The Va†ican [WIP Teaser/Interest Check]

Started by Drake Valentine, July 09, 2013, 08:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

October 26, 2014, 11:01:53 AM RULE UPDATES

If you haven't already read, I added in some modifications to the rules. Primary and earlier subdivisions to II. OOC Drama was applied and also a subdivision to VIII on Player Characters was applied.
October 25, 2014, 07:59:27 AM

For those still following this, I have updated the World Building thread with Factions and Missions information. Still WIPs, but more insight, they can be found under General Information
October 19, 2014, 11:06:33 AM Note

Still here, just been busy. Will work on things this coming Monday.

-Drake Valentine

Concerning Poll

Dresscode Sets.

Set I

Ladies
Gentlemen
Set II

Ladies
Gentlemen
Set III

Ladies
Gentlemen
Set IV

Awesomeness for Both Genders

A Drake Valentine Teaser...

Before I begin describing the context of the game, I am going to start off with the rules. These are something I see more important; and keep in mind you are to also abide to the Site’s Rules as well. Failure to comply to rules of the site within my game will result in reporting; failure to comply to my rules will result in a removal from my game. Though I am usually an easy going guy, I will not take any nonsense or BS in my game, if you may feel this is too much or any the rules are, do not join.

RULES
I. LGBT Friendly.
II. No OOC Drama.
  -A. What happens IC stays IC. As a result, I will not limit any character that may have a very bad personality. Be they feminists, extremists, bible thumppers, and things of that ilk. If you are the type of person that may find such offensive, this may not be the game for you; cause I am sure as the hell going to make plenty of humor towards religion through this game. I am trying to build a realistic world with realistic characters, not every one is going to be rainbows and sunshine personalities. I hope to the almighty not.
-B. Furthermore, being too much of an ass IC could cause problems through the story. I expect that if you do play such a character, you will be responsible enough as a roleplayer to not start any OOC scenes of anything that may follow happening to said character from the results.
III. Two-Three paragraph minimum posting.
IV. Third Person Narrative.
V. Respect Other Player's O/Os and Preferences
VI. Non-Con and Extremities must be agreed upon by whatever party they are targeting.
VII. No Godmoding, Powerplaying, or Metagaming; without the consensus of who it affects.
VIII. No killing off other players' characters,  unless you have permission from the player of such.
-A. Important NPCs also fall under this general rule. These can be either GM or even player made, but such figures will be identified with a † somewhere along their name.
IX. Inform me and others for extended inactivity period. After a month of not announcing of going away, you will be ejected from the game.
X. Problems are to be brought to me or fellow GMs through PM.
XI. Additional Rules and Edits may be added, depending on concerns. An update to such will always be included prior of doing so.
XII. My Word is Law. 

Failure to comply to any of these rules will result in warnings and a removal from the game. Bold roman numerals are immediate bans from my game if not respected. Three warnings and you are kicked out otherwise to everything else. You may or may not be allowed to rejoin depending on severity of offenses that resulted in kicking; if you are allowed to rejoin, if there is a second kicking, don't bother reapplying for a third time.

T H E  V A † I C A N

Links
World Building Thread

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

Interest Check

Divine Tenacity
bubby
RipTide
Tydorei
Izaya Orihara
TheBlackThrone

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Drake Valentine

What's this? I am digging this thread up I had built eons ago? Most people may of looked at it as a once lack of information request, but now I decided to go ahead and go back and put some effort into it. Originally, I was going to wait to I at least hit 50% of my production goal before teasing it, but this way, I can see what interest I may cultivate to know whether to continue working on it or stop wasting my time. Actually, this is the very first group game I ever wanted to do on E, but wanted to experiment with other concepts to get a grasp of GM-ing before I made the attempt. Those experiments have prove fruitful, I realize I can't really do much on my own, I am an idealist, but I have trouble taking full control over a concept I may devise. 

As a rule of thumb, this is my other group project I am trying to open. In truth, depending on interest levels I may pick one concept over another. Of course, it may be awhile till this idea sees completion; but that too depends on interest. More may lead me to focus my work on it, less may just make me shrug it off and do other things. Cold truths, but I am also a realist by fault.

Divine Tenacity

I will go ahead and mark my interest in this beforehand. I really hope this picks up speed!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Drake Valentine

Thanks for the interest. ^^ It will probably be awhile, I can't promise an exact date of completion, again that depends on interest level of would be participants for this game. I do however want to get it done before the end of this month. Motivation is biggest factor, however I did complete most of titles page in world building, so it is little over quarter there in completion.

Other Than That

For Amusement's sake.

