TheGlyphstone

...That chart is completely wrong.

Al Gore didn't get his head chopped off. ;D

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

jouzinka

I'm really choking on how old they make everyone.

*has just seen Qhorin Halfhand*

I bet they'll make Mance Rayder a grandpa too. >:(

Rhapsody

So... Thoughts in real-time as I watched tonight's episode.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Renly is stabbed through the chest when his armor is removed, not has his throat slit through the gorget. Margaery is much more cutthroat, and Baelish is implicated in marrying her to Joffrey. They skipped another battle (the one where Loras dons Renly's armor and they battle with Stannis's army. (Implied by the conversation between Cersei and Tyrion in that Renly's banners are flocking to Stannis.)

Lena Headey's smirk over a wineglass is perfectly Cersei. The conversation between Tyrion and Lancel was freaking hilarious.

The more of Stannis I see in the TV show, the less I think he resembles the Stannis of the books. I have to say, though, the tone of voice and facial expression he took when ordering Davos to lead the navy was pure Stannis, to the bone. Hard truths indeed.

Theon makes me want to reach through the television and strangle him.

Tywin is full of awesome. And Maisie Williams pulls off that young sociopath look Arya grows so good at. Jaqen, also awesome. I'm very glad they kept his offer for three deaths, since that was so integral to Arya escaping to Braavos.

As Requiem put it, "God, beyond the Wall reminds me of Skyrim. I'm expecting a dragon to descend at any moment."

Wildfire looks nifty. Bronn, always a treat.

Warlocks are fucking creepy. That is all.

Winter is coming. And so is Theon Greyjoy. My, how quickly his cloak turned.

Qhorin!

I must say, I like this version of Xaro better than the way he came across on paper.

That's one.

Not a hugely great episode, but decent in its own way. Didn't have to see Robb, which suits me fine. I enjoyed him in the books, but his portrayal on the screen makes my eyeteeth hurt. Of course, that just means that the next episode will be involving him more.

I honestly thought the episode would end
with the sack of Winterfell
. Apparently, I was wrong though.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

jouzinka

Incidentally, I just read over the part where Loras describes to Jaime the thing about the armor.

He tells him that the armor wouldn't fit Loras as he was too small into it, but that it fit his older brother Garlan just fine, so it was him who impersonated Renly in the Battle of Blackwater. Also, I don't remember any battle at all between Renly's assassination (when his armor is being put on) and Blackwater in the books. :o

I actually like Stannis. Any more handsome and I believe the female part of the viewers would be inclined to like him, which is not supposed to happen. I don't think the actor delivers, though. Although any more stern/less acting and I think he'd be accused of not acting at all. Wooden Stannis would have been better, though, truer to the image of the books.

Can't wait to see it.  ;D

Rhapsody

There is one scene, jouzinka, where Stephen Dillane delivers his character perfectly. The look, the tone of voice, the dialogue. Everything. Just perfect. :)

ETA: Also, who can keep all those Tyrells straight? I'm fairly sure if they mention it at all in the TV show, it will be Loras, not some cousin of his. :P
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

jouzinka

Well, at least they will sort the Freys for us too. Imagine having to keep count on THAT! XD

Remiel

I'm with jouzinka on the casting for Qhorin Halfhand, although I think they nailed it with Davos Seaworth and Asha / Yara Greyjoy.    I also am happy with the actress playing Margaery Tyrell; it seems like they made her character as pragmatic and devious as she was in the books ("I don't want to be a queen; I want to be the queen.")  I'm lukewarm on Xaro Xhoan Daxos, but I think I grinned maniacally when I saw Pyat Pree.

Also: I'm looking forward to seeing Mance Rayder and Ygritte.  You know nothing, Jon Snow!

jouzinka

I find it very strange that there are very few people around the age of mid twenties to mid-to-late thirties in the series.

The ones I could come up were Renly and Loras, perhaps Brienne and Viserys (I was so gawking when I read that Daenerys was supposed to be eighteen by the start of the series). Having made the children three years older and their parents ten-ish was not the best idea, in my opinion.

I'm enjoying a lot of the casting, I think they are mostly nailing the characters when it comes to acting, but there are decisions that aren't within the actors' reach and the characters fall short/flat. :-\

Beorning

I just watched the newest episode...

