Adventure! Romance! High Fantasy! [UN]

Started by Lunaris, January 01, 2009, 01:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanitosis

I wouldn't be all too interested in something like that.

Sabel

oooh. you can do all sort of plots with rivalries: like rivals falling for each other, fights between the rivals, etc. etc. wonderful. I like it

Lunaris

I'm fond of the rivalry idea, too. If only so we'd be able to take in everyone that's applied.

It doesn't have to be aggressive conflict if that makes you uncomfortable, Insanitosis.  :) It could be a simple good-natured rivalry. Gold dragon's pupils versus a Silver dragon's in pursuit of a minor relic? A way to both to test and compete against each other though their students?

Sabel

Insanitosis

Oh I am fine with aggressive conflict... I am however not fond of choosing which "Team" To play on

Sabel

no idea of either Good or Evil, huh? Yeah, I always have that problem. The Bad People always have the most fun, but for some reason they never seem to win in the movies :( hehe.

Lunaris

Oh! I see. I guess that's kind of the downside. But so many have signed on that it would be pure chaos to try to keep up with *everybody* in one thread. I'd say the team that appeals most to you. Probably the people you've already been brainstorming connection ideas with?

Sabel

Perhaps a minor profile description of each 'team' should be laid out, so that those who are participating can choose a side? And it doesn't necessarily have to be Good vs. Bad, since every character will have their own personality- which will cause enough... chaos, as you so perfectly described it. It could simply be two separate groups working towards the same goal, with two different reasons as to why they are trying to get/find it.

But first off, it needs to be decided upon a goal: the thing in which the two groups are trying to obtain. Then the differences between the two groups can be established (likes the differences of opinion on the goal, etc.)

Um... who's heading this game? hehe

Lunaris

Well... the teams have yet to be decided. Since Silk's character has guy-phobia, It'd probably be best if I were with her.

It seems like I'll be heading things...but the idea of doing this alone really frightens me, quite frankly. It's turned into a massive-seeming undertaking and I don't know if I can manage it all by myself. I never thought so many would go for it.

The item? If both the parties are part of rival adventuring guilds...perhaps it's a magical relic of sorts? Something with notable power or monetary value? If dragons are hosting this kind of competition, perhaps bringing the trophy back will garner some useful rewards and perks with their guild?

Insanitosis

I almost always choose evil, I like darker characters, but still, I don't like the idea of competition, or losing... I was hoping for more of an adventure than a race against other players

Lunaris

Hmm... The funny part is... Everyone else is quiet on the subject except for us three. :p

Please, people come on out and speak your minds!

Lyrus

Well if one of us is doing the leader, I'm going to go with the typical 'dumb brute' character that no one else is really willing to play.

Orc or Dwarf then?
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Lunaris

*chuckles* I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be a developing romantic/sensual element to this, too. Are you sure an Orc or Dwarf would actually work for that?

Lyrus

Who said anything about consenting romance, or being a 'good' alignment character? ;P
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Lunaris

Well...if it's NC, it certainly won't involve any of my characters. :p Not really my thing. Perhaps one of the others, though.

Lyrus

I'm more in it for adventure rather than romance. Head bashing and all - But I had in mind a 'Brute' character binded to one of the other characters by a Treaty or Pact.

... Maybe a Hellspawn.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Ixy

I feel much like Lunaris about the concept.  From the first post, this thread was pretty clearly a group-dynamic oriented game.  I got excited about this thread because of the original description-- group of allies, traveling through unknown, fantasy world, common goal.

Personally, I won't play any 'BLARG I'M EVIL I RAPE YOU' game right now.  I'm not into playing anybody's victim.  There's plenty of people who ARE into that on E, and many of those threads are recruiting right now.

It might easily be possible to have a monstrous-type character that's still an ally, has a personality/conscience, is a party ally, etc.  That could be cool with me, actually, but I can see how others might not be into it.  Non-human characters are kind of an 'on' for me if we're talking about a creature-type that's devoid of repulsive qualities like rot, bad hygiene, tentacles, slime and bile, etc. 

I'm not keen on the multi-party idea.  Also, the numbers will thin once it comes down to actually writing, so it'd probably be difficult to fill two rival parties. 

Ok-- those are my feelings, and I hope this can still work.  If you guys decide to go in a different direction, I'll understand and try to be flexible.  Thanks!

Lyrus

Rival parties uniting into one is fine and dandy with me, but there has to be a plot driving the two sides, so someone has to think of that plot don't they? Also in accordance to Ixy's words, I have decided I am either playing a neutral-chaotic oriented half orc that was sold in slavery after being abandoned by his clan as a mix breed. While in the slave market, he catches the attention of and is sold to a Magi, maybe someone would like to be that Magi? I dunno. Anyway, he is entirely grateful to the Magi, and heeds the Magi's every command and word, even if it goes against his own conscience. Gigantic, tall, brutish kind of guy, quite humble if you think about it. The other optional character I can play is a Hellspawn, which is typically known as a Shade or Sorceror's Bane, a creature one summons from one of the seven levels of Hell with potent dark magics and a summoning circle, while it is entirely possible for a sorceror to summon an insanely powerful Hellspawn, the risk that it might turn on them is higher, so sorcerors tend to summon lower-level Hellspawns to serve them, more or less to keep them in check. Once again, the Hellspawn can either be bonded to a Magi-type character, or could have killed his weak summoner and roamed free.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Silk

Since my character is going to be mostly third wheel in whatever group she is in, as she is neither adventurer or warrior, her use is a bit more utility and hangs around with some of the girls in her group more for a sense of comfort to herself, as long as she has that, she doesn't really care where she goes.

So basically im good with whatever you guys choose. :)

Insanitosis

I am also still in it for the adventure over the romance. Good adventure games are often killed by everybody scrambling immediately after the start for a partner to love pr fuck.

I nmight just create a brand new character for this depending on what we need.

Lyrus

I still need either a Magi to lurk behind, or just wander about. >_<
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Sabel

I'm still keeping up with the thread. Just letting everyone figure this out, since I'm kind of the 'newest addition' and pretty much game for anything: though there was a point made that this started as an adventure, not a race. I liked the adventure idea better. The dual-parties was simply because of the activity the thread is getting, but truth be told, that was said to: the numbers will thin when the writing starts.

Lyrus

Adventure over inn wenches and beautiful companions! But yes, the numbers will thin when the writing actually begins. So has anyone thought of the driving plot yet? All adventurers need something to travel upon.
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires

Sabel

I don't really know, but when I think of an adventure towards a certain goal or relic, I think of Myan or Aztec, for some reason.

Insanitosis

Lyrus is right, people WILL drop out once the writing.

Who I play depends on the party, I have so many characters to play, even some magical characters

Perhaps we can work something out? Have a couple of traveling companions? Have a Strength/Magic combination