The Lumination (Interest Check - LGBTQ friendly, Extreme, Freeform/Sandbox)

Started by bubby, November 09, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Haha not only is my character the baby, I kind of designed her to be the weakest in terms of sheer power as well. >.> Though I think she might enjoy the werebear.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Hazy Sky

I've yet to find anyone who he can't tear a fairly large chunk out of it he chooses. The point is he almost never chooses to do so.

He does like dinky girls though.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

bubby

Quote from: skyre on December 04, 2014, 01:23:24 AM
I've yet to find anyone who he can't tear a fairly large chunk out of it he chooses. The point is he almost never chooses to do so.

He does like dinky girls though.

*Snerks at 'dinky'.*

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

Okay, I decided to go with a visitor, rather than one of the sisters. I hope this is okay? Also Bubby, I couldn't see anywhere whether you have a preference for art or photos? The image I like best for her is a painting. If you insist on a photo I can probably find one.

Name: Doesn't really have a name, most people tend to call her "Red", so she supposes that's as good a name as any.

Age: Unsure. She's been in this form for a little over a year, but suspects she is much, much older. Looks to be in her mid twenties.

Race: Fire Elemental

Description: In her human form Red is an attractive red-haired woman with amber eyes. She stands 5'6" (167 cm) tall, but weighs only 90 lbs (41 kg). She is not skinny, though. She is slender, but with a decent figure on her. Her skin is freckled all the way from her forehead to her ankles. She tends to wear loose, flowing robes of charcoal grey or smoky brown. the scent of wood smoke tends to cling to her, although it is the pleasant smell of a warm fireside rather than the acrid smell of a burning forest. In her other form, which she can usually maintain for only an hour or two, Red is a being of pure flame. And as a flame can assume any shape and be any size, dependent only upon the amount of air and fuel available to it, so it is with Red. If she has eaten well recently and is outside, she can grow enormous. But put her in a room with very little air and she will shrink to a mere spark.

Personality: There is an old saying: Fire is a good servant but a poor mistress. So it is with Red. She is greedy to the point of avarice, quick tempered, flighty and unpredictable. In a reversal of the usual cliché, she gives her loyalties easily and freely, but tends to change them at whim. She does not regard this as betrayal, more as exercising her right to choose. Red is neither good nor evil in the same way that fire is neither good nor evil. Rather she serves those who feed her for as long as she feels it appropriate. She is warm hearted, though, and a good person to have with you on a cold winters night, and possibly in a dark cave, provided you are able to keep her happy. She suffers from pathological hydrophobia.

History: Red has very little idea about her former existence. She has vague memories of fire, of dancing, of laughter. She knows she has lived longer than her one year in this world. How long, she simply cannot recall. She suspects that she may be as old as the world itself, but her memories of the time before are fuzzy. Her history in this world began a little over a year ago. A sorceress was preparing a spell and to complete it she needed the tear of a salamander. And so, being a fairly powerful witch, she summoned Red into the world. All red can remember of that summoning was a tearing, wrenching pain as she was dragged from the elemental plain of fire and confined within a magical barrier.

The sorceress then tortured Red for several days, in an attempt to make her weep, forcing her into the shape of a woman, spraying her with water, feeding her on damp wood, pouring explosive powders onto her.

Red resisted for a while, but finally broke down and wept. The sorceress collected her tears and completed her spell. What the spell did, Red never found out. She expected to be released and sent back to the plain of fire, but instead she was almost forgotten, kept imprisoned by magics in the corner of the witch's laboratory, fed whenever the sorceress deigned to notice her. Red grew weak, but with neglect, so did the magics that imprisoned her.

One fateful day, the sorceress noticed her curled up and shivering and decided to give her some dry wood. This was a mistake. Red snatched the wood and with the energy it gave her, managed to burst through the containment. Her first target was the sorceress herself. She consumed the woman's body, but as she did so realised that a new curse was upon her. She was forced to assume the shape and physical nature of the sorceress, although the woman's dark hair, green eyes and pale skin were now flame coloured. Red could still take on her old form, but she now found that doing so tired her and she must return to the human form to rest.

Since that day, she has been a wanderer. She acquired the name "Red" when an inn-keeper had had asked "Hey, Red, what's your name?" She had replied, "I don't have one. Why did you call me 'Red'?" The innkeeper answered, "Because you are!" "That shall be my name, then, I suppose", Red replied.

