Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Arcane Acre - (Still Recruiting)

Started by Moraline, May 25, 2015, 08:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

As far as I know we haven't even started, so, no worries.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Moraline

I'll probably create a game thread for it early next week. I want to give it a bit of time for people to join up.

Also anyone can ask me questions about the setting if they have any! I have a World Building thread on the go to help describe the "realm settings." I'll be adding more specifically on "Arane Acre" as well.

Blinkin

This is still a work in progress, so bear with me as minor adjustments may be made.

Images curtesy of London and are very much appreciated.

Name:Mist Beurnsen
Bloodline:Full-Blood; daughter of Odin and the Valkerie Brynhild
Physical Description:
Mist is a striking young woman of 18 with long, thick sun-beam blonde hair that frames a lightly tanned oval face that is dominated with corn-flower blue eyes, a slender, straight nose and full lips. A slender neck flows into shoulders that might be a hair too wide, firm, generous D-cupped breasts that are capped with large pink nipples. Her toned, trim waist flares out into well rounded hips and a lovely tight rear before flowing into long, toned legs. Strong but feminine hands and feet are surprisingly dexterous. Between her 5’10 height in bare feet and her looks, The 137 pound girl is quite impressive without trying.
Cliches:

Blondes have more fun!
I excel at physical activities.
Why waste time drinking bad beer? Pass the good stuff!
I’m a classic blonde bombshell.
I’m named for my mother’s closest sister.

Tools:
Cellphone, fake ID, “bag of Holding” (IE: a bag), sunglasses, Mase/Pepper-spray/Defense Spray (Whatever’s actually legal), make-up, brush, things to tie hair back, duct tape, chewing gum, pens and notebook, condoms, Random novel.

Hooks:
I’m an easy-going bombshell of a girl with a love of guys, social events and just being around people. Give me a good beer and I’m happy, give me a great beer and I’ll make you happy. I don’t talk about my parents, but it’s not hard to figure out that I can drink my weight in booze.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?
That I’m blonde, blue-eyed, built to god-like proportions. That I’m friendly and like a good drink and like sex… My parents are of mythic stature and I love competitive sports. I prefer to dress comfortably but clean up well and I really don’t want to be here.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill?
I can’t drive.
What is your biggest personality flaw?
I’m the illegitimate offspring of a God and a glorified bar-maid. Self-Image issues? Not me!
What are you most afraid of?
Daddy’s brother finding out where they hid me.
Tales:
<3 brief points and/or stories about your history. >

My parents knew each other for a really, really, really long time, butwhen I came along, Daddy didn’t have much time for me… well, really none… and so I grew up in a mead hall with a lot of warriors who thought that I was really cute but drank way too much and women who made me feel like the ugly duckling in comparison. I guess you could say that gave me a little complex about my self-image.

I met my uncle when I was 6 years old and it’s been a love-hate relationship ever-since. He loves to hate me and I hate to be around him. I think that he wants me dead, but Daddy has a lot of guys who would make him hurt… even if it would be the end of the world… A lot of pressure on a girl, don’t you think?

Just after coming to this school, I tried to learn to drive a car… infernal contraptions! It wasn’t my fault that someone left there car  parked in a driveway and all of those mailboxes were that close to the parkway… what’s with that! Aren’t you suppose to park on parkways and drive on driveways? Who leaves their car on a driveway anyway??

Arcane Abilities
Can control electrical fields (IE, lightening, stun-gun like effects,power a lightbulb in her hand etc)
Can transform into a raven.

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Moraline

@Blinkin - Character approved.  Welcome to the group. And London picked out a perfect blonde bombshell too!

Blinkin

Thank you, and thank you again London.

I look forward to playing. :)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

London

TheHangedOne

Hey, would anyone like to help me find a face pic for my character? Been searching on and off for a while now, and just plain can't find something that fits.  :-\
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

London

@ HangedMan It is hard to find the right male character. I know Blinkin has trouble because he's blind. That being said I did find this.... Two different people but I hope one of them works for you.

http://images.bwwstatic.com/columnpic3/2181974OYA.jpg

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380421019/835927.jpg

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

London

Moraline

So we have lots of open spots for the Canon characters.

I can fill in the little bit of back story detail needed to play them if anyone is interested. We are going to keep it loose so you can adjust the canon characters to your own individual tastes as well.

I've already created Sela Mathers in the other Grimm Fairy Tales game we have going, so I"ll just use her sheet from that for my character.

Sela Mathers

Name:  Dr (or Professor) Sela Mathers
Bloodline:  Falseblood of the realms of Grimm and source of the Snow White legend.
Physical Description:   187 years old (appears late 20's), 5'10", 154 lbs, , blue eyes, black hair, glasses, athletic build

Cliches
Sela is a Professor of Literature.  She has a Ph.d in Fairy Tale literature and is an avid researcher of obscure myths.

Tools:
Sela is almost always seen with a very special copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales

Hooks
Sela often struggles with her personal role as a Realm Knight and Guardian of the Earth.  It causes her to doubt her worthiness in the role. Her trusting nature can get her into trouble but she believes that there always has to be some good in everyone. She sometimes can be a bit serious and eccentric in her personality. This causes people to sometimes see her as a bit of a hardass but those that know her will also know that she never gives up, always stays in the fight, and would die to protect the people of Earth. Her indomitable will is one of her defining character traits.

Everyone knows that she is a professor and is she is known as a teacher that drives her students hard. Her class is notorious for students dropping out within the first couple weeks. However, students that stick with the class almost always get good grades as she gives frequent opportunities for students to do additional work to make up for lost grades.

She is not a very creative person. Charging into battle or tackling every problem head on is her normal go to.

Sela's sense of humor is lacking or at least it's buried below the surface of a tough exterior.

That someone will try to take her daughter away from her again.

Tales:
-  Sela was made the Guardian of the Nexus long before she was ready when her predecessor was killed by an evil Witch. At first she stumbled in her new role and very briefly ended up being coerced and tricked into doing evil and harm to the people she was sworn to protect.
- Sela became a Realm Knight when all of the other Realm Knights were slaughtered by an entity known as the Dark One.
- As the result of an enchantment, Sela forgot that she had a daughter for about 17 years but has since been reunited with her now teenager daughter. Their relationship is... complicated.
- Note: Sela's daughter, Skye, is a student at Arcane Acres. Sela made this choice as a way to be closer to her, protect her, and guide her as she develops her powers.

Sela's Arcane Abilities (special instructor NPC):
Sela is an instructor, a Realm Knight, Guardian of the Nexus (Earth), and soul remaining person in all of the realms that has personal dominion over the portals between realms. This makes her one of the most powerful beings in all of the realms. While her powers are still no match for individuals like The Dark One, or the Dark Queen, or any number of nearly omnipotent beings she is still immensely powerful and able to wield in one form or another a bit of power from each of the four realms.

She is also the keeper of the original mystic tome of the Grimm Fairy Tales, which power has the unique ability to draw it's reader into a dream like realm where they will live out a sort of horror/nightmare version of the fairy tale - a fairy tale which will have either a happy ending or a disturbing ending based on the choices that the reader makes.

Contained within the mystic tome is also the legendary indestructible Excalibur which Sela and call forth at will as a weapon.

She is also the holder of the key to a pocket dimension on Earth where a library of all of the knowledge from all of the realms is stored. Protecting this is one of her most sacred duties as the Guardian of the Nexus

Additional Images

Moraline

Heads up

I'm going to make this so all students are age 18-19. 
So please update your character sheets accordingly.  Thank you

Angie

So if we're allowed to play multiple characters...I'll take Shang.

Moraline

I'm okay with people playing 2 characters but Shang was actually just taken by someone. Sorry :(
Shang is the only one that's been called for though. I'll let you know if they change their minds.

