Akuma no sensō: The Devil's War |Interest Check|

Started by LeSane, April 29, 2014, 02:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

I sit here at my desk and ask myself.

Is there anything else I want out of life?

I am that man with the proverbial everything. Businesses, capital, rare arts, fine women… the list can go on and on. I do not consider myself as pretentious as others, nor do I consider myself humble. Rather I walk that fine line, balancing in harmony between both.

What does one get himself when he has it all?

The answer when it came to me was simple of course. More money, more power in order to further solidify my foothold in this world, or at least the piece I legally own. What I needed to put it simply-- was a new gimmick.

Thus, my problem was solved. But what venture have I not put my fingers into? What ground have I not yet tread?

Then I remembered the old days, and the boy I used to be.

Ten years old and shrunken from lack of food. The world below was harsh and unforgiving. Food was not just needed, it ruled over all in those dirty back alleys.

As a boy I remembered the older men whispering of an underground fighting league. A place where men and women can fight for a better life for themselves and their family at the cost of their own.

It did not last long though. Nothing lasted long back in those days.

But it seems like something could be revived again, if one was to give the right incentive.

“Get Jonahs and Celan on the line. I have need for their assistance after all.”

What do you give a man who has everything?

Blood. All for his amusement.

Standard
A society requires a basic set of laws and rules to follow, otherwise chaos will exist. Like any thriving society, this role-play has particular standards to follow and abiding by them is required and not optional. Failure to comply by the below rules will result in a denial of application or banning from the role-play. They're simple and basic enough, most of them based on common sense. I don't think they will be difficult to follow.

If you've read the above statement, please introduce yourself to me when you submit your reservation.

ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀᴄʏ

This is what I've had people call 'lazy lit'. Type as much as you want, just keep the story moving, ya hear? Writer's block? Understandable, but don't make it a habit (I don't accept one liners however. Sorry...). Minor misspellings, grammatical errors and such are acceptable, but text talk and the like and I will seriously just punch you.

ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Say "hello!" in the OOC once in a while. I take it as a sign you're still keeping up with the RP. Just respect everyone, don't ignore people, and we'll get along just fine. Please read carefully other people's posts and profiles to avoid misunderstandings. Shoot each other PM's (not bullets!) about possible plot twists and relationships. We're all friends here.

ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ

Twice every week please if not fighting. That's not even a lot of output, and this some insanely lit roleplay that requires novel-length posts. It can't be too hard to post that often, right? Not even per character - I just need to know that you're still alive. If you have to go somewhere for a while, just shoot me a PM. Mention how long you'll be gone please! Inform the OOC if you can as well. We'll figure something out to explain your absence. If you have to leave the roleplay (and I'm hoping you don't...) please shoot me a PM. Tell me who your character is, and what he or she's currently doing. We'll finalize your character's last actions so the plot can go on smoothly without you.

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs

Make a Gary-Stu/Mary-Sue and you will promptly face death. Yes. The moment I get the vibes from you, I'll tell you. If you still don't listen to me, prepare to face my wrath! A reservation is required before you submit a profile. When making a reservation, please title your PM "Registration." I'll hold said reservation for three days, and then your character is up for grabs. Use the codes I've specifically filled out for that purpose. Don't just randomly PM me saying "Can I have the last spot?" Why do I need a reservation, when there aren't any particular roles to play? The Character sheets are housed at a separated thread, but a short version is viewable here on the main thread.

Fighting
1. If you forget to post something in your intro; Power, ability, weapon, trait. You can not use it at anytime later in the fight. Those things forgotten are off limits. If they are used, it is grounds for character disqualification of that round from the match through the No God Moding tolerance. This is a competition between the knowledge of two minds on how well they know their character.

2. No God Moding. This goes towards those that take a hit in the T1 and get up from it like nothing every happened. T1ing is a competition against two different skills. The first to out smart, and out match their opponent is the winner. The easiest way to winning a T1 is to always keep in mind, the first one that lands a hit wins.

3. No Auto-Attacks. This is the statement that your attack landed without letting your opponent counter/block/dodge/avoid/deflect in their posts after. All attacks are attempted; you do not post attacking and connecting in the same turn. Attempting and connecting in the same turn is an auto.

4. You must post equal length to your opponents attack post if you are to dodge/counter/block their attack. If you get a 5+ para attack post {For example}, you have to fully explain your actions and how you did your counter/dodge/block in your replying post that measures up to the attack section length that was posted previously.

5. Correct spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and over all quality of your posts is the means of gaining a win. The more effort you put into your characters’ posts the better and smoother the fight will go.

6. Both interrupts and hypothetical, and, indeed, all elements of T1 must be logical or else cannot happen; if you're interrupting a nearly split-second move, for instance, as you're looking the other wayand engaged in some other motion, you won't succeed. Likewise, if your hypothetical is that your 140 pound axe will be swung left into the ribs if its potent downward blow is evaded, and your enemy is nimble and simply ran to the side at the "last moment," you naturally won't hit him.

7.Meta-gaming is when you use OOC information - or information your character does not have - in a fight, bestowing him that information. It can also be posting your character, after a duel is agreed on and a random room made, somehow having placed explosives exactly where your adversary is standing after he posts. An auto, too, but it can very well likewise fall under meta-gaming.

What is T1?...
Turn-based Textual Combat (TB, T1, para), is dependent upon the honesty and integrity of players, as well as their ability to out maneuver their opponents whilst thinking laterally, following a logical course of progression. By this, each player is the sole judge of their character and what happens to their character; no other individual holds in any way any control or power over the actions of another. They are expected to play fairly and with refrain at all times, deciding whether the outcome of events should go against what they might wish.

