Paying Off the Debts: Space Adventure [Temp. Closed while characters are made]

Started by King Serperior, April 24, 2016, 09:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Right, ok...so how does local system government feed into galactic government? How do the two relate, how do they interact? If - for example - one of them has an all powerful leader that brokers no argument, do the residents of said system still democratically elect the government, or can a dude with enough firepower set himself up as "in charge," and the higher ups of the Galactic government recognise him if it's in their interest to do so?
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

King Serperior

It honestly depends on a number of factors.  Is the system a treasure trove of resources?  Then the government will have attention to make sure no leader tries to take over it and refuse trade.  Is the system not profitable?  If that is the case, then it's a low priority.

Of course, this is talking about the CFS.  In the UWF, systems and species can join or not, so long as they have some sort of understanding or peace.  If a system refuses to trade or allow explorers in, then representatives are sent, negotiations are had, and if nothing happens, then the system is left alone unless they begin to declare war on a system that is part of the UWF.  In the CoS, the Splynne don't care.  Everyone knows that if the Splynne want to destroy you, they will.  It's happened many times before, entire planets glassed and destroyed because some species or government rose up against the cruel overlords.  Otherwise, everyone does whatever they need to to survive.

So, it depends on the overall government.  If there is a system in the CFS that wants to bully their way to power with weaponry, they'll be hard pressed to do so as the center of power is basically a fortress spread across an entire system.  Generally, if an all-powerful leader tries to lead, then that system's representatives are either forcefully recalled or are replaced to get what they want.  It's a delicate balance because such an uprising can be crippling if not done correctly and the right strings aren't pulled.  That said, this is what happens in the CFS.

Does that explain things?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey, that explains things! Danke Schon! :D

Now we just need a couple more crew members! :D

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

King Serperior

Indeed we do!  So far, without having analyzed the sheets yet, we have:

- Greyzak the Grackle pilot and heavy weapons expert.
- Kayda the Human techomancer engineer who will soon be on the run from a gang.
- Ran the Human fighter pilot who is apparently going to be looked for by the CFS for going 'AWOL.'

Still room for other good specialties, species, and interesting things!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

1SAZ

Welp, this has caught my interest. Now it's just a matter of putting something together in my head besides "SPACE PIRATE!" because no one wants to just be a space pirate. Though space pirates are fun.

Anyway, time to put my head to the grind stone and think up some cool things.

King Serperior

Well, in this game, being a pirate would likely get everyone killed.  That said, thank you for your interest.  Can't wait to see what you might come up with.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

1SAZ

Even without actual piracy, space pirates are still very much a term to be used. :P All jokes aside, this should be good.

Chulanowa

I find myself leaning towards "interested" in this, either with a Wol'Far, or something in that vein.

I'm... just going to have to ignore my inner xenobiologist yelling at me to play a radially symmetrical invertebrate that communicates through scent in a liquid-based environment and thinks methane is tasty.  ;D

King Serperior

Alright, that took me long enough.  Now, for the first analysis:
Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 25, 2016, 05:35:47 AM
Character Name: Kayda Vendar [Note: May not actually be her "real" name. She's used so many, she's forgotten which one was her original one...but she likes Kayda, so she's sticking with it!]
Might be an interesting plot point sometime in the future, learning her true name.

Former Occupation: Working off a debt for some lowlife to keep herself fed.
Such will be an interesting point of plot, though she will soon be under the debts of someone who is rather far from a lowlife!

Personality:
Kadya is supremely bubbly, cheerful, energetic and outgoing always ready with a joke or a flirtatious comment to attempt to lighten the mood. Though she suffers bouts of disappointment or petulance if things don't go her way (and the occasional bout of severe depression when her losses and her hard life manage to chip away at her sunny exterior some days), expect her to soon bounce back with a brand new round of sunniness and cheer that could make a rainbow vomit from nausea. She is friendly, cheerful and fiercely loyal to her friends, and surprisingly free with her sexuality; as she says, "it gets cold out there, so what's the harm in keeping warm with somebody you like every now and then?" Her cheerfulness can start grating sometimes, but she never lets those pouty-pants dampen her bubbly nature...when things get bad, just grin and find a way to fix it all! Getting sad and angry never helped anybody, after all. :-) Always look on the bright side! :D Face the darkness with a smile, and it will never truly win!
So, a happy-go-lucky nature?  She appears to be a similar mindset to Greyzak's own laid back attitude.  Besides, humor is much appreciated in bad situations.

