Answer with a quote

Started by RadiantMind, June 30, 2012, 08:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love And Submission

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
- John F. Kennedy

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

gaggedLouise

"In advertising there is no such thing as lies, there is only the art of expedient exaggeration."

-Roger Thornhill in North By Northwest.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

KaraKres

"It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another."

- George H. W. Bush

Oniya

*points both ways*  "Of course, some people do go both ways."

[The Scarecrow, from The Wizard of Oz]
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

"That's the way you do it! Money for nothing and chicks for free!"

-Mark Knopfler, lyrics to Money for Nothing (reputedly verbatim quote from  a customer in a tv shop)

KaraKres

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

- George Washington

CraterLakeKing

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.

Confucius.

KaraKres

"It is chiefly through books that we enjoy intercourse with superior minds. In the best books, great men talk to us, give us their most precious thoughts, and pour their souls into ours."

- William Ellery Channing

gaggedLouise

"There are really only two people on this forum, Woland and me, as I am behind all the other active accounts and names engaged in discussion with him and with each other."

-posted at the forum/message board of a student fraternity I was with a couple years ago. In theory, anyone could post or register, even from an internet café in Africa; you didn't even need an account, and you never had to say who you were, not even privately to the moderator. Although no one was posting under their full name and many people had picked the cool nick, the real-life identities of many of the top posters were well known to many of the students, post-graduates and ex-active-but-still-posting members on the forum. "Woland" had been the chairman of the fraternity a few years before. So just theoretically, what the poster said could have been the truth...One face of internet dialogue.  ;)

QuirkyFelicity

"You can't really legislate the decisions that your heart makes. Better to be frowned upon and stay aline, than to be respectable and walking like the living dead." - Tom Hiddleston
Looking for a Dance Partner: O/O
My Café Corner: come visit

“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is that we notice when we're doing it.” -Neil Gaiman

Elysium

We are all brothers under the skin, and I, for one, would be willing to skin humanity to prove it.

- Ayn Rand

QuirkyFelicity

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them, all of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Hundred of them. Thousands, maybe."

-Neil Gaiman

“You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is that we notice when we're doing it.” -Neil Gaiman

KaraKres

"Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought."

- Henry David Thoreau

QuirkyFelicity

“Our hyper-sexualized culture insists that everyone with a bond of any kind must surely be going at it, right? Shut the door and everyone’s clothes come off, that’s what people imagine. But that’s not how it is.”
-Quiet Man

DiverseDesires

“It's been so long since I've had sex I've forgotten who ties up whom.” Joan Rivers
"The imagination is the spur of delights… all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" ~Marquis de Sade~

Imaginings  ~  Desirables  ~  Wilful Words  ~  Diary - A/A  Updated September 15th

Elysium

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.

- C.S. Lewis

(Possibly one of my top fav. quotes  :-) )

gaggedLouise

"I don't have any friends anymore, I only have partners in crime. But their number keeps increasing, they are now one with the human race."

-Albert Camus, The Fall (a wonderfully zany quote, spoken or thought by a frantic character)

KaraKres

"If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another."

- Winston Churchill

UtterChaos

`If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied, illuminate the notes on their vacancy signs. If there`s no one besides when your Soul embarks, I will follow you into the Dark.`
-Ben Gibbard, Death Cab for Cutie from the song Follow you into the Dark

Love And Submission

I hate most of what constitutes rock music, which is basically middle-aged crap.
- Sting

Event Horizon

"I'm too old for this shit".

- Roger Murtaugh

QuirkyFelicity

"Sometimes words didn't go far enough, the vessels of letters and the ladle of grammar incapable of holding the heart's sentiments."

-JR Ward

Sylk

"You have stumbled upon a tragic story Phillipe Gaston. And now you are caught up in it, with the rest of us."

Imperius to Phillipe (the mouse) in Ladyhawke regarding the discovery of the secret lives of Isabeau and Navaar
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

mayovagn

"Act," he enjoins her, "act, my lovely one. Act; you know by what means I may be drawn from this languid condition, I beg you to adopt them with all despatch, for I feel myself pressed mightily to proceed."

Marquis De Dade - 120 Days of Sodom
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Love And Submission

I've already told you: the only way to a woman's heart is along the path of torment. I know none other as sure.
- Marquis de Sade