Skills/Power: Red has the ability to manipulate the element of fire. She can turn herself into a being of pure flame and in this form she is able to fly, she can melt metal and glass, she can consume wood. She pretty much invulnerable to any normal physical attack, as even in her human form she can simply shift whatever part of her is threatened so that swords and arrows pass straight through, or are consumed by the heat. She is able to give off controlled warmth, so that those near her are warmed by her and not burned, and equally she can give off light. She can eat almost anything organic. In her human form she eats normally, biting chewing and swallowing, and tends to eat normal human food. In her elemental form she consumes by touching. She does not need to drink, but she will drink pure spirits such as brandy, whisky and rum. She also enjoys drinking various oils.

She is vulnerable to three things: Magic, water and lack of air. As with any living creature, Red will suffocate if her air supply is removed. In fact, she will consume the oxygen in a sealed space twice as fast as a human of the same size. Water will not kill her (except by drowning) but it renders her powerless until she can dry out, If she is in her elemental form, immersing her in water will force her to return to her human form. Like all elementals, she can be contained and controlled by fire containment spells.

When shifting from human to elemental form anything she is wearing is consumed by her fire, as, generally is anything else she might be touching that is flammable. When shifting back to human, she will wreath herself in dark smoke, which solidifies to become a cloak or gown.

In her human form she can touch and be touched without any harm, but try to rip her arms off and you are likely to get your paws burned!

On&Off: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74306.0

Player Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

Quote from: skyre on December 04, 2014, 05:54:39 AM
Nice character Chrystal, very nice.

*sniggers* Glad you like her. Just remember to keep your paws to yourself!

I like to think I've got a good balance between power and weakness. In the right context, she's all but invincible, but if she comes up against the wrong enemy, or it starts to rain heavily, and she's out of it!

What I'd quite like to do with this character is maybe go on some sort of exploration or quest with a party of others. Red would be in it for what she could get out of it, but she might also enjoy the company. And as I pointed out, she's a useful person to have around if it's cold and/or dark, or you can't find your flint and tinder, or the firewood is damp...!

Dunno if that's the sort of thing we can organise, but given the nature of the opener, it seems likely.

Alternatively I could always do this...

Quote from: bubby on November 09, 2014, 10:12:21 PM
Want to try and set the forest on fire? Give it a try.

*snigger*

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Chrystal on December 04, 2014, 06:16:52 AM
*sniggers* Glad you like her. Just remember to keep your paws to yourself!

Meh. Bjorn just has to remember to throw her in the lake before he pops her arms out of her sockets. :P

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

Quote from: skyre on December 04, 2014, 06:40:35 AM
Meh. Bjorn just has to remember to throw her in the lake before he pops her arms out of her sockets. :P

*laughs* To do that he's got to catch her first! I suggest we not put it to the test...?

Chrystal

Bad Pun Alert
So, if your werebear were to be captured by Jean Luke Picard's mortal enemies, would he become an amazing tennis star?

Or if he comes back repeatedly, will he start singing Abba songs?

*giggles* Sorry, couldn't resist those

Answers, in case too obscure for this time in the morning:
Bjorn Borg, world tennis champion 1974-1981. Bjorn Again, Australian Abba tribute band.

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Chrystal on December 04, 2014, 06:47:28 AM
*laughs* To do that he's got to catch her first! I suggest we not put it to the test...?

I'm only messing lovely Chrystal. Bjorn likes almost everyone once he gets used to them. He will get on just fine with Red. He's very gentle, calm and laid back unless you anger or offend him. So chasing won't be on the menu for her, but proper bear hugs will be.

If you keep making awful puns like that I might change my mind though...

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Chrystal

Quote from: skyre on December 04, 2014, 07:16:02 AM
I'm only messing lovely Chrystal. Bjorn likes almost everyone once he gets used to them. He will get on just fine with Red. He's very gentle, calm and laid back unless you anger or offend him. So chasing won't be on the menu for her, but proper bear hugs will be.

If you keep making awful puns like that I might change my mind though...

Oh. I won't ask if his favourite song is by Steppenwolf then....

(Edit - Got that wrong! epic fail!)

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Chrystal on December 04, 2014, 07:33:05 AM
Oh. I won't ask if his favourite song is by Steppenwolf then....

(Edit - Got that wrong! epic fail!)

