Game Protagonists At War! (LGBTQ Friendly) (Video Game Mash-up!)

Started by Rel Mayer, June 15, 2015, 04:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 18, 2015, 04:06:48 PM
It's cool. I'd rather not step on an established players toes. Thanks for answering my questions.

Actually I have a way to retcon Gywndolin for you ED. All I have to do is rewrite Caith, leader of the Darkwraiths as the one that pulled the strings of my character, thus making Gwyndolin a victim of circumstances.

PS - Only the name Solaire was taken. In the dimension this Undead came from he had to mercy kill Solaire, a dear friend of his because he mercy killed the Fair Lady, Queelag's sister. So one could easily write that in another time, another world, the real Solaire survived.

scribus1000

I'm pretty sure Jinx has blown up things/murdered people in Piltover, lol. Though as she's your pick, you could potentially change that if you wanted.

As for League, I believe there was already a Yasuo, and I'm still planning a Vi sometime later. But for now I already have two charries (Rubi and Korra), and anyone who wishes to may set something up with them.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Diesel Heart

Quote from: scribus1000 on June 18, 2015, 04:11:52 PM
I'm pretty sure Jinx has blown up things/murdered people in Piltover, lol. Though as she's your pick, you could potentially change that if you wanted.

As for League, I believe there was already a Yasuo, and I'm still planning a Vi sometime later. But for now I already have two charries (Rubi and Korra), and anyone who wishes to may set something up with them.

You bring Vi in and I'm done.  The Alliance can die for all I care. I want Vi in my basement.

scribus1000

I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Rel Mayer

Hey everyone, I am currently helping Ash out with her sheet and I think she's going to post it here. Any of you mind providing some advice to help fill it out once she posts it?

Laughing Hyena

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 18, 2015, 04:30:14 PM
Hey everyone, I am currently helping Ash out with her sheet and I think she's going to post it here. Any of you mind providing some advice to help fill it out once she posts it?

You got it.

Blue Nova

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 18, 2015, 03:19:42 PM
Whew..a lot to read.

The Timeline

Here is a post summarizing a the events so far, and in the correct order. These are all the past threads, I have not added the current events but will soon.

eternaldarkness

I'm going to submit Dark Sun Gwyndolin shortly. Whoever Solaire saw acting as a member of the Legion wasn't him, because Gwyndolin is a god and a master of illusion. Solaire saw what Gwyndolin wanted him to see, and he's ready to claim his rightful place as the ruler of Lordran, and working with the legion is out because the dark sun does not share power. But first he needs to save it.
Dark Sun Gwyndolin

Rel Mayer

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 18, 2015, 05:16:33 PM
I'm going to submit Dark Sun Gwyndolin shortly. Whoever Solaire saw acting as a member of the Legion wasn't him, because Gwyndolin is a god and a master of illusion. Solaire saw what Gwyndolin wanted him to see, and he's ready to claim his rightful place as the ruler of Lordran, and working with the legion is out because the dark sun does not share power. But first he needs to save it.
Dark Sun Gwyndolin
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Pink Professional

I am interested in this! Blame Rel, she has tempted me.

I'm tinkering around with ideas for a few characters. Not sure which one(s) to pick.

Is there a character limit?

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Pink Professional on June 18, 2015, 07:10:18 PM
I am interested in this! Blame Rel, she has tempted me.

I'm tinkering around with ideas for a few characters. Not sure which one(s) to pick.

Is there a character limit?

You get 2 but I believe new players are restricted to 1 for the time being of course and you'll be integrated in the best you can courtesy of GM communication.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: WardenIce on June 18, 2015, 07:13:35 PM
You get 2 but I believe new players are restricted to 1 for the time being of course and you'll be integrated in the best you can courtesy of GM communication.
You can start with two characters, but only one will be allowed in the Main Story Arc. You can play around with the other in side scenes.

eternaldarkness

I was going to do Gwyndolin, but I've been itching to play Jason for a while now. I gave him a host that can actually interact socially, and all in all hes just a tough, brutal tank thats hard to keep down permanently without some concentrated effort. This is my first draft, so please do give thoughts, ideas and input, as it's still a work in progress. I'd love to get him involved in a romantic or sexual endeavor of some kind, and he's an ideal candidate to be a bodyguard/personal goon for any cute girl.