Angie

Shoulda called it yesterday when I was thinking about it. Ah, live and learn.

Acula

Thanks for all the info Moraline! I'd like to officially reserve Hailey.  ;D

Angie

So does Shang teach P.E., I'm guessing? Cause I had an idea for a teacher, and now I'm thinking it would be the greatest irony if the big buff dude I'm building was an Art Teacher...

Moraline

@Miyaluca - Hailey is reserved for you! Looking forward to seeing your character. PS: Get it in soon, I'll be posting game threads in the next couple days (maybe sooner.)

@Angiejuusan - The way Arcane Acres' instructors teach a variety of subjects and most are not traditional in nature.  So if you wanted to create a PE teacher that would be alright but think of it more like a military boot camp / Physical Education class.  If you want him to be an Art teacher that's perfectly alright as well - but he would most likely not just teach about traditional arts but also things like the magic and legend behind some of them.  Ex: the painting in "The Picture of Dorian Gray." This is because the school is designed to train the students to become Realm Knights (defenders of the Realms).

@Everyone - If you'd like to see an idea of what the realms are, check out my World Building thread (CLICK ME)

STILL RECRUITING!

Lithium

Quote from: Moraline on May 31, 2015, 09:02:50 AM
Get it in soon, I'll be posting game threads in the next couple days (maybe sooner.)

The hype is real! ^_^

Acula

Name: Hailey
Bloodline:  Falseblood of the ruler of the Water Nymphs
Physical Description:  18 years old, 5’5”, 120 lbs, bright blue eyes without pupils, and long blonde hair. Can turn into a water nymph.

Cliches:  A sometimes push-over, I’m friendly with everyone, but withdrawn since my mother died. You can find me studying alone often.

Tools: Normally carries a small bag which contains some notebooks, pens, a romance novel, an mp3 player, cell phone, cash, and a small blue gemstone from my mother.

Hooks:
* Hailey grew up surfing on the beaches of Cali and still can rock a surfboard.
* More often than not, she just wishes she were normal.
* Normally friendly and kind, since her mother died, she’d become quiet and withdrawn.
* Was dating Wulf, but then he got kicked out, and now she’s more lonely than before.
* Hailey is pretty smart though, and now that she actually studies, she’s doing really well in class.

* Her mother died recently protecting Hailey and she’s been devastated ever since.
* Soon after her boyfriend Wulf was kicked out, just to add insult to injury.
* Normally a calm person, but if you gain her ire, she can be rash.
* She’s a natural when it comes to water; surfing, swimming, etc.
* Hailey has been hanging out with Ali a lot lately. He’s the only one that seems to make her feel better.

* Has been depressed and withdrawn due to her mother, and will easily burst into tears if she is forced to remember her death. She seems unable to move on yet.

* Can be easily influenced and is afraid to speak up sometimes.
Hailey is terrified of fire.

Tales:
* Her mother was well known at the academy, but she recently died protecting Hailey. Her father is a normal human, protective and kind. She misses him often.
*  She has a great green thumb and cares for multiple plants with great care.
* When her powers first began to manifest, she accidently killed several of her friends at a birthday party. Because of this, she is reluctant to go to any parties, the memories too terrible to get past.

Arcane Abilities
Hailey can transform into a full water Nymph, which gives her limited invulnerability. She can also focus water into power blasts, similar to a fire hydrant.

Other Pictures of Hailey

Angie

Name: Harold Dean
Bloodline:  Falseblood
Physical Description
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 230 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Distinguishing Features: Has a scar across his cheek thanks to a knife-fight.

Cliches: Thanks to his motorcycle and snazzy leather jacket, he gives off the image of the typical greaser. The chain-smoking doesn't help.

Tools: Always wears his snazzy leather jacket (though he may ditch it in hotter environments), with a pack of smokes in the chest pocket. Carries a cell-phone, his motorcycle keys, and a Swiss Army Knife.

Hooks:
His degree, aside from being certified to teach, is in British Literature. To date, when he asks new students to guess what his degree is in, no one's gotten it on the first try.
He loves dirty jokes-and I mean dirty, DIRTY jokes.
While usually compassionate, he takes absolutely no crap from students. He's also not afraid to call other instructors on their stupidity.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? He's strong, tough, and dresses like he's James Dean. He prefers Harley Davidson bikes, it seems. Regardless of the greaser image, though, he's a nice guy. Just don't piss him off.
He can't work a computer to save his life. Even Internet is near impossible for him.

Highly over-confident. Has a tendency to try hitting on his female coworkers (doesn't go after students).

Bees. He is goddamn terrified of bees.

Tales:
- Thought about joining the military, decided against it due to how his uncontrollable regeneration would cause to many questions.
- Once tried using Hysteria on Shang. The resulting beatdown he then received put him out of commission for a month. The first words he said when he woke up were "I fucked up."
- Acquired a reputation as a bit of a Bully Hunter in his younger days. He still is.

Arcane Abilities
Hysteria: He can drive himself into a rage-fueled "super" mode. When Hysteria is active, he becomes immune to damage and his strength and speed are greatly enhanced. However, if anyone he considers an 'enemy' is still around when Hysteria ends, he suddenly takes all the damage he should have taken. 
Regeneration: He can bounce back from injuries at rapid speed. He's still gonna need a little rest if, say, someone throws a car at his head, but he heals quickly. This also means he can smoke like a furnace with next to no ill effects-and he takes advantage.

Moraline

@Miyaluca - Hailey is approved she looks great!

@Angiejuusan - Hardol Dean is approved! Great to finally have another teacher!

RECRUITING TEACHERS!

London

Name: Headmaster Shang
Bloodline:  Pureblood. Born and raised in Myst
Physical Description:   Well over 3000 years old (appears to be in his late 40's), Shang stands just under six feet( 5'11") and weighs 183 lbs. He has dark brown eyes and is completely bald with a fu manchu mustache and beard.

Cliches:  Headmaster of Arcane Acre, fencing coach, and teacher of the Meditation class.

Tools:
A collection of sword (two of which are always in his office), fencing gear, wallet with unlimited credit card.

Hooks:
Shang takes his role as the Headmaster of Arcane Acre very serious. He spends several hours a day walking the halls in case he is needed for anything.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?  A calm man that works hard to train the students. Pushing them to find their limits, he expects the best from the students.
What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill?   His pride in his star pupil Sela Mathers.

What is your biggest personality flaw?  Shang is a very secretive person. Even those who have known him for years don't know anything of his past.

What are you most afraid of?  His students being lead down a path of evil by the Dark One or his servants.

Tales:
- Most recently he's gotten himself killed a couple times but somehow manages to come back.. one time is not explained yet but it was as a result of something Sela Mathers does and neither Shang nor anyone else in all the realms even knows it happened.
- Shang is the only remaining living member of the original Realm Knights.
- With the aid of seven ravens, Shang rescued a young farmer's daughter from an evil goddess.
Arcane Abilities:  Immortal. Shang himself doesn't know how he has lived so long but he is pretty sure it has to do with Myst and the other realms.
Skilled in several forms of combat, Shang is the Grandmaster.

Moraline

@London - Approved

NEED MORE TEACHERS AND STUDENTS!

Character List so far:

Instructors

Harold Dean - Angiejuusan
Sela Mathers - NPC/Moraline   
Shang - London
Students

Estela Amador - Angiejuusan   
Hailey - Miyaluca
Gabriel - Ixy
John Smith - London
Mist Beurnsen - Blinkin
Sullivan O'Crowley - TheHangedMan
Skye Mathers - Lithium

Also note we have a character sheet up (For approved characters) and an OOC Thread

Links:
OOC
Character Sheets
IC <coming soon...>

London