Voices:  Voices One, Three, Four and Five. Knows a passable amount of Seven.
She knows a fair number of voices, but since she seems to be of the mechanic nature, she needs them in order to communicate with the number of species she likely had to deal with.
Abilities:  Super adaptability! Well, not a superpower, but she's human and they're very...versatile, she guesses? Also, she's very soft and cuddly! Though she isn't sure that will come up that much.
Magic:  None.
Psyonics:  Her affinity with machinery and mechanisms and dodads - which she thought was natural and just a bit uncanny at times - would be, if diagnosed, labelled as a brand of "Technopathy" in that she can gain an innate understanding of how a machine or system or computer works and then manipulate it to her will...though she doesn't know that her abilities are psyonic in nature, they are. Of course, even without her Technopathic abilities, she's a gifted engineer. Spend a long enough time practising something and you're gonna develop a talent for it, right?
Bionics:  None.
So, she's a Technopath, but doesn't know it?  Sounds pretty fair since I doubt most humans with Psyonic abilities would know all on their own unless they were born in the Thunderstorm Galaxy.  Well, that would be quite interesting for a small plot point should they find themselves in Thunderstorm or run across an expert Warlock.

Weaknesses:

- Though she's optimistic and friendly, internally she is very cynical and that can cause her to think the worst at times.
- Though she's agile and sneaky, her physical strength leaves a lot to be desired.
- That loyalty mentioned above? She's loyal to a fault if you earn it, sometimes being unable to see difficult truths if they conflict with her image of her boss or friend.
- Sometimes her friendly and forward nature gets her into more than a little trouble as she pushes on recklessly into situations that need a defter approach.
- Surprisingly emotionally closed off. She's friendly, yes, but good luck getting close to her on an emotional level.
Sounds like some interesting points that can come up in a number of character building parts of the story.  I see no real issues.

I see no troubles with the backstory, but I did have a couple of questions about this part:
She was dragged before the authorities...and was confronted with a Captain of the local System Military, whose weapons shipment she had tried to steal. She had thought herself destined for prison...until the Captain did something unexpected. He handed her off to a local Crimelord known as “Chainz,” after his fascination with vehicles and machinery – as it turned out, the Captain was corrupt...yeah, no surprise there; in that part of space, everybody was corrupt –
I would assume that she was, at this point, on some station or world in the fringes of the Corckscrew Galaxy or perhaps the Moor Galaxy?  When she was handed off to Chainz, he took her to Crimson Station somewhere in the Corkscrew Galaxy where she now resides?

The Meeting:

Well, it's not every day that you meet a gifted engineer and technician who's itching to get off the station she's found herself on, who's also pretty cute, is it? She's known as the single best engineer on the station, and the only reason Chainz has been able to keep hold of her is because he's the one who imports the machinery and vehicular technology to the station...if he's annoyed at you, you are not getting equipment repaired, and you're not getting new stuff either. However, a certain captain with a ship might be able to whisk her away before he even knows she's gone...
I would imagine that Greyzak found her during the week he was given to find a crew while he was searching the repair shops and docking bays, asking around for good engineers/mechanics.  When he came across her, he offered her a chance and I would assume she jumped at it.  So, she needed maybe a day or two to get away and join up?  That would likely make sense, would you not agree?

Starting Gear:

Besides that, she has a simple semi-automatic personal pistol and a small spherical droid that she's tinkered with other the years named "Joe." Joe has basic level AI technical conditioning, and is only slightly larger than a pair of fists pressed together. It flies using a pair of rotas on either side of its spherical form, and can act as an interface to a computer system for Kayda by releasing a small, fold-out screen that she can use as either a personal computer or a hacking interface. He also has a number of other basic functions - like an electrical tazer-like device, an inbuilt radio, a storage compartment, nail scissors and a bottle opener - but only things that a bored Technopath might add into their little companion over an afternoon of tinkering. Since he was cobbled together out of scraps and spare parts, he isn't exactly sleek looking with jutting out parts and a few exposed wires, and he does at times run a bit slowly or "glitch out." She's been working on him for years, but there's not much even she can do without proper parts or tools.
Okay, the clothes are all fine.  In regards to the pistol, would it be an energy weapon?  Or ballistic?

As for the little drone, if it's really just full of random devices and isn't really an offensive weapon, it is perfectly fine.  *nods*  A basic A.I. is also fine, something that is basically at an 'animal intelligence' level as opposed to sentience.  As in, it responds well to spoken commands by its creator and anyone else who it is programmed to listen to?

Also, don't forget to add that she has 900 Credits on her person at the time of the game's start!

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 26, 2016, 02:09:27 AM
I find myself leaning towards "interested" in this, either with a Wol'Far, or something in that vein.

I'm... just going to have to ignore my inner xenobiologist yelling at me to play a radially symmetrical invertebrate that communicates through scent in a liquid-based environment and thinks methane is tasty.  ;D
Well, let's see what you might come up with!  Do you have any specific concepts in mind?  I can give you some basic information on Wol'Fare if that is the path that you wish to take?

Quote from: 1SAZ on April 25, 2016, 11:45:58 PM
Even without actual piracy, space pirates are still very much a term to be used. :P All jokes aside, this should be good.
Oh, there will be pirates out there.  I am just barring the group from becoming pirates!

EDIT:  Since someone has expressed possible interest in a Wol'Fare, I thought I'd give some details about them:

Wol'Fare have their origins in the Corkscrew Galaxy and make up a large part of the CFS alongside Humans and a few other races.  They are well known for their strong sense of honor, though those who break the honor code the race has often are seen as oath breakers and must undergo many years of discipline before they can redeem themselves.  Wol'Fare stand between 5-7 feet tall and can weigh as much as 400lbs.  The race can live up to 120 years and, like humans, can learn magic and some are born with Psyonics, but those with such powers are less common than Humans with the same powers.  Bionics are common enough on Wol'Fare, as the same with a number of Humans, but some Wol'Fare flat out refuse changing their bodies from its natural state.  Unlike canines from Earth, Wol'Fare have very keen color vision and can see very well in the dark.  Their hearing and sense of smell is like that of wolves, making the race one of the Tri-Galaxies' greatest trackers.  Wol'Fare are also fairly fast, but can run on four limbs to increase their speed even further.  When it comes to weaponry, Wol'Fare generally prefer melee weapons, like Vibro-Blades, but they also like energy weapons.  Most ranged weapons also double as melee weapons for Wol'Fare often add a blade or something akin to a bayonet to it.  Wol'Fare respect the UWF and all but the most evil-hearted abhor slavery, thus will never join the Splynne or their practices.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: King Serperior on April 26, 2016, 01:14:19 PM
Might be an interesting plot point sometime in the future, learning her true name.

That's the plan! :D

Quote from: King Serperior on April 26, 2016, 01:14:19 PMShe knows a fair number of voices, but since she seems to be of the mechanic nature, she needs them in order to communicate with the number of species she likely had to deal with.

That was the idea...she's been living in the Underworld for so long, she's pieced together understandings of the various voices by dealing with both other urchins and business partners and customers of her various friends, enemies and "employers."

Quote from: King Serperior on April 26, 2016, 01:14:19 PMSo, she's a Technopath, but doesn't know it?  Sounds pretty fair since I doubt most humans with Psyonic abilities would know all on their own unless they were born in the Thunderstorm Galaxy.  Well, that would be quite interesting for a small plot point should they find themselves in Thunderstorm or run across an expert Warlock.

Exactly! She knows vaguely what they are, but not enough - given her rough upbringing - to understand what exactly it is or what the signs are. :-)

Quote from: King Serperior on April 26, 2016, 01:14:19 PMI would assume that she was, at this point, on some station or world in the fringes of the Corckscrew Galaxy or perhaps the Moor Galaxy?  When she was handed off to Chainz, he took her to Crimson Station somewhere in the Corkscrew Galaxy where she now resides?

Yeah, basically. I mean, she was on the fringes where corruption and lawlessness is more common, and got handed off by a corrupt local Captain who has more loyalty to his wallet than the government at large. :-)

Quote from: King Serperior on April 26, 2016, 01:14:19 PMI would imagine that Greyzak found her during the week he was given to find a crew while he was searching the repair shops and docking bays, asking around for good engineers/mechanics.  When he came across her, he offered her a chance and I would assume she jumped at it.  So, she needed maybe a day or two to get away and join up?  That would likely make sense, would you not agree?

Yeah, he asked around for a good mechanic and was told that Chainz was the best place to go for mechanical help (partly due to his stranglehold on the mechanical imports), and maybe he saw Kayda, had a conversation with her and was impressed by her stuff. She even maybe suggested ways to improve his ship already, apparently knowing the schematics off the top of her head...basically, he scouted her out and she impressed. Then, he offered her a chance to join her crew, but she loudly - and pointedly - refused, whilst glancing meaningfully at the back room and doing her best to nod both emphatically and subtly. Like "I AM AFRAID I CANNOT JOIN YOUR CREW, SINCE I AM CURRENTLY INDEBTED TO MR CHAINZ, I'LL GIVE YOU THE ADDRESS OF ANOTHER GIFTED MECHANIC!" whilst writing on a piece of paper, "FUCK yes, tell me when you're leaving and I'll be there, just be prepared for possible gunfire." XD

Quote from: King Serperior on April 26, 2016, 01:14:19 PMOkay, the clothes are all fine.  In regards to the pistol, would it be an energy weapon?  Or ballistic?

I'm thinking at the start that it would be a basic ballistic pistol that she's cobbled together herself, and as the game goes on she tinkers with it as she gets access to better parts and more shops and whatnot, customising it into her own little piece of equipment, like Joe. :-)

Quote from: King Serperior on April 26, 2016, 01:14:19 PMAs for the little drone, if it's really just full of random devices and isn't really an offensive weapon, it is perfectly fine.  *nods*  A basic A.I. is also fine, something that is basically at an 'animal intelligence' level as opposed to sentience.  As in, it responds well to spoken commands by its creator and anyone else who it is programmed to listen to?

Pretty much, yeah! It develops animal-like behavioural patterns like loyalty to people who are nice to it, the ability to recognise threats without being told that they're threats, a basic independent decision making process similar to dogs and cats and whatnot, etc etc. I mean, if Windows can make a learning AI Chatbot NOW, I don't think that's unreasonable for a Technopath to develop over a decade, y'know? As for doodads, I was imagining that it would have a small storage container for her pistol (which is designed to fold up), and maybe a basic stun-gun or patchwork tazer for basic self defence. Nothing capable of killing, but something that lets it possibly get out of danger in the right circumstances. But offensively, that would be it; he's more of a pet / mascot and utility bot to Kayda. :-)

Quote from: King Serperior on April 26, 2016, 01:14:19 PMAlso, don't forget to add that she has 900 Credits on her person at the time of the game's start!

How could I forget that roll? XD`

King Serperior

Alright, that all sounds good, though Greyzak wouldn't have been able to give her ship schematics at the time as he wouldn't have the Credits to get one until Gol'Fan meets him and the crew and tells them of the opportunity!  :P

Basically, once the crew is decided and the game begins, I'll have three ships for us to choose one of and that's what they'll be using, at least early on anyway.  However, ways of improving a vessel would be appreciated when they get it going!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vonandi

I'm still workin' btw. Having a hard time deciding what type of former criminal my character is going to be.

King Serperior

Not to worry.  I went ahead and closed off interest until characters can be made and discussed.  If everything goes well, we should have a pretty nice crew.

Now, as for an ex-criminal, I can offer some ideas if you would like?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Alright, now to go over the second character sheet:
Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on April 25, 2016, 07:10:28 PM
Would I be correct in thinking that what she is wearing is the false uniform that was given to her by the ones who disliked her?

Character Name:  2nd Lieutenant Ran Rankin
Current/Former Occupation:  Unwittingly AWOL/Cadet recently graduated from the fleet academy in the CFS.
That would be okay, though do note that it would be highly unlikely she will ever officially retain such a position in the CFS.

Personality:  Genius level intelligence, yet Ran is autistic.  Which causes a inept social skill.   So despite the off the charts intelligence and a eidectic memory .   She comes off as the dumb blonde, dumber then a box of rocks.  Naive and because of her autism submissive in nature.

Voices:  one, four and seven
An interesting idea, though be careful with the autism part.  Autism hits me rather closely, so I really don't like the idea of it being a 'weakness' and would prefer that you change it.  Other than that, I am fine with it.

Abilities:  Autistic - Genius level intelligence with eidectic memory.

Magic:  None

Psyonics:  Biokinesis
     *  Adaptation
        - Metabolic Efficiency; ability to purify body from toxic and poison substances.
        - Oxygen Absorption;  If their is any trace of oxygen in the environment she can breath, including underwater.
        - Heighten Reflexes;  Increase response time especially with hand and eye coordination.
        - Bio Synch;  The ability to adapt her body in extreme environments and  survive for a few hours. I.E.  vacuum.

Bionics:  None
Okay, first, I would like to say that, in my mind, those powers don't seem Psyonic in nature.  I am fine with such powers, but classifying them differently would make more sense.  There's two options for this:  Option 1).  She is an alternate Human, part of a society that has valued the hunt for perfection, thus, have used science to make them better than normal Humans.   Option 2).  Her 'abilities' come from cybernetic implants.  Each of those powers can be explained with cybernetics.  For example:  The Metabolic Efficiency could be nanobots in her blood, though such nanobots would need replacing after about six months.  The Oxygen Absorption could be explained by a cybernetic lung implant, which is a special chemical cell in the lungs that allows for an hour of oxygen storage if she happens to enter an oxygen-less environment.  The reflexes could be explained if she had an adrenaline implant that stores adrenaline and activates at will to heighten her reflexes and strength for longer than normal humans while the Bio Synch could be considered as a Bio-Scrubber that removes toxins from the body and allows her to survive in a vacuum in a 'hibernation' state for a few hours.

In truth, the second option makes much more sense overall.

Weaknesses:  * Body flush, increase urination if uses her psi ability metabolic efficiency. 
                        * Where her psi ability allows her to adapt and be efficient with them,  when she uses them she is
                           physically weaken for the resulting corresponding  length of time.
                       *  Autism lack of social skill, which gives her the dumb blonde syndrome. 
                       *  Because of the above weakness she unwittingly a wanted deserter from the fleet.
As stated above, I really am sensitive to the idea of 'Autism being a weakness' parts.  I really am not fond of that for my own personal reasons.  That said, with what I said above about the Psyonic abilities not actually being Psyonics, perhaps her weaknesses need adapting.

Background: The perfect baby,  perfect in every way physically.   With one major flaw,  and that Ran has autism.  Being autistic has not limited her.  Instead it helped her get enrolled into the Fleet Academy right out of high school at the age of eighteen.  Due to her flaw Ran did not have much social interaction with her peers in any level of schooling.  Which really is a large factor to where she is now and currently why.   For one Ran in Fleet Academy finished at the top of her class in many things.  Which caused a resentment to be fostered among her peers, the other cadets in her class.

These accomplishments included scoring the highest and setting the record in fighter combat piloting aptitude tests.  Top score in navigation and in response times while on the stick in the cockpit of a training fighter. 

With a trusting naive personality,  her peers jealous of her set her up for a unwittingly desertion.   The other cadets with one working in administration pulled her initial reporting orders to the battle group and cruiser she would have been assign to.  They even went as far as having a fake uniform made up for her.  Telling her that it was for the most elite fighter combat pilots in the fleet.   To complete the prank, they even got her tickets aboard a civilian passenger ship to the  Crimson Station in the Corkscrew galaxy.   

One of the other cadets knew of  Gol'Fan, the Keegrok and what he does.   So in her orders she is instructed to report to minister Gol'Fan.
You keep referring to being basically perfect in every way and I am not of the idea that anyone in the game being perfect.  Even if I wasn't against the idea of using Autism as a 'weakness,' having that one thing being the only 'flaw' for her is not preferred.  Other than that, Gol'Fan isn't very widely known outside of the small area of space Crimson Station is located.  As for what he does, almost anyone who knows him knows that he just owns a station in some backwater place in the Galaxy.

I don't mind that she was tricked into going to the Station, but it almost sounds that she is tricked to go there because it's a 'bad place.'

The Meeting:  In her nice brand new sparkling uniform.  A very proud yet naive.  Would find herself upon the Crimson station.   Where she asked to see Gol'fan himself.   Of course with her social skills such as they are, she comes off as crisp and short as she is in her military protocol dealing with a superior. 

It is at this point that the practical joke would come to a end.  Or so they had assume.  She be found out and in prison.  Sent back for being AWOL.   However, luck or circumstances has the meeting play out in a different hand.   For at the time a crisis is occurring.  A small cargo ship has severe damage and the pilot is not skilled enough to bring in the craft as the automatic system is been damaged.   Hearing that they needed a pilot,  Ran volunteers, she is ferry out to the damaged craft and boards it.   With her autism and ability she is able to guide the ship in by using the propulsion in time short spurts.  Showing a savvy like veteran jock like ability in piloting the craft.   

Now Gol'Fan who had not met with her yet.  Is impressed as he had witness this from control.   He would instruct one of his subordinates to offer a place in the next crew he is assembling to work for him.   
As stated before, I believe there is a misunderstanding here.  I mean, what made her stand out to Greyzak while he was looking for a crew?  Gol'Fan wouldn't know her at all.  This will need changing.

Starting Gear: * Exotic costume,  military.
                         * Toiletries hand bag with accompanying toiletries.
                         *  Plasma pistol, side arm.
                         *  500 credits
Note;  Ran's proper uniforms,  ad her civilian attire have been transported to her true destination in her actual orders.
There are no such things as actual Plasma Pistols since plasma is unstable.  That's why it has to be stored in cartridges.  Even then, such things would be heavy.  More than likely, she has a basic energy pistol.

I know I have judged this harshly, but I would not be comfortable otherwise with this character.  My apologies, but there have to be a number of changes before I can consider this character.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, as one final note:

There are currently six people interested in joining.  At most, I am only willing to accept four, however, if the concepts are good, I can consider accepting all six, but that would be pushing it game-size for me, so if everyone is accepted, please bear with me.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: King Serperior on April 27, 2016, 12:07:33 PM
Alright, now to go over the second character sheet:Would I be correct in thinking that what she is wearing is the false uniform that was given to her by the ones who disliked her?
That would be okay, though do note that it would be highly unlikely she will ever officially retain such a position in the CFS.
An interesting idea, though be careful with the autism part.  Autism hits me rather closely, so I really don't like the idea of it being a 'weakness' and would prefer that you change it.  Other than that, I am fine with it.

I have taken out autism and in its place used the premise of the cybernetic implants for as weakness in social interaction much as a athlete on steroids.

Okay, first, I would like to say that, in my mind, those powers don't seem Psyonic in nature.  I am fine with such powers, but classifying them differently would make more sense.  There's two options for this:  Option 1).  She is an alternate Human, part of a society that has valued the hunt for perfection, thus, have used science to make them better than normal Humans.   Option 2).  Her 'abilities' come from cybernetic implants.  Each of those powers can be explained with cybernetics.  For example:  The Metabolic Efficiency could be nanobots in her blood, though such nanobots would need replacing after about six months.  The Oxygen Absorption could be explained by a cybernetic lung implant, which is a special chemical cell in the lungs that allows for an hour of oxygen storage if she happens to enter an oxygen-less environment.  The reflexes could be explained if she had an adrenaline implant that stores adrenaline and activates at will to heighten her reflexes and strength for longer than normal humans while the Bio Synch could be considered as a Bio-Scrubber that removes toxins from the body and allows her to survive in a vacuum in a 'hibernation' state for a few hours.

In truth, the second option makes much more sense overall.
As stated above, I really am sensitive to the idea of 'Autism being a weakness' parts.  I really am not fond of that for my own personal reasons.  That said, with what I said above about the Psyonic abilities not actually being Psyonics, perhaps her weaknesses need adapting.

Powers have been changed to cybernetic implants.    As has the flaws are because of the cybernetic implants.

You keep referring to being basically perfect in every way and I am not of the idea that anyone in the game being perfect.  Even if I wasn't against the idea of using Autism as a 'weakness,' having that one thing being the only 'flaw' for her is not preferred.  Other than that, Gol'Fan isn't very widely known outside of the small area of space Crimson Station is located.  As for what he does, almost anyone who knows him knows that he just owns a station in some backwater place in the Galaxy.

The referral to such reference of seemingly perfect is to represent she seems such but is far from it that even with her worlds penchant for advancement in cybernetics  she is far from perfect.

I don't mind that she was tricked into going to the Station, but it almost sounds that she is tricked to go there because it's a 'bad place.'
As stated before, I believe there is a misunderstanding here.  I mean, what made her stand out to Greyzak while he was looking for a crew?  Gol'Fan wouldn't know her at all.  This will need changing.

How a student known, is based on simply a uncle or other relative is a trader and has had dealt at the station and mentioned from time to time about the Crimson station.    So wanting to send her to a out of the way place.   It seem a evil yet delicious thing to do.    Now as far as her not being known to the Gol Fan  that is why the volunteering to bring in a trader ship daaged and excelling at it.   A skill like that does not go unnoticed and be a good hire or investment.

There are no such things as actual Plasma Pistols since plasma is unstable.  That's why it has to be stored in cartridges.  Even then, such things would be heavy.  More than likely, she has a basic energy pistol.

Changed it to energy.

I also changed her origin to a UWF world that is not wholly part of the UWF.    Perhaps because the world because of cybernetics does not produce pyskers or warlocks.    So since she not in the UWF.     Of course she is going to realize near the beginning of the saga that she has been duped.   An  her home world's fleet has her listed as a deserter and such could come into play in the future. 

I know I have judged this harshly, but I would not be comfortable otherwise with this character.  My apologies, but there have to be a number of changes before I can consider this character.

I got no problem with the changes.   Thou  one autism is not a weakness.   However it is one in how others view them in such terms of interaction is what i was going for.   As said with reason for perfection is in regards in better description visual.   However I am easy and have no reason and respect your wishes so changed it in regards to the autism.

The reason for the powers being put in the psi,  simply because  I took them straight out of the white wolf  game psi game Trinity.    However I once again is easy and can work with how you see it.   

If they're is any other changes needed let me know, I be more then happy to oblige.   

Vonandi

Player Name: Ithnuul
Character Name: Aslan Hakan
Sex:Female
Orientation: Straight
Current/Former Occupation: Currently just a simple gun for hire, but has a past steeped in extensive criminal undertakings she even served under major crime lords back in the day. People who nowadays would very likely want her head on a pike.

Physical Features: Aslan stands 5‘11“ has deep golden brown skin and amber eyes. Her hair is brown and very thick and long, resting in waves upon her shoulders. It could be described as a bit wild or unkempt. She somewhat wiry but heavily toned and muscled.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
She has long scar running from her right cheek bone down in an arc to her chin.

Personality: Brash, opportunistic, self-centred.... Aslan isn't evil by any means but force and violence is all she's ever known, and through habit has become her Modus operandi. She isn't harsh or cruel but she has only made it in life so far due to her tendency to take what she can get and move before she can face the consequences of her actions. She's a drifter and a sell-sword and when's that all you've ever known what else are you to do? On the lighter side, she isn't some brooding malcontent, she’s excitable, wild; She's also boisterous and a lover of the simpler things like drink and song. She's fond of rough-housing, exploring, joking, or just sitting around chewing the fat with people she's fond of.
She may have a heroic physique but her mannerisms are that of a jackal, she often can be seen biting her lip or with her tongue out when she’s doing something she enjoys, She could be called fun loving, but her definition of fun may very well differ from yours; She enjoys explosions, destruction, fighting, and just generally sewing chaos. Something she gets to do a lot of in her line of work.

Voices: Four, one, seven,

Magic:N/A

Psyonics:N/A

Bionics:All of the fingers on her left hand are cybernetic for reasons she’s never revealed. The bionics are outdated tech made out of old discoloured metal of swirling bronzes, browns and silvers. A chassis made of small bars of the same material hooks around her hand to hold the fingers in place. These fingers give her no special abilities other than the continued use of her left hand.

Strengths:
+At her physical peak and fairly strong for a human

+Decent with knives and in hand to hand combat

+An amazing shot with small arms, particularity with handguns

+She’s a survivor, she’s been in enough situations in which she thought for sure she was going to die to the point that she has learned how to calm herself down and do whatever it takes to get herself out of it alive, no matter the cost.