Jason Voorhees

Current Occupation: Guidance Counselor/Peewee league hockey coach

Home World Information: Mortal Kombat universe - Earth realm

Appearance/Style Description: Jason is a rather plain-looking middle-aged man, bald and intimidatingly tall at a height of 6'4" and heavily muscled. He usually dresses in normal but rugged casual clothes such as jeans with a T-shirt and jacket. When hunting those who prey on children or expecting a fight Jason dons his iconic hockey mask and carries a large machete.

Sexuality: Jason is heterosexual, but rather shy about his own sexuality. He finds women who are very sexually aggressive intimidating, but is otherwise nonjudgmental in regard to physical appearance, as even though his current host body is an average-looking man Jason still bears the psychological scars of a childhood as a deformed outcast.  He bases attraction to others on their personality and qualities as a human being, not their outward appearance.

Personality: Depending on who you ask, Jason Voorhees is either the most prolific supernatural serial killer ever to walk the earth or a misunderstood soul in need of help. Both are true - Jasons true personality was for years suppressed by the insatiable desire for death and revenge that all revenants have, but in truth he is kind, caring and even a little child like in his naivete, but when he is threatened or witnesses evil and sin his personality changes back into the unstoppable, silent undead killing machine he once was until the threat ends or he himself is slain.

History: (Not reposting Jason's full history. Find a wiki if you somehow don't know who he is.)
Jason was and still is a ruthless killer, but his most recent death and resurrection in the body of school guidance counselor Kane Hoddard has restored his mind, and now with hoddards consciousness guiding the confused and lonely man child inside, Jason is no longer a rampaging monster and has become a dark avenger stalking those who threaten the weak and helpless. He fought in the last Mortal Kombat tournament on behalf of Earth Realm, and now that worlds full of innocents, including children are endangered he has put his supernatural powers to the task of defeating the Legion.

When he isn't on the hunt for evildoers Jasons personality lies dormant within Kane Hoddard, who is a youth counselor at a New York elementary school and coaches a kids hockey team.

Current Situation: Searching for GPaW Alliance members in New York.

Weapon: Jasons oversized Machete.

Stats -
Strength- 3. Jason is strong enough to perform some prodigious feats of raw might such as lifting an oak tree off of himself or mamhandling human-sized opponents relatively easily.
Agility - 1. Jason is very slow and clumsy, and is not a trained fighter.
Stamina - 3. Jason is tough and hard to keep down. He does not react to pain at all.
Power -1. Jason has no special powers aside from his limited teleportation.
Reputation -0. Jason and Kane are both relative unknowns.

Special Powers: 

Teleportation - Jason can seemingly appear near his victims through means of teleporting, somehow. He cannot use this power while being directly observed by any living being.

Electrical Resurrection - If his body is damaged to the point of death but not completely destroyed, Jason can be revived instantly by a large electrical shock such as from a lightning strike.

Healing factor - Jason possess a unique ability to regenerate lost and damaged tissue at an accelerated rate. As a result, he can sustain bullet and knife wounds and be virtually unaffected. This ability allows him to recover from particularly fatal injuries, although complete bodily destruction will stop him from regenerating. He has been incapacitated by chaining him to the bottom of a lake or impaling him through the head, but in all cases he will eventually regenerate.

Strengths: Jason has a keen understanding of children and animals that borders on the empathic, and has a knack for destroying and disabling technological devices. Jason is incredibly strong by human standards, but this is largely because he does not fear injury and feels no pain rather than being superhumanly strong.

Weaknesses: Jason has a crippling fear of drowning despite being undead, and if he is immersed in a large enough body of any liquid he will go into a panic until he is no longer submerged. In addition while he is incredibly strong and tough, Jason is not very fast, and speedy opponents can run circles around him. Also as a revenant he is vulnerable to magics that affect the undead or manipulate the soul.

Pink Professional

Ornstein, the Dragonslayer

Current Occupation: Bouncer/Wandering Mercenary - The only job Ornstein has found that wasn't 'beneath him' was the role of a Bouncer at a club. Even if the job requires him to forgo his beloved spear.

Home World Information: The land of Lordran is known as the land of ancient lords and, in the setting of Ornstein’s world, it was the crucible of the first flame: the place where life began. After life was wrestled from eternal nothingness, the age of fire started: an age of gods and lords and almost infinite prosperity…for the ones who reaped it.

Ornstein was amongst those chosen few. A knight to the God of Light, Gwyn, Ornstein was head amongst the four most powerful and loyal of the knights of Gwyn, earning himself great renown through his talents as a slayer of dragons. At first, the dragons were a challenge, and he received great praise for his work, but as the Dragons degenerated and became stunted by generations of inbreeding and regression, Ornstein found himself without a challenge. He was left behind in Anor Londo to guard Gwyn’s daughter, but things were tedious for him. Immortality grates, when one lacks a challenge.

Appearance/Style Description: While the golden lion armour that is iconic to Ornstein is the same, the man underneath is a creature of unknown good looks. A rugged main of Golden hair, bright green eyes and a face completely clean of blemishes would meet anyone who could remove the helmet. While underneath the armour is the chiselled bronze-skinned body of a man who lives the warrior’s life in the light of an eternal sun. He is an attractive man, to be sure: and he prides himself upon it.

Sexuality: (Nothing hyper-specific. Just none of the extreme stuff, like Scat and vore and the other stuff we tend not to talk about.)

Personality: Ornstein is a man who is dominated by his confidence. He was the Dragonslayer, and he was one of Gwyn’s four knights; he is the greatest lancer in his kingdom, and he is a big lightning wielding bad-ass; and he is damned handsome, and he knows it. Nothing seems to phase Ornstein, because of his overwhelming confidence, or arrogance, depending on your stance. He is rarely surprised, and even less often discouraged. The only thing that will get a rise out of him is a challenge against his pride. Despite his (over-)confidence, Ornstein is a likable enough person. He works well in teams and has a clear enough sense of empathy and caring that he can read a situation and knows when to tone down how superior he is. More importantly, he is charismatic, and knows when to speak and when to shut up.

History: The Captain of the Four Knights of Gwyn, lord of Fire, Ornstein has known glory and victory for millennia. Having fought alongside the Gods in the Age of Dragons, Ornstein distinguished himself amongst others for his proficiency at killing the Ancient Dragons, and earned his title as Dragonslayer. For his part in the victory against the ancient dragons, Ornstein was gifted a piece of the Lord Soul, granting him immunity to the ravages of old age, and the chance to continually hone his craft as a warrior.

As the Age of Fire faded though, and as the other gods fell, Ornstein was forced to watch in growing apathy as his Valhalla like world crumbled. He remained true to Gwyn, and guarded his daughter Gwynevere, but soon even she fled Anor Londo. With no reason to remain in the dying kingdom, Ornstein began to look for a new challenge.

He found it with the Legion.

The villainous legion offered Ornstein, along with his companion Smough, a chance to leave the confines of one world and challenge heroes from another. Both accepted the role, and Ornstein and Smough were put to work against Heroes. Ornstein enjoyed the challenge, but soon grew bored of the lack of substance in his work. He was not given any true status or prominence amongst the legion, and he soon defected. If the Legion wouldn’t offer him a challenging opponent, perhaps it would prove one.

Current Situation: An Independent. He has rejected the legion for proving unable to provide a challenge, and hopes to draw the attention of the Protagonists.

Weapon: Ornstein’s Spear – A powerful Crossed Spear with a lightning enchantment, Ornstein’s spear is renowned for its powerful thrusting attacks, which can shatter boulders and Stone-Dragon Scales alike. It can be used as a focus for Ornstein’s Lightning control, and he can use it to fire out bolts of lightning. It can be wielded in either one hand or two.
Dragonbone Shield – A shield made from the bones of the many dragons he has slain, the weapon is incredibly durable and resilient against Fire damage. Normally, Ornstein prefers to wield his spear in two hands, so it is not uncommon for him to forgo the shield.

Stats - We have 5 different stats in the game. We do not roll for hitting, or use it to track health. The purpose of these stats is only to help the GMs during the free-form fights. We have a better gauge of how strong you are, versus how strong another character is. And vice versa. New characters will start with 4 points to spend. Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Power will all start at 1. Reputation starts at 0. If you have an issue - please contact any of the GMs or post in one of our OOC threads - and one of our players will help you out!

Strength – 2: While he hits harder than the average man, he is still not a juggernaut of strength, instead preferring to out manoeuvre foes.
Agility – 3: Ornstein is fast: deceptively so, considering his bulky gold armour. If one blinks, they might find themselves feeling the sting of the Dragonslayer’s spear, or the lightning that comes with it.
Stamina – 1: Armour or not, Ornstein is fairly susceptible to taking a hit. He has no means of healing, and he has no ability to take a hit worth talking about.
Power - 2 : A wielder of Lightning power, Ornstein can channel this lightning through his spear’s tip. A part of him longs to develop this talent though.
Reputation -0: Ornstein has rejected his place amongst the Legion, because they never gave him a real challenge. Now he stands in front of the Protagonist organisation, aware that they likely scorn him for his flippant lack of loyalty to a side. He cares little for his reputation though, that will grow in time, as his skills develop.

Special Powers: Conduit of Lightning – Ornstein can manipulate and generate lightning, to a certain degree. He is currently a novice in its potential, only able to channel it through his spear as either a projectile, or as a finishing move, if he impales a target.

Shard of the Lord Soul – Lord Gwyn once awarded Ornstein with a shard of the all-powerful Lord soul, and that shard awards Ornstein a number of benefits. Most prominent of these is that Ornstein will never grow old, or even require sustenance, but he also has the ability to absorb people’s humanity: the essence of their soul. While currently unrefined, he gains slight strength from the slain, culminating in regeneration and reinvigoration at this early stage.

Leo Knight - Ornstein is known to be faster than a normal human can hope to be, especially in his heavy armour. He is also at peak physical strength, meaning that he can lift more, last longer and outwrestle the average individual…Thankfully, there are very few ‘average’ people around the Legion or the Protagonist leagues.

Strengths: Master of Combat – Ornstein can read a situation better than most, thanks to millennia of experience and mastery. He can predict the flow of melee combat, and manipulate it using his dextrous and fluid combat style.

Slayer of Beasts – One doesn’t earn the title ‘Dragonslayer’ without a certain talent for killing monsters. Against non-humanoids, Ornstein is an even more deadly opponent, abusing their lumbering size and their lack of rational planning. This talent is even greater against the dragons he earned his namesake from.

Charismatic Warrior – Ornstein’s charisma is enough that he can lead some of the most powerful individual warriors in Lordran. He knows how best to lead a group of otherwise very disparate fighters, and can convince people to his cause with his words, just as easily as with force.

Unwavering Courage – Ornstein’s confident nature makes him a beacon in times of trouble. When the chips are down, and hope seems lost, allies can look to the gleaming golden lion and see a man unphased by trouble; untouched by fear; and unaffected by a loss of hope. In those times, those who are afraid might bolster and rally, where they might otherwise crumple.

Weaknesses: Weakness to Ranged Fighters – Ornstein speed lets him overcome a large portion of ranged fighters, but if a skilled enough Ranged fighter who can keep him at a distance were to challenge him, either with magic or ranged weapons, then he would struggle. People like Beyonetta are examples of the sort of fighters Ornstein will struggle with.

Loyalty to the Strong – Ornstein has very little respect for people he doesn’t consider his equals. If an ally who he considers weaker than him were in desperate need of Ornstein’s help, it is more than possible he would abandon them to their fate. After all, the weak exist only to be brushed aside.

Limited Options  - At the moment, Ornstein is pretty easily countered by enemies who can resist his spear. He uses it as a conduit for his lightning, and it is his only weapon, so if one were immune to Thrusting attacks, such as having the ability to become intangible, or having a shield he couldn’t pierce, Ornstein would struggle to finish out the fight.

Rel Mayer

Pink Professional:

Really liking your character, Pink! I think it looks good by me! The only thing I am wondering about is if he's currently an independent - searching for a new group of people to fight with since the Legion proved to offer him no challenge? I think that's what you were going with, but I just wanted to make sure! The only thing is by the end of the arc, we would like you to join the protagonist crew, so we don't have to have multiple main story plotlines going. Haha!

Eternaldarkness:

Looks like an awesome character and the current profession is pretty hilarious! The only thing I would like to comment on is the amount of powers that he current has. If you don't mind narrowing it down by two - you will actually have an opportunity to gain another power very quickly once you start the game. (We have a sort of fast-track thing going for new players.)

Other than that I'm going to wait for Blue Nova to approve both of you, but I think you're both looking mighty fine!

Pink Professional

@Rel: Yeah, I've edited a little bit to reflect that infinitely better wording of his status :P

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Pink Professional on June 19, 2015, 09:50:51 AM
@Rel: Yeah, I've edited a little bit to reflect that infinitely better wording of his status :P

Perfect! Gives me a great idea of how to implement him into the current Main Story!

Lustful Bride

...I am both complietely terrified and fascinated by us having Jason trying to join. I wonder if he enjoys beating other slasher killers into submission?

I also wonder what innocent things he does to calm down?

ALso I feel this is totally appropriate.

Vaulera

Ha! Ornstein could be a bouncer at the same club as Juri. Not sure if Juri's situation has improved considering how far I've gone with her, but it's very possible. As for Jason, I'm super excited to see how he turns into a fully fleshed out personality.

Pink Professional

Quote from: Vaulera on June 19, 2015, 10:30:57 AM
Ha! Ornstein could be a bouncer at the same club as Juri. Not sure if Juri's situation has improved considering how far I've gone with her, but it's very possible. As for Jason, I'm super excited to see how he turns into a fully fleshed out personality.

Seems possible. I'm sure Ornstein will be confused as hell as to how this thin looking woman beats people into magical pulp with her bare hands.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Pink Professional on June 19, 2015, 10:50:47 AM
Seems possible. I'm sure Ornstein will be confused as hell as to how this thin looking woman beats people into magical pulp with her bare hands.

He'll soon learn that the women of the Fahrenheit are tough cookies and not to be messed with! Especially crazy ones like Juri!

Mr L

I'm curious as to know how exactly he deems someone as weak. Like in a melee fighting sense, or combat in general. If he thinks of calling Peach weak, her magic can easily show him otherwise >:)
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Blue Nova

@Pink Professional: Approved, move him over to the Character Sheets thread! Looks great!

@eternaldarkness: A bit too many powers, but I really like it. Maybe change Superhuman Strength and Endurance to just Character Strengths (not as powerful but still relevant), then take away the possession. Just my opinion, because it would only work on grunt level guys, i would just depend on my team mates to get the body to resurrect later when the electricity.
Though its completely up to you what you want.  :-)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Blue Nova on June 19, 2015, 11:00:02 AM
@Pink Professional: Approved, move him over to the Character Sheets thread! Looks great!

@eternaldarkness: A bit too many powers, but I really like it. Maybe change Superhuman Strength and Endurance to just Character Strengths (not as powerful but still relevant), then take away the possession. Just my opinion, because it would only work on grunt level guys, i would just depend on my team mates to get the body to resurrect later when the electricity.
Though its completely up to you what you want.  :-)

Alrighty then. I'll redo him.