Black Sun Rising ~ Firefly 'Verse ~ LGTBQ Friendly ~ ALWAYS RECRUITING

Started by Kuroneko, May 16, 2015, 06:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

I am thinking a Jack of all trades type with a slight bent towards b&e. Most just a good hand to have around.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

DartimusRae

i'm thinking a gunhand/tinker. i like to make things, and improve things that are already made... sometimes with comically disastrous result. nothing lethal, yet.

Kuroneko

DartimusRae

*bows* i live for comedic relief at the worst of times.

Landshark

im thinking old school fire and brimstone pastor. Eye for an eye mentality. Outlaws arnt bad if their doing good idea. He sets about protecting peoples souls as much as bodies. Im using a line from The Patriot to set part of his mentality "A shepard must tend his flock and from time to time...fend off the wolves." He lived on the rim all his life so he grew up in the rough hard towns. Father was millitary (browncoat) stuff like that. He carries 2 revolvers (Mercy and Vengence) Hes actually a very colorful character until stuff gets real...then its game on

Kuroneko

Oooo, sounds really cool. Khal and Marcus are both Buddhists, and she was essentially raised in a temple, so that should lead to some interesting conversations ;)

I'm really loving the way all the characters are turning out. I hope you're all as excited as I am to start playing.

Thank you all for your interest!

Heartsink

Quote from: ElvenKitten on May 18, 2015, 02:06:07 AM
Hayley Williams is reserved for Elvenkitten

Been listening to Paramore all day since I saw that :P

Kuroneko

Crash

My character would likely know first aid but is certainly no doctor.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Kuroneko

This crew'd best not run into any reavers, that's all I'm saying ;)

Crash

Kuroneko

Crash

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 20, 2015, 07:47:44 PM
Oooh, she's pretty. Got her listed for you ;)

Yeah but still looks like she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty...at least I think so.  And thank you.

Kuroneko

Crash

Her name is Millicent “Milly” Carson if you need it.

Kuroneko

PhantomPistoleer

I would like to play as Dr. Hence Harrison Kincaid, a former combat surgeon.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kuroneko

Welcome, PhantomPistoleer :-). I'll pencil in your reservation for the doctor position, and I'll look forward to your sheet ;)

Paladin101

Workin on my mechanic still. Planning for a former browncoat who worked the shipyards, has a special feel for machines and feels most at home in an engine room, but knows how to handle himself in a fight. Bit awkward around people who he doesn't understand as well as he does machines, which operate on an orderly, defined manner. Takin russel crowe for face claim.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kuroneko

He sounds like an interesting character. I'll put your faceclaim up in the list.

Between the mix of former Alliance personnel and Independents on the ship it's going to make for some very interesting dinner conversation ;).

We could use some more women on the ship, if anyone's interested in playing a gunhand or a passenger ;)

Crash

This what I have for personality and background so far.

Personality

Milly is fully aware that the only person that truly cares about Milly is Milly.  This simple fact colors her existence.  Yes she has friends and yes she can work within a team, because if people like you they are less likely to turn on you, but that doesn’t mean that if push came to shove she would sacrifice herself for anyone.  She isn’t that stupid.  Better them than me is a pretty good motto for Milly.

As a former farmer’s daughter Milly is used to hard work and doesn’t shy from it.  She doesn’t like laziness in others and expects that they will take care of their business with little grumbling.  There isn’t much about ship life that is as backbreaking and dirty as growing up on a farm.

Milly’s childhood didn’t offer much in the way of education past about a high school level and while she is a pretty little thing she has no concepts of high flatulent manners.  She can swear like a sailor in multiple languages and often does so.  She laughs loud with an occasional snort and likes her drink.  Dainty she is not.

History

Milly grew up on a farm on Ezra in the Georgia System.  Like most of the families on Ezra at the time her family was and is farmers.  She has 11 siblings, 6 older and 5 younger who as far as she knows still farm the fields of Ezra scraping out a living from the land.  Milly always wanted more for herself though.  It wasn’t that she shied away from the hard work or didn’t enjoy the sun setting in the fields.  She has mostly good memories of Ezra, but knowing that there were whole other worlds out there with billions of people and experiences waiting to be discovered was something that grabbed ahold of Milly and didn’t let go.  When she was eighteen years old her parents informed her that they had agreed to give Milly’s hand in marriage to one of the other local farmers, a much older scrum of a man with loose ties to the newly arrived Niska, Milly stole a family shotgun, horse and her potential husbands dowry an used them to buy her way on to the first tramp freighter off of Ezra.