His favourite song is clearly Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Chrystal

bubby

Quote from: Chrystal on December 04, 2014, 05:38:01 AM
Okay, I decided to go with a visitor, rather than one of the sisters. I hope this is okay? Also Bubby, I couldn't see anywhere whether you have a preference for art or photos? The image I like best for her is a painting. If you insist on a photo I can probably find one.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Doesn't really have a name, most people tend to call her "Red", so she supposes that's as good a name as any.

Age: Unsure. She's been in this form for a little over a year, but suspects she is much, much older. Looks to be in her mid twenties.

Race: Fire Elemental

Description: In her human form Red is an attractive red-haired woman with amber eyes. She stands 5'6" (167 cm) tall, but weighs only 90 lbs (41 kg). She is not skinny, though. She is slender, but with a decent figure on her. Her skin is freckled all the way from her forehead to her ankles. She tends to wear loose, flowing robes of charcoal grey or smoky brown. the scent of wood smoke tends to cling to her, although it is the pleasant smell of a warm fireside rather than the acrid smell of a burning forest. In her other form, which she can usually maintain for only an hour or two, Red is a being of pure flame. And as a flame can assume any shape and be any size, dependent only upon the amount of air and fuel available to it, so it is with Red. If she has eaten well recently and is outside, she can grow enormous. But put her in a room with very little air and she will shrink to a mere spark.

Personality: There is an old saying: Fire is a good servant but a poor mistress. So it is with Red. She is greedy to the point of avarice, quick tempered, flighty and unpredictable. In a reversal of the usual cliché, she gives her loyalties easily and freely, but tends to change them at whim. She does not regard this as betrayal, more as exercising her right to choose. Red is neither good nor evil in the same way that fire is neither good nor evil. Rather she serves those who feed her for as long as she feels it appropriate. She is warm hearted, though, and a good person to have with you on a cold winters night, and possibly in a dark cave, provided you are able to keep her happy. She suffers from pathological hydrophobia.

History: Red has very little idea about her former existence. She has vague memories of fire, of dancing, of laughter. She knows she has lived longer than her one year in this world. How long, she simply cannot recall. She suspects that she may be as old as the world itself, but her memories of the time before are fuzzy. Her history in this world began a little over a year ago. A sorceress was preparing a spell and to complete it she needed the tear of a salamander. And so, being a fairly powerful witch, she summoned Red into the world. All red can remember of that summoning was a tearing, wrenching pain as she was dragged from the elemental plain of fire and confined within a magical barrier.

The sorceress then tortured Red for several days, in an attempt to make her weep, forcing her into the shape of a woman, spraying her with water, feeding her on damp wood, pouring explosive powders onto her.

Red resisted for a while, but finally broke down and wept. The sorceress collected her tears and completed her spell. What the spell did, Red never found out. She expected to be released and sent back to the plain of fire, but instead she was almost forgotten, kept imprisoned by magics in the corner of the witch's laboratory, fed whenever the sorceress deigned to notice her. Red grew weak, but with neglect, so did the magics that imprisoned her.

One fateful day, the sorceress noticed her curled up and shivering and decided to give her some dry wood. This was a mistake. Red snatched the wood and with the energy it gave her, managed to burst through the containment. Her first target was the sorceress herself. She consumed the woman's body, but as she did so realised that a new curse was upon her. She was forced to assume the shape and physical nature of the sorceress, although the woman's dark hair, green eyes and pale skin were now flame coloured. Red could still take on her old form, but she now found that doing so tired her and she must return to the human form to rest.

Since that day, she has been a wanderer. She acquired the name "Red" when an inn-keeper had had asked "Hey, Red, what's your name?" She had replied, "I don't have one. Why did you call me 'Red'?" The innkeeper answered, "Because you are!" "That shall be my name, then, I suppose", Red replied.

Skills/Power: Red has the ability to manipulate the element of fire. She can turn herself into a being of pure flame and in this form she is able to fly, she can melt metal and glass, she can consume wood. She pretty much invulnerable to any normal physical attack, as even in her human form she can simply shift whatever part of her is threatened so that swords and arrows pass straight through, or are consumed by the heat. She is able to give off controlled warmth, so that those near her are warmed by her and not burned, and equally she can give off light. She can eat almost anything organic. In her human form she eats normally, biting chewing and swallowing, and tends to eat normal human food. In her elemental form she consumes by touching. She does not need to drink, but she will drink pure spirits such as brandy, whisky and rum. She also enjoys drinking various oils.

She is vulnerable to three things: Magic, water and lack of air. As with any living creature, Red will suffocate if her air supply is removed. In fact, she will consume the oxygen in a sealed space twice as fast as a human of the same size. Water will not kill her (except by drowning) but it renders her powerless until she can dry out, If she is in her elemental form, immersing her in water will force her to return to her human form. Like all elementals, she can be contained and controlled by fire containment spells.

When shifting from human to elemental form anything she is wearing is consumed by her fire, as, generally is anything else she might be touching that is flammable. When shifting back to human, she will wreath herself in dark smoke, which solidifies to become a cloak or gown.

In her human form she can touch and be touched without any harm, but try to rip her arms off and you are likely to get your paws burned!

On&Off: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=74306.0

Player Chrystal
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

She's great! And the fact you used art is totally fine. I tend to do that a lot too. I LOVE the end about ripping off her arms, lol. Also, I like the idea of a quest of some sort. Maybe word has gotten out of something nifty/valuable/powerful that's on the Luminatti land somewhere... oh the possibilities ! And, indeed, you could always try to set the forest on fire. ;)

Chrystal

Yay. Cool.

Skyre and I understand each other to a certain extent.

bubby

Just an update: There are several people who have expressed interest in this game via PM recently, as well as the few that are currently working on characters. Ssoooo... I'm hoping that by next weekend,  we can get this ball rolling.

Chrystal

If all else fails, the sisters could employ Red as a chimney sweep and hearth layer...

She's also very difficult to lock up if you think about it... If air can get in, flames can get out...

Hmmm. Gives me an idea for an intro post for her :D

bubby

Quote from: Chrystal on December 04, 2014, 01:30:38 PM
If all else fails, the sisters could employ Red as a chimney sweep and hearth layer...

She's also very difficult to lock up if you think about it... If air can get in, flames can get out...

Hmmm. Gives me an idea for an intro post for her :D

*Points to the first post, and the pic of the Lumination fireplace*  Eternal Flame. *sagenod* Maybe Red could have had something to do with that.

Chrystal

Quote from: bubby on December 04, 2014, 01:32:30 PM
*Points to the first post, and the pic of the Lumination fireplace*  Eternal Flame. *sagenod* Maybe Red could have had something to do with that.

*giggles* I used to work for a company that sold fires like that! And I tell you what, that fire is either a gas fire - although judging from the ash stains on the frame, I don't think so - or it is currently burning rapidly through the wadded up newspaper and will be going out in about two minutes! I have a lot of experience lighting log fires and that fire isn't going to light! The fuel is too spread out to contain the heat.

.... Um, yeah, sorry, got distracted.

Yes, an eternal flame could certainly draw a salamander to the place. I wasn't really thinking of her being there when the sisters open the place - I was expecting you to start the RP with the Lumination already open for business, and having been so for a while. Red's only been in the world for a little over a year...

Red may well try to find out the secret of the eternal flame, seeing it as a possible way to remove her curse and return to the plain of fire.

Hazy Sky

Quote from: Chrystal on December 04, 2014, 01:10:48 PM
Yay. Cool.

Skyre and I understand each other to a certain extent.

I make bad jokes and Chrystal pretends to understand them and find them amusing. ;)

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

bubby

Quote from: Chrystal on December 04, 2014, 01:52:39 PM
*giggles* I used to work for a company that sold fires like that! And I tell you what, that fire is either a gas fire - although judging from the ash stains on the frame, I don't think so - or it is currently burning rapidly through the wadded up newspaper and will be going out in about two minutes! I have a lot of experience lighting log fires and that fire isn't going to light! The fuel is too spread out to contain the heat.

.... Um, yeah, sorry, got distracted.

Yes, an eternal flame could certainly draw a salamander to the place. I wasn't really thinking of her being there when the sisters open the place - I was expecting you to start the RP with the Lumination already open for business, and having been so for a while. Red's only been in the world for a little over a year...

Red may well try to find out the secret of the eternal flame, seeing it as a possible way to remove her curse and return to the plain of fire.

I like that idea even gooder! Cuz you're right, the Lumination has been going for awhile at the start of the game.

Chrystal

Quote from: skyre on December 04, 2014, 01:59:26 PM
I make bad jokes and Chrystal pretends to understand them and find them amusing. ;)

And vice versa!

Quote from: bubby on December 04, 2014, 02:15:07 PM
I like that idea even gooder! Cuz you're right, the Lumination has been going for awhile at the start of the game.

Having a few sub-plots handy for the start of the game is always useful.