QuoteVATICAN CITY—Numerous onlookers confirmed that His Holiness Pope Francis could be seen Thursday sprinting along the Holy See’s rooftops, darting between the chimneys and marble sculptures of the apostles atop St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel as he attempted to chase down a suspected sinner. After deftly scaling an exterior fire escape on the Apostolic Library, the pontiff is said to have raced across the pitched roof of the Vatican Museums while closely trailing the fleeing commandment violator, who according to eyewitnesses looked back over his shoulder multiple times during the pursuit to find the white-clad Vicar of Christ just a dozen paces behind him. Reports indicate that the pope lost track of the transgressor against God on top of the Palace of the Canonicate, causing him to pause for several seconds and frantically scan the horizon in all directions before suddenly spying the man on the adjacent roof of the Church of Santa Maria della Pietà, at which point the Bishop of Rome is said to have dashed at full speed to the building’s ledge and leapt the 30-foot gap separating the two structures. Sources confirmed that after a tumbling landing, the pope quickly picked himself up, returned his mitre to his head, and immediately resumed the chase. At press time, Pope Francis had reportedly taken a shortcut around the Tower of Nicholas V and tackled the unnamed blasphemer from behind, sending them both crashing through a 15th-century stained glass window and directly into a confessional booth below.
-Source

bubby

RipTide

Bookmarking! After watching The Borgias on Netflix, this is definitely something I could get into.

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

Drake Valentine

Thank you both for your interest. ^_^ I am not too familiar with Borgias though, I seen the series in stores and been thinking on watching it, but never had time or got around to such.  Mostly the project is base around fictional works of slayers, such as Van Hellsing, Buffy, Bran Stroker's Vampires and things of that ilk, but more so in the hunting of supernatural aspects. >.> I know there have been 'Vatican' like themes in other literature or culture, but I never seen a game focus on that concept of a secretive group keeping things hush-hush on supernatural through whatever means necessary.

I have browse sidely for some possible uniforms or dress fashions.

Such as.

Gentlemen

One(So Far, Hard finding good uniforms)

Or

This totally awesome uniform

Tydorei

Izaya Orihara

Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Drake Valentine

Thank you both for interest. ^^

I will be bit slow(have been ill for last few days,) though at this point I been reading over/researching information regarding Vatican and its general areas enclose within it within Rome. At least, to keep some realism instead of BS-ing my way through it; also deciding on key areas as far as that goes within the city. (Of course the game will be pretty open world, but most on-goings will be within HQ or the city itself when characters aren't on missions or vacation time or whatever.)

Izaya Orihara

If you want some help with world-building, research and the like, I can help, if you want.

Though I've only been to Rome and the Vatican once, which was around the start of this year, so I'm not an expert on their layout and such. I'd still recognise Rome and the Papal enclave whenever I saw them, mind you.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Drake Valentine

If you don't mind and would like, I appreciate it. ^^

I think I will just break down the main layout in sections or districts, since they are many key locations and have them fit in whatever 'district' they belong to if people roam around within the general enclave(think that is what it is called, the main entire wall in portion of city.) That way, I will still have room for HQs area and breaking it down(but this to depends on total number of people after end result/completion is met who are part of game, my efforts may change on way or another to meet allowed thread quota.) Needless to say the latter and an Other(Open world places that don't fall into HQ) will be main priorities of boards when things are done, regardless of number of participants.

The only main thing that is bugging me presently is if there is an actual building within the city call the Vatican? I was looking at one of the maps, Wikipedia map found here. Up top on it there is place worded Vatican, not sure if that is a church or museum or what and Wikipedia itself regarding city only gives so much info.

Izaya Orihara

Well, there's the Vatican hill, which is one of the seven hills of Rome. Other than that, and things like general term for the Papal enclave, or the Vatican necropolis and so on, it seems that according to one web definition, the Vatican refers to the Pope's residence, in part of the Apostolic Palace. Thus, it would be his apartments.

The bit labelled Vatican at the top of that map, is part of the words "Vatican Museum" though the spacing makes it look like they're not together as a single name.

Drake Valentine

Monthly Bump.

GM Note: I haven't done much updating beyond the things that have been presently added/updated in. The end Quarter is usually a busy year for me on and off site. I will follow monthly bumping to still see what interest there is. Updates will follow on the header post in quota of time added/tweaked into the World Building Thread for the game.

In hindsight, if this does get up and running, it likely won't be till around early first quarter of next year.

TheBlackThrone

I have to say that I've been watching this game so I might as well plant my interest for when it gets up and running.  :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings