read many threads, from the 1 on 1, the groups, and finally i thought to myself "Screw it... I'll go through the non-adult, it's what I'm really looking for anyways."

Imagine my surprise to find this here! ;)  I think I'm already familiar with your setting, and I would love to participate in a game on these boards with you. <3

dready

IAimToMisbehave

Sounds interesting. I've tried normal D&D but haven't tried Pathfinder yet, are there any major differences that I should know about?

IAimToMisbehave

Assuming, of course, that this hasn't been binned due to a lack of interest or is happening/has happened. I should pay more attention to thread dates before replying :P

Geradine

i do hope this post hasn't been binned/dead. my dad plays pathfinder, so i'm sure i can get his help to create a character. what kind of characters do you need?
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Baleron

I'd love to be a part of this RP, as well. I hope some more details will be posted soon.

Kineas

Even if dready doesn't see this on their own, I'll make sure it gets to their attention. x3

I'm sure there's still an interest in this getting run.

dready

yay people! \o3o/

So far we don't have any characters who are set in stone, so go with what you'd prefer to be and we'll go from there. :3

@IAimToMisehave: There's a decent amount of changes here and there. The fighter gets more than bonus feats, the sorcerer and wizard classes are a little more unique, rogues are easier to handle in combat, paladins have some very nice class abilities, and i have not looked at the monk or barbarian classes yet. Oh, i think that bards have been given a class steroid injection.

Changes and other details can be found here: Wikipedia

RomanSoldier

I am interested in this as I loved 3.5 rules. I am just wondering a few things. Is this going to be a forum game, email, or chat style? Would we be limited to playing a 'human' or could we make our own style characters?

I am taking a look at the core rule book and will have a general idea for if/when this takes off.

dready

It would have to be in the forums. Races can be from the books, or ones adapted from the universe all of you would be playing in. :3

Kineas

Dready, would you hurry up and post some actual details for these people? x3

Tell us about the world, what our expanded options for races and so on are, post a character sheet, give us something to work with. ;P

dready

Fine! Geez! (referenced from metal gear awesome)

Username:
Character Name:
Age: (characters can start as young as 16 and as old as 35 for any race other than Soul-born^* and Warforged^**)
Description: (completely optional for the time being)
Characters Current/Previous Occupation: (no one with previous experience with military, assasinations, or mercenary ordeals. Bounty hunters, slave traders, bodyguards, merchants, arena combatants, and any non-leadership ranks in a tribe are allowed as well as simple backgrounds such as a farmer's offspring, cut-purse, hunter, non-leader pirate/raider, and less-than-famous engineers)
Class: (Level 1)
Race:* (basic races such as elves, orcs, dwarfs (sp?) halflings, humans, anthropomorphics** [non-mythical sorts such as dragons and satyr], and sentient constructs [warforged, though there are special rules for them below])
Element Domains: (pick three of the following: Wind, Water, Earth, Fire. You can pick each more than once. This will be explained later)

Statistics: (with the following numbers before any racial adjustments: 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14)
Str:
Dex:
Con:
Int:
Wis:
Cha:

Special Qualities: (vary depending on your race and class)
Feats: (Feats go here. Everyone starts off with 1 at first level, humans and creatures with the Adaptable quality get an extra feat, and any other feats [or feat like ability] granted from class or templates will be put here as well***)
Languages: (the languages that your character can speak and comprehend*&)

^*= Soul-Born can be twice as old for maximum starting age, as their bodies age half as fast as the average human being.

^**= Warforged can start at the age of 1 month, as they are normally trained within that time-period to perform whatever tasks they have been assigned. Their maximum age is unknown, as the only deaths known so far are not natural in cause)

*= Ask for information as to what sort of benefits your race would give you.

**= The following types of anthropomorphic creatures are available: Insectoid, Arachnid, Aquatic (non-mammal), Land-Born (most mammals), Reptilians, Amphibians, Submersives (Aquatic mammals), Avians (birds of all sorts), and Soul-born (humans with crystals embedded in their bodies, and are more living than construct)

***= Since this is first level, the only players that will have any sort of template are Soul-born and Warforged races.

*&= List of languages is as follows: Avians, Land-Born (Most common language. Soul-born, warforged, humans, and land-born primarily speak this language), Scaled (reptilians and amphibians both speak this), Aquatic (aquatic mammals and non-mammal aquatics speak this), Insectoid, Arachnid, and Mythic (Secretive language kept mostly to the Mythic race. Often used for verbal and written components in casting magic. Classes able to cast arcane spells at first level automatically obtain this language)

Kineas

Username? O:!
I pulled class/race/etc informatoin from here: Linky

Name: Lalael Kithelamor
Age: The elfy equivalent of 16. (i would normally think about 67 or so, but yeah.)
Description: Lalael, preferring to be called Lael, stands about 6'2". She is fair of skin and easy on the eyes, if you take my meaning. Long dark hair kept tied back for practicalities sake, she carries herself in an all business kind of way.
Background: Something of a minor noble, Lalael has always felt that the arrogance and nose-in-the-air behavior of her peers was peculiar and unwarranted. This was the spark that led her down the path of her Paladin training. One thing led to another in her persuit of what was right, and in the end she found a purpose to put all her sparring practices towards; the greater good.
Class: Paladin 1
Race: Elf

H points: 9  (paladin gets 10 at first level, -1 for low con)

Statistics (numbers adjusted by race italicized.)
Str: 12
Dex:13
Con:8
Int:11
Wis:10
Chr: 14

Special Qualities: Guided fall, Immune to sleep effects, +2 vs. enchantments, Keen senses

Feats and abilities: Aura of good Residual, Detect evil Residual, Smite Evil (1/Day)
Combat expertise

Languages: Land born, Mythic, Avian

I think that about does it. >.>

dready

Oh you reminded me.

There is no such thing as alignment restrictions in this universe when it comes to good or evil. there is still lawful and chaotic.

For abilities that are against specificly Good or Evil alignments: They work at the same strength against anyone.
For classes that are restricted to the Good or Evil alignments: That restriction is removed. (paladins still have to be lawful, barbarians still have to be chaotic, etc etc)

RomanSoldier

I was thinking about making an Avian character, however I would need to know more information about the race. Specifically what are the racial adjustments for their stats. Oh and what excatly did you mean by the stats need to be the following numbers?
Quote from: dready on June 08, 2010, 04:19:01 PM
Statistics: (with the following numbers before any racial adjustments: 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14)
Str:
Dex:
Con:
Int:
Wis:
Cha:

dready

What sort of avian do you want? The sort with six appendages (think of the stereotypical angel) the sort with two wings and lower extremeties (harpy-esque) or the sort that never touches the ground? (bats, or ones where they have four wings, two where the arms would be and another two where the legs would be)

RomanSoldier

I was thinking something similar to Horus the Egyptian God. However I would change him so that he always has wings, and his body would have feathers all over it. The one other major difference would be that he would have bird like legs, but over all he would look a lot like this:

dready

then the statistics would be changed as follows: Wis: +2 and Con -2

Also you count as having a claw attack, and at Medium size they deal 1d4 piercing. (1d6 large, 1d3 small)

Btw, 60ft fly speed with poor maneuverability.

RomanSoldier

Alright, thanks. And you never did answer my question of whether or not those Stats were the numbers we were supposed to use, like one of each. Also any information about possible Avian culture would be helpful, or would you like me to make up my own? And did we need to list our skills out individually or are you  not too worried about this?

RomanSoldier

Username: RomanSoldier
Name: Seryth
Description:
Background: Outsider. He was cast out at a young age because he was a threat to the King.  (He has the same feather pattern). Thus he has an extreme hatred for both himself and his kind. He has become a ranger, skilled at the bow in order to make amends for his hatred.
Class: Ranger 1
Race: Avian

Hit points: 10

Statistics (numbers adjusted by race italicized.)
Str: 10
Dex: 13
Con: 10
Int: 11
Wis: 16
Cha: 8

Special Qualities:  60ft Base Flight, Claw Attack 1d4,

Feats and abilities: Favored Enemy: Anthromorphic (Avian), Track, Wild Empathy, Deadly Aim

Languages: Avian, Land-Born

dready

Quote from: RomanSoldier on June 09, 2010, 09:43:30 PM
Alright, thanks. And you never did answer my question of whether or not those Stats were the numbers we were supposed to use, like one of each. Also any information about possible Avian culture would be helpful, or would you like me to make up my own? And did we need to list our skills out individually or are you  not too worried about this?
I don't really understand what you're talking about for the question bit. The numbers you were given for statistics were in the parenthesis, and none other. You don't roll your stats, you don't use buy-point, they're average statistic (equivalent) for adventurers who survived at least until their mid-life crisis in this universe.

As for the Avian culture: They tend to stick to tribes that are under their own territories, that are under the flightpaths of fellow tribes, that are then overseen by every tribe leader in such an area. They also have a few specific laws, such as royalty being protected, even heirs. If one is an outcast (such as your character) there would be a guardian of a sort, or have some sort of residual item that shows the status and position of the heir, which is then kept by an overseer who is isolated from the rest of the tribe. Another law is that any avian of the tribe caught with the employment of a slave trader, they are executed that night with an immediate trial as their only chance of salvation. Though the actual lifestyle is more to that of the Native Americans, the avians have somewhat adapted to mechanical means, so residual technology and crystalpunk items have found their ways into the tribes and are working just fine. Avians even created their own trio of items from a combination of the magic and technology: the Avian Archer (bow that works the same as a composite bow) Compact Tents (crystal-threads woven into a flexible, slightly heavy, and incredibly durable to residual storms. a 10'x10' patch rejects residual that attempts to pass through it, effectively acting as a blanket with SR 13 which cannot stack with other forms of SR, and it's as strong as iron at 1 inch thickness) and then the Hellfire Arrow (Five needle-like shafts of crystal that easily 'ignite' in an elemental form of residual that are held within a hollow shaft of the arrow itself. When the arrow hits something the shaft splinters and the crystals continue on past the arrowhead, causing 1d10 elemental damage which is randomized to what is native to the area or if fired within a residual storm the elemental damage will be that of the storm. Casters can use a spell that has an elemental property [Fire, Cold, Electricity, Sonic, etc] and the crystals will take that elemental property as well. Spells used in such a way are effectively wasted)

As for trade, Avians are often the best when it comes to adventuring services that do not involve dense forests or going underground, as all avians are able to at least scan over a wide area via flight. Some avians are actually taken into the dense forests and underground as their keen vision and wider range of vision allow them to keep the rest of the group out of trouble. (+2 racial bonus to Perception) Other avians are couriers, messengers, and navigators as most are raised in the wilderness of the islands, and are able to easily determine north from being able to see the sky. (+2 Survival to avoid getting lost)

IAimToMisbehave

Yay, glad I posted before looking at the age of the thread now :D
So are all the 3.5 books fair game as long as we reference where things come from? Also I'll be making my char tomorrow night if that's ok, got an exam tomorrow I need to revise for tonight.

dready

Quote from: IAimToMisbehave on June 10, 2010, 01:08:41 PM
Yay, glad I posted before looking at the age of the thread now :D
So are all the 3.5 books fair game as long as we reference where things come from? Also I'll be making my char tomorrow night if that's ok, got an exam tomorrow I need to revise for tonight.
this is pathfinder, so information is HERE If you have a class that you want to use, run it by me first. As a note: anything from the Book of Nine Swords will automatically be turned down. Even in pathfinder those classes are overpowered.

IAimToMisbehave

That's fine, I don't have that one anyway. I was just asking as you said that warforged were useable but I couldn't see them in the races section on that site. If they don't appear on that site, do I use the racial stats from the Eberron source-books instead?