Hm. Is it me, or will the Reed siblings end up being written out of the story?

Overall, I must admit that I'm not liking this new season as much as I thought I would be :( The book was way better...

Amy Liz

Is it just me or the second season is more entertaining and interesting than the first one?

jouzinka

I think I should start watching this without the pretense of having read the books. So many "little" changes that make so much difference are honestly just making me want to strangle anyone who made them.

Why are they dumbing everyone down? Next thing they'll tell us, the chain will be the idea of the smiths? >:( Tyrion doesn't need to be told to load the wildfire on the catapults. Theon doesn't know who is Dagmer Cleftjaw or why is it exactly that he had to introduce himself? It's a wonder they didn't throw Theon overboard in that case.

On another note... Davos's idea to not bring Melisandre?
Will they fault him for it when they lose the battle (and at such cost)?

Why doesn't Jaqen know who Arya is? THE TICKLER? Da fuq?  :o

And yes, the Reeds are apparently being written out of the series and heir role will go to Osha the wildling, it would seem.

"I hope you make a better ranger than you make a stewart?"

"How long has been your man-servant in love with you?"

*just stares*

Rhapsody

Quote from: Beorning on April 30, 2012, 04:52:56 PM
I just watched the newest episode...

Hm. Is it me, or will the Reed siblings end up being written out of the story?

Overall, I must admit that I'm not liking this new season as much as I thought I would be :( The book was way better...

They... Well. I can see how their roles might be condensed down to one, but that's going to make it difficult when

Rickon and Brann split up, and Rickon goes to Skagos while Bran goes beyond the Wall to find the three-eyed crow.

So fine. I can live without the Reed kids. But they must keep Howland Reed (even though we haven't seen him in the books). He's the only one who knows who Jon Snow's mother (and possibly father?) is.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Beorning

Quote from: jouzinka on April 30, 2012, 05:33:25 PM
Why are they dumbing everyone down? Next thing they'll tell us, the chain will be the idea of the smiths? >:( Tyrion doesn't need to be told to load the wildfire on the catapults.

Yeah, that irked me, too. They also seem to be downplaying a lot of Tyrion's activities as the Hand. In the books, he did much more aside from plotting against Cersei...

... and, of course, him not being given the credit for saving King's Landing was an important part of his character development in Storm of Swords.

And yes, the Reeds are apparently being written out of the series and heir role will go to Osha the wildling, it would seem.

Weird. Very weird.

jouzinka

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 30, 2012, 05:40:02 PM
They... Well. I can see how their roles might be condensed down to one, but that's going to make it difficult when

Rickon and Brann split up, and Rickon goes to Skagos while Bran goes beyond the Wall to find the three-eyed crow.

So fine. I can live without the Reed kids. But they must keep Howland Reed (even though we haven't seen him in the books). He's the only one who knows who Jon Snow's mother (and possibly father?) is.
Maybe they won't split up... Hodor wouldn't be able to look after Bran in the ways Meera scouts and cooks. I think that Osha will do all that while Bran watches Rickon (and Hodor) on their way beyond the wall.

Very weird indeed.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

"Daenerys says Khaleesi"

Well fuck, that's a bottle right there.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Avis habilis

How many shots to you take if someone gets injured while having incestuous sex?

jouzinka

Oniya

Quote from: Avis habilis on May 07, 2012, 02:07:33 PM
How many shots to you take if someone gets injured while having incestuous sex?

I think that would depend on whether or not they were beheaded.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

TheGlyphstone

As long as it's not before.

Beorning

Okay, I just watched the newest episode...

As Jouzinka likes to say: DA FUK?!?

What's the deal with the dragons being stolen? And who's this "Talyssa" chick Robb keeps bumping into? Is she going to be his love interest? If so, where's Jaine Westerling???

Eh. At least the casting of Ygritte is perfect.

Shjade

Quote from: Beorning on May 07, 2012, 04:04:37 PM
Eh. At least the casting of Ygritte is perfect.

*looks up clip of Jon and Ygritte's first meeting on Youtube*

... Dang. That is a pretty nifty Ygritte.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

jouzinka

I think that what they are doing to the show is rather funny, considering Martin's expressed discomfort with fanfiction based on his work. This series is quickly becoming just that.

I think that half E writers would have done a better job at it, though.