Your Avatar and what it says about you.

Started by Sherona, June 02, 2008, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seara

I was looking for a new avitar and the eyes brought me in. It made me of lust. And her eyes are about the same color as mine. I do beleive that it says something about me deep inside.

Trieste

I just like mine. I felt I had outgrown the old avatar I had (was Lexa Doig, and I had originally chosen it to represent my character in Maidens and Monsters, then I tossed it up on here because it was the avatar with which everyone seemed to connect me) and it took me a while to find one that was appropriate. I eventually settled on Dita von Teese as an avatar because she is openly sensual and sexual without being slutty or trashy, and the particular picture I picked seemed to epitomize that. I'm also a sucker for corsets, brunettes (and brown eyes!) and black-and-white (or sepia) photographs.

I guess I should have just gone with Greenthorn: It's me.

calamity

I will admit that I didn't put much thought into this particular avatar.  Now that I think of it, though, it's rather fitting for a few reasons.

I don't use avatars anywhere that show a face.  To me, it feels like giving too much away.  These legs could belong to any girl, and I rather like that about the angle of the image.

It's a somewhat vulnerable pose, which hints at a submissive nature.  She might be reclining, she might have fallen, there might be a predator on the other side of the camera lens.  Any of these are equally beautiful, at least in my estimation.
O&O

National Acrobat

My Avatar reflects that I am a guitarist, I love music and that I am a left-handed guitarist if you look closely at the pic. It's a gibson SG, which my favorite guitar player uses (Tony Iommi).

Atalya

My avatar is a close approximation of what Atalya looks like. But it does say I like green skin, and hats, and large breasts. ;)
That which yields is not always weak
Atalya's Ons and Offs and Character Explanation

Ignaddio

Many of you who played Final fantasy may recognize this avatar as a Black Mage, specifically Vivi of FF IX fame. I chose him for a few reasons, actually. One, his dimunitive size contrasts my own monstrous height and frame. Second, his dimunitive personality is a perfect match for my own. I also wanted to display my particular taste for Fantasy settings, as well as my gaming roots. Plus, Vivi's a cutie. Even if he doesn't have a face.
Vidi, Vici, Veni*I sang, too.
 Like the Avatar? I drew it myself.

HairyHeretic

Are they anything like Black Mage in 8 Bit Theatre?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Storiwyr

It took me a long time to pick an avatar, because I wanted it to mean something to me. I always have difficulty relating myself to another person, so people avatars are generally right out. Animals, on the other hand, I've always been able to relate qualities about them to myself. As such, many of my screennames have included an animal in them somewhere, and those had pretty obvious avatar choices. This is probably the first one that hasn't, to be honest.

"Precious Night Owl" is BlackRose's nickname for me, based on the fact that I am ... a night owl. 3:00am is my ideal bedtime, which isn't exactly conducive to my 8:00am classes. It occurred to me to use that for my avatar on E, since this is usually what I'm up to late at night. I love Snowy Owls, there's something majestic about them, and yet they're so silent. I tend towards that sometimes. I kind of have two sides and always have, the silly affectionate side that most people see around here, and the deep, sensitive thinker. To me the owl represents that side, that I don't usually voice on the forums. That way it's still here with me, and it reminds me also--due to the connection with a dear friend--that I'm loved. Actually, two friends ... since Caeli was kind enough to make it for me once I'd found a picture I liked. :)
Lords, get to know me before you snuggle all over me. Sorry, but I get a little anxious! Ladies and Lieges, cuddles are always welcome, read my O/O for more detailed info.
"There's no need to argue anymore. I gave all I could, but it left me so sore. And the thing that makes me mad, is the one thing that I had. I knew, I knew, I'd lose you."

Captain Maltese

The avatar I'm using is from a work of art by Anry, a russian artist whose work is down right stunning. He has done some art for pirate games and my avatar is a cutout from one of those illustrations. I fell in love with it long before I needed art for an avatar, and have since then used it whereever I use the nick CptCalico. The current avatar is a zoom-in from an earlier version that showed swords, legs and a ship's rail. I refocused it to show a more detailed face instead.

So, why this one? For a start he's blonde like me, and carries a somewhat mature face. I see a confident, free man, with a touch of the romantic, ready to brave the sea and danger and whatever else that comes. It's not me, but it's the man I would like to be.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Tant de Tentation

Kierkegaard.  'Nuff said.

Well, really--I like Kierkegaard--I like his books, I find his writing erotic in its subtlest and truest sense, that is, evocative of sensations both deeply physical and deeply mental/emotional, without being actual erotica (his books are most often classified as philosophy, actually).  I don't want to be just another generic pretty face of 'only smiling flesh, without a trace of spirit,' to quote Huxley.  Besides, I always felt bad taking on an avatar of someone with whom I'm not somewhat acquainted, even if only because, in the case of Kierkegaard, I've persistently stalked his books, diaries, letters, and biographies.

So that's the story.  It also makes me happy to look at him when I click open the site.  Handsome, and evokes ideas I like to think about.
"Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit."
--Aristotle

My ONs and OFFs
TNT's crazy intro thread.

ShrowdedPoet

My avatar. . .well. . .it's me. . .enough said. . .lol
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Xillen

I consider avatars something that should represent yourself. It's shown under your name and next to every post to make. If you want it or not, people will mentally associate that picture with you. It's often the most visual thing people have of you, and most minds just dig visual bigtime. I always find the avatars that aren't representing yourself, but representing something you're interested in a tad odd, since others will represent it with yourself nonetheless.

As for my own avatar, I was using the below one for a long while (yes, it's me), which is a cutout from this picture, which in turn is a cutout from a larger picture, where two people sitting higher on the tree are cut off. It's more or less a lucky shot, the way I'd like to portray myself.

I've often thought I should come up with something more creative, but it really has to portray myself, on which I'm well... really picky. I gave up searching for a good avatar after a few hours, but one day I ran into this one, and just loved it. So while I was replacing this avatar, I also added a subtitle and an avatar message, which used to be blank.

Bliss

Mine looks the way I feel I should look inside.

I am an internal/external mismatch.

I'd love to hear what people think my avatar says about me, here or in PM to prevent egocentric thread-spamming....
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

King_Furby

I picked mine cause it's kind of silly looking. I don't take myself too serious when online and i like something that kind of says i am here to have fun.

Chris Brady

I go through Avatars like most people go through toilet paper.  And I prefer animated gifs over static pictures.

I also have ADHD and am a goofball.  Take that as you will.

And speaking of changing, time to get another.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Trieste

I love that one, though! Is so cute! :D

Can't wait to see what you do with the next one.

Lilacs

My avatar is something I Photoshopped. Can't really say it has any meaning and I'll probably change it over time. So if you look at this thread six months from now, the Avatar you're seeing probably isn't the avatar I wrote about, but since I really didn't say anything about that avatar, I guess it's okay if you focus on the current avatar, which will be the avatar I'm using in six months.

So all clear?

L.

Maeven

I have thought about this for quite some time and I can't come up with an answer as to why I picked high heels other than because I wear heels to work every day--I have one pair of flats that I wear if I am in pain.  I also have a picture of myself as a little girl of about 3 with a pacifier hanging out of my mouth, pushing a miniature plastic shopping cart, wearing a little red dress and my mom's high heels.  I couldn't wait to fill those shoes. 

I had another pair as an avatar for a while but I wouldn't have actually ever worn those; but these little gifts from heaven I would snatch up in a new york minute.

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Greenthorn

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 10, 2008, 03:41:32 PM
I go through Avatars like most people go through toilet paper.  And I prefer animated gifs over static pictures.

I also have ADHD and am a goofball.  Take that as you will.

And speaking of changing, time to get another.

Nooooo I -so- stalk your avatar!!!  *sobs*

strangely made

I chose my avatar purely for the fact that I think Camels are the second greatest animals on earth (Hyenas being the greatest of course) and I'm crew on an inshore lifeboat, no other reason at all.

Chris Brady

Quote from: strangely made on June 10, 2008, 04:16:30 PM
I chose my avatar purely for the fact that I think Camels are the second greatest animals on earth (Hyenas being the greatest of course) and I'm crew on an inshore lifeboat, no other reason at all.

Dude?  Hate to break it to you but that's a giraffe... >.>

And change complete.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

strangely made

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 10, 2008, 04:30:11 PM
Dude?  Hate to break it to you but that's a giraffe... >.>

Yep, it certainly is.

Stattick

Mine is one that I found on deviantart (I think), quite some time ago. I fell in love with it instantly, and downloaded it.

I picked it for my avatar because I just thought that it was a good representation of me. It's dark, light, hopeful, somber, complex, interesting, beautiful, and evocative.

Full Sized Here
O/O   A/A

Vandren

Hmm . . . well, I'm a Star Wars fan (have been since 1981 or so, when I saw my first one in the theater).  And I'm a literature professor in training (hopefully out of training and employed by the end of the year) married to a librarian--it's a poster from Del Rey in association with the ALA's celebrity "READ" program.  So, I guess it fits. 

Plus, it's a still from the first ever Yoda fight scene that many of us waited over 20 years for.  :D

Quote from: Zakharra on June 03, 2008, 06:23:38 PMI have mine because it's who I want to be. I found the picture many years ago at Elfwood (which I still visit occasionally).

Ah, I remember the fun we had making that av and tweaking it to appease the powers-that-used-to-be (some of which still are, I guess ;) ).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Pistol kiss

Shes one of my favorate female villins so far in bleach. Also I hate shoes. I mean hate them. Dont get me started on socks...