She didn’t know that the dowry was really a payment to Niska’s new criminal enterprise.  It wasn’t a lot of money, not enough for them to come looking for her, but enough to put Milly on the organizations radar.  Life off planet wasn’t all that Milly imagined and she struggled to find her way.  She was pretty enough to be a companion, but not all that interested in lying on her back all day and frankly didn’t have the manners to cut it anyway.  She was a hard worker though and didn’t mind getting her hands dirty.  Growing up on the farm gave her a broad knowledge of a lot of subjects.  She could take care of animals, patch up injuries, she knew how to handle a shooting iron and could rig field fixes on ground vehicles to make them work in a pinch.  Once on ship she picked up other handy bits and pieces of starship maintenance and was always fine with being simple labor if it meant getting her from one place to another and didn’t ask a lot of question about what kind of job the crew was pulling.

Milly hooked up with the Satori a couple of years ago at Lilac.  By then she had picked up enough Mandarin to be considered fluent with a bad accent and knows a bit of Cantonese.  Captain Nyari knows about her issues leaving Ezra, but she has managed to stay under the radar and one step ahead of the cortex tags for the moment.  Milly continues her work as a gun-hand on the Satori and has not real aspiration to lead.  Some of the Captain’s choice of jobs does concern her a bit, not so much for the type of work, but for the fact that she could get tagged with much bigger crimes by association than she can stay ahead of.  So far though the Captain has shown to be as adept at staying ahead of the law as Milly would be on her own and the working relationship has worked out well for the both of them.

Kuroneko

Looks good, Crash. It'll be nice to have someone that's been on the ship with Khal for a while :-)

PhantomPistoleer

~BASICS~

Name:  Dr. Hence Harrison Kinkaid
Aliases:   First Lieutenant Kinkaid; Hennie;
Homeworld:   Bellerophon
Affiliation: Independent
Position:  Ship's Doctor
Education:  Completed formal education at exclusive finishing school in Bellerophon; B.S. in Organic Chemistry & Molecular Anatomy at Naval Academy at Hera; served as Field Medic aboard Alliance medical frigate and then attended the University of Osiris to complete a Masters degree in Biology and, subsequently, his M.D.  Interned aboard Alliance Capital Class vessel Daring as a combat surgeon.
Cortex Flags:  Dishonorably discharged from military service;  found guilty of depraved heart murder (Murder in the Second Degree) by military tribunal; wanted fugitive.

Height: 6'2
Weight: 170 lbs.
Hair Color:  Black
Eye Color:  Brown
Character Model:  Alejandro Carzo
Orientation:  Heterosexual

~DETAILS~

General Appearance:  Hence has a dominating brown gaze that is both inquisitive and penetrating.  Behind his eyes, there lies a profound intellectual presence.  He has an olive face that is pleasantly gaunt, with high cheekbones, a chiseled chin, a boxer's nose, and thin lips.  His countenance is framed by slicked-back raven hair.  He is broad-shouldered, with thick arms and and long limbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics:  Hence has three distinct circular scars from laser-fire on his back and chest.  He sports a tattoo on his forearm that depicts the sigil of Alliance Naval Marines.  Additionally, he has tattooed 162 names on his back -- men and women he has failed to save on the operating table.

Family:  Cassie Day Kinkaid (Mother, deceased);  Benjamin "Ben" Harrison Kinkaid (Father);  Kenswick Harrison Kinkaid (Younger Brother);  Patricia "Patty" Kinkaid (Younger Sister);

Personality:  Hence is serious, but not too serious.  Depending on his mood, he can be dismissive and mechanical, or he can be caring and empathetic.  He doesn't rattle easily, and is at leisure even when things are falling apart.  However, he appreciates order, and dislikes chaos for the sake of chaos.  He likes the quietness of his medical bay, and can usually be found there, reading, organizing, and having a spot of tea. 

Weaknesses:  Hence can become preoccupied with intellectual challenges, and his focus to resolve these challenges can be used against him when one wishes to get things by him.  Additionally, though he is proficient in the use of firearms, Hence is simply incapable of performing emergency surgery immediately after he has participated in a firefight.  Whether it's nerves or his inability to control his adrenaline, Hence suffers from debilitating shakes after battle.  Finally, though Hence is usually cool as a cucumber, he gets really hot whenever someone moves his things.

Notable Skills:

• Trauma Surgeon:  Hence is well-versed at performing care under fire, tactical field care, and tactical evaluation care anywhere, at any time; 
  • Medical Doctor:  Hence is highly proficient at diagnosing and treating medical conditions;
  • Laboratory Scientist:  Hence is highly proficient with chemicals;
  • Military Soldier:  Though reluctant, Hence has been trained in basic hand-to-hand combat and ranged combat, as well as military tactics.

Weapons:  Hence carries a field knife, a multi-tool utility knife, a first aid field kit with numerous surgical instruments, and a Taurus Model 608 .357 Mag. Revolver.

History:  Dr. Hence Harrison Kinkaid's got a head on him on account of his parents payin' for his schoolin'.  Ain't no mistake, the Kincaid's of Bellerophon have a lot of money to spend, an' they can afford to send their kids to the best schools 'cross the 'verse.  An' that's just what Hence did.  Now, his family was in all sorts of business, but for good or ill, Hence didn't care for business.  He didn't care for money.  He was a curious kid, turned into an even more curious adult, an' he ended up bein' a cut different from his folks or his siblings.  See, he liked helpin' people.  He thought that by bein' a doctor, he could do jus' that.

So he did what any ambitious young man does when he sets out to become a doctor.  He got his degrees.  He got his experience.  He made the grades, an' he came out near the top of his class.  With a huge war goin' on, it was hard to be a doctor outside of the military, so he chose a side an' stuck to it.  Military life suited him.  An' what's more, the military let him get out from under the thumb of his family.

Now, a few misadventures have been abridged.  Fellow has fought in some hairy battles, an' met some strange denizens, too.  He's fallen in love, he's lost a fair bit, an' he's had some tragic foibles, too. 

It was said that Dr. Kinkaid was a fine military man, and even a better surgeon.  Bullets could be whizzin' overhead, but the good ole' bonesaw was as fine as a lily, patching men up in the mud.  There's a thing about bein' good at your job that no one tells you, though.  If you're good at yer' job, you're gonna get promoted.  And yer' gonna get promoted until you can't get promoted any more.  Same doggone thing happened to Hence.  He rose an' rose, and found himself in a position that nobody in their right mind shoulda' been good at.

See, he found himself working at a top secret government facility, but he wasn't there to fix people up.  No, the Alliance had him doin' other things.  One particular evil son of a bitch named Captain Andrew Jasper--pretty much the guy in charge of the facility--kept orderin' Hence to participate in some of the most godawful experiments on human beings ... while they were still alive.  Pretty soon, it got to be that Hence wanted out.  Kinkaid's a good man, an' so he fixed Captain Jasper real good.  Hence freed the test subjects he could, an' gave the Captain a four inch diameter hole in the back of his head.

Course, no good deed goes unpunished.  A military tribunal charged, tried, and convicted the good doctor with depraved heart murder for Jasper's death.  Some say that the only reason Hence didn't get the death penalty is because his family was wealthy and greased a few palms.  Still, their son was sentenced to 25 years hard time on a backwards moon colony.  Things got rough, though, and the air was a bit thick, meaning that Hence didn't make any friends very quickly, but had no difficulty making enemies.  With a few attempts on his life under his belt, Kinkaid made good his escape, and joined a mercenary freelancer group. 

Kinkaid bounced around a few groups, developin' a reputation as a dependable wound-stitcher.  His group was gettin' a hitch aboard the Satori when he was poached by the captain.  He's served ever since.

Dislikes:  Chaos, Sleep, Warfare, Stupidity;
Hobbies:  Reading (Speculative Historical Fiction); Golfing; Scale Modeling (Automobiles);
Fears and Phobias:  Inadequacy (Professional);  Fear of becoming his father;  Arachnophobia;
Ons and Offs:  Hence is currently unable to be intimate--everything is an off;

Extraneous Information: (Credit to your sources here if need be. Include anything else you think we may need to know).
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kuroneko

He looks great so far, Phantompistoler :-). 

His location would be the Satori, and the name of the faceclaim is Alejandro Corzo (I reverse googled your image). There are lots of great pictures of him if you want to add some more in the smaller image locations under the main one ;).