How will this work?...
This will be a team battle via two on two. Each player must communicate with their partner to achieve a balance in combat; basically compensating for the others short comings. The fights will be as such. Both members of the party must be unable to continue for the fight to end. If one goes down during combat the partner is unable to aid them until the match is concluded. When all the pre-elimination matches are concluded all remaining teams will be split up continuing on to One on One matches to declare a single winner.

Is this solely fighting?...
That is a tough question to answer in all honesty. The game itself is action driven, but that does not mean other 'natures' of role playing cannot be used. Things regarding sexual acts, scheming, plots, and so on are encouraged so the plot (when its finally solidified) is deepened, and gives characters the necessary time to show their true nature.

What am I allowed to be?...
This is a Sci-fi driven game so demons, angels, etc will not be permitted. However things such as augmentations that can alter the body in some manner can  give a human different appearances. You'll have to ask me if you want them to look a certain way. I doesn't hurt to ask.

The Valhalla Corporation is a massive corporation involved in the development and manufacture of everything from air-crafts and sonar to small arms. It was the first company to discover the usefulness of augmenting a user to a weapon. The project also brought Valha to the forefront of weapons manufacturing, and was extremely profitable. The immense success of the  Valhalla Corporation's venture inspired other corporations, such as the Lobos Corporation, to explore other venues.

Despite being a successful weapons manufacturer, Renatus aren't one for getting things done fairly. They don't care for the people who help or work for them. The current CEO ihas proved that they see their employees as assets rather than people, as it still expects the remaining 3% of the staff to be reminded of this daily. Similarly, it would seem Rena (for short) is a corporation mired in bureaucracy and red tape. They specializes in manufacturing classic style weapons with wooden stocks, each weapon is hand crafted and of extremely high quality.

The Los Lobos appears to be the manufacturer of military grade land vehicles used in south america, having the stylized name embossed on the front of them. According to the past events, Lobo killed several of their members when they refused to continue developing weapons and sided with civil activists to halt the testing of said weapons; that statement has not been proven true. They also have mining operations, which according to the founder was 'lucrative'. Los Lobos used cybernetic workers until a few years back many of its 'workers' are more tech than human.

Heretic is the ranked 1st manufacturer in the world. Their weapons have greater magazine sizes and deeper tech pools than most other manufacturers. Heretic utilizes a black and red finish on their guns to distinguish them from the competition. This manufacturer may be a post-market distributor of weapons, buying basic weaponry and gear at or beneath wholesale, modifying it, and then reselling it to the open market at a profit. This company has bought stock in most of the other companies, and exploits this numerous times.

Purify was founded on the principle that no family should be without the protection that an affordable, lightweight firearm provides... Though that motto has been thrown out and  is known for producing disposable weapons which have been used by assassins worldwide. Weapons, armor, mods, etc made by this manufacturer are common and are well known for being the cheapest and most accessible. Purify is the leading producer of silent weapons in Asia.

Their weapons and shields always use some form of elemental technology, but due to this fact, they tend to lack in other areas. However they specialize in mechs, suits, and other ordnance that explode. E.V.O. offers a full line of pistols, shotguns, rifles, and rocket launchers to fit every style. They've been on the rise lately since having been dubbed second best as of last year. The Owner wants to have his company be on top again.

[float=left][img height=245]???[/img][/float]
[b]Basic Info[/b]
[font=arial][b]Name[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Age[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Sex[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Height[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Weight[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Appearance[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here Description and Links for image]

[hr][hr]
[b]Advanced Info[/b]
[font=arial][b]Power[/b][/font]
   [Insert Here only one]
[font=arial][b]Skills/Abilities[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
  [Insert Here]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Fighting Style[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Weapons[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
  [Insert Here]
[hr]
[b]Team Info[/b]
[font=arial][b]Biography[/b][/font]
   [Insert Here] (Short and sweet +2 para)
[font=arial][b]Team Name[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Teammate's Name[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Relationship with teammate[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]History with partner[/b][/font]
  [Insert Here]
[font=arial][b]Sponsored by[/b][/font]
  [Inset Here]

Example...
NPC Eris
Basic Info
Name
  [Data Restricted ://Codename... Eris]
Sex
  Female
Height
  5'10"
Weight
  Refused to give information
Appearance
  As seen along the left...

Advanced Info
Power
   Slow regenerative healing factor
Skills/Abilities
  Expert marksman (via cybernetic eyes)
  Expert martial artist
  Enhanced physical and mental attributes
Fighting Style
  Bōjutsu & jojutsu
Weapons
  Grinlok
The Grinlok is lever-action rifle that serves as the Grineer equivalent to a mid range sniper. It trades out magazine size and rate of fire for higher overall damage, so one must make every shot count. With pinpoint accuracy, the Grinlok lever-action repeating rifle can easily find the soft spot on any target. Its a homage to the wild west without the horrible accuracy; one must have a steady hand to handle this weapon.
  Orthos
The forged Orthos is a rare double bladed staff. Those who take the time to master it speak of its impressive striking distance and ability to hit multiple targets. Not much is know of its origin since these are no longer made except that they were made long ago by their sponsor, yet due to its lethal effectiveness they were banned from further production.

Team Info
Biography
   [Data Corrupted ://File Removed]
Team Name
  Outer Haven
Teammate's Name
   Loki
Relationship with teammate
History with partner
Sponsored by
  Creator of Tournament
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

LeSane

Updated

》Major overhaul of the roleplay.
》Added info on Sponsors
》Created standard rules
》Add FAQS

More to come in the near future.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'