+Due to her past experiences she very well versed in the methods of certain crime syndicates as well as their locations, identifying symbols and equipment. If the crew where to ever run into such people this information should be very helpful if not life saving.

Weaknesses:

+Can be a bit self-centred at times, especially when money or her well being is concerned.

+Very boorish and rough around the edges.

+Chaotic, known making big decisions on a whim, as well as never really every following a regular routine.

+Finds fun in chaos, or at least in combat.

+Morally grey

Background:Asland’s background is not something she talks about it is known she has had dealings with major crime syndicates in the past, but she has revealed nothing else and likely won’t even reveal that until she is safely off the station.

The Meeting:  She’s been grounded on this station for months at this point and is willing to say anything she has to get off it. She won’t take no for an answer and will very unsubtly reference her skills and abilities and why exactly you need her on this ship.

Starting Gear:  Most of her old gear was taken before she arrived on the station, so she had to scrounge up some gear over the few months she’s been grounded.

+A heavy laser pistol she keeps holstered on her side

+Some tattered light Armor consisting of a large worn metal plate sewn in to an old long sleeve military uniform.

+black gloves

+Black military grade boots (dubiously obtained)

+A large 6" combat knife she keeps sheathed in her boot

+400 credits

Character Ons/Offs: 

Player Ons/Offs: 
Going to tweak it a bit but here’s most of it.

King Serperior

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on April 27, 2016, 06:26:29 PM
I got no problem with the changes.   Thou  one autism is not a weakness.   However it is one in how others view them in such terms of interaction is what i was going for.   As said with reason for perfection is in regards in better description visual.   However I am easy and have no reason and respect your wishes so changed it in regards to the autism.

The reason for the powers being put in the psi,  simply because  I took them straight out of the white wolf  game psi game Trinity.    However I once again is easy and can work with how you see it.   

If they're is any other changes needed let me know, I be more then happy to oblige.   

Alright, well, if you and Vergil wouldn't mind placing the original character post in spoilers and reposting the edited versions, I'll look over them again.

@Ithnuul:  I'll look over your character soon.  However, I would like to point out that it would be better if you actually posted the image of your character rather than a link.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

I didn't think I had to make any edits, just some basic clarifications....or am I missing something? It is 4am here....

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 29, 2016, 10:12:33 PM
I didn't think I had to make any edits, just some basic clarifications....or am I missing something? It is 4am here....
Yeah, I don't think there were any issues.  However, I do have a question about her drone:  What sort of power source does it have?  Does it need recharging?  Or perhaps it's powered by energy clips for energy pistols?  Or is there something else?  I would say that it is far too small to have a miniature nuclear core.  The smallest I would say that would have one such core is about half the size of the average human torso.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

I was thinking that it ran on, like, a Fusion Battery or something that needed to be recharged from a Docking Station or something, but also had a small number of Energy Pistol cells for "Emergency Power" if it ran into a situation where its battery died and it wasn't near a charging station. When using Emergency Power, all non-essential functions would stop. Is that ok?

Chulanowa

Sorry folks. I'm going to have to bow out of this one; I just can't get my brain on board for it

King Serperior

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 30, 2016, 12:30:36 PM
Sorry folks. I'm going to have to bow out of this one; I just can't get my brain on board for it
No problem and good luck in other games.  Sorry to see an interested player go, but I wish you well.

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 30, 2016, 06:47:39 AM
I was thinking that it ran on, like, a Fusion Battery or something that needed to be recharged from a Docking Station or something, but also had a small number of Energy Pistol cells for "Emergency Power" if it ran into a situation where its battery died and it wasn't near a charging station. When using Emergency Power, all non-essential functions would stop. Is that ok?
A fusion battery works.  It can easily be recharged from the ship's engines as well.  The emergency power is also acceptable.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

No problem!

And awww, sad to see you go, Chul :-( Good luck in your other games! :D

King Serperior

Alright, you have officially been accepted to the crew, Vergil!   :D

I'll be going over the last character sheet and, once Elven has re-posted her character with the fixes, I'll go over that too.  Hopefully, the other interested parties will have a character thought up soon.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace